要求:
——留言格式:
2013.9.9-16(註明是哪周)
自己的研究方向
SOP/PS的前兩段(不足五行則前三段)
SOP/PS剩餘段落的大致內容
此SOP/PS的終稿日期

——站短&提示:
確定你是本週第一位之後,請站短我帖子鏈接,并在我回覆郵箱地址的24小時內將SOP/PS全文發到我郵箱。(11月之前可以不是SOP/PS全文【鑒於很多人還未完成】,但也請提供儘量多的信息方便修改)
請關注郵箱,如果問題過多,我可能會約QQ聊天等形式,口頭修改。

——第二次修改及回饋(在我發回修改稿的一週之內完成):
根據建議修改SOP/PS相關信息,并回帖發佈最新版本(見“留言格式”)。(但勿刪除之前留言的內容)
如果一個星期之內完成修改,可以再次發給我,我會簡單提些建議。

——隨時插樓,和其他GTer探討SOP內容、學校八卦、研究方向……

FAQ:
問:我想請你修改,但SOP涉及私人信息,不想公開可以嗎?
答:建樓的目的之一就是希望在人文版營造良好的討論氛圍,而且前一(兩)段+幾句段落概述能暴露的也有限。如果你願意給committee看,給小米看,給願意幫忙修改的人(比如我),又爲什麽不能給大家看呢?

問:你誰啊,爲什麽能幫我改SOP?
答:曾經申過兩次的悲劇申請者,但寫過兩次SOP還有些經驗。(具體情況請善用GT搜索)在文書寫作中需要請N個(靠譜不靠譜的)人幫忙修改,聽取多方建議。我在時間允許的情況下會很願意幫忙,你也可以考慮。

問:我想請人幫忙修改,但這週的樓已經被人搶了怎麼辦?
答:也可以按照建議格式在樓下留言,如果大家對你的內容感興趣,也會相互討論并提些建議的。如果你是宋史或社會史、思想史、醫學史方向,也可以給我發郵件,我如果還有時間,至少能給些大概建議。
——————————
有事出門,先挖坑,回來填土。
爲了紀念近來的研究方向:
人盡可夫
        ——春秋左氏傳
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-4-1
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2013-8-16 07:47:53 |只看该作者
前排支持!

这个活动蛮有意义的,尤其如果能有同专业的同学互相修改,就更加好了!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-12-2
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant 荣誉版主

板凳
发表于 2013-9-9 09:11:18 |只看该作者
zd

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-23
精华
帖子

US-applicant

地板
发表于 2013-9-9 10:41:46 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 blueskynoble 于 2013-9-9 21:38 编辑

2013年9 9-16
研究方向 中国思想史(特别是史学思想史) 或者 宋史(特别是宋代笔记)
申请 PHD
说明一点 我想申请东亚系 所以这里参杂了表达对文学热爱的东西
还有斑竹 前三段太少了 很多东西感觉不能包括在前三段 所以尽量多的贴出来了 同时也希望众多版友多给我提意见
对斑竹表示歉意 您如果嫌多 就按您的标准忽略后面的就好

My earliest interest towards literature and history came from an ordinary tape of Tang Poetry.  The content of tape was not elegant intoning but cheerful reading from Children. However, even though read by  children who know nothing about the inner emotion of the poem, the musicality of Chinese classical poem make the tape sound rhythmic and beautiful. From then on, I gradually increased my love to literature and the historical story behind it.

As a student of science(in China, especially in rural area where I born, students of science is usually considered to be much more clever and promising than their counterparts who study liberal arts, which was the reason that compelled me to choose to study science) in high school, I often hid a piece of paper under my textbook on which I written my immature but rhythmic poems.  Owning to this behavior, I was, frequently, laughed by my classmates. Actually, they often associated poet with madness. However, it did not, and could not, destroy my dream to be a literati.

Consequently,  I chose Publishing and editing, as a branch of journalism, as my major in my college, which is the only major that I, as a student of science,  can choose to pursue humanistic knowledge. My choice, as might be expected, was strongly opposed by my families. But in this time I did not make any concession. During my college life, through taking tremendous time and energy to read Chinese classical poems and articles, I gradually became a man of great learning. In fact, I started up our own class and grade newspaper and became the only chief editor of it.  

Meanwhile, together with other lovers of literature, I run a newspaper distributed all over our university which have more than 50,000 students. My articles, concerning literature, history or current events, frequently were considered to be the highlights of our newspapers. Moreover, I, with the help of some close friends of mine, found a student forum in which we invited college students and ordinary people to talk their own opinions about employment, literature or current events. I still remember how exciting I am, when our forum was held in college. And also I am very pity for the fact that it doesn’t last after my graduation.

Thanks to the hard work during my college life, I am , successfully, admitted by  the graduate school, Beijing Normal university and became a student of Department of History of this school, which, undoubtedly, is one of the most distinguished History Departments in China. During this period, I receive a prize named after a well-known historian, Bai Shouyi, for my historical paper. And I shared the first place with another classmates after all courses in graduate school. What you should know is that most, if not all, other students majored in history during their undergraduate life. At the same time, I also participated into many extracurricular activities and I was awarded as an outstanding member of the Student Union.

What’s more important, I found the academic fields which I would really like to devote my whole life to struggle for. One of them is to study the masterworks of Chen Yinque 陈寅恪, a great historian in modern China, especially his poem. My reasons are following. First, whenever I read his articles or poems, I can feel his deep love for Chinese culture. I tend to consider him to be the man who share the equivalent passion for Chinese culture with Wang Guowei 王国维, who actually laid down his life for it. Second,  I admire him for his“spirit of independence and freedom of thought““独立之精神,自由之思想” that, undeniably, is the most precious treasure he gave to Chinese scholars.  During 1966 to 1976 in China,he was one of the few, if not the only, scholars who never yielded to the political pressure and held their love and faith of Chinese civilization. Last but not least, his work is one of the most insightful and charming masterpieces in modern China. And due to the pressure of politic and his profound erudition, his true ideas and thoughts are frequently hidden behind the sophisticated or crafty lines of his works. When I read his books, it can give me the pleasure of inquiry.

The other academic field I want to study is the novels and notes, or Xiaoshuo Biji, written in Song Dynasty especially those notes or records about urban life, like Dongjing Meng Hua Lu(A Record of Dreaming of Hua in the Eastern Capital), Meng Liang Lu(A Record of the Dream of Bianliang), Ducheng Jisheng(A record of the prosperous Capital) . The civilization of Song was believed to be the peak of Chinese civilization by many scholars like Yan Fu, Wang Guowei, Chen Yinque, Deng Guangming and so on. It is also universally acknowledged that Song exerted a profound influence on the formation of character of contemporary Chinese people.  Meantime,  under the stimulus of vigorous development of economic,  a great number of humanities, like historiography, literature and philosophy, presented a picture of prosperity.  All of them enriched the spirit of people living in that time and make them enjoy more freedom and happiness than their forebears, even than most of their descendents. In light of all discussion above, through studying the history and literature of Song Dynasty, we can derive enormous benefits and instructions. Novels and notes written in Song, undoubtedly, have the dual nature of history and literature. Taking them as a cutting point, it is easy for me to have a thorough understanding about the Chinese civilization, no matter in the ancient time or in the modern age.

In short, I hold the opinion that knowledge I gained from journalism gave the constant attention towards current events and responsibility towards my country. My love of literature provide me with a kind and righteous heart. Finally, the courses I learned during my graduate life, help me develop the ability of scrutinizing the text and critical thinking. Moreover, it enable me to keep a peaceful and tolerant attitude towards different, even completely opposite, viewpoints and ideology.

As a result of my interests in history and literature, I would like to further and expand my studies and gain a much wider knowledge on Chinese civilization. The particular course provide by you esteemed school means that I will be given the chance to spread my studies across literature and history, even philosophy. My main reason for choosing this university is because of many distinguished scholars, like Hoyt Tilman, Stephen H. West, who work on it. What’s more crucial, the academic field I would like to pursue is very close related to that of them.  

I am convinced that the advanced training in your established graduate program will help develop me into a successful professional in my chosen field. I can imagine that, with the international perspective and professional expertise developed at your university, I will be best assisted in bringing my tremendous potential into full play in my future efforts to blaze new trails in the virtually unlimited future world.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-4-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2013-9-9 11:03:36 来自手机 |只看该作者
个人的一点建议,假如是申请phd的话,前面个人的anecdote没有任何必要。本科专业,与其解释为何这么选择,不如说你的专业为你未来的历史研究起了什么作用,比如the ability of scrutinizing the text,后来历史研究生的学习,也没必要提奖项之类,如果那篇文章很好,不如说说写了什么内容。东亚系的老师对史家都很熟悉,所以没必要做背景介绍。可以直入主题,将自己的研究计划(这部分恰恰是最重要、也应该是篇幅最长的。在谈研究计划时,可以讲讲自己的qualification对相关literature的了解以及最重要的即是计划的framework,然后再结合对方学校来写。
以上是个人的一点浅见。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-4-21
精华
帖子
发表于 2013-9-9 11:20:52 |只看该作者
akatsuki1989 发表于 2013-9-9 11:03
个人的一点建议,假如是申请phd的话,前面个人的anecdote没有任何必要。本科专业,与其解释为何这么选择,不 ...

在理

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-12-2
精华
帖子

发表于 2013-9-9 12:11:13 |只看该作者
blueskynoble 发表于 2013-9-9 10:41
2013年9 9-16
研究方向 中国思想史(特别是史学思想史) 或者 宋史(特别是宋代笔记)
申请 PHD

我的聯繫方式已經發到你的郵箱,發給我全文即可。可以根據akatsuki的建議先修改一部份。^ ^

PS:非常開心你願意發佈全文,我的本意是提供糾結SOP的GTer們一點想法上的引導和討論的契機。只要貼出前幾段+之後段落的概述,我就會修改全文的。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-23
精华
帖子

US-applicant

发表于 2013-9-9 14:08:40 |只看该作者
huimie 发表于 2013-9-9 12:11
我的聯繫方式已經發到你的郵箱,發給我全文即可。可以根據akatsuki的建議先修改一部份。^ ^

PS:非常開 ...

全文还没写完 我就把上面的发给您行吗 谢谢斑竹

我刚开始没看清楚斑竹的要求

又看了一遍 觉得好周全 斑竹非常细心

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-23
精华
帖子

US-applicant

发表于 2013-9-9 14:13:59 |只看该作者
akatsuki1989 发表于 2013-9-9 11:03
个人的一点建议,假如是申请phd的话,前面个人的anecdote没有任何必要。本科专业,与其解释为何这么选择,不 ...

额 前面的anecdote 用处是不大 但是看到所有的PS 都有包括 当然我是可以删去它的 谢谢建议

起作用什么作用的一段放下下面了 和硕士阶段的放在一起说了

奖项的论文就是我的第一一个研究方向 我还准备用它写WS 这里只是提一下而已 您没有发现这是我唯一提到的奖吗 事实是没得过其他奖....一个都不提岂不是暴漏实情了。。。

关于背景介绍 我只写了陈的 一个伟大的历史学家。。。我要删去吗

研究计划下面开始写 谢谢提醒

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-12-2
精华
帖子

发表于 2013-9-11 07:27:36 |只看该作者
本週修改結束。突然想到一個大家可能忽略的tip: