[活动] 独立写作小组 ————BY HOLYIRINI [复制链接]

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-15 00:25:50 |只看该作者
Sports are considered as indispensible activities of children, which lots of them have fun in playing(有问题). However, nowadays an increasing number of competition and contests among teenagers are held in schools in various ways. Thus, a heated debate on the purpose of children's sports raises. From my perspective, I fundamentally agree with the notion that playing sports should function just for fun, not for other competitive purposes.

For fun, children would maintain a relaxing mind and enjoy playing sports. If sport can cultivate children’s interests just like computer games(能带来physical health吗?), it would obviously be beneficial to children’s physical health. On the other hand,(这个是用来转折的,不是用来递进的) healthy body can protect children from diseases and also develop a healthy mind. Various studies show that sports can be the major curing of some diseases and ought to be emphasized in daily life. The nation also pays much attention on children’s extracurricular activities. Schools are considered more comprehensively developed(有问题) which strengthen the sport facilities to enable every child to join sport activities. This is also in accordance with the contemporary policy of Quality Education.

However, putting a child into a competition or contest just according to adults' opinion is a deal which lacks meditation. Not can any child handle with the competition and undertake the competitive task. Some even can not bear pressure from coaches and other relevant persons. As a result of competition that is always related to prize, award and even dignity, children may treat it as an important event and unconsciously gain much pressure. That extra pressure would cause several consequences such as loss scores in studying and gloomy mind on daily life. Thus, competition tends to affect children on more negative aspects than positive aspects.
说理很好,但是貌似没有example,这样不太行

In brief, children should play sports without any pressure in order to foster its habit of playing sports. As a result, they can achieve some goals and obtain health both on body and mind.

结构清楚,很多高级词汇,赞一个,但本文最大缺点就是没有example

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-15 09:39:24 |只看该作者
16# howard_hhq

好的~我也觉得我例子一只造不出来~而且很生涩的感觉~谢谢童鞋啦~我等会去改~(*^__^*)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-15 11:40:31 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 holyirini 于 2010-3-16 11:47 编辑

3.15Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones have had more positive effects on human kind than televisions

Telephones and televisions are both exponents of our modern technology in respectively 19th and 20th century, which now become indispensible parts of our daily life. The tremendous benefits have been shown in the development of the society, while apparently both of them also have detrimental effects. By measuring both merits and demerits the two technologies bring about, I'm basically on the side of the speaker that telephones have had more positive effects than televisions.

From the aspect of their functions, I concede that telephones mostly used for communication are basic tools human need, while televisions are usually considered as an approach for entertainment. Telephones are widely used in our life, both at work or home. We need telephones to keep in touch with our families, friends, colleagues and business partners to tense mutual relationships. Sometimes we even contact with people we do not know before for some reasons to make new friends. It is telephones constructing a complex net from persons to persons, which ensure us remaining a special status in the society.

Furthermore, telephones are now developing into a new era of 3G technology, which enable telephones contain much more functions than ever. For instance, 3G phones can offer thousands of functions which is downloadable from Internet to install. They represent a modern trend of having telephones more multi-function. TV programs installed into 3G phones can to some extent take place of televisions and obviously will be more popular among young generations. It means that advanced technology have been applied to telephones in order to bring about a new change of our life and lead our communication to a more convenient and diverse way. Nevertheless, televisions' development emphasizes more on aspects of broadening the TV screen, adding diverse colors, narrowing screen's thickness and so forth, which all on purpose of creating a vivid sight enjoyment. Thus, I consider, in the long run, televisions' benefits to human kind will far less than telephones'.

In brief, telephones give rise to convenience to communicate from each other and are developing much more beneficial for human’s contact, while I suppose that televisions are still a kind of methods for human’s entertainment in the long term.

修改了一下,增加了一段论证:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones have had more positive effects on human kind than televisions

Telephones and televisions are both exponents of our modern technology in respectively 19th and 20th century, which now become indispensible parts of our daily life. The tremendous benefits have been shown in the development of the society, while apparently both of them also have detrimental effects. By measuring both merits and demerits the two technologies bring about, I'm basically on the side of the speaker that telephones have had more positive effects than televisions.

From the aspect of their functions, I concede that telephones mostly used for communication are basic tools human need, while televisions are usually considered as an approach for entertainment. Telephones are widely used in our life, both at work or home. We need telephones to keep in touch with our families, friends, colleagues and business partners to intensify mutual relationships. Sometimes we even contact with people we do not know before for some reasons to make new friends. It is telephones constructing a complex net from persons to persons, which ensure us remaining a special status in the society.

Considering telephones’ popularity among people whether or not he or she is rich enough, telephones obviously become a kind of necessity that merely every person have one. Telephones are used at home, in the office and even during the meeting. Take my own experience for example. If I forgot taking cell phones in my pocket one day, I would feel uncomfortable and concerned about whether or not some people call me for an important event. By contrast, if some day my television was broken down and took to be fixed for some time, I would feel nothing and just think about “what I’m going to do to spend the time until TV is back?” Admittedly, I’m not the biggest fan of TV programs. But I believe it is common among people nowadays.

Furthermore, telephones are now developing into a new era of 3G technology, which enable telephones contain much more functions than ever. For instance, 3G phones can offer thousands of functions which are downloadable from Internet to install. They represent a modern trend of having telephones more multi-function. TV programs installed into 3G phones can to some extent take place of televisions and obviously will be more popular among young generations. It means that advanced technology have been applied to telephones in order to bring about a new change of our life and lead our communication to a more convenient and diverse way. In contrast, televisions' development emphasizes more on aspects of broadening the TV screen, adding diverse colors, narrowing screen's thickness and so forth, which all on purpose of creating a vivid sight enjoyment. Thus, I consider, in the long run, televisions' benefits to human kind will far less than telephones'.

In brief, telephones give rise to convenience to communicate from each other and are developing much more beneficial for human’s contact, while I suppose that televisions are still a kind of methods for human’s entertainment in the long term.

附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-15 17:30:04 |只看该作者
15# holyirini Sorry for the late

3.14, u* P* C0 v" ~/ r/ F; v. z; ^0 T
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Mostpeople prefer having other people make decisions for them rather than makingdecisions by themselves
' b6 i4 T2 I1 j

During the whole life, we always encounter (“have” is betterhere?) various choices to select and decisions to make. Any decisionmay even lead us to a new path of our life, although the process of making them(it. You said “anydecision” in the beginning of this sentence) is hard andchallenging. Thus, for my part, decisions should be made by people themselves.(I agree with your pointtotally. However, I think this topic focuses on” most people PREFER doing sth”instead of “SHOULD do sth”. In my mind, “PREFER”is different from “SHOULD”.Sometimes what we should do is not what we prefer doing.)

No one can ensure that he or she can make right decisionsall the time. It is a choice that would not have a final judgment whether it isbeneficial or not until some kind of results are given rise to. Hence, Peoplemaking decisions can not foresee the (this article might be unnecessary) results butthey would try their best to conduct the (the same comment as the previous one) results to afavorable way. As a result of every decision having its possibility to fall inunexpected consequences(plural? Or singular), why would we give up thechance to decide giving it to others? (I think the logic in this paragraph is a little loose. Weshould not give up making a decision just because our decision might result inan unexpected consequence? You should admit that some people don’t like risks)

We should treasure opportunities for us to decide whether(either?)our life or others' career. As it is an(a) challenging job and responsible for results itwould cause, important decisions are only allowed to made by the board in acooperation for instance. Ordinary staffs in their company have no voice in businessand personnel affairs (I remembered that someone in the bbs said that “affair”should be avoid in the toefl writing if it is possible. This word is a littlemore abstract and sometimes refers to negative things. Do you think “humanresource” is better if you want to say “人事” here?), even though they may own much wiser ideathan the board. Nevertheless, if we obtain a chance to make decisions, weshould devote all our efforts to grasp it and make the best decision ifpossible.

Adaption to make decision benefits us a lot on the aspectsof fostering independent ability and cultivating our confidence. Imagine thatif you are accustomed in having others make decisions for you, you willunconsciously and even subconsciously be dependent on others. When you meetchoices to select, the first idea coming up from your mind is calling for helpfrom others rather than face(facing) them by yourselves. Take my classmate in high schoolfor example. She is an diligent student dedicating( I think “She dedicates” is fine here)most of her spare time on math questions(exercises?) but she always gets a low score(s) on math’s exam(s). That can be attributed to herbackward attitude toward difficult questions and dependent (dependence?)on other students and teachers to help her with difficulties. The failure ingaining scores would on the other hand result in lacking confidence in thesubject. Being afraid to be wrong and discouraging experiences would play adetrimental role in one's development.

In sum, making decisions by ourselves is an(a)necessary and complex skill to learn, which is our right we can not be ignored(ignore, or I think “abandon”is better) and our opportunities to develop independence andconfidence.

总结:个人感觉一是有点偏题,你可以用这篇文章来论述“做决定好处多多,所以大家应该自己做决定”。二是前两个论点显得说服力不够。

不过,我还是从你的文章和你对我文章修改中学到不少,谢谢J

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-16 08:04:24 |只看该作者

Telephones and televisions are both exponents (inventions) of our modern technology in respectively 19th and 20th century, which now become indispensible parts of our daily life. The tremendous benefits have been shown in the development of the society, while apparently both of them also have detrimental effects. By measuring both merits and demerits the two technologies bring about, I'm basically on the side of the speaker that telephones have had more positive effects than televisions.
1 p5 a0 l3 d* D% k5 Y9 z0 C
From the aspect of their functions, I
concede(believe) that telephones mostly used for communication are basic tools (for) human need, while televisions are usually considered as an approach for entertainment. Telephones are widely used in our life, both at work or home. We need telephones to keep in touch with our families, friends, colleagues and business partners to tense (intensify) mutual relationships. Sometimes we even contact with people we do not know before for some reasons to make new friends. It is telephones constructing (that construct) a complex net from persons to persons, which ensure us remaining a special status in the society.

道理说的挺多的,就是没见到example

{6 S# ~, C5 S1 sFurthermore, telephones are now developing into a new era of 3G technology, which enable telephones contain much more functions than ever. For instance, 3G phones can offer thousands of functions which is(are) downloadable from Internet to install. They represent a modern trend of having telephones more multi-function. TV programs installed into 3G phones can, to some extent, take place of (substitute) televisions and obviously will be more popular among young generations. It means that advanced technology have been applied to telephones in order to bring about a new change of our life and lead our communication to a more convenient and diverse way. Nevertheless(突然转折,貌似很怪), televisions' development emphasizes more on aspects of broadening the TV screen, adding diverse colors, narrowing screen's thickness and so forth, which all on purpose of creating a vivid sight enjoyment. Thus, I consider, in the long run, televisions' benefits to human kind will far less than telephones'.
你这个电视的优点我建议独立成一段,要不很怪

In brief, telephones give rise to convenience to communicate from each other and are developing much more beneficial for human’s contact, while I suppose that (admittedly,) televisions are still a kind of methods for human’s entertainment in the long term.

总结:你的逻辑挺好的,表达还可以,你的最大问题就是不能很好给例子,给的例子也不是那么有说服了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-16 09:25:22 |只看该作者
20# howard_hhq

我觉得我的观点童鞋可能没有理解对。
那个nevertheless用的可能是不对。应该改成In contrast。
但是那句讲的不是电视的优点噢。
我这篇文章的观点等会我改你文章的时候再跟你讨论下吧~谢谢啦~
我在例子方面是不太会的。以后会尽量多举例子。这边文章我自己认为举的挺好的。
一会讨论下我再改吧。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-16 19:32:55 |只看该作者

From the aspect of their functions, I concede that telephones mostly used for communication are basic tools human need, while televisions are usually considered as an approach for entertainment. Telephones are widely used in our life, both at work or(and) home. We need telephones to keep in touch with our families, friends, colleagues and business partners to intensify mutual relationships. Sometimes we even contact with people we do not know before for some reasons to make new friends(这句话怎么读都觉得有点不通呀……). It is telephones constructing a complex net from persons to persons, which ensure us remaining a special status in the society.

Considering telephones’ popularity among people whether or not he or she is rich enough, telephones obviously become a kind of necessity that merely every person have one. Telephones are used at home, in the office and even during the meeting. Take my own experience for example. If I forgot taking cell phones in my pocket one day, I would feel uncomfortable and concerned about whether or not some people call me for an important event. By contrast, if some day my television was broken down and took to be fixed for some time, I would feel nothing and just think about “what I’m going to do to spend the time until TV is back?” Admittedly, I’m not the biggest fan of TV programs. But I believe it is common among people nowadays.

Furthermore, telephones are now developing into a new era of 3G technology, which enable telephones contain much more functions than ever. For instance, 3G phones can offer thousands of functions which are downloadable from Internet to install. They represent a modern trend of having telephones more multi-function. TV programs installed into 3G phones can to some extent take place of televisions and obviously will be more popular among young generations. It means that advanced technology have been applied to telephones in order to bring about a new change of our life(lives) and lead our communication to a more convenient and diverse way. In contrast, televisions' development emphasizes more on aspects of broadening the TV screen, adding diverse colors, narrowing screen's thickness and so forth, which all on purpose of creating a vivid sight enjoyment. Thus, I consider, in the long run, televisions' benefits to human kind will far less than telephones'.

我觉得第二个例子比第一个例子更合适~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-16 20:59:09 |只看该作者
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should live one city or in one country all their life instead of moving to live in different places

As gradually perfecting of the transportation system, moving to another city or even another country tends to be a common thing for residents. Hence, a heated debate is put on the option among them about whether people are supposed to be live in one place. On balance, I contend that it is individual's choice to decide whether he or she moves to other places and where to live finally.

Firstly, living in different cities widens youngsters' social relationship net. It is undoubtedly beneficial for youngsters to make new friends outside their core social association. Take my cousin who is now studying in a high school in the suburbs of Chicago for example. At home, the people she contacts are only some relatives like me and classmates at school. What we talk about is only limited in the recent circumstance. In contrast, after she studies and lives in a totally different society which contains all colors of people around the world, she tells me about how Germany girls do makeup, how Mexican students amicable to every one and how Japanese students severely obey their principles. All that she tells me are appealing and attracting me to move there for having a new and broad net of friends.

Even though some people who are middle aged have no enthusiasm in making new friends, I believe that the fascination from exotic cultures and unfamiliar traditions would draw their attention. Living in a different city is not similar with traveling. Through traveling, you can try to understand one culture but it is obviously some superficial recognition, while moving to the city, you will have enough time to comprehend the different culture from any aspect of the society and even lead yourselves to adapt to the local lifestyle. Like Washington Irving who is an eminent author in the U.S.A, his creative work is mostly accomplished in the Europe where he may obtain inspiration from cultural diversity.

Admittedly, it is proper for seniors to settle in one certain place as a result of lack of vigor to be accustomed to new surroundings. My grandparents' biggest wish is to live a cozy and peaceful life with their children and grandchildren around in my hometown. I guess that it may be common notion among the old and they may consider the way of living as the last and the most delighted ending of their life.

In conclusion, whether to move to other cities or even countries depends on which period we are in. Youngsters and middle-aged groups are recommended to live in another place on purpose of making new chums and discovering different cultures, while the old should stay in one place to enjoy their remaining life comfortably.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-10-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-17 16:27:20 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 yan121 于 2010-3-17 16:28 编辑

As gradually perfecting of the transportation system, moving to another city or even another country tends to be a common thing for residents. Hence, a heated debate is put on the option among them about whether people are supposed to be(这个可以去掉) live in one place. On balance, I contend that it is individual's choice to decide whether he or she moves to other places and where to live finally.

Firstly, living in different cities widens youngsters' social relationship net. It is undoubtedly beneficial for youngsters to make new friends outside their core social association. Take my cousin who is now studying in a high school in the suburbs of Chicago for example. At home, the people she contacts are only some relatives like me and classmates at school. What we talk about is only limited in the recent circumstance. In contrast, after she studies and lives in a totally different society which contains all colors of people around the world, she tells me about how Germany girls do makeup, how Mexican students amicable to every one(应该是everyone吧?) and how Japanese students severely obey their principles. All that she tells me are appealing and attracting(这个词如果跟appealing并列应该算形容词..如果和are appealing并列应该用一般式,才能当动词加宾语吧?) me to move there for having a new and broad net of friends.

Even though some people who are middle aged have no enthusiasm in making new friends, I believe that the fascination from exotic cultures and unfamiliar traditions would draw their attention. Living in a different city is not similar with traveling. Through traveling, you can try to understand one culture but it is obviously some superficial recognition, while moving to the city, you will have enough time to comprehend the different culture from any aspect of the society and even lead yourselves to adapt to the local lifestyle. Like Washington Irving who is an eminent author in the U.S.A, his creative work is mostly accomplished in the Europe where he may obtain inspiration from cultural diversity.

Admittedly, it is proper for seniors to settle in one certain place as a result of lack of vigor to be accustomed to new surroundings. My grandparents' biggest wish is to live a cozy and peaceful life with their children and grandchildren around in my hometown. I guess that it may be common notion among the old and they may consider the way of living as the last and the most delighted ending of their life.

In conclusion, whether to move to other cities or even countries depends on which period we are in. Youngsters and middle-aged groups are recommended to live in another place on purpose of making new chums and discovering different cultures, while the old should stay in one place to enjoy their remaining life comfortably.

写得很不错诶!句子表达、词汇应用和逻辑都很值得我学习,段落之间的衔接也很好。语法错误也非常少。但是有一点吼,题目说的all their life应该指的是一个人的一生是不是应该到不同的地方住..年龄分段论证会不会不够充分?毕竟一个人的一生要经历所有年龄段的..

另外,嘻嘻,谢谢你的点评,没有例子库呃,都是突然间想到的|||||    我习惯边写边查嗯..

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-19 22:37:05 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 holyirini 于 2010-3-19 23:40 编辑

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and televisions have more negative effects than positive effects on young people.

There is a tendency that young people's lives are inundated with diverse visual entertainment, such as movies and televisions. The youth often spend their spare time in the cinema or just before the television in the comfortable coach. That causes an argument among the young and adults on the controversial aspect of their functions. I fundamentally agree with the contention that they do more negative effects than positive ones.

Firstly, young people's eyesight is the major victim of being addicted to watch movies and televisions. It is an obvious fact that an increasing number of young people suffer from deterioration of eyesight every year. Take my own experience for example. When I studied in the primary school, there was only one student wearing glasses whose poor eyesight I think was inherited by his parents. In contrast, after I entered the senior school, I found that only less than ten people are completely independent by their own eyesight to study in the class. The fact illustrates, as ages' growth of the youth, the situation of their eyesight is increasingly aggravated.

Moreover, if the time of watching televisions and movies can not be properly regulated and controlled, young people may be fascinated in either TV programs or plots in the film and finally indulge themselves into a virtual world. Precious time may be wasted in that meaningless programs or plots that only aims to make fun for the audience, which could result in lack of ambition among the young. One day, our local news reported a child who had been at the front of his televisions for almost a summer vacation except eating and sleeping. His parents were worried but had no method to leave their child away from the television. Experts said that it had become a subconscious deed in his daily life and he even could not give up watching by his own will. So pity a boy who should have been vigorous and sweating in the football ground now almost imprisons himself into an unpredictable future.

In sum, both from physical and mental perspectives, I concede that movies and televisions do more detrimental influence than that of benefits.
【不好意思晚了。匆匆忙忙赶出来一篇。感觉用了例子以后,观点变少了,一篇三四百字的文章论证不了多少观点。囧。这是不是普遍情况啊?还是我例子废话太多了?】

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-20 13:05:38 |只看该作者
3.18 作文 修改 by 平常心
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and televisions have more negative effects than positive effects on young people.

There is a tendency that young people's lives are inundated with diverse visual entertainment, such as movies and televisions. The youth often spend their spare time in the cinema or just before the television in the comfortable coach. That causes an argument among the young and adults on the controversial aspect of their functions. I fundamentally agree with the contention that they do more negative effects than positive ones.

Firstly, young people's eyesight is the major victim of being addicted to watch movies and televisions. It is an obvious fact that an increasing number of young people suffer from deterioration of eyesight every year. Take my own experience for example. When I studied in the primary school, there was only one student wearing glasses whose poor eyesight I think was inherited by his parents. In contrast, after I entered the senior school, I found that only less than ten people are completely independent by their own eyesight to study in the class. The fact illustrates, as ages' growth of the youth, the situation of their eyesight is increasingly aggravated.
(写的实在是很好啊,但是你后面阐述说随着年纪增长视力下降,貌似可以写是因为青少年长期沉迷电视导致视力下降。论据可以写写其他的~)

Moreover, if the time of watching televisions and movies can not be properly regulated and controlled, young people may be fascinated in either TV programs or plots in the film and finally indulge themselves into a virtual world. Precious time may be wasted in that meaningless programs or plots that only aims to make fun for the audience, which could result in lack of ambition among the young. One day, our local news reported a child who had been at the front of his televisions for almost a summer vacation except eating and sleeping. His parents were worried but have no method to leave their child away from the television. Experts said that it had become a subconscious deed in his daily life and he even can not give up watching by his own will. So pity a boy who should have been vigorous and sweating in the football ground almost imprisons himself into an unpredictable future.

In sum, both from physical and mental perspectives, I concede that movies and televisions do more detrimental influence than that of benefits.

没办法挑出什么句法和毛病来,实在是需要像你学习!
如果鸡蛋里挑骨头,那就是可以考虑加强下论据的结构,因为第二个论据写的有点乱,可以再紧凑一些~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-10-30
精华
帖子

美版2016offer达人 IBT Zeal IBT Smart IBT Elegance 2016 US-applicant

发表于 2010-3-22 23:11:06 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 mpromanus 于 2010-3-22 23:12 编辑

15# holyirini

During the (If you use 'the', the noun needs to be specific, e.g. 'during the whole lives of ours') whole lives, we always encounter various choices to select from and decisions to make. Any decision may even lead us to a new path of our lives, although the process of making it is hard and challenging. Thus, for my part, people prefer to make decisions by themselves.

Firstly, some people who have a adventurous spirit and enjoy making decisions for unpredictable consequences. (With 'who', this is not a complete sentence.) It (What?) is a choice that would not have a final judgment on whether it is beneficial or not until some kind of results are given rise to?. To some people, it (Again, WHAT?) is more likely to gambling games, which can alternatively either (Repetition.) give them promotion and honor or offer disaster to their lives. “Who cares?” The sentence used widely among youngsters represents an attitude toward tackling with decisions. (I don't see what this whole paragraph is about. The few sentences after the first one don't seem to be related or relevant to the idea expressed in the first sentence. In other words, there's no central or primary idea on which your sentences are focused, and a reader has no idea what you're trying to express in summary.)

Secondly, people prefer to treasure opportunities for us (If you're talking about 'people', shouldn't this be 'them'?) to decide whether our lives or others' careers (The part after 'whether' isn't complete.). As it (The subject of this sentence is 'important decisions', so you should use plurals throughout the sentence.) is a challenging job and responsible for results it would cause, important decisions are only allowed to be made (Decisions don't 'make' themselves. Decisions are 'made'.) by the board in cooperations for instance. Ordinary staffs in their companies have no voice in business and personnel affairs, even though they may own much wiser ideas than the board. (What does this have to do with 'people prefer to make decisions by themselves'?) Nevertheless, if we obtain a chance to make decisions, we should devote all our efforts to grasp it and make the best decision if possible. (The question is NOT about what you should do when you make a decision by yourself. It's asking whether people do prefer a certain way of decision-making over another. Your job is to discuss their preferences, not what they should or would do.)

In the final analysis, the adaptability to make decisions benefits people a lot on the aspects of fostering independent ability (What kind of ability is 'independent ability', anyway?) and cultivating our confidence. Imagine that if you are accustomed in to having others make decisions for you, you will unconsciously and even subconsciously be dependent on others. When you are meet with choices to select from, the first idea coming up from your mind is to calling for help from others rather than to face them yourselves. Take my classmate in high school for example. She dedicates most of her spare time on math
exercises but she always gets a low scores on math’s exams. That can be attributed to her backward attitude? towards difficult questions and dependence on other students and teachers to help her with difficulties. The failure in gaining scores would on the other hand result in her lacking confidence in the subject. Being afraid to be wrong and discouraging experiences would play a detrimental role in one's development. (And again, what does this have to do with 'people PREFER to make their own decisions'?)

In sum, making decisions by ourselves is a necessary and complex skill to learn, which is our right we that cannot be ignored, and our opportunities to develop independence and confidence. (If you put this sentence along with the question, you should be able to see that this conclusion doesn't address the question at all. The question is NOT asking you what the merits of making decisions by ourselves are.)

总结:

语法上要注意一下单复数,还有句法比较累赘。。

论述上还是跑题。。问题不是问两种decision making的方式各有什么好处坏处。你当然可以从好处坏处入手来写,但是你罗列好处坏处的最终目的不是罗列好处坏处,而是说明问题要你说明的东西 - 大多数人是不是更喜欢自己做决定。你可以说,因为自己做决定有这么多好处,不自己做决定有这么多坏处,所以大多数人喜欢自己做决定,但是,这个因为所以必须在文章中明确地出现。否则,你就停留在好处坏处上面,差一步就到问题上。

已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
holyirini + 1 我突然明白了哈~我一直对这个题目不理解~而 ...

总评分: 声望 + 1   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-12-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-3-28 11:52:52 |只看该作者
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Printed books have greater effects on society than television has.

Both printed books and television are essential media for people to obtain knowledge and information. They are functioning in every people's life on different aspects. On balance, I contend that their respective benefits on society can not be ignored and compared.

On the one hand, the influence of printed books may be more chronic on society's culture and knowledge in these books can be preserved for a relatively long period. Some famous books written in ancient times are preserved both in various material forms and electrical copies like Shakespeare's play and Hugo's novel. For instance, the Bible written long before century still has a holy influence on Christians and conduct people's behaviors. And it may be increasingly influential in the future as more believers become Jesus’ followers. We can not ignore the status and great effect of the Bible functioned as a leader of western residents’ thought.

On the other hand, the effect of television may be more immediate on society's current affairs and information broadcasted in television can be spread more quickly. Television is usually a medium to broadcast TV programs such as news from various aspects of our life and shows entertaining different kinds of citizens. Obviously, information we gain from news are direct and temporary. We watch domestic and international news every morning and evening, and talk about them in the daytime. But the next day we get up, we will obtain new information as news are up-to-date. We absorb these information but we may not digest them. In addition, entertainment program like American Idol may have great effect on society in a period of time. But when it is ended, the effect will fade away because people just regard these shows as a temporary interest.

In conclusion, I concede that we can not judge either printed books or television by only measuring their effects, because both media play significant roles in our society.

使用道具 举报

RE: 独立写作小组 ————BY HOLYIRINI [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
独立写作小组 ————BY HOLYIRINI