注册时间
2011-8-13
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-4-7 22:14:19 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
第一次在Gter 上发作文帖,请各位前辈不吝赐教,如能给予下一步的改进方法,就真心感激了,谢谢
8) Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.
Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

I agree with the idea that in many fields, it is necessary to set a reasonable time limit for those in power to step down. But I think it is too presumtuous to set “five years” as a term for any field.
I admit that setting a reasonable time to hand in power has a lot of advantages. First, it is an incentive for young people to work hard and realise their ambitions in career. You can image this situation if a country's leader never changes until he die, the younger men will soon lose the working inspiration, because no matter how hard he works, he will never be possible to be promoted. As a result, he will become lazy and idle,and if everybody in this community is like him, it will surely harm a society’s progress. Second, excess of power can be eliminated to a largest extent,which insures the democratic government. Third, it is helpful to keep a commmunity's stability. For example, if a time limit is set, people can choose to wait until next election when they do not satisfy the current leader's policy. Without the time limit, people know it is beyound hope to peacefully change a leader, which will probably leads to a revolt.
Althouth there are lots of advantages in establish this constitution, when faced how long is a suitable period, it should depend on the special circumstance of the concrete field instead of just saying five years. On one hand, different country has different working efficiency and living habits. From Policy enacting to receiving feedback to reenacting for adjust, some country need five years, some country need four years, while others need more time, for example, seven
years. So it should not be arbitrarily unitary. On the other hand, in different field, it is also different. As to politics, maybe four years can be the optimun choice, however, in bussiness, because of its pragmatism and interest-driven, it is not so urgent to change a leader as soon as\ he can bring the company great profits. So, just using 5 years as a limit is too presumptuous.

In sum, establishing a reasonable time limit for those in power to step down is necessary to modern society, but I advise that the concrete time should be considered according to the special circumstances.
好好学习
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 习作 issue 8 第一次发帖 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发