寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-18
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-7-20 11:46:44 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
题目which is more important, book knowlegde or experience?

This is increasingly that we see decent criminals who were intellectuals familiar with deep knowledge printed in bibles of a certain field. Besides this, when it comes to the most common life of students, more and more of us hold the feeling that it turns out totally different when I close my book and intend to try what I have learned in the real world.
On personal part, I am on the side of the point of view that the knowledge gained from experience is more important.
Firstly, exploring the unknown field is the nature of human beings. Even if we get some already tested knowlegde which,yes, will save us some energy so we can be more efficient, the curiosity rooted in our character will yet lead us to test it again. Therefore, knowledge gianed from experience is about human nature and sometimes more proper preparing that gained from books.
In addition, we usually tend to bear in mind experiences instead of principals or formulas. Books are like a senior sage telling us what is right or wrong. But only listening to it is definitely not real study. We will forget the knowledge so easily. To gain knowledge by hand , however, is another story. Experiences always stimulate kind miscellaneous senses to let us remember the knowledge along our way.
Finally, it is in the real world not the books that we live. The object we communicate with is real human. The problem we face is real dilemma. Sometimes we need conclusions which may be gained from books, but most of time the answer we need can be only find and understood by real experiences.
When we look back on the procedure of how books came up, we find that books are printed experiences. After all, we all know our terminal aim does not lie in paper.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-18
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2011-7-22 18:21:24 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 after90sundae 于 2011-7-22 18:22 编辑

the most important thing you want to do to change your hometown?

I live in a small town near the largest local company. The company own its functional factories around it, say, electricity factory, fiber factory ,water recycle factory and so forth. Most of the people living the town belong to the staff of the company, from important leaders to the numerous workers. For a long time, we have been benefiting from profit of the company, in terms of not only the salaries people get monthly , but also the schools , the hospitals and the shopping centers which make our life convenient.
Although trying hard to gain more profit is a encouraging thing that the company is working hard on. But this have been also bringing serious environmental problems to its staff who live near because of the company's newly built chemical factories. So to improving the environment of my hometown the very thing that I want to do for it.
Having a good environment will at first good to people's health. The tragedies resulting from the poisonous environment are occurring here and there, ringing the alarm to warn factory-builders. After all, living healthily is much more important than living richly, especially for my hometown which has arrived at a not starving level. To build a well-designed grain system for dealing with the poisonous water or to arrange the planting is of no less importance.
Besides, I believe no one is willing to live in a smelly neighbourhood. Good environment will certainly makes people in good mood. And good mood makes workers productive. And production makes the company profit. Additionally, as we all know,stress and anxiety and other unhappy factors are often the potential causes of high crime rate. Therefore , if the society runs in great harmony , it is reasonable to believe that the rate of crimes will degree in some degree.
The environment, comparing with money and technology, may not bring us benefits like the KFC provides hamburgers, but in my opinion, there are always some factors which benefit people without our supervision, for example, the environment. But once we lose it, we finally understand what kind of importance it has and regret why we didn't give a glance at it.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-18
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2011-7-25 22:15:22 |只看该作者
7-25独立

When it comes to the television and its increasingly colorful programs, I think most parents will hold a sense of anxiety in their hearts. The kinds of programs seem to lose control as the mass media stepping forward impatiently. It's definitely different from what classes are like. Comparing with quiet notes on the blackboard , TV has much more vivid ways to attract the young. We have seen too many tragedies about addiction to watching TV. So in my opinion, limits from parents are necessary to some degree.
Firstly, children haven't own mature values and enough experiences yet. It's easy for them to bury themselves in what they like at the first sight. They rarely think about the consequences which may let regret for the rest of their life. If parents abandon the responsibility of instruction and limitation, the children will go any direction and it will take high stakes to start over.
Secondly, not all program makers are educators. There are some meaningful programs which worth watching, such as language learning or scientific experiments. But no one can make sure that the TV program world where the children explore is made up of such beneficial elements. violence, sex and so on are the most harmful poison to the young generation, because they are the quickest imitators. Sometimes we aren't capable of changing better when we see the good. But it can take one a few seconds to become an evil. Therefore, i take parents up on limitation of television watching time.
Thirdly, even if there is a possibility that a child in a couch will become a giant in a field, I think an important notation that a potential child must understand is that no success can be achieved without action. Supposedly a child got inspiration from a TV program but still spent his time on just watching. I think at least in this situation, we won't have another giant. For parents' education, limits to the time of watching TV will work.
I am not saying that children have to live just as the way they live in school. But apparently TV should not occupy the most time of their childhood. If the parents are giving wise limits, it's much better than let the child watch however much time they want.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-1-31
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2011-7-25 22:35:52 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 kagomerw 于 2011-7-25 22:52 编辑

我无语了。。我去交作业。。发到你的帖子来了。。。囧了。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-25 23:08:34 |只看该作者
:lol

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-26 00:17:58 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 theflyfish 于 2011-7-26 00:24 编辑

谢谢帮我改文章。你的文章没仔细看,明天来改。
PS:我看了你的修改意见,希望探讨一下。
1为什么不喜欢数字?迷惑中
2题目里有If child want to do well in school这句话。也就是给出了限制看电视时间的理由。我理解的do well in school主要是指学业方面,所以这篇文章才主要讨论television和study的关系。我大致看了一下你的文章,主要是说父母为什么要限制孩子看电视,但很少提到do well in school,不知道是不是完全符合题目。没仔细看,不对的地方见谅。
3为什么证明限制看电视是对的,就要证明不限制看电视是错的。二者互为逆否命题,一个为真,另一个也为真。
生年不满百,常怀千年忧

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-26 01:49:10 |只看该作者
改好了。果然是经过gre磨练的人,语言功底真深厚。
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
生年不满百,常怀千年忧

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-26 06:27:35 |只看该作者
考试的时候数字肯定是瞎编的啊~数字越具体,语言越绝对~
do well in school这个不好意思,是我疏忽了~
关于命题,就是你说的那样,拿一句相同的话去证明这句。比如我认为一个人是好人,我只能去说明他如何不坏,至于他长的怎么样,家境如何我不谈。因为我起先没看到do well in school 所以认为limits和school没关系,太大意了,不好意思啊 6# theflyfish

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-26 06:51:18 |只看该作者
首先谢谢你,改的非常仔细~
mature 我没想太多,就只想表达成熟的价值观,就用了mature,我也不知道能不能这么用,呵呵
然后,我是想证明不去限制后果有多严重,所以就忽悠的严重一点,况且,any direction也不都是坏的direction嘛:)
最后一段的第一句囧了,a child in couch 确实是说一个在沙发上看电视的孩子,a giant in a field 我是想说一个领域内的巨人。
potential真是学到了,应该用promising的。
supposedly,我错了,就应该老老实实的用supposed,supposedly是我推测。。。我这两天看的美剧里老说这个词,呵呵,混了
关于那两段,我是从两个角度去说的,一是说孩子的特质,所以要limit,二是说电视的特质,所以要limit。最后一段说就算电视对孩子教育意义,无节制的看也是不好的。我是这么个思路,应该写的再明显一点的。加个“对于孩子来说”“从电视的角度讲”就好了。
再次谢谢你啊~很用心 7# theflyfish

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-16
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-27 22:12:19 |只看该作者
今天拜读了lz的作文,真是太牛了!
限于水平有限,着实不敢改动,也不知如何改动!  学习ing。。。。。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-7-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-27 22:40:20 |只看该作者
The development of a nation depends largely on the constant generations who construct it. And the quality of the generations depends on the nation's education. That's why every country view education one of the most important factor determining the future development. It's obvious that every country has a different situation of its education from another. So I think it's imprudent to say a government should focus its budget on whether the education of little kids or the universities.
First , I hold that where the education budget should be focused is supposed to be decided by where the money is needed instead of which kind of education has the so-called "importance".Although educators divide a person's education into several stages, we have no reason to hold that there is a difference among the degrees of importance of these stages. Childhood is the base of the building of a person's growth, while universities serves as a key in forming one's values and his opinion of the world. Lacking of either will turn a promising individual into a mediocre man. Maybe we can only assert that the government should offer more to the child education in some remote areas where there is not a single elementary school ,while in other situation where the country needs more high technology, it may help if the money is allocated.
Second, for achieving the success in the development country, the government, as far as I am concerned, needs to know not only the budget plan but also the methods of how to make the most use of the given money. A successful education needs thorough surveys, real reports and sages' instruction. Giving money before giving thoughts is definitely unwise action.
Education is one the most important factor even in the most developed country as it's closely related to so many things ,say, the average civilized level, the industrial and agricultural technology and so on. To make an effective education budget plan should be the responsibility of a wise government. To point my view again, the problem of education is not what only money can solve.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-28 12:46:12 |只看该作者
改好了。写的不错。

我的作文,你直接贴在我的贴子里就行了。谢谢
生年不满百,常怀千年忧

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-28 21:41:26 |只看该作者

脚的挺好的~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-20
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-28 21:50:02 |只看该作者
好了!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-20
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-7-28 22:13:45 |只看该作者
呵呵 ,你的修改收到了,多谢!有种说法说网上贴的作文可能会被ETS搜到,所以希望以后传附件好吗,已经传的那篇要不也改成附件的可以吗?

使用道具 举报

RE: [daily writing] sundae 的独立作文 新手哈 求指教 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
[daily writing] sundae 的独立作文 新手哈 求指教