声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-31
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-18 15:10:24 |只看该作者
2.16独立
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more influenced from their teacher rather than their friends.' f& i( m1 X- W4 E, v
, {' ^) ^& T4 l7 v
Nowadays, many people are wild about education problems. One of the hottest questions under debate is whether students are more influenced from their teacher rather than their friends. Some people hold the approval issue because they convince that students attending school is to get educated and teachers are full of life experiences. But I disagree with that. In my opinion, students are more influenced from their friends because of the following reasons最后两句合一句比较好.1 f)( b- S: m3 A
- {6 P; Y; x( H2 C1 U
First, see from the hours students spend with teachers, (独立不成句吧)it is obviously that students spend more time with their friends than their teachers. In students daily lives, ordinarily (这个副词和前面从重复)they only meet their teachers in class. However, they can meet their friends in or out class. For example, when I was in middle school, I spent 7 hours in class. But I continued hung around with my friends after class even include weekends. We studied together and shared our own ideas in order to acquire more information. In my experiences it seems the influences from teachers are limited. 2 A8 D7 j- X4 k5 q5 ?
8 j) f9 M! s+ D- q3 L! T
Second, for most of time the communications between teachers and students are omnidirectional while between students and their friends are bidirectional. It is hard to see (这个表达有点中国化)a student talk to his teacher as much as his teacher talks to him. It is always to receive but not to exchange. Thus the effects generating under this situation are not so effective since students would get tired of listening. But it would act opposite while communicating with their friends. They would talk to each other, transport their ideas to each other and do motions to each other. As a result, the influences among them double and go deep.  L5 {% P+ V5 N7 c2 i
% C# }/ e, r) o5 J" {7 m7 a2 r
Somebody may argue that it can’t be ignored that there many good teachers who have endeavored to exercise influences (不太熟悉这个用法)on their students. Commonly their approach is to have the students who always get low grade talk in his office. However it doesn’t seem that influential, because teachers don’t really understand their students. This function works, but influence from friends gets better.
. r5 x8 r, M7 ^9 H  e; [% b
So, I believe that students are more influenced from their friends who have similar perspective on life than from their teacher who have less time spending with them and don’t usually listen but just talk.

2.16综合  TPO16
In the lecture, the professor refuses to support the statement(别扭的表达- -) in the reading passage. She believes that the phenomena indicated in the passage can be overthrown by the publishing of new rules and guidelines in 1990.6 [- @; _/ I! o% E8 q

First, she points out a premise of starting any construction product which reduces the possibility of destroying artifacts mentions in reading passage. The premise is that the site under construction must be examined by archeologists first to see if this site is of interest or value. Workers can only start project if the site is of interest. What’s more, there would gather many archeologists and government officials to discuss about how to preserving the artifacts before formal construct. ! n0 Q6 j8 N9 s
* U" R& ]; Q' V0 o# H2 N
Second, she corrects the saying about archeologists’ paying issue by letting us know an important new rule. It is construction company that pays for the archeology works but not the government. It means that the assertion the reading passage announces would no longer exist. On the contrary, this function of construction companies supporting funding can make the archeology works goes farther than ever did.

What’s more, the professor numerates another new jobs and careers supplied for archeologists due to the new rules in 1990. For example, as the professor mentions, all of the paid-off flow paths happen in a whole projects, including examines, making plans and so on, allow expert archeologists to join in. All above provide that archeology works were not as tough as mentions in reading passage.

重点突出很简洁,觉得很不错了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-18 16:33:36 |只看该作者
首先非常感谢你给我修改我那烂到家的作文,另外可能你的作文我要晚些才能看,不能算改了,顶多算是给些建议吧,毕竟我的作文水平也烂的一坨,晚些发给你啊,多谢包含~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-18 22:08:31 |只看该作者
2.18独立
Do you agree with the following statement? In order to achieve happiness of yourself, you have to try to make other people happy.

People take different road seeking fulfillments and happiness. Since Mark Twain declared that “the best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer others up”, it seems that a connection has been built between an individual and other people around in order to acquire this special kind of emotion. However, in my opinion I deeply doubt it as I discuss below.

First, what is happiness? It can be a fleeting feeling that generated by a moment such as meeting your lovers after a long time of waiting. It can also be an ultimate goal somebody pursues for his whole life. From this it appears that happiness is about the satisfying feeling gained by yourself but not about other things like fame and reputation that you have to attain from others. Of course if your life goal is to spread happiness, it is certain that making other people happy is part of your life. However, for most of people, it is not. So whether someone thinks he is happy or not rest with how he value achievement which doesn’t necessary relate to others’ happiness.

Second, how people value most differs from others. You may treat a once big success in your business as life riches while someone else could easily be satisfied by having a bowl of warm porridge. Children would treasure a sweet candy as getting happiness while the olds wish for good health and long life. How can someone make all the people around him happy? Thus if you have to make other people happy, you may never be happy.

What’s more, taking the views from other who would be satisfied by the one that are pursuing happiness, don’t they need to reclaim their farmland of happiness by their own hands? Can they acquire happiness just by sitting in their houses? The answer is absolutely no. As Cynthia Nelms declaims, nobody really cares if you are miserable, so you have to make an effort to harvest happiness by your own.

In sum, happiness is a personal feeling based on how he feels to a certain events and how he values his achievement. Moreover, it is hard to meet everyone’s need and no one can easily earn happiness from other’s hands.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-18 23:19:45 |只看该作者
我的语法真的不怎么样,改的不好请多多见谅,有问题多多沟通哦~~
It always catches parents’ concerns that should (应该去掉吧,在这里有点语义不通啊) they limit the time children spend on watching TV and movies or not. In order to make children do well at school, as somebody asserts, the answer is yes. In my opinion, I agree with the statement because of the following reasons.

First, as we all know that children don’t perform their self-controls as well as adults which means they may lose themselves in mastering the time of watching TV and movies. Because watching TV and movies is not so bored like reading books and children can absorb multifarious information from them that is not derived from other medium. Thus children get addicted to this comfort job without a movement in the process. As an investigation comes from Boston University, children can watch TV about 170 hours within a week. As a result, they may desire to continue watching TV instead of going to school or their minds may fill up with TV programs and movies while they are in class.

Second, too much time of watching TV causes under parents’ allowances would do harm to children’s health seriously. For example, the unhealthy life condition of obesity. Research shows that children who often are watching (现在进行时是不是会好些?) TV will snack between meals without a pose (pause). Besides that, sitting for hours in front of a television will make the body do not move and reduce the metabolism. And there are many other health damages such as the decline of near sight would also arise. All these unhealthy living conditions will influence children’s acting (act) at school. They would be more like to blank out in minds or can’s see what the teacher has written on blackboard.

Somebody may argue that children can learn plenty of knowledge that they can’t get from schools or books which would make them do better at school. However on the other hand, there are many TV programs and movies would give bad influent to children. Since children don’t have the ability to tell good and bad information from TV and parents can stay with their kids for all time, it is significant to limit children’s watching TV times for parents and choose children’s watching times within the period that (同位语从句的that不能省略) they are at home.

So I believe that to make children do well at school, parents should limit the time children spend on watching TV and movies. Otherwise, children may be addicted to it and their grades go down or, they harm their eyes or other health conditions through spending plenty of time in it.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-19 11:46:09 |只看该作者
2.19独立
Do you agree with the following statement? Printed books are more influenced to people's lives than TV.

Nowadays, television has a big influence on our lives. Almost everyone has at least one television at home and many cannot imagine living without it because it appears to them as first need. Thus while somebody allege that printed books still have more influents on people’s lives than TV, I choose to hold the opposite side. In my opinion, TV is taking printed books’ place.

First and foremost, television has a very important particularity which printed books don’t posses that is the instantaneity. As we all concern about current affairs, it is television that supports us to know what happens in the daytime which make us always can be up to date to new events. Even sometimes we find that what took places in the last second, news in television shows it to audiences at once by scrolling note on TV screen. Printed books can never make it. Moreover, TV covers the news all over the world, owing to that the people around us even around world do actually make an effect on our daily lives, TV are more influenced to people’s lives nowadays.

Second, television has another specific that is dynamic images. Somebody states that books contain plenty of knowledge such as discoveries, disasters, culture information, politics and many others. I indeed agree with that. However the truth is that TV not only contains as many as books contains but also presents through a colorful, dynamic and more realistic picture. For instance, an encyclopedia always illustrates a scene of a world of wild animals to children. However children can hardly understand the hunting process between hunter and prey through it. But then, if children watch discovery channel, they can learn how wild animals actually live deeply through a more vivid way. Thus, TV’s supplying a better way for gaining knowledge and information makes itself more popular which influence people more effective.

What’s more, see from daily lives of people, it can be found that we can be engaged in something else but still can learn news from the open television through just listening. Since reading books can’t be disturbed by other things and need enough light and for most of time need a quiet environment, more and more people choose TV instead of printed books to acquire current affairs and influence their own lives thereby. And it is a common situation of after a day-off, people are more like to press the TV bottom and throw them to a comfort sofa to relax. All these facts tell us that no matter we are willing to admit, TV are more influenced to people’s lives than printed books.

In sum, as an immense resource of information on several subjects, TV is changing people’s lives through a dynamic, phonic and more acceptable way. For that the information TV reports are related to people’s daily lives or concerned by people, TV is more influenced on people’s lives than printed book.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-19 11:46:39 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 PsMaggie 于 2011-2-19 12:57 编辑

2.19综合  TPO1
In the lecture, the professor refuses to support the statement in reading passage. He believes that the disadvantages working a four-day week brings outweigh the advantages. And he makes his points one by one.

First, the professor cast doubt on whether the company would gain more profits through the way raised in reading passage. Consider from job training, medical treatments fees, office space and computers' numbers the professors tells that along with the increasing of number of employees, the costs for company will increase in an unexpected way. Company can't make both ends meet, this additional costs would cut into company profits.

Second, the professor points out that gaining more employees is not the only choice company could make in order to accomplish the same amount of task. He numerates several ways such as extending workers' everyday working time or even force workers finish their five-day works within four days. Thus in this case job would turn unpleasant for employees.

Finally, the professor throws another shortage for employees to work four days a week. Companies are more like to hire those who are willing to work five days a week, in order to ensure with coverage and constant supervision for the entire work week. By occasion of this, employees would have more possibilities to loss jobs during economic depression time or have less opportunities to earn a promotion.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-2-12
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-20 12:01:10 |只看该作者

In the lecture, the professor
refuses to support(
这里最好不要这样说,因为教授没有‘拒绝支持’,用disagree with之类的短语代替可能比较好,托福的作文思路清晰比句子好看重要) the statement in reading passage. He believes that the disadvantages working a four-day week brings outweigh the advantages. And he makes his points one by one.  T

8 NFirst, the professor cast doubt on whether the company would gain more profits through the way that raised in reading passage. Consider from job(working ability) training, medical treatments fees, office space and computers' numbers the professors tells(told) that along with the increasing of number of employees, the costs for company will increase in an unexpected way. Company can't make both ends meet, this additional costs would cut into company profits.% ?) Q1 ^) q0''''''''

Second, the professor points out that gaining more employees is not the only choice company could make in order to accomplish the same amount of task. He numerates several ways such as extending workers' everyday working time or even force workers finish their five-day works within four days. Thus in this case job would turn(bring) unpleasant for(to) employees.

Finally, the professor throws another shortage for employees to work four days a week. Companies are more like to hire those who are willing to work five days a week, in order to ensure with coverage and constant supervision for the entire work week. By occasion of this, employees would have more possibilities to loss(lose) jobs during economic depression time or have less(fewer) opportunities to earn a promotion.

我对综合写作业没有什么经验,大家互相借鉴哈哈

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-9-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-20 12:28:35 |只看该作者
2.19独立修改意见
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-20 18:43:04 |只看该作者
谢谢sun3may,静音,anan,sEven_zh和bibby~~撒花~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-21 22:12:32 |只看该作者
2.21  独立
Movies and televisions should always show audience good people being rewarded and bad people being punished

When we watch a movie or television, there are always some good people and bad people in it. Most of us always want and the good people be rewarded and the bad people be punished and declare it. However, as far as I concerned, good or bad is a really subjective judgement, and movies and television are not so simple things as art forms.

First and foremost, there is no absolute standard to distinguish good or bad. I can back u this point with my personal experiences. My mother once told me a movie story about the War of Resistance against Japan. During that period, a 9-year-old Chinese cowboy met up with a team of Japanese soldiers. The cowboy noticed that these soldiers were enemies and going to attack his village so he lied to them and led them walked right into the trap. Finally, this cowboy was killed by Japanese soldiers and the Japanese soldiers were killed by Chinese Red Army. Of course in most people’s view this cowboy is good people in this story because hi protected his hometown from being attacked, however there are a few people especially Japanese think that the cowboy has been lying to others which is not a virtue. Thus every person has their own opinions, good or bad is a really subjective judgement depending on one’s own experience. So it is really hard for the producer to please all audiences.

Second, see from the professional views of professional directors, just let good people being rewarded and bad people being punished would hardly make a movie or television a good film. Consider that in the end of a movie, good people being rewarded and bad people being punished, that’s OK, everybody satisfied and it’s just over, then it would just be a so-so, no more discussions would last. However, if good people is killed by bad people in the end or both of them all die, then contradictions produced, audiences’ emotions aroused and this movie will never be common. What’s more, watching movies and televisions is a kind of good way for people to develop their own ability of judgement. Personally, I like the movies that leave some clues for audiences to imagine the following plots.

Somebody may argue that children need to see those programs contain good people being rewarded and bad people being punished in order to build them a standards of virtue and honesty. Of course it is true and it should be done. However, my point is not to say that movies and television cannot contain those contents above, my point is to say that movies and television should not always contain those contents above. Programs should be chosen for children to watch by their parents, but as to the adults who possess the ability to tell good from bad, they would get tired watching good people always be rewarded and bad people always be punished by occasion that some people do not end up as the public’s wish in the real word. We won’t feel the movies and television programs are all like fairy tales that appears so unrealistic.

In sum, movies and television don’t need to always tell a story about good people being rewarded and bad people being punished for getting better attractive, artistic and realistic.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-21 22:13:27 |只看该作者
2.21综合  TPO2
In the lecture, the professor refuses to support the statements made in reading passage. He believes that the disadvantages of approaching projects by team work outweigh the advantages. And he made his points by citing an example of one company.

The company introduced by the professor, constituted a working team to accomplish a project and made them record their process of planning and getting done the work. While six months later, the company checked the team's performance, it turns out an opposite result as illustrated in reading passage.

First, the professor tells that every team members didn't contribute much in the projects while all of them got the benefit when a whole team did a good job, no rewarding distinction among those who have contributed more and less. And also, those hard-working members couldn't have their names appeared in public.

Second, questions of the time group spend and contradictions within the team are numerated by the professor too. By occasion that plenty of different opinions exiting in one team and everyone held his/hers, before they reached an agreement, they’ve already wasted large time. Even sometimes the compromise couldn’t be met because some members directed refused to take it. What’s more, the influencers in the group may be ignored by others when they convinced that their ideas would be creative or tried to stop the group from going wrong. And finally, as the professor concludes, all members were blamed after the projects failed.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-31
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-21 23:57:43 |只看该作者
2.21综合  TPO2 Bean修改5 k; m" H
In the lecture, the professor refuses to support the statements made in reading passage. He believes that the disadvantages of approaching projects by team work outweigh the advantages. And he made his points by citing an example of one company.
( A; m- `* L0 D4 C

& S" J, ]  @9 OThe company introduced by the professor, constituted a working team to accomplish a project and made them record their process of planning and getting done the work. While six months later, the company checked the team's performance, it turns out an opposite result as illustrated in reading passage.
# {6 w3 B  F8 y5 f/ e
. a9 D% w# g: j6 m* X2 p
First, the professor tells that every team members didn't contribute much in the projects while all of them got the benefit when a whole team did a good job, no rewarding distinction among those who have contributed more and less. And also, those hard-working members couldn't have their names appeared in public.
+ P1 L# J- w4 W  g' S. G
1 m1 D& S# P# f7 q4 X2 Q5 H
Second, questions of the time group spend (the time a group spend on debating questions) and contradictions within the team are numerated by the professor, too. By occasion that plenty of different opinions exiting in one team and everyone held his/hers, before they reached an agreement, they’ve already wasted (a) large (amount of) time. Even sometimes the compromise couldn’t be met because some members directed refused to take it. What’s more, the influencers in the group may be ignored by others when they (are) convinced that their ideas would be creative or tried to stop the group from going wrong. And finally, as the professor concludes, all members were blamed after the projects failed.

恩,写的很好,除了一些小错误。我觉得这篇综合写作本身的那个听力和阅读就有点乱,然后我写的就特别乱~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-11-22
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-22 20:04:44 |只看该作者
2.21独立

改好了。请查收~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-7-24
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-22 21:16:01 |只看该作者
2.22 综合  TPO3
In terms of whether Rembrandt painted Portrait of an Elderly Woman in a White Bonnet, the reading and the listening are contradictory to each other.

First, the professor in listening passage reveals that the fur color mentioned in reading passage isn't the part of the original painting. X-ray and pigments in the paint's analysis shown that the fur color was painted over the original painting about 100 years after. She presumes that is because people want to increase the value of the painting.

Second, the professor points out that in the original painting which can be seen after added fur color removed, the face appears partially in shadow just as what people expect. The woman in original painting is wearing a simple color of lighted colored cloth which reflects light that illuminated parts of the woman's face.

Finally, the professor gives another truth which is also found after the fur color removed that the original paintings actually painted on the single piece of wood. People who enlarged the painting's size and tap with extra wood pieces glued may be desire to make the painting more grand and valuable. She also adds a proof that researchers have found that piece wood of the original paintings is from the very tree. Rembrandt has used the wood panel for another painting----his self-portrait---- from this same tree.

使用道具 举报

RE: Maggie‘s daily writing [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
Maggie‘s daily writing