注册时间
2003-12-21
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-3-31 14:01:36 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
It is better the burnt out, than the fade away.
                                   --- Kurt Cobain.

GTER 的XDJM们,syd 回来了!!
机井伺候: 我的 issue 157 另一道 忘了 :eek:
           为了弥补这种罪大恶极的错误,我特地等到一位西南财大的JJ出来,她的题目是 issue 95.
           Argument: 我的是argu152
The following appeared in the editorial section of a health and fitness magazine.

"In a study of the effects of exercise on longevity, medical researchers tracked 500 middle-aged men over a 20-year period. The subjects represented a variety of occupations in several different parts of the country and responded to an annual survey in which they were asked: How often and how strenuously do you exercise? Of those who responded, the men who reported that they engaged in vigorous outdoor exercise nearly every day lived longer than the men who reported that they exercised mildly only once or twice a week. Given the clear link that this study establishes between longevity and exercise, doctors should not recommend moderate exercise to their patients but should instead encourage vigorous outdoor exercise on a daily basis."

哈哈,这个嘛,很不好意思的说,issue 居然是我写过的!! Argu 也不难的说,所以,考的还是相当不错的,估计分别有700和450字。吼吼!!^_^

上午6:30 起床,上了个大号,顺便复习了几道argu,然后就打了个车直奔考场了,到了发现已经有6个人了,FT,然后是抄誓词,感觉是非常非常的恶心,有哪门考试还要宣誓的么。不管了,抄好了就开始等待,这个时候吃了DOVE,没有什么感觉,因为没有喝REDBULL的习惯所以只是早上走的时候喝了一杯nescafe. 这个时候觉得等的无聊,索性去上了个厕所,在2楼,后来的同志注意了。上完回来居然还没有到我照相,于是拿出我的MILD SEVEN 准备考试前再爽一次,刚抽了2口,就到我了,那个male 的矮胖矮胖的考官说:“烟瘾大哦,小伙子。” 我赶紧灭了,冲进去照了相。这里,恩,不得不提一下,这个胖哥似乎色咪咪的,前面的女生他让摆了N久的pose, 到了我就把摄像头瞄了一下就OK了,FT again!!

然后我就冲入了考场,粉红色的隔间,蛮温馨的,我居然被安在了门口,不过既然号码是A,我觉得蛮吉利的,就忍了。 然后是鼠标使用指导,最FT的是完成之后居然出来一个 congratulations!,似乎我会用鼠标也是什么“我的一小步,人类的一大步”嘿嘿。

下面要着重强调一个问题,关于考前调查,众说纷纭,我是挨个填了的,大2(本来就是),父母文化(最低的那个,老爸老妈sorry了哈),关于英语水平的都选最烂的,但是在考试目的上我还是填了for applying graduate school.最后的题目,的确不是太难。个人意见,供参考。

感觉在写的时候还是比较顺利的,我没有用草稿纸,也没有带耳机,那个耳机带了之后会耳鸣的说,所以键盘声嘛,由于我特地到网吧模考过,还专门挑聊QQ的MM坐,所以没有什么不适。建议大家参考这种模考方法。^_^

恩,接下来就是选校了,我选了MIT等牛校,因为牛校是肯定要伸的,烂校说不定就会改变主意,所以嘛,就这么选了。

下面是经验总结部分了,各位同志可以参考一下:

1 备考时间:2个月最合适。这样可以保证看完提纲和必要的联系。

2 备考资料:
2.1 issue 以孙远第4版为开始,看完工具箱,个人感觉没有必要背。我什么都没有背,与其背不如参考GTER的牛人作文和他/她们(习惯了)发的帖子,比如pooh的资料就相当不错的说。
2.2 然后是满分的作文讨论,虽然错误百出,但是毕竟有很多思想在里面,没有思路的时候可以参考,不建议照搬孙远的提纲,避免雷同。我会在最后把我的提纲共享出来, 大家可以参考,转载修改请注明出自寄托天下。
2.3 argument 建议以猴哥为主,有时间的最好全部写一遍提纲(我就是这么做的)。平时练笔10篇左右就行了。
2.4坚决反对任何死板的模版!!当你的issue和argu分别写了15和5篇的时候,模版其实就是你的思维方式了,自己就形成了。According to my bro gdhdanny, 套路才是重要的。
2.5 我的issue 套路:(个人感觉比较成熟,而且适合思考和行文的coherence and consistency.)

开头段 评论题目+ 自己立场
NOWADAYS… THE SPEAKER CONTENDS THAT ….HOWEVER ….ACCORDING TO MY PERSONAL OBSERVATION ….ON BALANCE…ETC.

中间段:
1 TRANSITIONAL WORDS( TO BEGIN WITH ,FIRSTLY等)
2 TS
3 关于TS的展开剖析 IN OTHER WORDS  THAT IS
4 引出例子 FOR INSTANCE… FOR SUPPORTING EXAMPLES ONE NEED LOOK NO FURTHER THAN…ETC
5 例子
6总结例子,照应开头 THIS CASE APTLY ILLUSTRATE THAT + TS.

结尾段 总结上文+照应开头

付上个人认为最能体现我的套路的issue 供理解:
233"Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning."

Nowadays there is a growing concern about the role that innovations have played in the field of learning. While most people think that innovations benefit learning process in various ways, different opinions arise that these technology advancements actually distract students from real learning. On balance, according to my personal observation, whether innovations can be beneficial or detrimental to real learning depends on the students and the teachers, not on these innovations themselves.

To begin with, technological innovations do help teaching and learning in various ways. With the aid of these technologies, the process of teaching and learning can be shorter and easier than before. For instance, if a student want certain published papers of an academic discipline, he/she may look through considerable catalogs to find the ones he/she needs. However, with the help of Internet innovation, at present most of these papers are published online. Consequently, to find certain paper the procedure is much easier and shorter, the students just type the key words and other information of the paper, and then the system will search the database, and the papers are there waiting for them. As this new approach can save a lot of time for the students, he/she could have more time reading the papers and absorbing the knowledge rather than checking and looking for the papers that could be a waste of his/her time. This example aptly illustrates how technology advancement benefited the students and their learning process.

Secondly, while innovations can help learning in various ways, it is more important that the central role of the pursuit for knowledge and wisdoms are maintained. What real matters is not the approach but the purpose of learning. In India, where modern technologies are less applied to the learning process than in the US and other developed countries, still a lot of distinguished students achieved their academic goal with their hard work and desires to knowledge. In the US, where the software engineering students are given the most advanced facilities and apparatus for their learning and research, however, it is wildly accepted that they are far less outstanding compared to the Indian students of software, who may share computers in groups. From this comparison we can see that the real and core push of learning is the desire for knowledge, not the help of innovations.

In addition, if not guided properly, the technology advancement might inhibit learning. In other words, innovation can distract the students from real learning than helping them. It is obvious that a computer can help students of science to calculate mathematical equations but can also be used for recreation such as net surfing or computer games. It is highly possible that these students can spend more time and energy on recreations rather than learning when using a computer. Thus, learning is inhibited. Under this circumstance, guidance and restrictions are needed to ensure the right use of innovations for learning, or the consequence may be on the contrary to the students and teachers' desire.

To conclude, technological innovations are beneficial to learning in many ways, but when using these technologies, one should not forget the real purpose of learning and remember not to be distracted for other usages of these innovations that are irrelevant or detrimental to learning. On balance, innovation here serves as a double-edges sword, and its right use is dependent on the students and the teachers.

2.6 argument 个人认为参考silentwings的就可以了。

3 备考方法
3.1 所有的GRE作文网站,只推荐GTER,权威而且氛围一流。

3.2 作文互改:初期可以大量的互改,从别人的文章中学习用词和承接等语言方面的东西,比如papajohns的,看他的文章可以学习相当好的用词,注意,这种办法的最大好处就是它是你可以达到的语言境界,那些老外的文章的境界是很难也没有必要达到的,而国产牛人的东西你是绝对可以学会的。 Nevertheless, 到了后期,反复的自我修改才是最主要的,一篇练习过的文章至少要修改5到8次,而且要分布在备考后期的不同阶段,着重点分布在文采,内容,逻辑,事例等等,这样的效果比盲目的依靠别人来改要好得多,这里,呵呵,就象我的作文题目:subjective observation. ^_^

3.3 提纲: issue提纲至少写一遍,而且是要尽量每个分论点都付上相关的例子,或者一些想法,不能只是把题目展开成3-4个骨架,而要丰富其内容,否则你的骨架会很快被忘记的。
Argu提纲,时间不够的就不写了。但是一定要看过2遍以上,切记要看题目之后,先自己找错误,再去看猴哥的分析,猴哥的分析以其英文的为佳。
注: 如果你没有思路,又不怕雷同的话,我把我的issue,argu提纲发上来共享,上面有许多错误,仅供参考。若转载或编辑请注明寄托天下出处。

3.4 必读的资料:
a.        element of style
b.        老外280
c.        gter 精华区的资料
d.        pooh的关于行文和架构的资料
e.        孙远的工具箱
f.        新东方自编的20套考题里的作文部分
g.        新概念4

恩,差不多就是这些了,本来考完试就打了个车回来发经的,结果被一群朋友拖出去喝酒,醉到今天上午11点,没有及时发经。对不起今天在成都考的兄弟了。我会上传一些资料给大家的,算是对GTER作文版的回报吧,没有这个地方,考作文是难以想像的。我想,用语言是难以形容我对GTER的感激的,还有GTER的朋友兄弟姐妹们,坚信这一点吧,我们永远是一起的。Moreover, 就像黑狐狸说的,我们是中国的脊梁,是最强的!虽然我们可能失去一些东西,但是,当回首这4年时光的时候,没有人会感到遗憾,因为我们坚强的选择了这条荆棘满布的王者之路!吼吼!!

最后是感谢了,感谢danny哥对我的强大支持,并且陪我走过考G最困难的瓶颈期,兄弟是一辈子的。感谢imong,genie05等版主对gter作文版的无私的奉献,还有两位的鼓励。感谢pooh JJ对我文章的批改,感谢papajohns,coolwits鼻涕,le-sunshine, so猫,silentwings, DriverEntry, apolloxp, Valentiner, kelda, dezhi, cysian, forwww, 十三妖, fishergirl, 小豚,啃哧啃哧啃啃,狒狒,ylyhaha,maniac,Cynthia-01,tinyscintilla,ette,GITER,雪夭,fantasizing,scanner,walis,galaxysong,Yevgraf等等gter所有的朋友们。感谢老爸老妈,感谢收音机人,弱者,杀手,老丘,王二,骆驼,方,zf, 还有我的姐姐没有你们,我不会坚持到现在,谢谢!

将这首coldplay的yellow(http://www.stuhome.net/music/ind ... nger=192&cd=627 ,   第14首 :cool: )送给寄托,送给寄托的所有人,we are one!

Yellow by coldplay for gter.net and all the gters!!

Look at the stars; look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along; I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh what a things I've done
And it was all yellow

And Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know?
You know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across; I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cos you were all yellow

I drew a line; I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

And your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know?
For you I bleed myself dry
For you I bleed myself dry

It's true
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for(you)
Look how they shine

Look at the stars
And all the things that you do

GTER,MY HOME FOREVER AND EVER,I LOVE YOU!

3月31 日,2004。 UESTC,CHENGDU.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-3-10
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2004-3-31 14:24:59 |只看该作者
恭喜,看着大家都解脱了,我也很兴奋的说。

bless
注定 漂泊 人间

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-12-28
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2004-3-31 14:34:54 |只看该作者
祝贺啦!!!
一步步向目标前进中!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-9-1
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 GRE斩浪之魂 Golden Apple

地板
发表于 2004-3-31 14:36:28 |只看该作者
看来考的不错,恭喜恭喜。:)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-7-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-3-31 14:43:42 |只看该作者
不错不错!~恭喜一下的说!~~:)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-6-8
精华
帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 梦舞槿樱 2015 US-applicant 寄托之心勋章 Libra天秤座 在任资深版主 Sub luck 读书种子 寄托16周年纪念勋章

发表于 2004-3-31 15:13:58 |只看该作者
谢谢分享。
继续努力哦。
:)
用空也回来帮帮其他的GTER吧,谢先。
以上言论仅代表个人观点

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-12-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-3-31 15:33:22 |只看该作者
谢谢 恭喜

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-2-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-3-31 16:27:29 |只看该作者
gxgx

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-3-7
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-3-31 16:33:09 |只看该作者
强烈地,用四肢顶。
谢谢分享!!!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-3-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-3-31 17:27:49 |只看该作者
看来牛dd考得很不错的说~~还是个烟瘾大的小伙子~~哈哈黑
恭喜!
别再搜我帖子了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-2-29
精华
帖子

Gemini双子座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-3-31 19:33:17 |只看该作者
恭喜syd啊~看来考得很不错~
Bless我们四月的GTER们也都能像你一样发挥正常,考试顺利。:)
寄托天下 美食天下
欢迎各位闻香而来

This is my way, where is yours?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-7-14
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Sub luck

发表于 2004-3-31 19:41:39 |只看该作者
礼拜一的时候我早上八点到晚上九点的课外加这个礼拜都在连赶3个paper
抱歉啦

希望有个满意的成绩呢。:)
Rien de réel ne peut être menacé.
Rien d'irréel n'existe.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-2-22
精华
帖子

Libra天秤座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-3-31 19:46:26 |只看该作者
恭喜!
看来考得很好,呵呵,继续努力呀!
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky!

坚强 是无论面前是高山还是海洋
都能始终执着的去追求心中的梦想~~~~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-10-31
精华
帖子

Aries白羊座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-3-31 20:02:00 |只看该作者
恩那 看来比偶强满多的说~~~~~