声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-3 00:10:57 |显示全部楼层
综合

The lecturer raises serious counter argument against the reading paragraphs by providing drastically divergent perspectives regarding whether american wood companies would catch the international standards of conserving resources recycling materials to acquire the ecological certifications.

Firstly,while the author claims that there has been so much advertising in americans’ life that people might pay little attention to those ecocertification, for they generally cast doubts on advertisements, the lecturer points out the fact that consumers do not treat all advertisements the same, in the sense that they are able to distinguish certifications for independent agencies with international authorities from normal advertisments.Therefore,it is unlikely for the certification to be ignored.

In the next stage,contrary to the author’s statement that wood companies have to pay extra fund to examining agencies in order to acquire ecological certification,which lead to a higher prime cost of their product----since many people prefer to buy cheaper goods, those company will be in a lower han,the speaker argues that this case will never happen. Because, according to research, it is only under special circumstances when a products’ price is much higher or lower than another products’, would consumers alone depend on the price exclusively.Undoubtedly,the price distance about only 5% cause by certifications will never reach that hight.

Lastly,another argument raise in the lecture directly contradict to what is state in the reading passage that most american wood companies focus their targets within the U.S, and subsequently,it is rather not essential to match the international standards.The professor explans that the issue is not about orientation,but competition---if domestic companies fail to catch up with their opponents, many foreign wood producers would soon swarm into american land.

速度啊速度啊,又超了五分钟
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-3 00:58:56 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-3 01:01 编辑

12.03 TPO8
The lecturer raises serious counter argument against the reading paragraphs by providing drastically divergent evidence concerning whether Chebanller de Llstenning’s memoir is accurate.

To begin with,while the author claims that evidence showed Chebanller had borrowed large amount of money from a Swiss merchant,which indicate he could hardly be a rich man-----for if he was,consequentlly, he would not need to borrow the money, the lecturer points out the fact that even a very porsperous person will have to wait several days to convert his possessions into cashes in order to hold parties and participate in gamblings. In the process,he might need to borrow money.Therefore,it is unlikely that this evidence or accuse is a reasonable

Secondly,contrary to the critics’ doubts that there is no way for Chevalier to remember the conversations happened years ago as they were written on his memoir, the speaker argues that according to Chevalier’s word,he had written down most of his conversations with Voltaire on notes .Undoubtedly, during his writing of memoir, he refered to his note several times.

Lastly,another argument raised in the lecture directly contradict to what is sate in the reading material regarding the Venetian prison that instead of escape he was “bought” out by his friends , in the sense that he has a wide and infuluential connection web.The professor explans that many people in the person who have even more powerful acquaintance did never escape.And refering to the Venetian official log, soon after his escape the celling had to be repaired and this could be another evidence suggesting what he told is accurate.
这篇按时写完的
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-4 07:30:13 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-4 19:12 编辑

10.12.03 独立(综合在前面)
In contemporary era, it is universallyaccepted that parents treat their children more and more “considerate”.Yet,inthe mean time,whether children should study or play only and don’t have to dohousehold chores has sparked much debate.Some individuals assert that by doinghousing activities children could learn and benefit more, while others believeotherwise.Speaking for myself, I am side with the former perspective.

At the first glance,it seems that choresand daily housework can never be associated with children for it ,indeed,takesa lot of time from children which might be spent on other things like studying,playing,reading or something else.However, it also demonstrates that in thisway,children may gradually become bookworms without concerns or actualexperience of life.Taken me as an example,when I was at the age of thirteen,Iwas sent to a board school for my high school study.Since I never have anyexperience about household, I went although a really hard time to make do on myown.And suddenly I realized how hard it would be for my mother to handle thedouble job before.Moreover, children would fail to understand how hard theirparents are and think as if everything is what it should be.In the sense theydo not understand and realize the difficulties of even daily housing works, itis possible that children become reckless or even worse.

Housework and chores,on the other hand,willcast a subtle influence on children which with sense of responsibility ,gratitude for their parents dedication and practical skills of life, none ofwhich could be read on book or taught at school.Besides,by doingchores,children can alleviate their parents’ pressure. Regarding children, asmembers of family it is rather reasonable to share the daily tasks with their parents.

Of course,hours will be spent if they choseto do so, it might a little waste of time from our perspective, yet, we shouldalways remember that children are doing this for a good reason.And from all wehave and have not yet discussed,it is not so hard for us the draw theconclusion that hosehold and chores played a important role in childrens development.
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-4 13:47:23 |显示全部楼层
综合 tpo 9

The lecturer raised serious counter argument towards the reading paragraph by providing drastically divergent evidences,regarding whether hydrogen-based fuel-cell engines will become the most ideal substitution of current internal-combustion engines.
      Firstly,while the author claims that compared with internal-combustion engines, the fuel-cell engines have much wider ranges of resources in the sense that hydrogen can be acquired in many renewable ways, the lecturer points out the fact that even with today’s technology, it is rather difficult for people to purify the hydrogen to a level which is suitable for automobiles, and the cooling tech-requirements are too sophisticated to be mass applied.So,it is unlikely that the fuel problem will be ever solved.
      In the next stage,contrary to the author’s statement that Hydrogen fuel-cell engines emit less pollution than internal-combustion engines, the speaker argues that this case will not happen,at least not now. Because during the production of purified hydrogen, the factory will have to use more carbon and oil, which leads to---heavier pollution.
      At last,the another argument raised in the lecture directly contradict to what is state in the reading material that the efficiency of fuel-cell engines is nearly double than that of nowadays engines, which may save people a lot of money.The lecturer explains that if people take the expanse of the engine itself into account then, it will not be so optimistic since the engines consist of component made of a rare metal known as Pt.

Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-5 10:28:04 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-5 15:56 编辑

People always seek success no matter when or where they are.Recently,a saying raised by some people claims that it would be much easier for them to reach success if they were in the old world.It is not a simple complain in their perspective,since they believe that with less population,there would be less competitions in the old world.Yet,speaking for myself,I disagree with this statement.

Regarding the past,there,indeed,were less competitions than today,however they failed to count on the unstable global situation including the two World Wars and twentieth century’s financial crysis which severley struck economy in most of world and led to serious consequences.Moreover,the rather basic technology and exchange of information in the past could be another obstacle for their success.

Contemporary era,on the other hand, is obvious at a more peaceful state in general,in spite of few regional conflicts in middle-east.Therefore,people today,will able to pay more attention to their own career without distraction of the “outside environment”

The rapidly updating technology also plays a vital role in one’s success nowaday in the sense that it provides us plenty of information and even opportunities.For example,with the emerging and popularization of internet,online shopping has become quite common amount people.One could easily open a shop on the internet and then set his first step towards success.Also,had Evan Williams(the creator of "twitter") not taken advantages of modern technology,such as internet ,he would not have been one of the most distinguished person in the world.

Of course,the old world has its advantages,such as sufficient space of potential value,the less competitions.But if all the factors compled,the advantages of nowadays circumstance carry more weight than those of the past.Accordingly ,from what has and has not been  discussed above,we may finally draw the conclusion that today’s world can be a better environment for us to achieve success.
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-6 23:41:13 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-7 00:13 编辑

独立
     In contemporary era,it is extensively acknowledged that the issue of acquiring job is playing vitally critical role in in-coming future of young people. Yet,meanwhile, whether they should  take several distinct kinds of job before they take a career in a long term or not should be given preferential options has sparked much debate amount students as well as the youngs. Speaking for myself, I am side with the positive view.

Concerning choosing a long term career, we might be able to settle ourselves down sooner, but a it also demonstrate that we would have to give up the possibilities of finding a better job. In this world of opportunities, chance is everywhere waiting for people to discover,to excavate. Will it be wise to abandon all those potential treasures while we still have our capital to take our chance? Moreover it is only when we settle down too soon will we lose the excitement to experience other ways to live.

Thinking twice before we set our mind, on the other hand,will allow us to ask ourselves:whether this job fits me well,whether I am interested in the work,whether it will waste my expertise...So many factors should we consider before we decide,so much unknown awaits for us to experience. For instance,my elder brother Hong who graduated from university three years ago, received a job offer as a programmer nearly immediate after his graduation. No doubt he accepted it.However, he ,not quite satisfied with that occupation, quited the company and jumped to another.After five times like this,he finally decided to take a long-term career—in Xichang Satellites Control center.

Admittedly, vary job from to time would definitely involve a certain amount of risks. Yet only under special circumstances when we take those acceptable risks would we able to seize the oppotunities and have a larger circle of friends and acquaintances.

Of course, both side have advantages, but if all the factors compiled,the advantages of taking several jobs before taking a career in a long term carries more weight than those the other side. Aaccordingly, from what we have discussed above,we may finally draw the conclusion that it could be better for young people to experience more ways of life before the make their decision.
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-7 07:11:41 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-7 07:25 编辑

综合

The professor raise serious counter argument against the reading paragraphs by providing drastically divergent explanations towards the same phenomenons which may refer to the decline of sea otter.
      To begin with, while the author claims that the decreasing number of sea otter is probably caused by water pollution since the water sample in certain area has exhibited up-lifted levels of chemical wastes’ ability to affect sea otters' resistance to lethal infection, the lecturer points out the fact that actually no dead body has ever been found along the coas, which is in favor the predation theory for if they are taken as preys, there obviously won’t be any bodies.
      In the next stage, contrary to the reading writers’ idea that other sea mammals near Alaskan coast are also decline can be attribute to the environment pollution for the only alternative explanation regarding predation of orca is less possible because they prefer to have larger preys such as whales, the professor argues that this case is most unlikely, since most of the whales along Alaskan has been hunt down by human, the orca could simple change their diet.
      Lastly, another argument raised in the lecture directly contradict to what is state in the reading material that the uneven patter of otter decline may created by environmental factor such as currents.The lecturer explains that the uneven pattern may more likely depend on the areas that are accessible for orca.
     Therefore the reading passage are refuted down to the last point by the professor and her her fully distinctive ideas on the topics in the reading passage.

Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-7 15:46:26 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-7 23:35 编辑

独立,最近作文写的感觉不太好,就那以前的笔记总结了一下,这次写来看看
(不过写作速度确实比原来快了很多 38min 380词 6s/word其实也不是很快)

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A job with more vacation time but a low salary is better than a job with a high salary but less vacation time.

In contemporary era ,it has been extensively acknowledged that ,together job demands, the issue of salaries, has no doubt plays a important role in nowadays society .Yet, meanwhile, whether a job with a high salary but less vacation time or a job with more vacation time but a low salary should be given preferential options has sparked much controversy. Some individuals hold the opinion that jobs with high salaries have fundimentally benificial impacts while some others, believe otherwise. Speaking for myself, I side with the later view.

Regarding the jobs with little vacation time, indeed ,it provides us more money, which is unquestionablly essential for our life. But it also demonstrates that we would have less leisure time. Would cashes be of any use when we simplly do not have time walking around in shopping malls ? Moreover, had we chosen this kind of jobs, to some degree, we would not have been able to spend much time with our families and friends, which would be very very bad, at least for me.(现在觉得那个very very bad 有点显眼,可以无视,换成detrimental把)

Jobs with more vacation time, on the other hand, not only enable us to lead a relatively gentle pace of life but also help us stay a rather healthier condition, both physical and mental, and allow us to enjoy our life with others, since there is less pressure upon us. My older brother Hong, for example, after graduating from university, he received a job opportunity working in an famous company as white collar worker, of courese he accepted it. However, before long he found the job tiring and jumped to another job as a computer programmer. Though the new job does not pay as much as the old one, but my brother has made do very well, in the sense that the new job offers a lot vacation for him. This sort of example in which happiness as well as satisfication do exsist in lower-paying jobs is not rare.

Of coures, the jobs with high salary do have some advantages, still, if all the factors we have and have not mentioned above compiled , lower-paying jobs with more vacations are too tempting not to be chosen for me.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-7 17:01:41 |显示全部楼层
intergrate

The professor raises serious counter argument against the reading paragraphs by providing drastically divergent perspectives upon some of today’s phenomenons regarding whether the decreasing of literature indicates the decline the general culture.

Firstly, while the author claims that literature exclusively provides people intellectual stimulation, encourages our imaginations, expands knowledge about languages , the lecturer argues that there are always form of books such as science magazines, istory book and political critics which also are creative and offers intellectual stimulates as the literature does.

In the next stage, contrary to the author’s statement that in contemporary era, many people are being distracted by various books of poor quality, music video, internet as well as television, the speaker points out the fact that culture has evolved over time, and non-literal cultures like movies and music are even more concerning our life than literature.

Lastly,another argument raised in the lecture, and this directly contradict to what is state in the reading material that people and publishers now pay less attention on literatures in spite of how brilliant they are. The lecturer argues that modern literatures are mostly too hard to understand. Consequently, people show less enthusiasm to them.

Accordingly, the reading passage are refuted down to the last point by the speaker and the speaker has fully distinct ideas on the topics in the reading passage.
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-9 00:24:49 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-9 00:36 编辑

12.07 independent
In contemporary era, when the pace of our life becomes increasingly fast, will it still be necessary for us to behave as polite as the way before? Recently, a controversy has raised amount people, regarding the this question. While some individuals claims that it will be much efficient if we skip those so-called courtesy and pursuing our goal straight without any distractions, other people believe otherwise. Speaking for myself, I side with the later viewpoint.

Concerning working without bothering behave polite and acquaintance to others, it, indeed, saves us time and brings convenience in some degree. But how much time could be saved; how much convenience will it brings? Is it really worthy enough for us to take the risk of losing the help from other people, which could has been very helpful, and facing our journey alone in a world full of strangers? I assume everyone has already had their answer.

Courteous behaving, on the other hand, will not only enable us to impress others, but also help us to focus on the things that people have in common and tolerate the differences. In this way we can have more friends of a wide spectrum,which,in another word, are opportunities of greater chance. Moreover, politeness is always regarded as a vital part of our characteristics. it is only under special circumstances when we keep being polite to others, would we be able to keep from losing ourselves from what and who we are.

Admittedly, pursuing our goals directly has its advantages, however, if all the factors that we have and have not mentioned before complied , the advantages of courtesy weight more that those of the other one. Consequently, it won't be so hard for us to reach the conclusion that even in present day society, being polite is still  probably  a good thing for us.

这篇作文写了两遍,第一遍明显扯了....才写的第二遍
我还是觉得最后一段和结尾连在一起的那个小让步还是留着好点
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-9 01:13:48 |显示全部楼层
TPO11
intergrate

The professor raises serious counter argument against the reading passage by providing drastically divergent evidence regarding whether the teen-girl in the portrait is Jane Austen.

To begin with, while the author claims that the the portrait was regarded as Jane Austen herself by her family and was used in her letters in 1882, the lecturer points out the fact that when the portrait was put on Jane’s letters as an illustration of the eddition, she has been gone for about forty years, which means barely has her family members seen herself bin face. Therefore, it is possible that their famliy made a minor mistake.

Secondly,contrary to the author has statement that the portrait is highly resambling to the sketch made by her sister Cassandra, especially the features of her face,the lecturer gives an alternative explaination for this case, he suggested that since the Austen family is rather large, it is probable that the girl in the portrait is a relative of Jane Austen.

Subsequently, another argument raised in the lecture directly contradict to what is state in the reading material that the style of portrait is very much like that of Ozias Humphrey,who was popular at the same time when Jane was a young girl.The speaker explains that in spite of the style, everything that left suggest that the portrait was later than the period that it was previously thought, such as the stamp,which shows it was sold by a man who came to London when Jane was already 23 years old.
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-11 00:33:12 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-11 00:34 编辑

independent

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is often not a good idea to move to a new city or a new country because you will lose old friends.

As a son of oriental land,it is our tradition to value the our place of birth and leave only under special circumstances in which we possess no option. And this coincidentally has something associated with the topic in the direction. Yet, I cannot say I agree with this viewpoint, though it sides with my tradition.

Regarding moving to a new place, this ,indeed , make it sightly more difficult for us to get along with our old friends. Since we can no longer see each other frequently, friends may be alienated. This might be a good reason decades of years ago, however, with rapidly developing technology today, various ways of communication such as mobile phone, e-mail, are applied and make it possible for us to take and write to a friends in distant area with great convenience. Moreover, friendships could even grow deeper if we keep phoning each other or simply sending a piece of message though cellphone everyday.

On the other hand,moving to a new city or a new country , not only can help us to expand our horizon, but also enables us to meet new people, be acquainted with others, and even make new friends. With a wider connection net ,we could get help from others much easier. Beside, who can possibly resist a chance “to explore the unknown ahead, seek out new opportunities and fortunes, to boldly go where he has never gone before” (as it is said in StarTrek series).

Of course, moving to a new environment requires a lot of courage and determinations, in the sense that we will have to adapt a whole new way of life, overcome problems include languages, culture, even religious aspects. However, if all the factors we have and have not discussed above compiled, the advantages of a different city or a country carry more weight than those of the other opinion. Consequently, we can finally reach the conclusion that to move to a new city or a new country can be a very good idea in spite of the little risk of losing old friends.
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-12-11 22:46:12 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 cckkll1994 于 2010-12-11 22:50 编辑

12.11 independent

In contemporary era, it is extensively acknowledged that the issue of education, has been cast a increasingly essential role in a country’s development. Yet, in the meantime, whether young children’s education or Higher educations concerning universities should be given preferential option has sparked much debate. Some individuals assert that it is fundamentally beneficial to pay more attention on primary educations, while some other people hold on otherwise. Speaking for myself, I side the second viewpoint.

Regarding children’s educations, they, indeed, provide many people with basic knowledge and skills to manage our rapidly developing society. However, the quantity of people they serves also demonstrate that the knowledge we learned from them are too insufficient to match with the global competition of science and technologies.

Higher educations, on the other hand, not only enable us to learn in a wider spectrum of in-depth knowledge, but also help the whole country to achieve a higher standards of development. Unlike a simple additional calculation, the competitiveness of a nation depend on those small amount of elites of high “quality” instead of the quantity of skilled workers. Albert Einstein, for example, a single man changed the history of American, Japan, and even the entire humanity. Had Albert Einstein not born in German,instead, a country lack of chance entering universities, he would not have published Relativity, the milestone marks the revolution of modern physics. This sort of example in which hugh potential does exist in higher educations is not rare.

Of course, primary educations is needed in some degree, but we really should doubt the necessity of large amount of funds and resources invested on them.Nevertheless, if all factors that we have and have not disscussed compiled, the advantages of universities weight more than those of children’s educations. Consequently, it is afertall not so for us to reach the conclusion that a government should spend more money on universities rather than young children’s education.
Live long and prosper.

使用道具 举报

RE: 《12.20冲刺》IBT写作小组作文贴 by cckkll1994 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子