注册时间
2011-11-6
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-10-16 16:02:48 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
The purpose of television is to educate, not to entertain

The past decade has witnessed the remarkable development of televisions. The prevailing attitudes towards this issue involves that we watch TV for education, not for fun. However, the purpose for education is akin to the Sun its brightness always blinds our eyes. For me, nothing is more evident than that we watch TV primarily for entertainment. In this essay, I will outline the following reasons why I hold the opinion.

Admittedly, some TV programs certainly are full of knowledge, and we can learn a lot from them. We can obtain the history information by watching historical TV programs; gain informaion of cultures through cultural TV programs; and get academic knowledge from educational TV programs. In the modern society, it is safe to say that we could get a large amount of useful knowledge from TV. In this case, we could be educated by television. Nonetheless, that is not to say that the aim of television is to educate.

Actually, comparing to other types of TV programs like movies or TV plays, whose main purpose is to entertain people, these educational TV programs are pretty few. When we open our TV sets, most of the programs are variety shows or TV plays. A research, conducted recently by Chinese Academy of science, revealed that only 13 percent of TV programs are purely for education. Certainly, if the purpose of television is to education, there should have been much more educational programs rather than only 13 percent. Therefore, this claim must be unreliable.

Additional, after a hard day’s work or study, most of us really need some rest, not try to learn something new. For me, when I finish my school tasks, the most desirable thing for me is to watch an enjoyable movie to relax. Granted that I definitely want to get more knowledge, I, tired and sleepy, hate to watch the educational programs, because it would only make me more stressful, which influences my studying efficiency in the next day. In fact, most of my friends prefer to watch something interesting. In this sense, we watch TV for fun, not for education.

Obviously, all the evidence above confirms an undoubted conclusion that the purpose of television is not for education, but for entertaining people. Some one said, “do everything for fun”; I say, “watch TV for entertainment.”
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 写了一篇作文,希望能够得到好心人的帮助批改一下,真的非常感谢! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子