注册时间
2010-5-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-8-29 12:08:27 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
先发两道我Q上问他的题目1.
Paragraph 3: Fantasy is one ofthe more common techniques in advertising that could possibly mislead a youngaudience. Child-oriented advertisements are more likely to include magic andfantasy than advertisements aimed at adults. In a content analysis of Canadiantelevision, the author Stephen Kline observed that nearly all commercials forcharacter toys featured fantasy play. Children have strong imaginations and theuse of fantasy brings their ideas to life, but children may not be adeptenough to realize that what they are viewing is unreal. Fantasy situations andsettings are frequently used to attract children's attention, particularly infood advertising. Advertisements for breakfast cereals have, for many years,been found to be especially fond of fantasy techniques, with almost nine out often including such content. Generally, there is uncertainty as to whether veryyoung children can distinguish between fantasy and reality in advertising. Certainly, rational appeals inadvertising aimed at children are limited, as most advertisements use emotionaland indirect appeals to psychological states or associations.

8.Which of thesentences below best expresses the essential information in the highlightedsentence in the passage? Incorrect choices change the meaning in important waysor leave out essential information.
Rational appeals in advertising are certainly limited by children'semotional immaturity and the indirect nature of their associations.
Indirect appeals to children's psychological states or associations canlimit the effectiveness of rational appeals in advertising.
Rational appeals play a much smaller role in advertisements for childrenthan emotional appeals and psychological associations do.
Rational appeals in advertising aimed at children should certainly belimited until the children are emotionally and psychologically ready.

Paragraph 2: General concernabout misleading tactics that advertisers employ is centered on the use ofexaggeration. Consumer protection groups and parents believe that children arelargely ill-equipped to recognize such techniques and that often exaggerationis used at the expense of product information. Claims such as "the best”or “betterthan" can be subjective and misleading; even adults may beunsure as to their meaning. They represent the advertiser's opinions about thequalities of their products or brand and, as a consequence, are difficult to verify.Advertisers sometimes offset or counterbalance an exaggerated claim with adisclaimer—a qualification or condition on the claim. For example, the claimthat breakfast cereal has a health benefit may be accompanied by the disclaimer"whenpart of a nutritionally balanced breakfast.” However, research hasshown that children often have difficulty understanding disclaimers: childrenmay interpret the phrase “when part of a nutritionally balanced breakfast"to mean that the cereal is required as a necessary part of a balancedbreakfast. The author George Comstock suggested that less than a quarter ofchildren between the ages of six and eight years old understood standarddisclaimers used in many toy advertisements and that disclaimers are morereadily comprehended when presented in both audio and visual formats.Nevertheless, disclaimers are mainly presented in audio format only.
4.Cereal advertisements thatinclude the statement “when part of a nutritionally balanced breakfast"are trying to suggest that
the cereal is a desirablepart of a healthful, balanced breakfast
the cereal contains equalamounts of all nutrients
cereal is a healthierbreakfast than other foods are
the cereal is the mostnutritious part of the breakfast meal

花朵用真诚的等待,换来叫醒世界的盛开
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-5-12
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-8-29 12:35:31 |只看该作者
目前为止疑难贴上反衬老师解答过的题目加解答分类整理(个别是别人解答的)

过一段时间再来更新
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
花朵用真诚的等待,换来叫醒世界的盛开

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-5-12
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-8-29 12:37:10 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 dandan17 于 2010-8-29 12:44 编辑

上面两题解答这题关键是limited, as, most

limited对应most,其他三个选项都没有most,只有Csmaller than
精读不用很繁琐
如果你没有读懂原文,就去分析选项,都是无用功
原文不需要全部读懂,抓最关键的字眼
做题要讲究“共性”
就这题来说要去想为什么limited as most重要,就是要知道做题的过程
how to get to the point,而不是why it is right
要想为什么当初没有想到这几个词?
是哪一步出错了
如果一开始就认为as是因为,就是先入为主
不要自己根据语法知识套进去。
这个词的意思要根据原文来决定
用语法知识来判断这个as的意思,和我把所有其他文字拿掉,只剩一个as,没什么区别。
我把这个as拿掉
你再看看没有as的句子什么意思
rationalappeals in advertising aimed at children are limited, most advertisements useemotional and indirect appeals to psychological states or associations.
两句话间是转折关系
其实这里as是双重意思,但是这个对于做题不重要,关键是能不能看到剩下的句子间的关系。
这里有两组对应关系
limited,most
rationalemotional
但是考场上不会有这么清晰的思路,所以不能看懂全部
要找句子关系,以及对应关系
我如何迅速看到rational emotional的?
因为我看到了相同的appeals
看懂文字难。但是辨认相同单词就容易
所以顺着rational emotional,就可找到另外一组对立关系 limitedmost
那就可以做题了
如果你原文没抓到这几个词,马上就去拿选项去和原文比,那么比什么呢?
所以不能一开始就看意思,意思是等你把结构理清了,再代入的
这类观察方法适合看对比关系的题。但是一开始你并不知道它是对比关系啊。所以还是看主干、看逻辑词。等你看到了这些点上有一点苗头,就遇到思维拐点了

用这种方法来解不同题的过程是一样的,
都是先看主干、看逻辑词不同的句子,
但是思维拐点不同遇到的现象不一样,你拐弯的地方就不一样

as是逻辑关系词
但是limited most才是真正体现逻辑的语义关键。
所以这三个词组成了整个句子的逻辑关系
limited是第一个句子的谓语,most是第二个句子的主语
语义上,这两个词分别是前后最关键的部分

总结:分析句子时,先从宏观去判断,这个句子有几部分组成 。一句,还是两句(小分句)。然后看主干、看逻辑词。抓最关键字眼。把结构理清了,再代入意思。
花朵用真诚的等待,换来叫醒世界的盛开

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-5-12
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-8-29 12:41:24 |只看该作者

这题你要看清楚题目要你干什么?是advertisement用这个句子的purpose
所以答案不是题干那句话的同义改写,而是后面那句to mean that the cereal is required as a necessary part of a balancedbreakfast
查字典最起码得用美国人编的。
Definition of DESIRABLE

1: havingpleasing qualities or properties : attractive <adesirable woman>

2: worthseeking or doing as advantageous, beneficial, or wise: advisable <desirable legislation>

If sth. is necessary, would you consider it as desirable?

这个东西到底好不好,不能自己想要用原文的文字判断

necessarydesirable不需要完全一样才可以成为答案。

希望你不要只看到具体的题目怎么解,而是看到共性的过程

解题第一步是什么?

不是定位。而是读懂题干要我们干什么

所以很多题目做不对,其实是我们误解了题目要我们干的事情。只是简单地定位了题干中的关键字。就去选项找它的同义替换了

这道题其实就是问你表面意思的真正意思,广告商的真正意思。而这个真正意思,通过下文小孩被误解的意思可以看出。(因为广告商就希望小孩被误解。。。)

怎么样才能快速定位是哪句话?
看题干,Cereal advertisements that include the statement “when partof a nutritionally balanced breakfast" are trying to suggestthat
然后把题干简化一下
e
Cereal Ads uses A to suggest___?
所以明显不可能是用A去暗示A,自然就不在本句话找了。

下面是一段很白的对话。。(仅供放松娱乐,调节心情。。)
Me:我还是觉的necessary不等于desirable
Sam:是不等于,但是意思接近就够了
Me:一个是很绝对的啊, 如果是desirable怎么误导了? necessary感觉才想误导。
Sam :我不解释了。你自己再想想吧
Me:
隔了几分钟
Me:不行了。。
Sam: 本来就不需要一摸一样 ,你纠结这个干嘛
Me:我彻底纠结了,不是要一模一样 .意思不相近
Sam:你说那个desirable什么意思来着
如果我告诉你,有种东西是营养早餐必须的,你想不想吃这个东西?
Me: desirable是想要的?
Sam:难道不是吗?
Me:
Sam :desire+able
Me: 你没看我刚刚给你复制的解释吗?
Sam:如果一个东西attractive,你想不想要?
如果一个东西worth seeking,你想不想要?
理解,理解
Me:你这些话不成立,问法错
Sam
我只是先要你理解desirable和它的解释
Me:,我知道你意思了
Sam:看来你的推理能力很需要提高。
中国的教育毒害你啊
Me:字面和引申是吧
Sam:没那么复杂
Me:我知道了我知道了
Sam:难道attractive不就是想要吗?
Me:顿悟
Sam: 如果要你用英文解释,the man is attractive 怎么解释?
Me:你想让我说desirable
Sam:一个女人说一个男人attractive,意思很明显了,对吧
就这么简单
Me:受教育了
Sam:再问,如果一个东西是学托福necessary的,你想要不要?
Me:哦。。。。
原来是这样
Sam:就这么简单
Me:真的还是排除简单。。。
the cereal contains equalamounts of all nutrients
cereal is a healthier breakfast thanother foods are
the cereal is the most nutritiouspart of the breakfast meal