寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-18
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-3-3 19:41:45 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

Do you admire a person who can speak two languages or more languages well? I bet never will you say no. As for me, I am just good at my native language – Chinese. Though I learn English from the time when I entered the high school, I still can not manage this language very well. I always think it's the reason that I started to learn English so late. If I have a child, I will let him/her to begin learning English as earlier as possible. Therefore, I strongly support the idea children learn a foreign language when entering the primary school. Because the earlier the better and the earlier the less pressure in the future.

The most significant reason is that the earlier one learns a foreign language, the faster he manages the language. It has been proved that when learning a foreign language, children can learn more quickly than adults. If you sent a 5 to 6 year-old child to America or England for one month, he will turn back with a fluent English. But it will probably take three months or more to arrive the same level for a graduate student. Not to mention an adult. Most of my college classmates who have been abroad tell me the first three months are too hard to experience. One of my phisophy teachers – Mr. Li once told us a story. When he and his colleagues went to study English in Beijing in 2005, one of them brought his 4 year-old child. During the day, they had classes and the child was in a guard where there were almost all foreign children. Few weeks later, they discovered the one who learned English best was the child! He spoke English much better than anyone else. Therefore, the earlier, the better.

Furthermore, the pressure work will reduce greatly in the future if children begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Chinese students always have a lot of homework to do and the homework increases with the grade. So if a student has learned English well in his primary school, he will not stress so much after entering the middle school. I have mentioned before. When I was a middle school student, I started to learn English. English always makes me feel headache. Every sememter, I should attend 8 courses expect English. How can I focus on learning this foreign language? I won't be in dilemma if I learned English as soon as I started school. Then, the earlier the less pressure.

In conclusion, children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. For the earlier the better and the earlier the less pressure. In fact, most schools in China have opened English courses for the pupils in grade one.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-18
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-3-4 22:21:29 |只看该作者
3.4:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The ability of writing and reading is less important than before.

In the modern world, one cannot survive without the skill of writing or reading. Just imagine what you can do if you even do not know a word! Nothing. No matter what the other think, I never regard the ability of writing and reading as less important. In the opposite, it’s more and more significant in my mind because the enormous information and the frequent contraction.

The society is developing dramatically fast. More information needs better capable of wrting and reading. The most distinctive represent is the internet which brings us so much information everyday. The data is increasing every second. You will always find there is still something in the internet you have not read. For example, sometimes I will spend a whole morning or aftermoon or even a whole day surfing! The time is passing so rapidly. If you can’t write or read, how you can deal with these things? Just put it away? Then you will never achieve your goal. In fact, everyone must improve his ability of writing and reading by no means.

With the fast developing society, the communication among people enhances too. That’s another reason for skillful writing and reading. In the past, waiting for a reply of a letter was painful. It usually took several days or more. In the ages when books were scarce, most people couldn’t read or write and they just talked with each other. Nowadays, people can communicate through chatting by software in the computer, for example MSN, writing e-mails and sending messages by mobiles. The other side will reply you in a few seconds. These also stimulate people in this ages to learn to read and write acitively.

In conclusion, due to the developing society and increasing communication, the ability of writing and reading is essential in our daily life. In my opioion, it will never less important than before even in the future.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-18
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-3-5 22:56:11 |只看该作者
3.5:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to become a financially responsible adult, people should be taught how to manage money at an early age.

Are you a responsible person in finance? If you answer yes, were you taught how to manage money at an early age? I doubt most people were not, so was I. It’s no deny that a child who is trained to manage money may grow to be a financially responsible adult. However, on the opposite, it’s unnecessary to learn money management in purpose at an early age in order to turn to be an economically responsible person.

What kinds of people you will be in the future is decided by your experience. Not all financially responsible adults were taught how to manage money in their early age. For example, my father, who was born in a very poor family. Not to mention managing money, seldom did he see a coin in his childhood. But he is still responsible in finance when he grows up. This is not the only example- a lot of people are of this kind. Earning money by themselves is so laborous, they are carefully dealing with the money. Therefore, a suitable environment will stimulate the occurance of the financially responsible people with no money management training.

On the other side, the childhood is a period for playing and they do not really understand the interint or the signifance of managing money. In my mind, it’s a waste of time to teach children to manage money. What are taught are no more than saving money in the bank for future use. I bet never will you say to your child to save money to buy a house or some sort of these realistic things. However, these things are what a finnacially responsible adult will consider! In addtion, with time going by, children usually recognize the importance of owning a financial responsibility.

From what I have concerned above, I don’t think becoming responsible in finance, people should be taught how to manage money at an early age. Actually, children even do not know the signifance. In addition, a suitable environment will be a better method.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-2
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-3-6 03:02:59 |只看该作者
3.4    08by 小伙子

加油
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-6 17:26:12 |只看该作者

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-7 23:13:09 |只看该作者
3.7Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country.

Have you ever travelled to a foreign country? Which method do you choose to learn about the country, visiting museums, historian buildings, landmarks or living with a native family? As for me, the best way is visiting museums because museums represent the history, culture and development of a country and it’s really time-saving and money-saving.

Museums bring us enormous information about a country, such as history, culture, development and so on. I have ever been to the Chinese country museum which almost includes every facet of China. The museum is divided into several different exhibitions and what affects me most is the Chinese ceramics. Do you know why one kind of ceramics in the world is called “chinese”? Because it is the Chinese people that who invited and develop this kind of art. With the explanation, various Chinese are displayed in the museum according to their periods. From these marvelous arts, we can easily get the history and culture of China. Therefore, museums are the places where shows the overall aspect of a country. Seldom will other places provide such good information.

What’s more, it’s effective and cheap to learn a country by visiting museums. We can gain the most information about a country in the shortest time with the lowest price. Besides, museums in some countries are free to the public. How wonderful it is! For example, in China, many provinces’ museums are free to the first 300 visitors every day. I visited Shanxi province museum last year without any pay. It only took me a morning to see all the exhibitions. But I learned a lot about the province.

From what I have concerned above, if one wants to learn about a country, he’s better visit museums. Not only museums involve the history, culture and development of a country, but also it takes the least time and least money.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-10-30
精华
帖子

美版2016offer达人 IBT Zeal IBT Smart IBT Elegance 2016 US-applicant

发表于 2010-3-8 02:19:43 |只看该作者
1# zhangwen08

这位童鞋你没有说你求改哪一篇啊。。我就给你改第一篇了。。=.=

Do you admire a person who can speak two languages or more languages well? I bet never will you say no. As for me, I am just only good at my native language – Chinese. Though I started learning English from the time when I entered the high school, I still cannot manage this language very well. I always think it's the reason is that I started to learn English so late. If I have a child, I will let him/her to begin learning English as early as possible. Therefore, I strongly support the idea that children learn a foreign language when entering the primary schools. Because the earlier the better, and the earlier the less pressure in the future.

The most significant reason is that the earlier one learns a foreign language, the faster he manages the language. It has been proved that when learning a foreign language, children can learn more quickly than adults. If you send a 5 to 6 year-old child to America or England (This two countries are called 'the United States' and 'the United Kingdom' respectively. It's still okay to refer to the US as 'America', but it's now often considered 'politically incorrect' to refer to the UK as 'England'. Use 'Britain' instead.) for one month, he will return back with a fluent English (Personal comment: I'm not too sure about this..without proper teachers or instructions, children simply imitate what they hear, and there's no guarantee that they'll learn to produce proper languages that way.). But it will probably take three months or more to arrive at the same level for a graduate student. Not to mention an adult (By the time you become a 'graduate student', you're likely already an 'adult'. My point is that I don't see why you need to separate 'graduate student's from 'adult's.). Most of my college classmates who have been abroad tell me that the first three months are too hard to experience. One of my phisophy?? teachers – Mr. Li once told us a story. When he and his colleagues went to study English in Beijing in 2005, one of them brought his 4 year-old child. During the day, they had classes and the child was in a guard? (I think you were trying to say 'nursery'.) where there were almost all foreign children. A Few weeks later, they discovered the one who learned English the best was the child! (I wonder how they judged his English to be 'the best'. If you're talking about pronounciations, I'd totally agree that this is possible, but I bet this kid doesn't know what 'macroeconomics' or 'GDP' means.) He spoke English much better than anyone else. (There. You were only talking about spoken English, therefore your example only proved that the earlier you start mingling with native speakers, the better your spoken foreign language would be. That's hardly the same as 'the earlier, the better'.) Therefore, the earlier, the better.

Furthermore, the pressure work? (You seem to be referring to 'pressure' of something, but what?) will reduce greatly in the future if children begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Chinese students always have a lot of homework to do and the homework increases with the grade. So if a student has learned English well in his primary school, he will not stress so much after entering the middle school. I have mentioned before that. When I was a middle school student, I started to learn English. (I thought that was in 'high school'.) English always made me feel headache. Every sememter, I should was required to attend 8 courses expect English???. How can I focus on learning this foreign language? I won't be in sucy a dilemma if I learned English as soon as I started school. (Personal comment: I think that's only true provided you've learned it well earlier. If you're always bad at it, I don't think starting earlier would be of much help. You'll still need to spend much time struggling with it no matter how old you are.) Then, the earlier the less pressure.

In conclusion, children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. For the earlier the better and the earlier the less pressure ('Less pressure' in future, I assume?). In fact, most schools in China have opened English courses for the pupils in grade one. (And what are you trying to prove with this? This kind of details should never be in your conclusion. It belongs to the middle section of the essay where you give examples and explain your points.)

总结:

你的句感和句式变化非常好,但是单词/表达方式的使用很诡异,有些美式的口语化倾向。。说理方面我个人觉得按照托福的要求是可以的,但是按照我习惯的要求是不够严谨的,至于哪些不够严谨的细节都在文章中指出了。。整体来说就是首先要注意一下表达。至于论述的方面可以作为进阶的高级要求来练习。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-1-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-8 15:07:26 |只看该作者
3.7Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Visiting museums is the best way to learn about a country.
3 @, e& g) R' J* S& N6 O: y3 S6 _
- c5 y6 ]2 c& X! k) O$ {( d0 ?' ZHaveyou ever travelled to a foreign country?(if you have ever traveled to a foreign country,我觉得这样顺点) Which method do you choose tolearn about the country, visiting museums, historian buildings,landmarks or living with a native family? As for me, the best way isvisiting museums because museums represent the history, culture anddevelopment of a country and it’s really time-saving and money-saving.
! Q- M  Q+ o) T * C. X1 T! y; c" u
Museumsbring us enormous information about a country, such as history,culture, development and so on. I have ever been to the Chinese countrymuseum which almost includes every facet of China. The museum isdivided into several different exhibitions and what affects me most isthe Chinese ceramics. Do you know why one kind of ceramics in the worldis called “chinese”? Because it is the Chinese people that who invitedand develop this kind of art. With the explanation, various Chinese aredisplayed in the museum according to their periods. From thesemarvelous arts, we can easily get the history and culture of China.Therefore, museums are the places where shows the overall aspect of acountry. Seldom will other places provide such good information.
2 q0 f2 i) s! M( Y( \5 ~9 q3 Q- l7 I
4 @$ V: G( w1 E  J! \4 jWhat’smore, it’s effective and cheap to learn a country by visiting museums.We can gain the most information about a country in the shortest timewith the lowest price. Besides, museums in some countries are free tothe public. How wonderful it is! For example, in China, many provinces’museums are free to the first 300 visitors every day. I visited Shanxiprovince museum last year without any pay. It only took me a morning tosee all the exhibitions. But I learned a lot about the province." G6 u; W4 u; J4 b; D# y/ {" {6 t

1 l3 V# x; h# V) ^Fromwhat I have concerned above, if one wants to learn about a country,he’s better visit museums. Not only museums involve the history,culture and development of a country, but also it takes the least timeand least money.
非常工整的一篇文章啊,很赞,而且我觉得理由分析的还很到位,基本上没有什么毛病。呵呵,我刚看到这个题目的时候还头痛了半天不知道怎么写,LZ很强啊,可以写的还算翔实。但是,有一点其实还是要注意,虽然LZ的语言非常连贯而且用法基本上没有错,但是却给人有点平淡的感觉,要是能把句式更丰富一下会更好,当然这是锦上添花的建议。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-8 22:32:29 |只看该作者
O(∩_∩)O谢谢您的修改!我已经仔细读过了,请问一下我现在怎么做才能提高表达方式呢?
7# mpromanus

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-9 22:07:12 |只看该作者
3.9:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should not pay to the public transportation.

Have you heard any country in the world provide the public transportation for free? So far, I never heard that. Maybe my horizon of knowledge is not wide. However, why most people need to pay to the public transportation? In my opinion, there are a lot of reasonable reasons.

The most significant one is that governments need money to build and repair the utilities of the public transportation. For example, as we all know, before making the decision of building a new line of subway, the government will do a budget. They must pay for the residents who are now living in the line, the engineers and workers who will participate in the project, the company which makes the trains and so on. After operating, the subway needs numerous employees like cleaners, policemen and conductors and the money for maintenance.. How can the government afford such a great sum of money? It must be derived from the people who use these transportations. Otherwise the government will go into the bankrupt. Therefore, due to the great expense of managing and operating the transportation, people should pay for it.

Someone may hold the view that some countries are so rich that they can afford to all the expenses. But thought deeper, the idea is not equal for everybody. If the government would like to be changed in the money, it will absolutely increase the tax. Some people who never use the public transportation will be imposed too. For example, the rich, who have their only cars or even airplanes. In this sense, there is no deny that the public transportation should be charged. What’s more, the persons own the right to be offered with good service or manners because they have paid!

From what I have concerned above, I am against with the idea that people should not pay to the public transportation. Not to mention other aspects, only the great expense of building and operating the transportation and the right to be equal can lead to this conclusion.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-18
精华
帖子

IBT Zeal

发表于 2010-3-10 09:27:15 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-18
精华
帖子

IBT Zeal

发表于 2010-3-10 09:33:23 |只看该作者

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-10 13:53:07 |只看该作者

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-10-30
精华
帖子

美版2016offer达人 IBT Zeal IBT Smart IBT Elegance 2016 US-applicant

发表于 2010-3-12 01:19:58 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 mpromanus 于 2010-3-12 01:22 编辑

3# zhangwen08

这位童鞋不好意思你第二次来求改的时候我忘记你已经在同一周内求过一次了。。规则是每周每人限求1篇,所以以后请避免同一周内重复占楼,谢谢理解~鞠躬~

Are you a responsible person in finance? If you answer yes, were you taught how to manage money at an early age? I doubt most people were not, so was (So, were you taught how to manage money, or not? If yes, then you shouldn't have used 'so'; if not, then you should've used 'either wasn't I'.) I. It’s no denying that a child who is trained to manage money may grow to be a financially responsible adult. However, on the opposite, it’s unnecessary to learn money management in purpose at an early age in order to turn to be an economically responsible person. (So, what's YOUR opinion? You've listed both the 'for' and 'against' views, but I don't quite see very clearly where you're standing at.)

What kinds of people you will be in the future is decided by your experience. Not all financially responsible adults were taught how to manage money in their early age. For example, my father, who was born in a very poor family. Not to mention managing money, seldom did he see a coin in his childhood. But he is still responsible in finance when he grows up. This is not the only example- a lot of people are of this kind. Earning money by themselves is so laborous, they are carefully dealing with the money. Therefore, a suitable environment will stimulate the occurance of the financially responsible people with no money management training. (Very good point.)

On the other side, the childhood is a period for playing and they do not really understand the interint? or the signifance of managing money. In my mind, it’s a waste of time to teach children to manage money. What are taught are no more than saving money in the bank for future use. I bet never will you say to your child to save money to buy a house or some sort of these realistic things. (This is absolutely not true. Ivanka Trump, the daughter of the New York real estate tycoon Donald Trump, got her first diamond at the age of 7. I bet she's definitely heard plenty about buying houses or some sort of those realistic things at that age.) However, these things are what a finnacially responsible adult will consider! In addtion, with time going by, children usually recognize the importance of owning a financial responsibility. (Now this is somewhat vague. Are you saying that since children will learn about financial responsibility in time, we don't need to coach them? This is almost like saying since you'll know you need to marry and start a family in time, you don't need education on sex and family planning.)

From what I have concerned? above, I don’t think that in order to becoming responsible in finance, people should be taught how to manage money at an early age. Actually, children even do not know the signifance. In addition, a suitable environment will be a better method.

总结:

你的语言方面没有什么问题,第一个论点也很好,但第二个论点。。如果我不厚道地说一句,感觉是完全的穷人思维。。=.= 好吧这不能构成我觉得第二个论点不够好的理由。所以我的理由是:这个论点没有例子。从论述严谨度的高阶要求来说,也太容易被反驳了。。如果以小孩子不会懂理财的重要性作为不必教导他们理财的原因,那推而论之,小孩子一开始都是什么都不懂的,那是不是什么都不要教他反正他长大了就慢慢什么都知道了好了?。。所以这种近乎于想当然而没有实例支持的论点站不住脚的。

关于表达方式:我说的你倾向于美式口语的表达是指I bet never will you say to your child to save money to buy a house or some sort of these realistic things.这类非常随意的用法。在正式写作中我个人建议尽量避免。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-12 23:53:58 |只看该作者
3.12 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?  The purpose of television should all be educative, not entertain.

Nowadays, a lot of people complain that the television should be always used to educate, but not to entertain. It has been a heat debate! However, in my opinion, though educational programs are in great importance, entertainment is also needed in TV because all work but no play makes Jack a dull boy and watching TV together enhances the relationship of family members as well.

It is crucial for modern people to know how to relax. Television is always our favorable method to enjoy ourselves. As we all know, all work but no play makes Jack a dull boy. Balancing the study and relaxation well is a necessary factor for a successful person. According to a recent survey, a human being who manages well in time tends to be much earlier to succeed. For example, after working tediously for a whole day, my parents love lying on the bed and watching TV. So hard do they work that they usually choose some programs of entertainment expect education. For them, it’s the best time of a day. Therefore, entertainment can’t be removed from TV.

What’s more, the relationship of family members can gradually increase when watching TV, especially an entertainment program, such as comedy or films. Take my family for instance, all my family like comedy and we often watch it together after lunch or dinner, laughing together or discussing together. I believe the happiest scenery which every family dreams. We did it – only in a simple way. But if there is only educative program in the television, we may even gather together to watch TV as it’s not suitable for every age, which definitely influences the communication among my family. So in this way, entertainment is also involved into TV.

From what I have concerned above, I do not agree with that the purpose of television should all be educative, not entertain. Watching entertainment program in TV as a best form to relax and rise the relationship of family members should be kept in television with no doubt.

使用道具 举报

RE: Fighting的作文本本 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
Fighting的作文本本