精华
帖子

Pisces双鱼座 荣誉版主 QQ联合登录

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-5 21:30:06 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
0710G同主题写作第四期——难题的真相之Argument50

"真相"系列之二终于憋出炉了!

这次无夏要给大家做一道曾经让无夏彻底崩溃的阿狗-地球诞生与彗星, 相信这次做活动的同学数目会锐减(抹额头|||). 而本打算参加的同学陡然停止了手中的鼠标点击, 然后心中暗骂数声BT...

我对A50的理解有四个阶段, 第一是崩溃阶段. 第二是瓦解阶段. 第三是顿悟阶段. 第四是ace阶段. 因此无夏有理由相信, 通过这道典型的解析, 会让我们对Argument的一系列难题产生一个全新的, 崭新的, 涣然一新的obversation.

从而可以推理出所有Argument难题的真相将会是万众瞩目的---(登登登登)

纸老虎.
[参阅. <也谈纸老虎的来历> http://www.huayuqiao.org/articles/yuwenjianshetongxun/8205.htm]

So now let us go with this topic:

50.From a draft textbook manuscript submitted to a publisher. "As Earth was being formed out of the collision of space rocks, the heat from those collisions and from the increasing gravitational energy of the planet made the entire planet molten, even the surface. Any water present would have evaporated and gone off into space. As the planet approached its current size, however, its gravitation became strong enough to hold gases and water vapor around it as an atmosphere. Because comets are largely ice made up of frozen water and gases, a comet striking Earth then would have vaporized. The resulting water vapor would have been retained in the atmosphere, eventually falling as rain on the cooled and solidified surface of Earth. Therefore, the water in Earth's oceans must have originated from comets."

当地球在太空岩石的撞击作用下形成的时候,撞击产生的热量和行星越来越大的重力能量使整个行星融化,甚至包括表面。当时存在的任何水分都会蒸发并消失在太空。然而,当行星接近现在的大小的时候,它的重力强到了足以保持其周围的气体和水蒸气来形成大气层。由于彗星主要是由冻结的水和气体组成的冰,撞击地球的彗星将会蒸发。产生的水蒸气将被留在大气层,最终以降雨的形式落在地球已冷却而且坚硬的表面。因此,地球海洋的水分一定是来自彗星。

Step one: Reading the passage.

The major destination in this part is to distinguish which is the reality and which is the reasoning during it.

Because I guess our biggest problem in the tough Arguments' topics are similar-we even do not know the meaning of Chinese, how can I examine if the evidence is correct or incorrect?

That is really insteresting. At the beginnning, I had discussed this topic ever with a friend who learning in physics. He appreciated me to read something articles about the earth originating. As he said, we have no choice, or we would have no basical standard to judge whether those sentences are genuine or not.

Furthermore, there are two major problems we had to solve--how the earth birth and whether it generated the water in this process at the end. I fundementally refered to this website to read the data of them, the link is following:

http://netroom.hbu.edu.cn/personal/gene2000/life-qiyuan.htm

Meanwhile I also read several other similar references, finally I realized that if you use those data to compare to this Argument, you will find the author is totally wrote a scientific fiction. Because of the human beings had not decided which one could be the absolute right way for the earth beginning. Most of the professional experts were just provided a vague answers of their assumptions. On other words, this author created a background of his reasoning, and that was reasonable.

Getting here you can see, once the topic related to a extremely complicated subject, it had to make a describtion which was more dedail than other general topics. If he did not make such summary, the whole reasoning of this process won't be limited. That is to say, one consequence will have lots of fairlly causes from every other reasonable angels.

And that just hits me like a very good news. The more such of these "background" the topic had, the less reasoing of the writer we need to attest! And that is eventuelly the truth of tough topics in Argument wrtitng.

Step two: Classifying the passage.

When you caught this light our for the tough topic, you must to pick up the portion of describtion and thereby to list the reasoning one by one. I quoted the passage again:

"As Earth was being formed out of the collision of space rocks, the heat from those collisions and from the increasing gravitational energy of the planet made the entire planet molten, even the surface. Any water present would have evaporated and gone off into space. As the planet approached its current size, however, its gravitation became strong enough to hold gases and water vapor around it as an atmosphere. Because comets are largely ice made up of frozen water and gases, a comet striking Earth then would have vaporized. The resulting water vapor would have been retained in the atmosphere, eventually falling as rain on the cooled and solidified
surface of Earth. Therefore, the water in Earth's oceans must have originated from comets."

In my opinion, I tend to make this pink part as the whole background of the Earth being. Rests of it is the real reasoning of this author stated his own minds. So you just to be believed to this process and leave the REALISITY alone. Based on this evidence the author given to turn your argument out.

Setp three: Analyzing the reasoning.

Untill now, whatever you had be surprising or raptured, the fact is apparent standing in here, which is a simple structure he done. You can see clearly the err and the how caused to them.

Firstly, this is a series of unfairly causalities. And that is also the major vice the author appeared. I will detail it from three aspects.

With the construction of comets, the author did not provide any evidence to demonstrate the frozen water and gases are the major substances made up in it. For the metter, vapor may be the one consequence of all possibilites of comets cracked to the Earth.

Therefore, how the water had being generated and droped down the earth is a unconvincing assumption.

With the parttern of raindrop, even though we accknowledged the foregoing point is alright, the author still were short of the evidence and nesassary intruduction of other partterns the water formed in our Earth.

And it also could be doubted because the author did show us the definite information of this raindrop. What the amounts of the water came from raining was? Are there other space rocks have such kinds substances which can produce the water? Lacking these information, the author can not point out his final study.

Note: Obviously, I omited several details of the exact demonstrating. Those are the tasks which you had achieved from this mission. And I will polish it after you handed in your work below here.

本期规则:
1.每个发同主题的GTER,请按照正确的发帖格式发帖。
https://bbs.gter.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208286&extra=page%3D1格式不正确者,版主和板油都有权利不修改其习作。
2.回帖只留下链接和中文提纲(中文提纲有利于互相修改时候浏览和参阅),不需要回复全文。
3.请第一个参与同主题的GTER修改下一个参与的,依次类推,保证每个参与者的作文都能够得到修改。e.g.第一楼回帖的iq28贴了习作,第二楼的pippo没有贴习作,第三楼的星夜贴了习作。则iq28修改星夜的。
4.每个回帖的GTER,如果你参与了互改小组,请说明你的互改小组。
5.请不要一楼贴超过一篇习作。斑竹有权力删除或者修改。不允许占楼不贴习作的,这样自己的习作会被延误修改。楼上的GTER可以直接跳过占贴楼修改。

[ 本帖最后由 星夜无夏 于 2007-8-6 20:48 编辑 ]
已有 3 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
jiaoxinghappy + 1
勋勋 + 1 1
陈星君 + 2 谢谢分享

总评分: 寄托币 + 2  声望 + 2   查看全部投币

"In academia, there's always someone who is brighter, more charismatic, more connected, more insightful, and more well-paid than you."  --Untenured
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-2-6
精华
帖子

Libra天秤座 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2007-8-5 21:42:31 |只看该作者
UP..

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-7-29
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主 QQ联合登录 AW活动特殊奖

板凳
发表于 2007-8-5 21:43:45 |只看该作者
图文共赏~~~漂亮~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-26
精华
帖子

Capricorn摩羯座 荣誉版主 QQ联合登录

地板
发表于 2007-8-5 22:05:49 |只看该作者
赞~全English啊.. 好BH的文风恩..

哈哈这篇我写过~ 好亲切 ;d:

P.S.
昵称里的怨毒小妇.. 不会刚好是.. 我吧.. |||

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-9-29
精华
帖子

Cancer巨蟹座 荣誉版主 QQ联合登录 建筑版勋章

发表于 2007-8-5 22:10:44 |只看该作者
I've got a similiar understood on this topic, as that it presents no reasons but a series of assumptions. On the one hand, it is full of errors, or open points. On the other hand, since such errors have no links, we should present a totally new theory as an alternative. So now what? A series instead of the other. Such a scenario is very different from the other topics because we have alternatives according to each point of an other-type argument, but not itself as whole. In this sense, it requires more background knowledge if we want to present another series, or, even more than one.

However, I think there should be some easier way to point out its errors, which is, unsystematical. This diverses far from what we've been fimiliar with the argument task, but it does exist in official sample essays. In this way, we just define the errors, but not present alternatives. Logical errors are more than various possibilities, and argument does not only aim at the final conclusion of the task. It is OPEN.

So there might be some other solutions.

Anyway, good job. I wonder how many gters would join this mission, a mission impossible, ha. English instructions and tough topic make every participator a warrior.

[ 本帖最后由 lastangel 于 2007-8-5 22:12 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-5 22:12:30 |只看该作者

[0710G突击先锋]

take a seat~

Syllabus:
reliability of the correlation between the formation of occean and the comets is open to doubt
even if we concede the reliability mentioned above, whether the comets can form the water of the oceans is still unwarranted
there might be other possible resources of the original oceans' water

https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=717014&extra=page%3D1

[ 本帖最后由 xmubit 于 2007-8-6 17:13 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-12
精华
帖子

Golden Apple

发表于 2007-8-5 22:16:44 |只看该作者
呵呵

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-5 22:30:52 |只看该作者
[0710G 突击先锋]
提纲:1.地球达到它目前的形状时,会有彗星撞击。这一点没有证据能够解释,而且彗星中含有ice 的数量也不一定足够。
2.作者开始提到宇宙空间中的撞击会导致气体蒸发,而后又提到过,彗星撞击地球气体则会留在地球中,论据不充分。
3.不一定是由彗星中的水构成海洋,还可能有其他原因,诸如化学反应。

下面是我的argument,欢迎拍砖,不胜感激。

https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=717054&extra=page%3D1

[ 本帖最后由 freepooh 于 2007-8-6 11:20 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-5-14
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-5 22:32:09 |只看该作者
提纲:1、混淆概念:sapce rockes and comets
         2、彗星水分可能返回外太空
         3、错假设:彗星水分不一定汇成海洋,在地球上还有其他存在形式
我的文章
https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=717138&extra=page%3D1

[ 本帖最后由 charliesjack 于 2007-8-6 14:01 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-5 22:32:37 |只看该作者
[0710G突击先锋]

提纲:
1、没有证据说明彗星是在地球到现在这么大之前就发生了撞击的
2、因为水气变成雨是有条件的,彗星上的冰不一定能变成雨
3、雨形成后也许不以海洋的形式存在在地球上
4、海洋的形成还可以有许多别的途径

https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/thread-717208-1-1.html   欢迎拍砖

[ 本帖最后由 mellon_l 于 2007-8-6 16:09 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-5 22:34:51 |只看该作者
Syllabus:

First, there is no evidence provided in the argument to show how many comets stroke the earth after the earth approached its current size, as well as the water content of those comets.

Second, the argument failed to compare the earth with other planets in the solar system.

Finally, the argument didn't rule out other possible sources of the waters in the ocean of the earth.

我的第二个攻击点,下面是xmubit提出的意见。我总觉得这一点还是可以说的,但不知道怎样说更好,希望版版在总结这次同主题写作的时候,给我指教。Thanks!

Second, the argument failed to compare the earth with other planets in the solar system. There are some planets that not only have enough gravitation to hold water vapor and gases, but also have solid surface, like the Mars. How many comets had stroke the Mars? Were there no fewer comets that stroke the Mars than the earth? If the answer is true, then why is the earth the only planet in the solar system to have a beautiful ocean? Before answer all these questions, I can not believe the conclusion in the argument[这个攻击点有问题 两个星球没有可比性 如果轨道发展历程都一样那倒可以考虑如此类比].

https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=717269&extra=

[ 本帖最后由 banyanweng 于 2007-8-9 09:37 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-5 22:46:30 |只看该作者
zhanzuo

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-4-14
精华
帖子

Pisces双鱼座 荣誉版主 US Assistant US Applicant QQ联合登录

发表于 2007-8-5 22:52:04 |只看该作者
:eek: 来晚了之占到第二版....
https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthre ... UMENT50%2Bspeakless
帖篇前段时间写的
各人感觉这题不是太难写,因为能攻击的地方比较明显并且也不多......
如果想写好~可能多加点想象力,构造出一个其他理论可能比较不错...
PS:文章仅做参考,不需要改了
找回生活的感觉

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-5 22:54:55 |只看该作者
占座了哈

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-15
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-6 01:24:00 |只看该作者

0710G戴三个表冲刺小组,顺便给组里交份作业。

看到这个主题写作真的很好,早上才补写了第三期的Argument167,(还没人给我改,呜呜)又看到Argument50,都是很有特点的,和大家一起写才能最好的进步。还没有看楼主的解释,根据自己的理解先写了,后面再详细读解释,再做修改,检查自己的思路问题。请大家多指教,想和大家学习的是思路,不是一个孤立的Argu。

Syllabus:
    1.地球是太空石头撞击形成,这种学说可靠吗?有没有其他的关于地球起源的说法,如果不是这样,则后面的解释就没有了基础。
    2.即使地球是太空石头撞击形成的。如果water vapor没有跑远,完全有一种解释,地球可以strong的把气和水蒸气吸引在在周围形成atmosphere,就可以将其中的water vapor凝结成water形成ocean。   
    3.即使证明地球上的Water是外来的,为什么必须是comets,而不是其他的Planets。即使是我们现在不知道的星球,也有可能有ice和water。
    4.另外也没有提供证明,comet 曾经strike过地球。

正文:https://bbs.gter.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=716918&extra=page%3D1

使用道具 举报

RE: 0710G同主题写作第四期之难题的真相——Argument50 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发