注册时间
2003-7-5
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2003-7-5 01:09:20 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
煎熬了几个月,以为出国路就此终结,却不曾想都是SARS惹的祸
因为非典,学校戒严,先把我们这些临近毕业的学生干出学校,然后禁止我们进去,就这样我无法回学校的信箱里取信,同学都走了,没人能开信箱啊。6月28日,学校终于让我们在一天之内完全撤离学校,拿走所有的东西。这时,同学送来了两封信。我想肯定是拒信放在了一边。当我把宿舍清理干净后,想起信,漫不经心地打开,“congratulations"映入眼帘,我脑子立刻不会动了,下意识地拿起手机,拨通了老公的电话,跟他说着,”我收到了两所美国学校的AD,分别是American U和Renssalear Polyt. Inst.经济学PHD“,我哭着,说着,这应该叫喜极而泣吧,虽然只是两个AD,可是它们证实了许多东西,也给了我很大的信心啊
这两封信分别是在4月23日和5月28日寄到的
我现在很担心,因为很多事情我拿不定主意,也不知道该怎么办,只好在这里请教大家:
1.我现在再申请学校的单项奖学金等还来得及吗?如果可以应该怎么做呢?
2.如果没有奖学金,现在开始准备签证来得及吗?自费签证看来很难pass啊
3.我向学校提出明年入学,然后再申请2004年的奖学金可行吗?让学校delay我应该跟学校的哪里联系呢?发一封e-mail 就行吗?大家有样本给我参考一下吗?
问题很多,最想知道的是第三个问题的答案
不管您是否可以回答我的问题,只要您点击了我的帖子,分享了我的酸甜苦辣,就请接受我对您的祝福————好运常伴
最想知道现在申请奖学金还来得及吗,有可能成功吗?
为了我的家我可以----
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2001-9-4
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2003-7-5 01:44:18 |只看该作者
嗯,的确第三条路最可行
先和系里打个招呼,然后寄正式的推迟申请到Graduate Enrollment Office
可能需要一定的Deposit Fee,办好汇票一起寄过去就可以了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-10-7
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2003-7-5 07:20:29 |只看该作者
In my personal opinion, it is not easy to obtain scholarships at this stage for the coming academic year. But it should be OK for you to apply in next year. You should contact the departments which accepted you as soon as possible, and tell them your exceptional case which definitely can be attribute to SARS. I believe they should maintain your qulification of admission in this year. Apparently, first you should contact the secretary. If in case the secretary said no, please contact your potential supervisor, and the head of the department as soon as you can.

Most importantly, please check their website and see if you really missed their deadline for application of scholarships. But actually, you did not state your situation so clearly, so I do not know what is your exact situation.

I think you might consider write like this:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing with regard to my admission in your department. As you might be aware that a couple of weeks ago, Sars in Beijing, China impacted our life dramatically. My university, XXXXXX, prohibited our just graduated students to entre the compus, in order to avoid the spread out of the Sars. Hence, I have to stay outside the university for XXX weeks. However, at that moment, the outcome of admission in your department had not been unveiled. Meanwhile, unfortunately, I can not check my mailbox either. Worse, when you launched the result which indicated that I was accpeted by the Department, I did not receive any information via email. Therefore, I had no opportunity to know that I was admitted.

Just today, becasue of the situation of Sars is much better than before, I can check my mailbox in my university. Surprisingly, I found the admission letter, however, I am afraid that I missed the deadline for the application of scholarships.

In such circumstances, may I consult you several things? Thank you in advance.

Firstly, do I have any opportunity to apply to any scholarships at this stage?

Secondly, if not, I wish to postpone one year to join the department, in other words, I wish to accept the offer for 2004 academic year. However, could you tell me what kind of steps I should take for this purpose? Need I write a letter and send to your department officially or just simply write to you via email?

Thirdly, next year, can I still apply for financial aid as well as scholarships in the department?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me on this matter. Thank you very much for your time indeed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXXXX
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
never ends up toward a mirage

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-7-5
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2003-7-5 15:56:34 |只看该作者
十分感谢oopsoops花时间给我回的帖子,果然是高手啊,把我茫然不知所措的问题解决的很好,更感激的是给我写出了一个很好的样本。
谢谢oopsoops,谢谢wingshocker,我会尽快按你们的指点去做的
真是太感谢了
也谢谢浏览我的帖子的朋友们
真是无以为报啊
祝愿大家都一切顺利
为了我的家我可以----

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-10-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2003-7-5 17:39:20 |只看该作者
I wish you will be in the US this year or next year and make the reward for your effort. Actually, I do believe after a few years, when you introspect this period of time, you will realise that all of these would be changed to another perspective. You will find lots of things are much clearer than those at this stage. I am not sure if you understand what I am saying, but I am glad to help you if I could at this hard moment for you. More importantly, this is a beginning for you rather than the end, so you still have lots of things need to struggle. All best to you.

And keep in touch with the secretary of the departments if you delay one year entrance.

Good luck.
never ends up toward a mirage

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-7-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2003-7-7 18:58:12 |只看该作者
oopsoops,今天看到了你的回帖,我想你的话我还是能够体会到一些的。每个人都有自己不同的难处,对于出国这件事我现在唯一的办法是坚持到底,而这也意味着我将继续面临痛苦的煎熬,我似乎做好了心里准备,但真的遇到困难时我心里还是很难过,特别是找不到人能够帮忙的时候。我还是幸运的吧,总能最后遇到可爱的人儿热心的帮助我,就像你。其实自己的水平还是不高,所以很多事情成了难题,这恐怕短期内无法解决了,以后我会努力的。谢谢你给我很大的帮助。
为了我的家我可以----

使用道具 举报

RE: 6月底才收到AD,如何与学校联系奖学金或延期 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子