声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-11 20:55:06 |只看该作者
2012年2月10日

【Y or N】Parents should help children to do their work or encourage children to do their work independently.

Obviously, parents are the ones who care about their children most which largely results in the willing to do almost everything for the children. Some may say that it is parents' responsibility to protect their children from all kinds of difficult situations, especially in the field of work. I would argue instead that parents should never directly participate in the process of children's accomplishment of the work, but encourage them to finish the work all by themselves instead. Reasons below can support my idea.

First, independence is an indispensable characteristic that should be shaped during each individual's development. Assistance from parents, no matter how nice their intentions are, would gradually influence children's own minds which finally lead to the loss of children's independence to a considerable extent. Children who grow up with parents' help may perform well in the work field when their parents are readily to offer various help, however, once their parents were gone, or they have to face all by themselves, the lack of independence might bring about failure in work and subsequent lose of self-confidence or even self-denial. That is to say, parents should educate their children to finish their work personally.

Another, many parents worry about their children making mistakes at work which seems reasonable for them to provide help. In fact, it significantly affects children's growth because this kind of behavior would largely reduce the opportunity for the children to experience failure. Without the possibilities of doing things wrong, one can hardly have the chance to learn from mistakes and accumulate experience on one's own. As success never comes without failure, parents should let their children go when children are facing hard work.

In other cases, parents help children on the work because of running out of time. Under this circumstance, it is not advisable for parents to give a hand. The ability to manage time well is of great necessity for everyone which also makes one more competitive in the job market. Meanwhile, time emergency is a prerequisite for children to meet the deadline on time as well as avoid the habit of delay.

In all, for whatever reason, parents had better not intervene in children's work, the most sensible choice is to encourage them to be independent resulting from which children will gain greater success.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-11-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-11 21:54:26 |只看该作者
改好了~~可能改得有点多了。。。楼主看看改得合不合适吧~~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-11 22:29:21 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 idealibt 于 2012-2-12 01:30 编辑

2012年2月11日
感谢sillyds的修改意见!!!

【Y or N】 The main role of the university professor is to educate students rather than to do research.

People seldom agree with each other(可替换为share the same opinions) even in such trivial issues as university professor's main role between educating students and doing research. Many people argue that professors should spend more time on research for the responsibility of promoting academic progress. I would argue instead that university professors should focus on educating students which has no reason to conflict with their role playing of researchers. Reasons are lsited as follows:

To begin with, one of the most important reasons that students choose to attend universities rather than directly entering job market after graduation is to obtain specialized knowledge, and universities play the role of imparting knowledge, in the main, through university professors. As professors master most of cutting edge professional knowledge in certain fields, their primary responsibility is to introduce the field to attract more talented individuals to get involved into it. As a result, the concentration on teaching can impossibly does harm to the research but contribute to it extraordinarily.

On one hand, since university students, being good at critical thinking, are brilliant ones with creative minds, they offer valuable ideas during the discussion with professors. Under this circumstance, not only can professors gain inspiration from the discussion, but also learn from smart students who can provide worthy advices to promote progress of the research.On the other hand, professors can acquire new knowledge from the process of teaching while review what they have already known. For example, in some cases, when professors instruct students, they may find out slight flaws of the theory which means a lot for researchers. The saying will never be outdated that teaching is the best way of learning which suits everyone including professors.

In all, as education is the process of reviewing with brilliant minds, university professors should contribute to it at full stretch.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-11-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-11 22:53:52 |只看该作者
不好意思。。。。发错了。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-1-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-12 00:04:26 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 sillyds 于 2012-2-12 00:12 编辑

People seldom agree with each other(share the same opinions) even in such trivial issues as university professor's main role between educating students and doing research. People consider professors as individuals who should spend more time on research because of their responsibility for academic progress.(Many people argue that professors should spend more time on research for the responsibility of promoting academic progress.) I would argue instead that university professors should focus on educating students which has no reason to conflict with their role playing of researchers. Reasons are as follows.(Reasons are listed as follow.)

To begin with, one of the most important reasons that students chose(choose) to attend universities rather than directly entering job market after graduation is to obtain specialized knowledge, and universities play the role of imparting knowledge, in the main, through university professors. As professors master most of cutting edge professional knowledge in certain fields, their primary responsibility is to introduce the field to more intelligent people which lead to an increasing number of talented individuals devoting themselves to the research (to attract more talented individuals to get involved into get involved into certain fields of research原句太啰嗦,觉得这样会好一些). As a result, the concentration on teaching can impossibly does harm to the research but contribute to it extraordinarily.

On one hand, since university students, being good at critical thinking, are brilliant ones with creative minds, they offer valuable ideas during the discussion with professors. Under this circumstance, professors can not only gain inspiration from the discussion(not only can professors gain inspiration from the discussion,) but also learn from smart students which are beneficial for professional researches(who can provide worthy advicesto promote progress of the research直接指出有什么benefit). Also, students would never hesitate to provide worthy advices when the research is stagnant.(删除)  On the other hand, professors can acquire new knowledge from the process of teaching while review what they have already known. For example, in some cases, when professors instruct students, they may find out slight flaws of the theory which means a lot for researchers. The saying will never be outdated that teaching is the best way of learning which suit(suits) everyone including professors.

In all, as education is the process of reviewing with brilliant minds, university professors should contribute to it at full stretch.

文章总体一般,语句有些啰嗦和有语法错误,纯属个人意见
原来你也是在职,互相理解啊

2.11  独立   https://bbs.gter.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1332678&;;page=1&extra=#pid1775700269

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-2-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-12 14:27:07 |只看该作者
People seldom agree with each other(可替换为share the same opinions even in such trivial issues(这两词不能搭配吧,翻了下trivial是not important的意思,而issues是含有important的意思的。 ) as university professor's main role between educating students and doing research. Many people argue that professors should spend more time on research for the responsibility of promoting academic progress. I would argue instead that university professors should focus on educating students which has no reason to conflict(没有看懂这个词在这里表达什么。) with their role playing of researchers. Reasons are lsitedlisted? as follows:
To begin with, one of the most important reasons that students choose to attend universities rather than directly entering job market after graduation is to obtain specialized knowledge, and universities play the role of imparting knowledge, in the main, through university professors. As professors master most of cutting edge professional knowledge in certain fields, their primary responsibility is to introduce the field to attract more talented individuals to get involved
into it(
感觉有点多余了). As a result, the concentration on teaching can impossibly doesdo? harm to the research but contribute to it extraordinarily., O

On one hand, since university students, being good at critical thinking, are brilliant ones with creative minds, they offer valuable ideas during the discussion with professors. Under this circumstance, not only can professors gain inspiration from the discussion, but also learn from smart students who can provide worthy advices to promote progress of the research. On the other hand, professors can acquire new knowledge from the process of teaching while review what they have already known. For example, in some cases, when professors instruct students, they may find out slight flaws of the theory which means a lot for researchers. The saying will never be outdated that teaching is the best way of learning which suits everyone including professors.1 a+ Y# _' a9 z- d

其他没看出什么问题。。就是有些表达啰嗦了一点。
hope for a 100+

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-12-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-13 05:17:59 |只看该作者
63# idealibt
People seldom agree with each other even in such trivial issues as university professor's main role between educating students and doing research. Many people argue that professors should spend more time on research for the responsibility of promoting academic progress. I would argue instead that university professors should focus on educating students which has no reason to conflict with their role playing of researchers. Reasons are lsited as follows:(句号就好)

To begin with, one of the most important reasons that students choose to attend universities rather than directly entering job market after graduation is to obtain specialized knowledge, and universities play the role of imparting knowledge, in the main, through university professors. As professors master most of cutting edge professional knowledge in certain fields, their primary responsibility is to introduce the field to attract more talented individuals to get involved into it. As a result, the concentration on teaching can impossibly does harm to the research but contribute to it extraordinarily.

我觉得在on one hand+on the other hand前面要有个段首论句。 On one hand, since university students, being good at critical thinking, are brilliant ones with creative minds, they offer valuable ideas during the discussion with professors. Under this circumstance, not only can professors gain inspiration from the discussion, but also learn from smart students who can provide worthy advices to promote progress of the research.On the other hand, professors can acquire new knowledge from the process of teaching while review what they have already known. For example, in some cases, when professors instruct students, they may find out slight flaws of the theory which means a lot for researchers. The saying will never be outdated that teaching is the best way of learning which suits everyone including professors.

LZ语言表达能力赞个 论证看着很清晰很舒服 找不到可以改的地方洒泪。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-13 12:13:43 |只看该作者
2012年2月13日

【A or B】
110815NA One of your classmates needs help with some schoolwork. Which solution would you recommend your classmate should do:
to ask you for help or to find a professional tutor for help. Include reasons and details to in your response.

After graduating from college 5 years, I decided to further my education at the beginning of this year. As I have to work on weekdays, I spend most of my spare time engaging in the schoolwork. Thanks to the training program I attended, it offers excellent opportunity to meet with talented schoolmates, and we can often discuss problems together in the class. However, when it comes to me that my classmates ask for help about schoolwork, I would rather advise them turn to a professional tutor for help instead of helping them myself. Reasons are listed as bellow:

First, a professional tutor is more professional, he or she has been trained for tutoring, that is to say, he or she should be fairly skillful at how to teach. When my classmates come to me for help, I probably know the answer but, to a large extent, my solution may not be the perfect one. As the professional tutor can not only provide the answer, more importantly, a tutor is also able to instruct students how to think and how to solve problems which can be widely used. In addition, in the process of communication, a tutor tends to point out the potential problems about students' thinking style and even inaccurate knowledge they think they've completely mastered.

Moreover, as I can only take classes at the weekends resulting in the miss of most valuable classes, I am not in certain that I can offers absolutely right answers when my classmates feel puzzled. In order to avoid misleading others, I am more likely to persuade them to contact a professional tutor during weekdays and share the solutions with me after they know. It would be disastrous if I give the wrong answers according to my subjective ideas.

Admittedly, I have not enough time to deal with similar problems, like help to explain schoolwork. Since communication with classmates after class consumes both time and energy, especially for issues I am not sure about, I am convinced that consulting a tutor is more effective instead of wasting time at checking the accuracy from the Internet together.  

From the perspective of my case, I support the idea to request help from tutor rather than offering assistance by my own, yet I still believe there might be better ways to solve the problem in other cases, such as getting help from classmates.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-4-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-14 11:49:40 |只看该作者
68# idealibt

感觉这道题目楼主写得特别顺,也许是因为和生活结合得很好,很有说服力,语句都很流畅。
尼采说:人所遭遇皆为所愿。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-2-9
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-14 12:16:37 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 xover 于 2012-2-14 12:26 编辑

囧。等级不够不能上传附件

After graduating from college for 5 years, I decided to further my education at the beginning of this year.[url=] As I have to work on weekdays, I spend most of my spare time engaging in the schoolwork. Thanks to the training program I attended[/url] ,( 这两句感觉连贯性不强,可以先说参加training.再说work.不然会给人错觉以为你是在学校工作。) it offers excellent opportunity to meet with talented schoolmates, and we can often discuss problems together in the class. However, when it comes to me that my classmates ask for help about schoolwork, I would rather advise them turn to a professional tutor for help instead of helping them myself. Reasons are listed as bellow
First, a professional tutor is more professional, he or she has been trained for tutoring, that is to say, he or she should be fairly skillful at how to teach. When my classmates come to me for help, I probably know the answer but, to a large extent, my solution may not be the perfect one. As the professional tutor can not only provide the answer, more importantly, a tutor is also able to instruct students how to think and how to solve problems which can be widely used. In addition, in the process of communication, a tutor tends to point out the potential problems about students' thinking style and even inaccurate knowledge they think they've completely mastered.

Moreover, as I can only take classes at the weekends resulting in the miss of most valuable classes, I am not in certain that I can
offers (offer) absolutely right answers when my classmates feel puzzled. In order to avoid misleading others, I am more likely to persuade them to contact a professional tutor during weekdays and share the solutions with me after they know. It would be disastrous if I give the wrong answers according to my subjective ideas.
T: [& E+ p
Admittedly, I have not enough time to deal with similar problems, like help to explain schoolwork. Since communication with classmates after class consumes both time and energy, especially for issues I am not sure about, I am convinced that consulting a tutor is more effective instead of wasting time at checking the accuracy from the Internet together.
From the perspective of my case, I support the idea to request help from tutor rather than offering ([url=]to offer[/url][X2] 前后一致吧。)assistance by my own, [url=]yet I still believe there might be better ways to solve the problem in other cases, such as getting help from classmates.[/url][ ( 这句感觉可以不用了。之前一句已经很好的支持了你的观点。反而这句又有些动摇你的观点。)

语言上没什么错误。思维上还是有些中式,可以试着写的直点。不要太绕。
hope for a 100+

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-14 12:33:51 |只看该作者
唉,人算不如人算哇~~
no pain, no gain.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-15 23:22:01 |只看该作者
2012年2月14日

【Y or N】2月14日 110304NA Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important problems affecting our society today could be solved within our lifetime.

Among all the sever problems influencing our society are three most obvious ones: environment contamination, energy shortage and mass extinction. In my view, all of them can hardly be solved within our lifetime. Reasons are listed as bellow:

Recently, a great deal of people can afford private cars which lead to an enormous increase in the release of waste gas. Consequently, the greenhouse gas dramatically improves the average global temperature resulting in the melt of glaciers. It turns out to be human activity, in the main, that brought about such disastrous results to the environment, many ways have been suggested to solve the pollution, such as controlling the car number, planting more trees, enacting environment protection laws and so forth. However, as the formation of the glaciers is a pretty complicated process which cost at least hundreds of years, it is definitely that people cannot correct the damage to the environment in few decades, not to mention that our environment is being polluted faster than can be repaired by man or nature.

In addition, another serious problem that jeopardizes the survival of mankind is the shortage of energy, especially petroleum and water. Petroleum, the indispensable fuel nowadays, is being wide used in manufacturing oil products; almost all the countries are making great effort on oil exploitation and the development of alternative energy. Nevertheless, the production of oil took place under the earth's surface millions of years ago which is also impossible to be accelerated or controlled by human being. Meanwhile, it has been estimated that one-forth of the land surface is threatened by the process of desertification resulted primarily from water shortage. Although plenty of actions have been taken to save water and protect against water pollution, the water is unrenewable indeed which means people cannot regain the precious resource again.

Moreover, many species become extinct recent years. Evidence points to hunting by humans and habitat destruction as the likely causes for the current mass extinction. It is undoubtedly that species being extinct can never be recreated again.  

Shortly, all the problems mentioned above, to a large extent, affect our society greatly. Although the damage can hardly be repaired within our life time, it is never too late to take actions to protect the environment.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-1-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-16 17:50:41 |只看该作者
求批改呐

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-17 13:16:24 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 idealibt 于 2012-2-19 22:43 编辑

2012年2月17日

【Y or N】People today can solve many important problems so they do not need help from the government.

Those who claim that people no longer need the help from government say that they can take good care of themselves and solve all the problems on their own. I would argue instead that people can hardly lead a life without government's help as harmonious as it is now because the public service provided by the government can never be replaced through individual endeavor, especially in the fields of education, medical care and transportation.

People attend college to further their education for personal improvement, including academic achievement. With the support of government, especially financial support, colleges can pursue more cutting edge technology researches and recruit numerous famous professors without worrying about operation cost. However, if there is no additional help offered by government, some certain research project probably have to be suspended due to the lack of finances. That is to say, as the government, to a large extent, ensures educational institutions from financial crisis, it undoubtedly plays an irreplaceable role in education career.

As far as medical care is concerned, most civilians are enjoying welfare from the government. Under the protection of health policies issued by government, the sick can be cured at lower cost, including hospitalization expenses and medicine charge. What's more, thanks to the government, people can get vaccinated periodically for free resulting in less disease and higher health level. In all, government allows people to spend less time worrying about their fitness and less money at treating illness.

Moreover, almost everyone consumes public utilities every day, such as transportation. The government invests on building of roads, railways, airports and subways. It is unimaginable what the world would be without all these convenient infrastructures. For example, once there is a problem about the subway, government would send professional repairmen to rush to repair at the very first time, how could individuals or independent groups handle this kind of emergency, especially those important for daily lives?

In short, the government strives to create better environment for the people, only with its help people can lead to lives of higher quality.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2012-2-19 20:56:23 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 idealibt 于 2012-2-19 22:46 编辑

2012年2月18日

【Y or N】We should never be impolite to another person

Behaving in a polite way is extraordinary important for everyone in our lives. People say "Good morning" to each other at the beginning of each workday, they say "Sorry" for apologies. However, is it necessary to keep being polite all the time? Some people support the idea of insistence on keeping polite forever; I would argue instead that whether people should be polite depends on circumstances.

Obviously, it is important for people to be polite in daily lives. Being polite can make people more impressive when they meet others which helps broaden social net, that is to say, the more politely one behaves, the more friends he or she wins. What's more, the one who always behave in a polite way may win not only friends but also more opportunities. Compared with people who behave impolitely sometimes, those who always show polite to others win orders from clients and gain trust from bosses easier resulting in the precious chance to get promoted. As a result, he or she makes career achievements more easily due to the nice personality of being polite constantly.

On the other hand, it is acceptable for individuals to be impolite in some certain cases, especially those emergency ones. For example, when it comes to an accident, people who involved need to call 911 at the very first time to report the specific situation. As he or she may be scared seriously, there is no need to care whether people can behave politely. Under this circumstance, meanwhile, people should strive for every second for saving lives rather than wasting time to think about how to behave properly. Another instance of this kind of scenario, a robbery; people being threatened by a robber or robbers should behave bravely in order to protect themselves and their families without worrying about being impolite or not.

To sum up, being polite is a good habit leading to more friends and opportunities, in most cases, people should behave in the polite way, but whether people should never be impolite depends on different situations.

使用道具 举报

RE: 【Daily Writing作文特训小组】idealguai作业帖 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
【Daily Writing作文特训小组】idealguai作业帖