注册时间
2006-9-19
精华
帖子
楼主
发表于 2007-5-7 11:22:43 |显示全部楼层
以下评论纯属个人愚见,期待版主点评、斧正。俺是数学全奖,严重关注中......

vo:What will you do in USA?
S:go to the university ** to pursuit my doctoral degree in transportation. The university is strong in this area and its phd program matches my interest, academic background and my career goal well. (vo一直低头不理)(这里应该说明一下所学专业的实际用途,为后面的回国计划作铺垫)

vo:Whatwill you study?
S: I will concencrate on transportation science. I think this area will become hotter and hotter in china because of China’s increasingly terrible traffic conditions. (由于前面没有说出专业用途,在这里应该利用这个机会说明一下,而不是强调该专业在中国如何热门)
vo:What is your graduate major?
S: applied math. i specilize in operations research
vo:so you are changing your major. Why are you interested in this major?
S:I think this major would have a bright future in china. China will need more transportation professionals like me to address its traffic problem. And this major is an important application of what I have learned before. Moreover, my former advisor specilizes in this major. I begun to doing research on this area two years ago.(被打断。。。)(转专业的原因似乎应该着重强调是自己的研究兴趣所在,原专业与所转专业有何紧密的联系,而不是一味的强调该专业在中国如何热门,即便要说,也要放在次要位置上。应该让VO觉得自己出国是去做研究的而不是别的什么原因。个人觉得没有解释清楚转专业的原因是被拒签的主要原因)
vo:why this univ?
S:the university is strong in this area and it even has a center for it.
Its phd program matches my interest and academic background.(后面应该结合自己的背景继续说明该校、该专业与自己如何match) My future advisor is a renowned Chinese scholar. I think I can learn more knowledge and get more research experience from him. Moreover, his(被打断。。。)
the univeristy .vo:what are you doing now? what is your position?
S:I left campus only two months ago. And I am doing some research work on operations research and transportation with my former advisor. I am engaged in a national research project.
vo:so...you are unemployed now....do u have your transcripts?.. and resume. And your offer letter.
S:Yes, here are the transcripts from all the universities i have attended and my resume offer letter.
vo:边看边问what will you do after graduation?
S:I will come back to china and find a position as a researcher or professor in university. China is paying more attention to its traffic problems nowadays. And China’s transportation is becoming an important focus of investment.  China will need more professionals to manage its transportation infrastructures and systems. So there would be more opportunities for me in china.(被打断...)(太空泛,中国的大环境大背景对自己的影响并不是最重要的,这只是较为次要的原因,重点应说明毕业后如何运用自己所学的专业知识、技能以及自己的优势来为自己谋求一个好的职位。回国计划比较失败,也是拒签的原因之一)
vo:why do you think you will not have opportunities in US?
S:this specialty is relatively mature and there have been lots of top professionals like my future advisor in your country. That’s why I want to learn from you. However, it also means the space left for me in your country is very limit. (被打断..)(同样有些空泛。貌似很多人都这样说,这些话放在任何一个F1身上都适用,应该结合自己的实际情况)

vo:do you have relatives in us?
S:no
vo:what are your parents do?
S:mother retired. My father had been working in 某国 for eigth years and he return China last year.
vo:似乎是沉默了一会,do you have any bank statement?
S:yes, here you are(他事先开了10W存款证明)摆手没要。
vo:do you have any houses?
S;no, but my parents have two houses and they have set aside one for me. here are the 房产证.do you want to see it?
vo:no. i am sorry i cannot give you visa this time. you cannot convice me you will come back. Sorry.
S;傻眼。
麻烦班主分析一下,我好像看不出啥毛病。

使用道具 举报

RE: 转一个身边的全奖被据例子,请班主分析(15楼Done) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发