声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:01:23 |只看该作者
90 If you could meet a famous entertainer or athlete, who would that be, and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

If i could meet a famous entertainer, it would be Mr.Steve Harvey. He is a good comedian and a sober actor. He speaks very good English and he always give lessons to the audience.

Mr.Steve Harvey is a comedian. he makes the people laugh. watching his shows makes the audience tension-free. this would have a soothing effect on our hearts and brains. For instance, if somebody has a heart disease, he can feel good by laughing which can be done by watching his shows.Also some angry people can reduce their anger by watching his shows.

He is a very sober actor. It means that he never appreciates vulgarity. We can watch his shows with our family and enjoy them.Now-a-days, children are getting spoiled by watching TV. this is because TV encourages vulgarity.

Secondly, he speaks very good english. A foreigner can learn  American accent by watching his shows. We can improve our vocabulary simply by enjoying simultaneously. And its very good for language learning children.

Lastly he gives lessons in his shows which are inspiring both for adults as well as children. Instead of watching some talk shows , parents can make their kids watch Steve Harvey show.

So it would be very inspiring to meet such a person who is a versatile actor.

I have always wanted to meet the 2002 Winter Olympics Gold Medal Champion Jamie Sale. Jamie is a figure skater, she skates with her partner David Pelltier, whom she is living with. There are many reasons why I would like to meet her.

The first time I saw Jamie's performance was on television. She and David skated to their breath-taking program, "Love Story". Jamie's passion and sportsment caught my attention immediately. She was an enjoyment to watch, not only because of her teachnique, she also had a shinning smile during her performance. It was because of Jamie that I recognized that beauty of figure skating.

Secondly, Jamie has won coutless titles in figure skating; it would be interesting to meet with a sucessful woman like her. I understand that as a professional athlete, Jamie devotes most of her time practising on ice. It would be nice to meet with someone with such devotion and determination to a sport.

Lastly, but not least, there are many things that I would like to know about Jamie. Such as when did she start skating, who is her favorite skater, what other sports does she like, how long does she practises everyday etc.

Jamie Sale is truely an amazing skater. She is a wonder on ice. I would be eternally grateful if I could meet with this talented woman.

Meeting every one of these famous entertainers or athletes would be so useful to all of us. When we come face to face with one of them, in fact we meet one of the successful characters that can be a great example in our lives. If I could choose just one of them to meet, I would prefer to make contact with N. Kaplan, one of the greatest football players in the world, because of his special aspects of characters which are his unbreakable confidence and humorous thinking in any moments of his life.
      Nowadays football is not just a game to most of people. Football has been turned to the important political and commercial matter between countries. Each game is very stressful to all of football players and any mistake would change many things.  John Kaplan has been showed up in many important games and he has never lost his confidence. Stress and nervousness never put him down. In one of the most faithful games for instance, his team had given up hope that after 80 minutes playing, they should make 2 goals to win the game. Finally it was Kaplan’s confidence that made him keep his concentration and change the destiny of the game. He made 1 goal and his work gave courage to others. They inspired by him and they made the other goal. This is one of the reasons that i want to meet this character.
      When we are relax and calm, most of us can say witty things and use our powerful imagination to make people happy but ,honestly, can we use this power when we are tired or in the most hard and sensitive conditions? It seems that our witticism turns off at these moments. And now this I Johan Kaplan that still laughs and says funny things although he is too tired and in the worthiest conditions. Couple of years ago, he was playing in one of the hardest matches. Suddenly one of the fans ran through the goals net cursing at Kaplan and his partners. Other players got angry but suddenly Kaplan stopped for a while and found something funny and told that to his friends. This caused the other players keep their concentration to the match and win the game.
      Kaplan has a especial character that meeting him can learn me many things especially his confidence and humorous character in addition to the happiness and cheering moments that I would have in this meeting. Last but not the least, all of entertainers and athletes have had a especial success and experience that meeting each one of them, will learn us many things to have faster progressive manner in our lives
Maybe all in your mind
Perhaps that we all died, say, years ago
Now what do you have left
Future dreams of passion plays and dancing people
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:02:27 |只看该作者
91 If you could ask a famous person one question, what would you ask? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Everyone is intrigued by famous and successful people. The autobiographies and biographies of famous people are read and enjoyed by almost everyone.Some people are even interested in finding out the eating habits and favourite pets of their heroes. However, if given a chance to directly ask a question from a famous person most people will ask a serious and thought-provoking question.

If I am given such a chance, I would like to ask Ms. Benazir Bhutto, the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, what were the reasons behind her terrible failure in Office.I have several reasons to ask this question, and I will discuss them in the following paragraphs.

In the elections of 1988 in Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto's Political Party won majority of the setas in the assembly. She was chosen as the Prime Minister. To me, she was a heroine, an Oxford Graduate, a strong advocate of democratic principles, young, energetic, and determined to get rid of all the problems that the nation was facing. She seemed to be the answer to the prayers of all the suppressed and deprived people of the country, who had endured military rule for the last eleven years!!!!!!

She took a good start. I still remember her First Official Speech. She was so straight forward and bold in her approach. She really looked like the "Daughter of East", the title of her autobiography. She promised Food, Cloth and Shelter for all. Majority of the people were happy and determined to strengthen her government.

It was after a few months that the flaws started to come out. She failed to pass any laws that would protect and provide rights to women in Pakistan, for example, proper representation in the National Assembly, laws to eliminate domestic violence, etc. There were troubles in her Party as well. many workers and Old, Experinced collegues were dissatisfied with her way of favouring blood relatives more than the deserving party workers.

People were also amazed that she bore two of her children while in Office. There was no such example in all over the world!!! How could she compromise on her time when there was so much to be done in the country.

However. the main thing that caused a wave of anger in the country was the constant interfering of her husband in political affairs and his involvement in lots of corruption cases. Benazir did nothing to stop him, instead, she covered him but he was proved guilty after all.

In less than twenty two months she lost in the no-confidence movement in the Assembly.I also remember herlosing the re-election .I now see her as an exiled person facing corruption charges.That is why I would like to ask her why did she deviate from the right course? She could have done a lot of good for her nation as she had the neccessary skills and vision. Then why? Why did she let this damage happen to herself and to her people? I know the answer would fill a big void in the history of Pakistan that why did someone as promising as Benazir failed?
---------------------------------------------
Nice writing, but it needs less "background" and more explication.

If I could ask a famous person one question, it would definitely be regarding the meaning of life to him/her.  The meaning of life has long puzzled even the greatest of minds.  In my opinion, knowing the meaning of life and what one wants out of life can actually help a person to live out a fairly productive life.

Life represents different things to various people.  Some people view life as mesmerizing and worth living, while others just take it for granted and don't really give it much thought.  Knowing what life is really about is of great importance to me.  I have always been amazed at the multitude of living beings that presently inhabit the earth. What is the meaning of life?  How did it come about in the first place?  What can be done to make living here on earth worthwhile?  Someone who is famous, might actually have some interesting thoughts to share on this subject.  

It surprises me that no one ever asks such questions from famous people.  People like to interview a famous person and ask all sorts of personal questions.  I think that asking this single question and carefully observing the speaker can actually reveal a lot about the speaker's personality and outlook than asking personal questions.  This is because famous people might become somewhat defensive and not entirely honest when asked to describe their personality traits or likes/dislikes.  But asking them about their outlook about life gives them space to talk about a lot more than just answering some to-the-point questions.

Asking a famous person about his/her view about life might also help us out in how we can view the world around us.  Often people who become famous or successful have positive outlook towards present and future. They don't worry about the hardships of the past.  This might motivate others to adopt a similar positive view of life.

In short, I would really like to ask a famous person about his/her outlook on life, which in effect, will let me know something about the famous person as well.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:04:12 |只看该作者
92 Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Each person would prefer one situation of whether more than the other forms of weather and it seems that their selections refer to their heredity and some memories. what I think about this question is that I prefer to live in a place where there is several weather changes. As a result of differences in the weather through out the year, there will be several seasons and I would prefer several weather condition because of two main reasons. Firstly, the place with several weather changes has more benefit for our body and is more preferable for our moods. Secondly, we can have different plays, sports and pleasure along these changes in the year and it would be fantastic.
     Several changes in the weather condition have effective manner to all parts of our body. Statistics have been shown that people who live in the place with several weather changes, can adapt themselves to every weather conditions more easier and faster than the people living in the place with just one kind of weather condition. In the psychological view, when the weather condition changes, the color of the natural environment , the form and stiles of clothes, tutorial fruits and many things else will change and these changes has a constructive effect to our minds. Psychological studies says that in the places with varieties of weather conditions, the rate of depression and suicide is more lower than other places with repeatedly on weather throughout the year.
     In the place where there is several weather changes occurs, people can have many kinds of plays and sports there and this will be the most interesting and amusing place which can be match to each person’s favorite. In this place nothing would be boring and tiring. When the weather is hot, this is the best opportunity to go swimming and laying at the beach and many other interesting things. When the weather is cold, people can go skiing, playing in the snows and many things like this. In this situation people have many options to do and there is no limitation for every one to do his favorite work. Man’s being have never adapted to the repetitive life and the weather change will bless us with  various conditions and forms.
     Eventually, I can say that the place with different weather conditions can be more enjoyable and better for our body, mind and we will experience many plays, sports and things during the changes in the weather conditions. Changes in fruits and vegetables and the form and stile of our nature will give us new pleasures and I would never prefer to live in the place with same weather condition during the year.

There are several types of weathers including spring, summer, fall and winter.  Each type has its own beauty.  If faced with a choice, I strongly believe that I would prefer to live in a place that has differing weather year round.  This is so because I would love to view the individual beauty of all four types of weather.

Every weather is associated with its own unique beauty.  For example, spring is characterized by a multitude of beautiful and colourful flowers and trees.  It can leave a person awe-struck if he/she spends some time just observing the serene beauty of nature during spring.  Todays world of hustle and bustle has sadly deprived many of us of simple pleasures such as observing the beauty that surrounds us everyday.  

Closely following spring is summer.  Though people might complain that it is hot or humid, I believe that summer also has its own beauty.  The commencement of summer heralds the ripening of many fruits and the maturing of many plants and trees.  Sure, you could just hop into your car, drive to the nearest super market and buy fruits.  But the fruits that you pick from your own back yard tree can actually beat those imported fruits you might buy at the super market.  I have a personal preference for the cherries from my own cherry tree in my backyard.  Picking cherries is fun and then eating them afterwards brings a special joy the like of which I don't experience if I take out the same fruit from my refrigerator.  So summer leaves behind great memories to be cherished.

Then there is the special time of fall when the leaves start to change colour and fall!  The multitude of colours in the fall can also be quite breath taking.  

Finally winter comes along and brings beautiful and pure white snow with it.  Sure sometimes it just gets too cold for comfort but most of the time it is rather bearable.  Especially when I sit in the room with a view of the back yard and the ground behind it.  Sometimes when I observe it in the morning while I have my morning coffee, I  end up thinking how beautiful nature really is.  I don't have to look far to see the wonders of nature.  They are right there in my back yard, waiting to be observed, experienced and remembered.

In summary, I have known the joy of observing all types of weathers and their beauty right from my own home.  Most people see this same beauty but don't give it much thought.  I consider myself lucky because there are many people in the world who do not have this liesure at home.

This choice depends a lot of the place where a person was born. I think this is an easy choice for me. I prefer to live in a place where the weather changes several times a year. What do I say this and why am I so sure? Well I will try to find some good reasons to support my statement.
        I am living in a country with four seasons in every year: spring, summer, autumn and winter. My city is placed among a lot of mountains and this thing is very important in choosing my decision. For example in winter mountains offers a lot of gorgeous landscapes and many possibilities of spending times. You may go skiing, skating or walk through the white forests. The landscapes of winter are fantastic. After winter comes spring. This is the season of the nature re-birth.  After a long period of cold weather a warm time is the best thing you may imagine. I like to walk through forests, to listen to the singing birds. The fields are full of wonderful flowers and the grass is the greenest of the year.   After spring comes summer. Sometimes on summer is too hot but summer remains a very beautiful season. It’s the season that people prefer to go to the seaside; it is the season of holidays. The last but of course not the least is autumn. I could say this is the yellow period of the year or maybe better the golden period of the year.
        Of course some people would say that they prefer to live on summer all year long but I prefer diversity. I love seeing the nature in its diversity. I cannot imagine a Christmas holiday, for example, in summer. For me, Christmas means snow, Santa Claus and so on and all of these are specific for winter.
        These are some reasons that I prefer to live in places where the weather changes several times a year. And I consider these reasons are enough to move in other areas that have the same climate all year long.

I was born in a part of the world where the climate has four seasons and I learnt how much beauty each of these periods can bring to the environments and our lives. I prefer to live in an area where the weather changes several times a year.

Although sometimes I experience difficulties in the cold winters because of my bad tolerance to low temperatures, I cannot imagine the Christmas without the white snow making the whole world to look like the pictures from a fairy tale book.
There is so much beauty that each season comes with that I do not think I can live in a place where the climate is the same all year long. I might like going in those places for some weeks in winter but not for a longer time. If I were to live in such a place for a life- time, I would miss the spring when the whole nature wakes up. I would miss all the wonderful spring colors, the new buds, the first grass that comes after the gray winter, the trees blooming, the birds that are coming back from warmer places where they lived during winter.
The spring is my favorite season, but I love and know to cherish the others as well. Talking about colors, the fall is the next on my list, with all those reddish, yellowish and brownish hues that cover both the leaves and the earth. The ripe harvests, the crops waiting to be gathered are things that bring joy and satisfaction in fall.
The summer has its own beauty and in that period of the year the holiday flavor is in the air. In places with temperate climate the vegetation is abundant. The days are sunny and bright.

Living in a place with the same climate all year around would be very difficult, as I could not enjoy and cherish the wonderful things that occur every time a new season arrive.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:07:33 |只看该作者
93 Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why these qualities are important.

Living with a good roommate will learn us to how deal with the problems coming with a person who completely has a different due. There is no father or mother to overlook any mistake. This is art to choose someone whose character and behavior adapt to what we expect from a good roommate. I think that a good roommate must possess two main characters. First, he must be tidy and second he must study the same major or field of study.
    When we say that a person is tidy, it means that he has many good marks too. When a person is neat, he respects to himself so he will respect to other people’s time, work and other things. A tidy person is punctual and does what he promised and this is what we can expect from a good roommate. I think no one wants to live with untidy, scruffy, slothful, and unpunctual person. A tidy roommate will pull his weight and even he learn us to be neat and tidy.
     If we choose a roommate whose major study is like us, it can be very useful and helpful to both roommates. They can share their books, knowledge. They can solve each other’s problems. When there is an examination, both of them should study for the exam and no one of them would waist the time. But imagine two roommates with different major of study. When one of them has a important exam and each other does not have the exam, he is free and wants to invite his friends and listen to some music and do other things and they can be useful and helpful for each other.
    At last but not the least, living with a good roommate can help the students to pass this period easily and always have a good memory of this period. A tidy roommate who studies the same major, can give positive energy to his other roommate to both have progressive manner in their studies and life.

Most of the students might have lived with roommates while studying in  school or university. In most of the cases, it is true when the students went  to the universities. I would prefer to have the characteristics of the roommates are co-operative, competitive and generous.

The one  important quality of the good roommate  is the generous,  as the student stay most of the time stay with the roommate ,he should be kind enough to share our sorrows and happiness. For instance, during my study in university once I felt sick before annual examinations. My roommate was taken me to the doctor and paid lot of attention till it gets cured. With out his kind, generous nature I would haven't recovered before the exams and I would have got low grade.

Also roommate should be competitive. This is because this will increase our studies growth a little bit faster and always try for the highest grade in the exams. At the same time we should not depress by looking at the roommate's progress in the exams. Infact, we should take that progress as  a challenge and keep trying for the good grade. For example, I always used to take inspiration from my roommate percentage and used to get the more or less equal  percentage with him. This resulted in increasing my position in class from top10 to top5 ranks.

Co-operation also one of the important quality of the  good roommate. This would eventually helpful in sharing the knowledge of the subject and also resources like reference books and writing material. In my study days, once I couldn't attended the classes for one week due to ill. But as I have  got my roommate such a cooperative person , I got to know the course details went on during that week and that was helped me a lot in follow up with the next courses.

As a whole from my point of view important qualities of good roommate are generous, competitive and co-operative
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:08:38 |只看该作者
94 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Every nation has typical customs and habits. They preserve its origin and keep the traditions alive trough the years. Each country has a national dance and typical national music. I can say that the dance is the most common art form in the world.
   In old times people used to do special rituals to make bad spirits and forces go away. In the beginning they were just strange movements, which were later conducted by a rhythm and grew up in to dances. In my country we have a special custom called “Kukeri”. It takes part every year on a particular day during the spring: people with strange costumes and ugly, scary masks dance and sing for fertility and health. As far as I know, there are similar customs also in other countries.
   In the past, people used to dance also for fun. They just got together and amused themselves with group dances, which later became national dances, part of the so called national culture. Bulgarian national dances are called “horo” and “ruchenica”. Our dancers are famous all around the world with them.
   Dancing really plays a special role in culture not only because it is a special way to preserve it, but also because of the marvelous way that it puts so many art forms together. For example: for dancing we need music, for music we need singers and players, the national dances are usually performed with special national costumes… We can easily observe how elegant and without any notion dance makes people develop their imagination and creativity, which later reflect into their national culture.
   Nowadays people continue using the dance for amusement. Modern music makes for instance the rap and techno dancing fashion almost everywhere around the world. This is a product of the globalization. However, people continue dancing their national dances at special occasions and this keeps their culture alive.

Dance, patterned and rhythmic bodily movements, serves as a form of communication and expression. People of different cultures dance differently and for varying purposes, it can express emotions, tell a story, religious or political needs, their varied forms of dance can reveal much about their life. Therefore dancing plays an important role in a culture.

The first characteristic of dance that can tell us about a certain culture is the body movement. By varying physical actions and using different dynamics, human being can fashion an infinite number of body movements. Out of the range of movements that the body is capable of performing, every culture emphasizes certain features in its dance styles. For example, rotating and leg lifting movements in ballet and European fog or pantomime and symbolic gestures may be used in Asian dance forms.

Another basic motive of dance is the expression and communication of emotion. People often dance as a way of releasing powerful feelings, such as sudden accesses of high spirits, joy, impatience or anger. This emotional expression way can be seen not only in individual dances but also in the more formalized and collective dances such as tribal war dances or festive folk dances. This motive also plays an important role in any culture.

Every society has its own dance. Dancing may mark birth, initiation, graduation, marriage, succession to political office, and death. In some societies dances may be the only events at which young people of different sexes can meet. In contemporary society, dances also provide important occasions for young people to socialise. All these forms of dance profoundly reflect the peculiarity of each culture.

In short, through it’s various forms; dance is an indispensable art form in a culture.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:10:50 |只看该作者
95 Some people think governments should spend as much money as possible exploring outer space (for example, traveling to the Moon and to other planets). Other people disagree and think governments should spend this money for our basic needs on Earth. Which of these two opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

The idea of exploring the outerspace sounds very exciting and I believe thet  people must give adequate importance to invent and observe outerspace.
As I am a member of an emerging and devoloping country I think we have to give priority to our other urgent  problems on earth.
                I believe that government must first find out a solution to the increasing number of the unemployed people We need to construct new factories and find out new working areas for our people  and we can do it by making  observations and searching  the ways to use our natural sources more effectively.Therefore we have to use  huge amount of  the budget for these projects.
                After a big and destructive economical crisis that happened last year ; my country is still struggling  for recovering the govermental and non govermental constitutions whom declared huge amounts of loses . Therefore our restricted budget must be used  in rehabilitation of these  badly managed organizations.Also many firms which have been strongly hit by the  abnormal inflation  need the hand and the reforms of the government.
                Not only the institutions are affected badly by the crisis but also the working class and the whole population is deeply affected.The living standard of my country is getting lower on each day and the people who have a little income have no chance to get a good education  and health service.Fot these reasons we have to spent our money to these important issues.
                In conclusin I believe that every  country must give importance to explore the outerspace for having a chance to find out new possibilties and new sources for the humankind  but the countries which have many problems , like mine, must find new solutions to problems of their people The government must previously  prepare o good life standard for the next generation who will be making the explorations of the outherspace.
-----------------------------------------------
A lot of typos and misspellings, but good ideas.

Even if many people agree to search the outer space with more effort and financial support, I think it is more important to keep up with problems that need to be solved on earth.
It is well-known that thousands of people starve to death every day, millions live in poverty and fear of others. The government should concentrate on those issues. Government programs can give people a job, home and food.
I am also concerned about the time it will take to make new discoveries. Even it is possible that we could find something out there, that could help us improve the situation on earth, it is still questionable how sson we will find something. But those people around us that need our help are starving today and not in 20 to 100 years.
There is also the question what will happen if we don't find anything. Then we would have spend millions of dollars just because we hoped to find something out there. Meanwhile thousands of people would die or their misery increased.
All in all I don't support higher financial support for out of space searching by the government.  As long as we still have trouble taking care of our own people there can't be spent mor money for out of spaceobjects. We won't be sure if we find something and when we will be able to have found something to help the people around us. Why hoping to find something out of space? Even if it will take more effort to create government programs, it will help more people sooner than anything from out of space.

In the one point of view, it is one of the man’s characters to be curious. He wants to break the limits and learn more. No one can oppose to this quality of human. This curiosity caused many inventions and profits for the people around the world. In the other hand, we live together and we should think about others, have compassion for them and give their due. It is not fair that governments notice on their points and don’t think that it may harm other people. In my opinion, governments should spend money for our basic needs on earth and stop spending money for outer space researches.
      If one person deprived himself and his family from eating to buy and run a car, we may consider him mad. It is not acceptable to spend millions of money’s funds and expenditures for space researches while there are many people around the world who have a severe lack of food, water, and hygiene and many other primary necessities.  
When we see that there is many violent thugs, suicides, robberies and divorces occur in our society and most of these problems are because of lack of money or poverty, It is not conventional to squander this huge amount of money for traveling to space while many essential requirements have not answered yet.
     Many times, we see from our television or read from news that our earth is in a very bad condition. Deforesting caused many jungles destroyed, air pollution is going to be a very dangerous problem and so on. It is utterly absurd that governments waste this amount of money while our earth, the only place for us to live; situation deteriorates every day so fast.
At last but not the least, there are still many troubles in our society and earth in that many people die because of lack of food and water supply in the 20th century what is not a negligible problem. Furthermore, our earth is going to be an intolerable place to live providing we don’t find out a solution for it. Its more better to government focus their money on the people and earth problems first and then let space look after itself.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:12:13 |只看该作者
96 People have different ways of escaping the stress and difficulties of modern life. Some read; some exercise; others work in their gardens. What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

Modern life has become so demanding nowadays that everyone is facing the problem of stress.In order to escape the stress due to work pressure people try out different ways to become stress free.These includes reading,gardening,cycling,playing and many more things as per their choice.For me the best ways to escape stress are listening to music of your choice,going on a short trip and spending time with family.The reasons for the above choices are mentioned below.

Firstly ,listening to good music is the best way to escape from stress as because it takes us into a different world.While listening to the sweetly composed tunes it makes us forget all the worldly worries. Also we can listen to music anywhere using portable systems.This helps us in avoiding stress whenever we feel so.Therefore i think listening music is a excellent way to avoid stress.

Secondly , going on a short trip refreshes us and helps us to escape stress. Whenever we go for such trips we just leave aside our daily routine and just try to relax.We enjoy doing things out of the daily schedule.So this change simply lifts our spirits and helps us to escape stress.

Also whenever we spent time with our family ,we talk our heart out to our loved ones , listen to their sweet thoughts and play like a child with the young ones.All these helps us releasing all our thoughts which creates stress and makes us young and fresh at heart.

In conclusion, i would like to say again that listening to music,going for a trip and spending time with family certainly releases stress as supported by the above mentioned points.
Good formatting, good organization, but some punctuation problems.

Nowadays people have stress from their work, study, living in urban areas, and so on. I think exercise is the best way to reduce stress. The developing of vehicles has been decreasing less exercise to modern people. Exercises bring our bodies health and feel refresh.

Today, The invention of car made our life more convenient. Most families have at least one car for their commute, shopping and leisure activities. However, when you drive a car to go to work, how do you feel you have to be in a traffic jam every morning? Most of them feel stressful. Trains and subways are also convenient vehicles for people who work far from their houses but if they get on a crowed train every morning and evening, they also feel stressful and uncomfortable. Using vehicles are very convenient but they bring stress and less exercise for people. Some people do exercise such as jogging, walking, play sports, and so on. I think moving our bodies make stronger and healthier bodies. If you do exercise outside, you can see animals, natures, and new view every second. For people who see same view and stay same place while they are commuting, moving their bodies and watching new view will help release their stress.
           Another effect of exercise makes our body warm and sweat. Good amount of exercise make people’s feeling good and refresh. After finishing exercise, they feel their bodies are light and have confidence and self –satisfaction. I think exercise makes people feel good not only physically but also mentally. When people are depressed because of their work or study, exercise will help to change their feeling and mind better.

In conclusion, I think exercise is the best ways of reducing stress for modern people. People feel stress because of their less exercise, depression from their work, study, or relationship with their friends and families. If people exercise continuously as their daily role, exercise will be able to solve both physical and mental stresses efficiently.
-------------------------------------------
Good ideas and organization, but language is a bit awkward.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:14:09 |只看该作者
97 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

teachers salary and students ability is not in the same corner. Firstly we should examine the students. If they have enough ability to learn what their teacher is tring to teach there is no question between salaries of teachers and education of students.

There are several kind of school all around the world. All schools and even colleges have different  concept. For example; for some disable students there are private schools and they give  special education for students.

And normal schools and colleges. For normal which means people can achieve his/her needs own her/his own who go these sort of schools. And as we call these people normal their ability to learn something from their teacher is inevitable a fact.

Now, if we make an comprehension between these two type of schools and colleges we may say that yes there should be equality between students knowledge and teachers salary. But we should not ignore one point that even we call people normal they can have some problem in thir mind such as not interested about education or family problems or friend problems like adaptation to scholl

Under all these circumstainces we could say that education and knowledge only depens on to individual. If individual is ready to learn something he or she even can learn when heor she is disabled person. And we can say vise versa. Even a person can be called as normal and owing to lots of problem he or she can suffer from education problem.

To sum up, salary and education or teaching something is not relevant topics to each other soon or far. teachers give afford and students dont take the knowledge it is not teachers' fault or excuse. It is just relevant with individual.

In this particular case, and being myself a teacher, I must say I deeply disagree with that statement.And why? You might ask...
Well, first of all because it would mean that the teacher salaries were to be proportional to the students IQ, and that would be deeply unfair. That way, for example, no teachers would like to teach the less able students, because that fact would possibly (almost surely) affect their salaries, and everybody know how teachers (and as far as I'm concerned most human beans) do love money. So, considering this thought, certainly pupils with learning difficulties would be the most affected by that measure, because the worse the student's capacity, the worse (or less experienced) teacher to teach him (if we agree good teachers do like money and money only comes when the pupil learns).
On top of that, I do believe that the pupil's attitude during lessons would be a more than relevant issue to consider, because behavioral problems would affect directly to the teacher's salary, making this proffesion even more difficult, stressfull and unappealing than it is at this very moment.
As a conclusion, just to say that only the idea of earning my salary depending on the pupil's results concerns me so much I will be barely able to sleep for the rest of my teaching life.

I´m not agree with the statement : Teachers should be paid according to how much theirs students learn. In fact, in Chile, teachers are paid no matter the student learn or not. Besides that, it would not be fair for teacher to be paid according how much their student learn, because there are many factors that teachers are not able to control, and that they are relate with the understanding of their students. According to this, I will give several reasons which show that it is impossible to relate the teachers salary with the understanding of their students.

First of all, in all the understanding process there are variables out of the teachers control. For instance, the teachers can do a very good class, in the sense, that he shows a deep knowledge of his subject, that he has a amusing way to explain, to talk, etc…. But, although that, if you don’t have a responsible student, a student who wants to learn, a student who is open to learn, who has an open mind, you will obtain a poor result. Others factors which support that it is impossible to relate how much the student learn with the paid of the teacher, are the maturity of the students, the number of students in the class, the level of the primary education that they have had, etc.

As you can see, Teachers must not be paid according how much theirs students learn. In fact, I propose teachers should be paid mainly for the quantities of hours they teach, and the subject they teach, in the the sense how important it is for the students career.

Teachers are the backbone of our education system.  They are there to help the students who want to learn and encourage the students who have a hard time with the subject matter.  Teachers should not be paid based on what their students learn.

One reason for this is that not all students are up to par with the other students in the class and therefore need special help.  Students who need extra help will not learn as much as the other students in the given time period.  Therefore, a teacher has to take extra time to make sure that the student learns the matter.

Another reason why teachers should not get paid according to how much the students learn is because some of the students that are not motivated to learn and are the trouble makers of the class.  If the student who causes trouble in the class is not ready to learn it is the responsibility of the administration to sort out the student's problem.  

The teachers that I have had to date have gone above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that I know the subject and they also helped me sort out the problems that I had with the subject.

In summary, I would like to say that teachers should be paid more than they are getting now because they do go beyond their duty to make sure a student is comfortable.  Teachers also put in extra hours to help their students; taking time away from their home life and therefore should not be paid based on how much the students learn.  

We are going to school to get our knowledge. Our parents are paying money for our education and they expect us to get the best one. And how disappointed they are if we are getting bad grades. They are paying money and don't see any result. Their kids do not learn too much. May be it's the teacher's fault. May be parents should pay less money? A lot of parents think like this. But I disagree with the statement that teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn.
         I think that everything depends on a student and his willingness to study. So why should teachers be paid according to students desire? Teachers help us to understand a lot of things from the books if we cannot afford them. And if students do not want to study, why should teachers suffer?
         Teachers have been studying for many years. They became teachers through so many difficulties and efforts. As far as I know if you want to be a teacher you have to study a lot. You have to get very good education, because you will take responsibility for the rest of your life-to teach others since you have finished the education. That means that the teachers spent a lot of time, energy to get their degree. And I think that they have already deserved to be well paid.
        People were always paid for their knowledge. As much as you know, as much as you are awarded. I think that teachers know a lot, in a such a way they should be paid well for their knowledge. And it does not depend on how much their students learnt. I think that there are no bad teachers- there are only bad students. And if the student explains lack of his knowledge because of a teacher, that means that he never tried. He never tried to study, he never tried to ask his teacher for a help, he never wanted to get more than his laziness.
         That's why I think that teachers should not be paid according to how much their students learn. I believe that every teacher wants his student to get the best knowledge. And it is not his fault that the student didn't want the same thing.
----------------------------------------------
Try to put a clear topic sentence in each paragraph; TOEFL likes this.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:16:28 |只看该作者
98 If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would you choose? Why? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.

If I were personally asked to send only one item of the canadian culture to an international exhibition I would send a beautiful bouquet of pictures, each one representing something different about Canadian life or history.
The pictures would all have something of importance about them. Like for an example one might include the picture of a maple leaf, seeing as how it is on our canadian flag.
Another picture might show a beautiful lake or stream to present how Canada still has a great talent for keeping mother nature out of harms way, and industrialization.
In relation to Canada's national history, one could hence forth a picture of a native individual doing something of the native traditions, to demonstrate the original beings of our land.
In addition to the bouquet of pictures they could be beautifully organized to arrange some sort of Canadian shape, like the maple leaf or the head of a moose, seeing as how we are so well known for both of these.
Although i don't know much about Canadian history i do conclude that an array of beautifully displayed photography could make one of any culture or ethnic backround think of what each picture may represent of Canada.

I am only in eigth grade and i have an L.A. midterm tomorrow morning and i needed to practice for my essay. thank-you for the time you spent reading this, i would definately recommend your website to any of my fellow students. Luv Erika

If I was asked to send one thing that represents my country, that is India, then I would send Taj Mahal to the international exhibition.I would send Taj Mahal not only because its a piece of fine art and design which mesmerizes in one look only,but for what it symbolizes and stands up as the divine symbol of love.

Every country has something to be proud of or some monument which carries the country's ideologies with it.Well my country's ideology is only love and tolerance, which is rightly conveyed by Taj Mahal.

Taj Mahal was build by a Moghul Ruler, Shahjahan in remembrance of her wife whom he loved more than his life.Hence Taj Mahal has that feeling of love and faith embedded within its each and every marble and not a single person on this earth can deny undergoing that feeling of love when he takes a glance at this soulful monument.

The same goes with my country, it is a symbol of love and tolerance as it has peoples of various cultures and classes living together and going along with a feeling of love in heart for eachother.
Not only amongst people of various castes is this feeling but this feeling has its roots in the family itself where we are taught to respect our elders, and love our fellow-men.And above all the relationship of husband and wife is considered to be divine and about it is said that they are two bodies with one soul.
   Thus in a country where love,faith,brotherhood and tolerance are considered the most important Taj Mahal would be the obvious choice which could be send to an international exhibition.This I believe would in turn spread the feeling of love and brotherhood among different nations when they realize what history this fine piece of art carries with its beauty and would also increase the respect that my country deserves.

If I was asked to send one thing that represents my country, I will choose an object that holds a great amount of importance. The product that I select should be native to my own nation so that I can inform my nation's excellence to the people of the world. In this essay, I will describe the attire that I will offer in great detail.

In my native country, there is a traditional garment called "Hanbok". Its vivid color and intricate, ingenious design will evoke people's applause.

The reason that I would choose "Hanbok" is that its pattern is unique and innovative. The main difference between "Hanbok" and regular western dress is that the former is extremely practical, while the latter is not. It is suitable for any kinds of meetings, so you don't have to squander you money in purchasing luxurious dresses.

Due to its extraordinary design, "Hanbok" can adapt to any kind of circumstances. In the summer, "Hanbok" will lower your body temperature, because it is full of minute holes. In the winter, "Hanbok" will maintain your body temperature, so that you wouldn't have to worry about getting cold.

"Hanbok" consists of several pituresque colors; green, red, yellow, and blue. The colors symbolize my nation's patience and creativity. Hence, presenting "Hanbok" in an international fair will result in my country's success.

I have explained my opinion through the ensamples that I have enumerated above. "Hanbok" is the perfect product to display in an international expo, because it represents our national traits.
------------------------------------------------
Nice formatting, good organization. Language is a bit awkward, though.

If I were asked to send one thing representing my country to an international exhibition, I would choose a model of the Great Wall.

The first reason it is the symbol and cultural of China. It has been well known in the world since it was built. Many people fascinated of it, love it and wonder of it. If it were displayed in the exhibition, it would attract many people. Once people see it, every one can tell where it is from. We will be proud of it.

The second reason it represent the brave, hardworking and clever Chinese people.
Everyone can see it took how much work and time to build. Especially in hundred years ago, the transportation was limited. There were no lorries, airplanes, trains etc. Even the working tools were inadequate. The worse it there were not concerts and segments. However the people at that time smash a remarkable record in the history.
They used their wisdom and ability building an incredible architect to protect themselves. It is unique in the world.

The third reason it would be a superior chance to promote the China tourism. Every year there are hundreds of thousands of tourists from all over the world travel to Beijing to visit this unique architect with their own eyes. To experience the feeling when they reach the top of the Great Wall. It will give more people with more ideas and concepts about the Great Wall. Meanwhile, it will be a good opportunity to exchange our traditional culture to the other countries.

I believe the sample of the Great Wall will be the best choice to represent China to an exhibition.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:22:36 |只看该作者
99 You have been told that dormitory rooms at your university must be shared by two students. Would you rather have the university assign a student to share a room with you, or would you rather choose your own roommate? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

At every steps of life, it can happen that people get in situations that don't necessarily satisfy them. However we have to learn to go over those situations through the best way we can think of. I love having some privacy in my own room but if I had to share it with someone else in the case of a university requirement, then I will prefer that the university I want to go in chooses for me the person I'm gonna live with.

First, in a lot of cases peole think the fact of knowing your roomate is better bacause you won't have bad surprises when you will move in with her, but unfortunatly it is often people you know the best who disappoint you the most.In additon to the bad atmosphere there is a big chance to loose a friendship. We can never anticipate other's acts before living with them. A lot of married couples divorce after a few month because they realize that they didn't know each other before living together.
    however isn'it exiting to meet people you have never seen before? Even if you won't get along with them, the main idea was to try to meet more people, to make your board of socialization wider,and by the way to exchange different cultures.Here I am gonna use an example of my personal experience.I am an exchange student and like many other exchange students I had to live with a family I absolutly never met before. I never said it was gonna be easy and by the way it wasn't. But the great thing is that thanks to this situation I got aware that wherever you go and whoever you meet,you learn a lot of things out of it, and the more people try to get in unknown situations the most open-minded they are.

As you can see I really like adventures and even if I doubt on the quality of it, I will go head and do it anyway because you know if something is good or not only if you tried it. That is why I would rather have the university assign a roomate I will live with.  
-----------------------------------
This is a very good essay, and it mostly follows the general structure of what TOEFL is looking for--you have good, clear organization and you give appropriate examples.

To improve this essay, you should use less "casual English," like "gonna." Such words should not appear in your TOEFL essay. TOEFL will also like you to be more direct in your conclusion.

For the last five years of my life, i have been living with roomates - a long enough time for me to know the kinds of people i prefer to live with, and the kinds that dont want to be around.  Which is why, when I was told that I needed to share a room with another girl, I decided to do the chosing myself.
This would not be such an easy choice to make, but atleast I had a few points on my side. First of all, I had lived in this one town all my life, and I had so many freinds going to university at the same time as myself, so it would be no problem finding someone willing to share with me. Also, i figured that if i let the authorities chose someone for me to live with, then they probably would chose someone that i had never known before, and becuase it is so hard for me to make friends, i would take  a very long time to get used to this new person.
With this in mind i decided that letting the school chose someone for me is not a good idea.
Also, it would be so much better if i chose someone for myself becuase i have a lot of rules that govern my life and i expect whoever i live with to follow them. I sleep very early at night, something which many young people i know don't do. There is no guaratee that the person the school choses for me is going to sleep as early as I do, therefore the most logical option is for me to find someone that can fit my needs. Also I am a vegetarian, and the slightest smell of meat anywhere around the house can make me get very sick, so i need to be sure that the person i live with either is a vegetarian like myself or is going to remember never to bring meat around me.
The most important factor in me wanting to chose a roomate of my own is the fact that i love animals. Wherever i have lived, I have always had atleast three cats living with me. I love animals so much and I possibly can not live without them. Not everyone however shares this same passion that I do, infact, many young people do not have time to care for pets, and don't especially like them, or worst, are allergic to them. For this reason I need to find someone that shares this passion with me, or atleast doesn't mind having pets around the house. If the school was to chose someone with whom I was so live, then for all I know, it could be someone who can not stand the sight of pets.
One last reason I would want to chose a roomate for myself is the fact that I have a best freind with whom i have been sharing flats for five years. Now, both of us are accepted into this university, and I would love to continue being with her. We both get along very well, and I don't need to put in extra effort to start a good relationship all over again.
For these reasons, it is clear to me that i would never want the school authorities to find a flat mate for me when i can find one for myself - espcially one that will completly suit me.

If two students must share the dormitory rooms at my university, I world rather choose my own roommate.

The first reason is there will be a good relationship. Because we have known each other. Obviously I know her personality, habit, hobby and the way of living etc.
However if I share a room with a student, who was assigned by the university, it will be a risk I may not know her (him). Then we have to spent time to know each other.
If she (he) has a bad habit, like always lay her (his) feet on the desk, leave the dirty dishes in the sink for long time etc, and then I have to spend more time to cope with her (him). The worse thing is if she (he) has a strong character, then I will have more difficulty time to face her (him).

The second reason is we can help each other. This is a quite important part. Since we have known well, meaning we know who is good at which subjects, what subject. For example in the evening when we do our homework, we can discuss, communicate and suggest so that we can make progress together. Especially if one of us is ill, the other one can make up the lesson. You can see choosing your own roommate will be a good foundation and beginning to start the life in the university.

The third reason is there will be more secure and trust. If I don’t know my roommate well, I will always worry my belongings has been locked or not. Has my purse been locate in the safe area? Who touch my computer? However, if we know each other, there will not be this worry. We can help out when we need each other.

Overall, I rather choose my own roommate instead of choosing by others. In this way, I can be more relax, save more time on my studies and have time on something worth to do. I wish I could have a good memorize of the life in university.  
Change "her (him)" to "her or him." Or, better yet, just choose one: "her"

In some university, the student has the right to choose the student with whom he or she wants to live while earning her or his degree, but in some university, the student does not have this right. I myself want to choose my roommate. In this way, I will spend the years at the university with a person whose qualities and habits I know and to whom I can rely.
First, if I choose my roommate this person will possess certain qualities that I like. Thus, it will be easier for us to live together. In this way, we can understand each other better. Also having chosen my roommate, I would know what habits this person has and I can thus easily comply with his way of living.
Another reason, for which I want to choose my roommate, is that I want to live with a person to whom I could rely. According to me, it is vital for a person with whom I will live for four years or so to be trustworthy. For example, if I gave him a book, he would have to return it to me .I think it is also essential not to lie each other. Thus, we really can trust one another.
To sum up, I think that the years spent in college or university are one of the most important years in life So, it is very important for us to spent most of our time with people whom we like. Thus, I think it is better for us to have the right to choose our roommates.

Nowadays, it is more and more often the case that university students living on campus are required to share a room with one or more roommates. This roommate or roommates may be people who he or she is very familiar with or they could be total strangers. As for myself, if I am to share a dormitory room with someone, I'd appreciate that I have the freedom to choose my own roommate for two reasons.

One reason why I prefer to live with someone of my own choice is that I find it a lot easier to live with someone I know well than to live with a stranger -- someone I have never met or hardly know of. If my roommate is someone I know, it is most likely that she is a very good friend of me too. In that case, I will already be well acquainted with her personality and living habits, so that it is easier for us to make adjustments on my living habits.

Another benefit I get from living with a close friend is to be able to have someone to count on and share secrets, ups and downs and so on with. That is to say, if I have a trusty friend as a roommate, I can always turn to her for help on my academic work as well as my private life. She would be the best listener I have to share my happiness and sorrows, and vise versa. Likewise, we can be there for each other in many different ways. Added to this, living with a good friend is analogues to having a friendly and helpful neighbor, just as it is said in the Chinese proverb " a relative far away is no better than a good neighbor nearby'.

Having stated the above benefits in living with a preferred or acquainted roommate, I strongly advice everyone living on campus to start thinking of someone now, provided that they are given the opportunity to do so.
-------------------------------------------------
Avoid making a recommendation in the conclusion if not requested to do so in the essay prompt.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:24:56 |只看该作者
100 Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of these opinions do you agree with? Use

Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. In my opinion, I support the second one. Depite the computer technology is now the one of the most important thing that we can not live without in the morden society, I strongly believe that governments should spend money on a lot of others more important and basic needs. I will write here some reasons to prove my opinion.
First, as Mr. Bill Clinton, the US former president, said in the speech for BBC conference next year, that even we are very pround of the large growth in ecomomy and technology in some last decades, please never forget there are still more than one billion people, in particularly women and children, living under one dollar per day. What are governments think of it? So spending the money on buying food and improving the living standard of the poors is more important thing for gorvenment to think about.
Second, in my case, those government should spend as much money as possible on are developing social infrastructure systems, like schools, hospitals, parks,..., buying public utilities, like transportations,... and solving the polution problems. Just imaging that we have as enough computer technology as we want, but we are living in the low infrastructure standard and lack of the public utilities. What do you think of it?
At last, the basic needs are always the most important things that governments should not only spend as much money as possible on, but also pay as much attention as possible in to solve them as soon as possible.
----------------------------------------------
"Bill Clinton said **next** year"???

There is a great disagreement over whether it is more important for the government to spend more money on developing or buying computer technology or on more basic needs. If I have to make a choice, I would choose the latter. In my opinion of view, basic needs are more important than computer technology.

For one thing, our country is a developing country, the basic needs is the first thing for our government to consider and to pay more attention to. For example, what I have known is a great number of people in our country are still suffering starvation and do not have enough food to eat and clothes to wear. To this point, our government should spend more money on solving such basic problems but not just consider some modern technology. It is not practicable.

For another, presently, basic needs is play an more important role in our people’s lives than the computer technology. Just imagine what would be like if our people do not have enough food to eat but our government has the most modern computer technology in the world. It is too ridiculous. If the basic needs can not be satisfied completely and the lives of our people can not be improved. People will not feel happy and may hate the government. As a result, the society would be not peaceful and the government would suffer some serious problems.

In conclusion, I agree with the opinion that the same money should be spent on more basic needs because our country is a developing country. Of course, to develop and buy computer technology is of great importance to a country's development only after the basic needs was already satisfied.
-------------------------------------------------
Be sure to name your country!!

have my own firm thoughts about the basic structure development. So I say that our government should spend money not on computer but on some basic needs.
     Basic structure is so significant that only its name is stating the importance of that. If you invest money in the development of the basic structure, it never goes wasted. On the other hand information technology is totally different phenomenon. There is no need to explain the importance of IT. However compare to IT other root developments are beneficial for so many people. Here we can take small example of a project, which is pertaining to road construction and development.
In order to complete that project several other parts are busy in that. It just looks like a completion of a road, however first it reinforces the cement industry, then other soil business, the wood industries, for communication it requires the transportation which again reinforces the fuel business. After the completion of that road it not only accelerates the communication but also provokes the vehicle, automobile and heavy industry. Hence it is a good step as far as a development administration is concerned.
       On the other hand computer and hi-tech investment is subjective as compare to former one.
Developing countries like India must concentrate towards the basic development because only investment doesn't matter. A country, which cannot supply electricity for 24 hours, which cannot provide any result in time, where people are deprived of drinking water, shouldn't talk about the "hi-tech revolution."
       So I think this is still a high time to walk on the ways of our earlier leader who were suggesting us to look for the basic development.
Hence I once again say that government should look for the satisfaction of the basic needs.

Computers are one of the most prominent and exceptional inventions of the last century.With the enhancement of human knowledge on electronics and machine based based processing,computing and storage sysytems, human lives have been radically changed. Not only has the spheres of education and science and technology advanced as a result of its own offspring, the computer era,but also the whole world and its myriad problems have been solved by the computers ,which man,its creator was unable to.
   That computers have had an enormously positive impact on the lives of people ,from the poorest of the poor to the richie-richs is a fact beyond contestation.While on one hand,when the computer revolution,especially the mainframes has given a new
life to the spaceageand mankind has thus been able to explore space to such an extent that space is no longer a mystery to us.On the other hand, the need based and intelligible use of compupters has solved the greatest problems in the industry and agriculture as well.The tremendously useful and efficient control system instrumentation in industry has made productivity of plants rise in leaps and bounds.It has aided us to even such a great extent that the world economy has an new frontier called the IT or Knowledge sector based on the Computer system and its handling by humans.
   A goverment of any sovereign represents the people. Quoting Abraham Lincoln's famous
words for a democratic government "is for the people, by the people and of the people".Thus the primary job of any government, whether elected or not is to look after its people and hope for the collective betterment of its masses.The development of a economy is only a medium of fulfilling its basic duty of empowering and satisfying people's basic needs.Hence the reigns of economy in the hands of government are to be so directed as to suit and benefit its people the most.Addressing and fulfilling the basic needs,wants and desires of the people to as much level as possible is thus the foremost responsibility and a mandatory requirement for any government.

The immmense aid to mankind,that the computers have done so far has been a real good pointer as to whther it can be integrated to anything and evrything of our lives. And, thus  several scientists worldwide have been working on myriad platforms for developing several things to benefit mankind.
   But ,still, computers cannot feed the poor, can't cover his/her body or provide him a space to live in. This being the most basic needs which any government has to fulfill. Though in all these processes computer technology can well be implemented to best uses as a medium of improving the time and cost requirements atleast.Thus it can be definitely seen that the computer technology at the current stage of development by itself can never achieve theses basic goals. Astrong infrastrucutre is what facilitates to solve such basic problems.
         So in my view , for the countries of developed  world   and some of the  world's   developing economies it is but natural to invest hugely in computer technology for providing its people with a better and more prosperous future. But for the others, ie. the underdeveloped countries and the one's in which most people still live below the poverty line it is important to think and allocate resources in such a fashion that the basic infrastructure for the people is developed and also the needs to march with times is served.

There are many people who think that government should spend as much as possible on developing information and communication technology. They think that in twenty first century, development of the computer technology is the root for achieving integrity. While other people disagree, and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs like food and agriculture, road and transportation etc. Both opinions being equally important and logical in its own way, I would support the opinion that the government should spend money on developing or buying computer technology.  For many reasons, development of information and communication technology as computer technology has bought a revolution in development perspectives, which I will explain, in the following paragraphs.

This is the 21st century, we have various ways to development. Among those, the use of advance technologies is one of the fastest and easiest ways to development. Almost all countries of North America and Europe has given special emphasis on the computer technology as the root for development. And as a result, the North American and European Countries have developed in every aspect.

If the money is spent on more basic needs, the people will not be familiar with the modern technologies. It would make them dependent on the government for uplifting their standard of life rather than being innovative. In this aspect, computer technology would play a vital role by empowering the people. It would self-assure people and that would surely lead to development. Despite of the long distance, remote areas, inaccessible and pro-poor condition, through computer technology, they could know what is going on the world. They could learn from the other local communities as well as from abroad. Once people get knowledge about the proper implementation of their ideas, they can manage their indigenous, which would lead to development.

Computer technology is the prime outreach media for information and communication. Internet is the fastest and easiest way to communicate. Thus, computer technology helps in bridging digital divide, which is the first step to development. In this way, internet not only helps in development of the country but also helps in globalization.

Thus, money spend on developing or buying computer technology is the money spent for sustainable development. People would think globally and act locally which would surely lead to long term development.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:26:59 |只看该作者
101 Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

some people prefer to work by their hands. others believe that working with machine is better than on working on ur own. Therefore, i totally disagree with the statement which says that working with machines is better than doind ur effort into your work.
     Initially, people who like doing work by hand are people who are industrious. I mean that some people prefer to give their efffort in what they are doing inorder to feel satisfied at end if they succeseed in their work. for example, if a person working in a company that doesn't use machines, this person might feel fine that he 's doing something fairly enough to earn money he needs it. that's why, working by hand is more practical than using machines.
     Moreover, working by hands might also have a negative effects on a person. Thus, this can lead him of quiting the job and having difficulties rearing his children. For instance, if a man working by his hands and did a wrong movement thus can cause a cut in his hand. In this way, this person won't be able to work again unless he feels better. Acoordingly, a person who prefer to work by hands must be very careful inorder to save his place.
      what can be concluded from the above that working by hands is more risky and harder,but more practical.

The very fast growing of technologies in present is making poeple depended more deeply on many kinds of machines, from that they must use and then prefer them. Therefore, a dependant life is always not a favor trend that poeple like being. In my case I also like living as independant as possible, so that I prefer doing my work by hand. I will show you some reasons to support my opinion below.

First of all, machines make us to be more stupid by using them without needs of thinking. With machines we can get achievements more easily but not realy understand the principles of activities what we have done. If you do them by hand, you have to think more of them and get the insight of works, also have to practise more to improve your capability to achieve them. Do not get a good job (also meant an achievement) without experiences, this is more important thing to young ones. And I strongly believe that who trying to do as many things as possible by himself without machines will get more successful in the future. For example in Vietnam, Since pupils have been allowed to use caculated machines when they start learning Mathematics in the schools, most of them lost the ability to finish a very very simple problem by themselves. Without creative and active ability, people are nearly similar to machinies, that, of course, nobody likes to be. When I was a pupil, I never used machine before tried by hand. I really like enjoying my time by my way and always get more experiences than others after I finish my works.

An other aspect of doing work by machine is that wastes the human capabilities and lost the chance to exercise to improve outselves. In the recent modern technology era many people work so hard for reducing the involved human activities with machines because of envirnmental pollution, stress, resource waste. For example they like riding bycicle instead of driving, restrict the children time of using computers and other machines,...

as a conclusion, I like to refer to a creative, active and independant life that is the most important to me to prefer doing work by hand and this one make us absolutely different from machines. Life is very beautiful and we muss enjoy it in our own way.

I believe that some types of work should be done using machines, while other types should be done using our hands.

We have created machines for our comfort, so we should use them for the same purpose. If we do not use them, then our creating them will be most wasteful. The car was invented to provide a fast mode of transportation for man. If, in saying that I like to do my own work, I do not use cars, then I will be making my own life quite uncomfortable, which is most undesirable.

On the other hand, if we use machines to do all the work for us, then not only are we doing a great injustice to our own physical requirements, namely, execise, but also we are removing a very important concept of aestetics from the output of our work. This is because machines lack the aesthetic sense which human beings are blessed with. Trying to make a machine paint will be like trying to make a donkey understand the greatness of of Shakespeare's works - both being equally impossibe.

I would like to conclude by saying that we need to reach an ideal combination of the two ways in which we can work, namely, by hand and by using machines.
-----------------------------------------------------
too short

People have two choices to work, either they work by hand or they work by machines, whatever suitable to them. In my situation, I prefer to work by machines to work by hand. It saves my time and it helps me not be tired.

First of all, being a working person, I always use machines in my job, it is easy way to work. When working in the office, machines always help me in difficult job, for example, I will write a letter to one of my friends, if I write it by my pen, it will long time to me complete but with my computer, becomes easy for me to do it. Thus, using machine in work will solve many complicate problems quickly, exactly.........In addition, machines supports to me in so many works such as typing, printing, constructing, leaving and so on. It also saves my time to do other things.      

Secondly, nowadays, machine can not without in people life because technology development takes the place of primitive methods in way to work of people. For example, before producing a production had to lose much time because without machine taking the place human in production stage, but since people invent machines, many things becomes more simple to solve, producing a production have not lose much time. All of activities of people are more comfortable. As for me, using machines in my work is more efficient than doing work in hand, the more society develops, the more the way to work is changed. In companies or factories, using machines saves cost, producing price, human resource and so on. In the people life, using machine saves cost, time and can be possible saves many other things anymore.
Finally, I want to tell that, using machines is really convenient for me either in work or my life. However, working by machines or hands, I think, we attempt to complete it.

After the advent of the modern technology, our life has taken great place compared with the past,when our ancestors depenped highly on the their own hands to live ,including walking to the plant ,as well as  using their hands to water and harvest .However, today there still be some choosing to work by hand instead of the machine which is the direct product of the modern technology, some in favor of using machines.If it is left for me to make a choice, i will prefer to use machines .
Firstly, using machines can release us from the heavy daily work. It can not only improve the product capacity we hope to,but give us an assurance to the quality of products, because the quality of some products,like the refining process in the steel company,is difficultly to control, furthermore, some working enviornment is pretty dangerous to human being,  like in  the nuclear power station,if we are exposed to the radiation , the disater will be coming .
On the other hand, some creative work still needs to be finished by hand, like painting, piano-playing.These work will be lack of creativity,impression if finished by the machine,because the value of the artwork is decided by our mind, there is no one standard,accurate criterion  to define .we clamost made a decision with intution.
In a word, regarding to the choice of hands or machines, i will depend on the work to be done to make up my mind what i should choose.IF it's for a mass product, i will prefer to using machines instaed of using hands,if the work should be finished specially, i will intend to use my own hand to finish it.
--------------------------------------------------
*Excellent* ideas, but punctuation and spelling mistakes lower the score.

Some people prefer using machines to do work while others choose to work with their own hands. Personally,I prefer the latter because I find that working with one's hands will reap a greater sense of satisfaction when the task has been completed. Consider a case. Your friend's birthday is coming up. It would be absolutely fabulous if you could send her a gift personally, right up up her door step instead of sending her an electronic greeting card with the computer in your bedroom. Doing things with your own hands brings allows us to appreciate the fruits of labor and hard work.
The virtual world is far too distant and unrealistic. Human touch is still the most sincere way to make friends and communicate with your loved ones. Morever, an over reliance on machines will tend to make us less capable in completing simple task. Taking a short ten minute walk to the shop opposite your house to buy some daily necessities will benefit our health because it allows us to exercise our limbs after lying on a couch in front of the televison for over two hours but majority of the people nowadays will choose to drive there instead, claiming that it saves time and strength. Human's natural ability to move and do work has  depleted over the years with the invention of machines which enable us not to even move ourselves to get things done. It would benefit and foster family relationships by doing things together such as cleaning the house or clearing the garden with your sibilings instead of ordering the maid-"a human machine" around or following a schedule to take turns to clean up the mess using a vacum cleaner in less than half an hour.
Nevertheless, machines does indeed provide us with a much more efficient and faster way to complete a task in hand like typing a resume or an essay instead of writing it out. It does allow us to survive better in a fast-paced society.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:29:41 |只看该作者
102 Schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

"A good foundation is half built", similarly school is  the place where future generation is built. If the building has to be strong (apart from all other conditions), the quality of the builder accounts a lot.In building of future generation school teachers do have a definite role to play.For their(teachers) enhanced performance some kind of critical evaluation is needed.Critical evaluation by students is one of the ways to evaluate the teachers.

Having said that teachers has to be evaluated by students, we have to look into the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of evaluation.

Students are the best judges because they are people who receive knowledge from the teachers.
Teachers do benefit from the students evaluation because ultimately students are the one who will be receiving their view points.Evaluation by students will also lead to a healthy competition among teachers, which will ultimately result in improvement of quality of teaching.Rectification of errors like redundancy in speech,inefficient communication,presentational faults is also possible.

When we look at the disadvantages, personal vendatta of students with the teacher will also dislodge the entire purpose of this kind of evaluation. There are also a chance that teachers might also neglect this kind of evaluation with the view that students would not have the mental maturity to evaluate them.

If done genuinely both by teachers and students,evaluation by students will definitely help in effective teaching.
-------------------------------------------
Very good ideas, but a bit too short.

Evaluation is a process sometimes necessary to keep a record of a person's task.It shows us the graph of one's performance, thus it could be useful to maintain a satisfying performance.

Evaluation of teachers by student is worth in my opinion for a number of reasons.First of all, students should have right too decide whether they are getting well along with the teachers or not. This can be done by frequent evaluation in which students can give their opinion regarding  the performance of teachers.

Often few students in a class may face problem in understanding the teacher while others may not, in this case evaluation plays a good role to sort out this problem because it lets teachers n the head staff to know about student's problem which they might have not mentioned verbally.

A good teacher is not only the one who has vast experience and knowledge but the one who also have other skills like understanding the student's nature and mental level,good communication with the students,patience,punctuality and must be responsive towards student's questions and problems.Some of these quality may lack in teachers or it may vary from time to time.So in order to over come this problem evaluation is necessary.

Teachers are the most important characters of a student's educational life.They keep an eye on a student's performance and ability which helps the student to get better results. In the same way there should be some one to keep an eye on teacher's performance in order to maintain the graph of good performance, by evaluation head staff can do so by knowing students opinion,because only students can judge a teacher in  a better way as they spend more time with them during their performance.

School is a place to learn new knowledge. A good teacher is important to school, it is because the role of teacher is to educate students and to raise their exam's score.

Why do I agree on that? It is because a good teacher will be able to see through individual student's performance in class and during exam. There are no two students that are exactly the same in terms of their school performance and the way they study. Some students are able to learn knowledge faster than other students. Some students may find difficulty in learning as their teachers teach too fast or too slow for them.

Students may find it useful to evaluate their teachers so that they can comment on the way the teachers teach them. Whether the teaching is too fast that they cannot digest the knowledge at a time, or too slow that the students find that the teacher is teaching the same thing over and over again.

Teachers may also find it useful because they will know how the students feel toward their teaching method. The teachers can gather the opinions from students and make changes to their way of teaching, so that the students will find the learning is interesting and easy to learn.

It is important to have good teachers in schools because they can make the lessons more interesting, therefore I agree that schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers.

Evaluation is the measure of effectiveness. Evaluation of teachers and students as well, is very important for the effectiveness in teaching and understanding. Thus, I agree that schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers. Evaluation of teachers by the students can improve the learning atmosphere, can bring new ideas for teaching and will help in knowing the understanding level of the class as a whole.  

Evaluation will help in employing the dedicated teacher. The first most quality, the teacher should have is the teaching style and their simplicity while in making students understanding the lessons. Unless, the students evaluate the teacher, no one will know how effective the teaching methods are, and how familiar the teacher is with the related subject. Though teacher may be a professional one, he/she may not have the teaching knowledge, and the experience. For better knowing the understanding level of the students and for the implementation of the teaching methodology, evaluation of every student is the most. Similarly, the evaluation of the teachers is necessary for planning the way to study. Like, some teachers may give references and will explain the lesson in detail, while others may not. So once students know the teaching style of the teacher, students will programme their study accordingly. This, in turn will improve the learning atmosphere of the class.

Through the evaluation, the school will know the type of the teacher students require. This will help in strengthening the institute by knowing and improving the weak areas while in teaching. This will certainly help in bringing new ideas and practical approach in teaching. As it is well said that the good and bright students reflect the good teachers, similarly, good teachers also reflect best students. Thus, evaluation will measure the quality of the education. And the quality education is the indication of the dedicated and the appropriate teacher for the students.

Evaluation will also help in knowing the understanding level of the students. Students evaluate teachers as to the limit they understand the lessons taught and how much they are interested in attending that particular class. Thus, evaluation measures the level of understanding. Once the teachers get to know this, they can plan their teaching methods accordingly. For example, I used to take tuition classes for the primary students. I was not known at the first time their level of understanding and students used to be somewhat disappointed in the class. Then, I asked their parents about their complain about myself. This evaluation helped me a lot to know my students levels of understanding, which in addition, helped me to used new and the simple technique to make them understand.

In short, evaluation is very necessary for measuring the effectiveness of teaching and understanding. So, schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers.

Teachers often get a chance to evaluate the knowledge of their students. Some people think that schools should allow students to evaluate the work of their teachers. In my opinion, this is a very good idea, because it will improve the quality of teaching. Also, students would be more interested in attending classes. Finally, the school would improve it's reputation in the community.

Firstly, students would have great benefit from such a survey. If students are not satisfied with a teacher, they would be offered a chance to express their opinion. This way they would have their say about their own education. Their opinion should not be accepted as an absolute truth, but should always be heard and taken into consideration. Indeed, bad evaluation by the student population doesn't necessarily mean that the teacher is bad. For example, if students claim that certain teacher is not good, it may mean that the teacher isn't competent, but it may also mean that students don't pay enough attention to what he is saying, or that they should spend more time studying. By expressing their opinion, students can make teachers prepare better for their lectures or explain the content more clearly and with more enthusiasm. Therefore, students would be able to understand the lectures better and consequently to get higher grades. Furthermore, the students would be motivated to pay more attention during classes and to listen to lectures more regularly, since they will be asked to give their own opinion about what they've heard.

Secondly, this kind of survey would also be useful for teachers. Good teachers should be rewarded financially or otherwise. On the other hand, the teacher who receives low grade from his students should be sanctioned, for example by lowering his salary. In extreme cases, he should be fired. This way he would be forced to improve his teaching skills in order to keep his job or raise his salary. Therefore, he would become a more competent teacher and better educator. This would improve the overall quality of education in the school.

Finally, this survey would be useful for the school and it's reputation. If a school asks students to evaluate teachers, it means that students have their freedom of expression and that they are not intimidated by the authority of the teachers. The school would be more popular among prospective students, who would be more interested in enrolling that particular school. Also, the school would be better funded by its sponsors more appreciated by the community.

In conclusion, if the students were asked by the school to evaluate thair teachers, it would benefit everyone. Teachers would be obligated to constantly improve quality of their lectures to avoid bad evaluation. Students would enjoy better education, and thay would pay more attention in classes, since they would be able to influence the quality of the classes. This would improve the reputation of the school, which will be better respected by the community.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:30:51 |只看该作者
103 In your opinion, what is the most important characteristic (for example, honesty, intelligence, a sense of humor) that a person can have to be successful in life? Use specific reasons and examples from your experience to explain your answer. When you write your answer, you are not limited to the examples listed in the question.

The intelligence is a poweful tool that provides an individual with many skills to success in life. People with a high intelligence are more capable to achieve their goals than those who are not very intelligent. The intelligence enables people to achieve objectives with less effort and with less work. It allows people to save time when carrying out tasks or activities. With a high intelligence you can get the same results with less time and effort than others who are less intelligent than you. However, you must use your intelligence in a good way to be successful in life; There is many people how are very intelligent but do not take advantage of their skills.  

The intelligence is something that can helps you to succeed in life. It allows you to develop more things in the same time than those developed by others. It allows you to be more clever than others. Intelligence is very important in all areas and fields in life. I think it is important to be very intelligent and clever not only when signing a contract or launching a business, but also when playing soccer or basketball. For instance, you can score a gol only by being more clever than the defender. It is very known the phrase usually used as: "It has been a gol of a clever". As the intelligence allows you to spend less time and effort  to achieve the same goal, I can assure that intelligence is a really important charasteristic to be successful in life.

On the other hand, Intelligence provides you with skills that can serve as valuable tools for a quarrel or a discussion. You muy defeat your opponent only by being more intelligent or by speaking clearer than him . I fully support that if you want to be somebody important in life, you will have to be involved in difficult situations; in such situations, You will need a great intelligence if you want to go ahead. By being more clever than people you discuss or ague with, you may be able to improve your position in life. For instance, when you are involved in a promotion within a company and there are two possible candidates for the position, being very intelligent may be really useful. In that case, you have to convince your boss that you are better than your opponent. The intelligence is here a good charasteristic again.

Nevertheless, the intelligence is not enough to be successful in life. Furthermore, it can be not taken for granted. In many cases, veru intelligent people do not take advantage of their skillls and do not know how to suceed in life, regardless their intelligence.

In conlusion, the intelligence is a powerful charasteristic that could allow you to be successful in life. It provides you with great skills to overcome difficult situations. It also allows you to reach things in life with less effort and time. And it allows you to be more clever than your opponents in capital negotiations. Nevertheless, the intelligence itself may be not enough for successing in life.

Many people believe that one can be successful if he /she is committed, honest, faithful or intelligence. But, the foundation of each of these qualities lies in believing the power the person has, and working accordingly to achieve the goal. There are many people, who are honest, beautiful, good and soft spoken, intelligent and even faithful, but only some are successful in achieving their goal. While all of these characteristics are equally important and act as the medium for success, the most important is the power to cope with circumstances and keep our spirit go on in the most difficult situations.

As it is well said that we cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sail, similarly, in the way to our destination, we will come across lot of obstacles, but we need to find the way to come across that situation. This is where the success lies. No matter how low we fall, but what matters is how high we bounce back Success can be measured by what we have and how much of the power we are using to achieve our goal. For, example while in playing games, it is sure that one team will win and other will lose, but the spirit is not just in winning but in learning new techniques and improving the team sprit and cooperation. Winner team cannot always be successful, but the successful team is the one which has improved a lot with respect to its earlier performance.

Though the person is honest, intelligent, faithful and committed, it is not sure that he will be successful. The most important rather than these is to know the environment and the need, and implementing best of the best ideas and actions. No matter how smaller step it can be, but it can bring great changes. As Shiva Khera has said, “Winners don’t do different things but they do things differently”, better explains the meaning of being successful. Success is not just winning, but more than that is how much we are satisfied with whatever we are doing. So, all qualities like honesty, intelligence, and faithfulness are directly proportional to the success.

The definition of success for each of us may vary. Some may think root cause for success is honesty while others may think it is the commitment. But, in my opinion, where there is will there is power, so each of us should know our strength, and work accordingly to be successful. And we should measure our success not with others but with what we have and what we have achieved.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-2-13
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2003-12-27 23:32:57 |只看该作者
104 It is generally agreed that society benefits from the work of its members. Compare the contributions of artists to society with the contributions of scientists to society. Which type of contribution do you think is valued more by your society? Give specific reasons to support your answer.

Both artists and scientists have great contributions for our society. In my opinion, the contributions of scientists is valued more by our society.
The contributions of artists are expressed by thier works. Many of them are not that common for everyone in the society, compare to the contributions of scientists. Some of their works shows abstract art by using abstract thought. What is art? Art is something special and strange for me. I don't think, as a normal people, we can understand what the artist is trying to express by only looking at their works. For example, some artists want to show the wonderful life we are going to fac by drawing a few geometric figure. This shows that profound knowledge and extensive learning and the special way of thinking are required for us to understand the works. Maybe it is valuable but uncommon. The impression of the works, i.e. the contribution of artists, will not last for long.
Oppositely, the contributions of scientists will be remembered in people's heart forever. They are more useful and meaningful for everybody's daily life in the society. We usually consider science as the systematic investigation of reality by observation, experimentation and induction. The Scientist must be brave for any attempt on the research and observation. The scientists of different field of science will do thier best to inrich people's knowledge, such as astronomy, geology, geography and medical science, etc.

For scientists the more questions that are answered, the more are asked, and the experiments and observations the new questions generate continually multiply the store of knowledge. Therefore many of them sacrifice their whole life for research for the people in the world. Everything they have been doing is just for us. That's why I think the contributions of scientists are valued more for our society.

Contributions from every sector and individual are equally important for the sustainable development of the society. As for the holistic approach, both art and science are important for the development, so it is very difficult to compare the contributions. Artists work for preserving the art and culture, thus preserving societal value as a whole, while scientist work for implementing new ideas, eradicating diseases, and eliminating poverty and illiteracy. But in comparison to the contribution of artist, the contribution of scientist is important to the society that I belong.

The identity of the society lies in its culture and customs. These are most preserved, practiced and passed to generations to come. And these are preserved in the form of arts like museum, history, paintings, monuments, etc. These are well depicted in artists work like arts and paints and they even preserve these societal values in museums, which would otherwise might have been lost. Societal, economical, ethnical values are very important which would attract tourists and thus help in income generation source. It would help in community development by working together to preserve the society and its values. The on-coming generation will know about he systems, rights and rituals of the society, thus help in retaining identity. Artists fascinate tourists which inturn help in spreading the societal values to other society. In this way, it helps in promoting the art and culture of the society.

New discoveries, easy life, advance technology are some of the important contributions by scientists among others. The scientists work for eliminating poverty by educating people, innovative ideas and implementation of new projects, thus, employing many people of the society. As health is wealth, science provides the ultimate way to eradicate diseases, and provides a healthy environment to live on. Scientist discovers new ideas, making and providing ways to information and communication development, thus bridging the digital and religious gap. It provides opportunity to implement our own ideas.

In the society where I belong, scientific contribution are more important to the artistic contributions for many reasons. Firstly, because, I belong to the developing nation, with a lot of natural resources and the prime medium for the development is eco-tourism. Eco-tourism not only helps in generating income but in sustaining the ecology and the environment as a whole. Due to pollution and solid waste problem, the area is losing its beauty, and the numbers of tourists are also declining. So, the first step to develop the society that I belong is the scientific approach to solid waste management and pollution control and management.
Secondly, because, the prime occupation of the society is agriculture, and indigenous knowledge can better be implemented by scientific approach. Also scientific approach, helps in conserving and preserving art and humanities, and biodiversity on the other hand.

While every type of contributions are equally important for the sustainable developnet of the society, scientists contributions are more important for the development of the society that I belong.  Scientists can eliminate diseases thus providing the healthy environment to live on, they can bring about new approach in agriculture thus providing enough food for the society, they can bring about new ideas and easy and comfortable life by employing and providing media to use our own skills and tatents.

Scientists and artists are two absolutely difference works and the contributions of them to society are also absolutely difference. So, it is a difficulty to compare one with other. But by my society in Vietnam, a developing country, I think that the contribution of scientists is valued more than of artists.

Also, more than 80% population of Vietnam are farmers, who still has very low living standard and in some areas they even have had to suffer the poverty and damages of storm, flood,... so if scientist can find out some new rice breeds for them to make the high productivity and to reduce the poor, that will be more valued than whatever artists can contribute to them.

Everyday, our people have to struggle with earning and improving the living, so if scientist could find out some new tools, which helps our people to do their work more easily, that wil be more valued than whatever artists can do for them.

On the other hand, arts are even less valued but also very important to our society, which make us to be absolutely difference from animals. These helps us to understand more about ourselves, the nature environment, and to relax after hard works. Enjoying a special song with a favor drink after diner is a very effective way to relax. Going to cinemas or museum when we have a lesure time is not just to make fun but also to improve our knowledge of the society, history,...

as a conclusion, I would like to say that in generally contributions of scientists and artists are very important to the society. But by our society, I think scientists are more valued than artist.

It is a commonly accepted fact that society benefits from the work of it's memebrs. Some of them are more inclined to artistic forms of creation, while others prefer working in a scientific framework. Both scientists and artists contribute to the socity in their own way. Works of artists affect people's state of mind, and works of scientists affect their everyday life. In my opinion, scientific work is more valued by the modern society.

Artists make art, and art makes people feel better. Artistic creations may be more or less valuable, from the connoisseur's point of view, but nevertheless, some paople find them enjoyable and pleasing. For instance, looking at a beautiful picture or listening to Beethoven's symphony seems very relaxing after a hard day spent in the office. Furthermore, museums and galleries all over the world are made possible by the work of the generations of artists, from the ancient times until today. Without the museums and galleries, men of modern age would not be able to improve their knowledge about past times. Therefore, education is also the important role of artists. The art enriches people's spirits and makes them more imaginative, while at the same time teaches them about historical events.

Scientists contribute to the society in a different way. Their influence is of more material, and less spiritual nature. For example, physicists try to determine the laws of nature and engineers then use that knowledge in order to make various devices and systems. Those products of joint efforts of physics and engineering make ordinary people's lives easier. Just think about the difference that was made by the invention of microwave ovens for example.

It is my opinion that science is more appreciated than art by the modern society. There are several reasons that lead to this conclusion. People find it easier to accept information in material, than in spiritual form. For example, using typical products of science, such as computers or TVs, doesn't require much mental effort, while art can sometimes be obscure and hard to grasp. Furthermore, in many countries, science receives generous financial support from the government, while art seldom does. This is because a country's military and economic power is dominantly affected by it's science, not art. Therefore, scientists are payed much better than artists. In fact, having art as a sole profession is very unlikely to provide enough money to support a family, for instance. Even though some people become fascinated with art classes while in school, later in life they are usually forced to move towards more scientific fields of work, such as economics or engineering.

In conclusion, scientists and artists both have their ways of contributing to the society. Artists affect people's lives in the spiritual sense, by forming their life views, educating them, or simply by relaxing them when they are tired and exhausted. On the other hand, science affects material side of life, by creating inventions that relieve people of hard work, thus making them have more free time. Science is more appreciated than art in modern society, because science is more precise and easier to understand, while art can be obstruse. Also, science is more important for the country's economy and army, which makes it more interesting for the government.
Maybe all in your mind
All, so, lonely

使用道具 举报

RE: 数百篇TWE高分范文 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经