2016-8-1
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2016-8-6 23:14:15 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 粳米粥 于 2016-8-6 23:15 编辑

说下基本情况,大专中药毕业3年,女,未婚,申请的是普通的私立大学双录取,发的i20是语言的。1000因214b被拒
1)What will you study in the United States?
I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. when i complete my esl study.

2)What is your major? In what aspect of your major will you study?
I will study biomedical sciences for my Bachelor’s degree at XXX  uni. ,when i complete my esl study.This program can also be called medical technology,also known as clinical laboratory science. this is a critical part of health care. I will study Clinical Immunology and Serology,Clinical Bacteriology with Lab,Molecular Biology,Clinical Hematology and Hemostasis,Clinical Immunohematology,Urinalysis and Body Fluids,Parasitology,Medical,Mycology,Clinical Chemistry ,Clincal Laboratory Operations.

3) What will you do in USA?
I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.

4) Are you going to study in USA?
yes.I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. ,when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.

5) When/where did you get your BS/MS?
I used to study traditional Chinese Medicine in junior college,but the junior college can’t offer the Bachelor’s degree.

6) What/where are you studying now?
已毕业3年,这个不会问- -

7) How long will you study in USA?
About 4-5 years.if i work hard i can complete my esl study within a shorter time.

8) Have you any scholarship?
No.

9) What do you want to study in USA?
I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. ,when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.

10) What do you do with your work for BS/MS/PhD?
15) Give me three reasons that you will come back to China?
16) Can you explain why 90% Chinese students didn't come back?
这3个没什么思路。求大神指教orz

11) What is your purpose for the visa?
I need a F-1 visa in order to study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. ,when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.

12) What is your academic background?
I used to study traditional Chinese Medicine(中药) in junior college,but the junior college can’t offer the Bachelor’s degree.

13) How do you know this Univ.?
朋友介绍的。求大神指教下这个问题怎么回答比较好呢.

14) What is your plan? What will you do after graduation?
My career objective is to be a laboratorian director in china.So I will come back to china when i get my Bachelor’s degree,then i plan to find a position in clinical laboratory of hospital,at the same time,i will prepare to take the medical technologists’ examination.The examination is divided into junior, intermediate, deputy senior, senior.I must start from the junior to the senior one by one.this will help me to be a laboratorian director finally.

17) Why do you choose this Univ.?
First of all,i want to study biomedical science,and XXX uni. is one of the best school in my choice.second,Science courses are offered in the Franciscan Center, a new science building featuring state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment where students and faculty design and carry out innovative research projects.And also I like the weather of livonia.

18) Why do you like your major?
First of all,i always want to study in depth knowledge of health and disease.And I really enjoy doing experiments.As for my major, it will be very easy for me to find a good job in any of the big cities in china with my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical science got in the United States. You see, it is a practical major.

19) Why do you want to study in USA?
everyone know that America is the most advanced country in the world in the field of medicine.whether medical technology or medical facilities are in the forefront of the world.then the quality of education is also the best in the world. The number and coverage of courses is amazing.i can study the most up-to-date technology and theories in the field.

20) Why do you want to pursue a doctor's degree?
这个问题会换个问法问吗?本科需要回答这类问题吗?

22) What is the difficult class do you have?
Propablly Molecular Biology.which includes a comprehensive overview of prokaryotic and eukaryotic genome structure and function examined through the lens of molecular biotechnology, with practical application of molecular biology techniques in the laboratory.

25) What's the difference between your major now and the major in USA?
One is Chinese traditional medicine, one is western medicine.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2015-2-11
精华
帖子

2015 US-applicant 美版2016offer达人 寄托16周年纪念勋章 在任资深版主

沙发
发表于 2016-8-7 02:10:01 |只看该作者
说下基本情况,大专中药毕业3年,女,未婚,申请的是普通的私立大学双录取,发的i20是语言的。1000因214b被拒
申请难度绝对属于A+级别的,建议认真准备;
1)What will you study in the United States?
I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. when i complete my esl study.
and come back for a job in 本地的一个中医院(要有具体名字),一来与你大专学历结合,而来本地的是因为离家方便,女孩子顾家依恋家乡,照顾父母是很正常的;
2)What is your major? In what aspect of your major will you study?
I will study biomedical sciences for my Bachelor’s degree at XXX  uni. ,when i complete my esl study.This program can also be called medical technology,also known as clinical laboratory science. this is a critical part of health care. I will study Clinical Immunology and Serology,Clinical Bacteriology with Lab,Molecular Biology,Clinical Hematology and Hemostasis,Clinical Immunohematology,Urinalysis and Body Fluids,Parasitology,Medical,Mycology,Clinical Chemistry ,Clincal Laboratory Operations.
乱七八糟的jargon太多了,VO肯定会打断你。直接先说major is 什么,与I20和DS160要保持一致。至于aspect:

- 首先不用说这么多,你就说clinical immuniology就行了,然后大概描述一下你构想当中的工作内容,一句话就行,自己想好怎么组织;

- 你这个我真的觉得你没有认真准备,我真都想不到比你这个专业状况更适合展开回国意向的case了,学CS的都要羡慕哭了好吗:你之前大专学习的是中医药,然后现在过去学习临床免疫,那么你的两段教育经历可以结合到一起,体现在你准备找本地中医药医院比如一个什么样的工作,搞免疫的,还是搞生物研究什么的。屠呦呦不是刚因为青蒿素能够防治疟疾而拿到诺贝尔吗,你就说现在带动了国家对于中医药防止防疫研究的大力扶持(网上找找有没有材料,不行就找各医院医生或者领导写一封证明有此趋势的证明信),你学成归来的时候国内的相关研究刚好成熟,你到时候作为海归形成新鲜血液注入力量,blah blah,这些东西自己都得想的说啊。

3) What will you do in USA?
I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.  and come back for 什么 job in 什么 医院 in my hometown city 什么什么;
try to be less explicit;

4) Are you going to study in USA?
yes.I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. ,when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.
同上
5) When/where did you get your BS/MS?
I used to study traditional Chinese Medicine in junior college,but the junior college can’t offer the Bachelor’s degree.
完全没有答对问题。你只要交代,我以前在这里上了个大专,是这个专业,拿了这个学位。我工作几年,认为想做什么工作,然后结合一些事情,留学很有必要,尤其是这个学校的这个program格外符合我的人生的overall plan。
介于你没有bachelor学位,你也可以说这个美国本科项目的附带好处是可以让我拥有一个legitimate bachelor degree。出国之前我只有大专,比大多数的中国本科生都要弱,出国之后我将强于他们当中的绝大多数,增强了personal competence and qualification.

6) What/where are you studying now?
已毕业3年,这个不会问- -
但是你这三年干了什么,VO很可能会问,而且你要解释你这其中的哪些经历导致你认为你留学有必要,尤其是年龄这么大,不结婚,放弃工作,跑出去还是读个本科,这些你都要做出合理解释。
7) How long will you study in USA?
About 4-5 years.if i work hard i can complete my esl study within a shorter time.
What will you do after your study in USA?这个才是VO真正想要了解的,你拿着I20不是去读书的还能是去干什么的呢。
8) Have you any scholarship?
No.
这个问题考察的是funding,你有没有足够的钱支撑你的学习,至于怎样证明你有足够的钱支撑学习,自己百度看看别人是怎么做的,存款房产工作证明什么的。你这个问题想的 太简单了。
9) What do you want to study in USA?
I will study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. ,when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.

10) What do you do with your work for BS/MS/PhD?
没看懂这问题什么意思;
15) Give me three reasons that you will come back to China?
前面说过了,无非是专业在国内前景更好,尤其是结合一些事情,然后父母年老,你不放心之类的,自己再编一个;
16) Can you explain why 90% Chinese students didn't come back?
Because 他们的专业在国内的前景没有我的这么好,然后把上面那些继续再吹一遍。VO does not care about the majority, he cares about you.

11) What is your purpose for the visa?
I need a F-1 visa in order to study for my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences at XXX uni. ,when i complete my esl study.I plan to finish my study in about 5 years and then come back to china.
要visa是为了去这个学校学这个major,然后是为了服务于我在哪里找什么样的工作的人生计划;
12) What is your academic background?
I used to study traditional Chinese Medicine(中药) in junior college,but the junior college can’t offer the Bachelor’s degree.
不要过于急于粉饰自己的短板,自信做出解释然后转移到阐述自己优点和未来规划就行了。细看我另一个帖子。
13) How do you know this Univ.?
朋友介绍的。求大神指教下这个问题怎么回答比较好呢.
自己想,自己的专业,自己马上要去的学校,谁能比你了解的更清楚。不要提什么城市好,风景好,生活好就行了,一切围绕学习。
14) What is your plan? What will you do after graduation?
My career objective is to be a laboratorian director in china.So I will come back to china when i get my Bachelor’s degree,then i plan to find a position in clinical laboratory of hospital,at the same time,i will prepare to take the medical technologists’ examination before I am qualified enough for the director position.The examination is divided into junior, intermediate, deputy senior, senior.I must start from the junior to the senior one by one.this will help me to be a laboratorian director finally. 这些是废话;
你缺少两个点:

- 如上所述,列出本地的一些具体的医院名称,并且打印一点他们的资料。如果你能够在他们的一些科室里面找到一些有留美背景的大佬的资料,打印出来是更好的,算作precedence;

- 你这个program是怎样服务于你的plan的呢?也就是说为什么你这个plan after graduation will succeed?自己组织一下,一句话讲清楚。

17) Why do you choose this Univ.?
First of all,i want to study biomedical science,and XXX uni. is one of the best school in my choice.second,Science courses are offered in the Franciscan Center, a new science building featuring state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment where students and faculty design and carry out innovative research projects.And also I like the weather of livonia.枪口
理由太宽泛了,dig deeper。
18) Why do you like your major?
First of all,i always want to study in depth knowledge of health and disease Does it concern your major? .And I really enjoy doing experiments.As for my major, it will be very easy for me to find a good job in any of the big cities in china with my Bachelor’s degree in biomedical science got in the United States. You see, it is a practical major.
几乎没有说服力,拿个美国本科就能稳稳找到工作,VO会信吗?VO都是中国通,现在那么多海归回来就在家打酱油,VO太清楚了。结合我之前说的那些,好好组织。
19) Why do you want to study in USA?
everyone know that America is the most advanced country in the world in the field of medicine.whether medical technology or medical facilities are in the forefront of the world.then the quality of education is also the best in the world. The number and coverage of courses is amazing.i can study the most up-to-date technology and theories in the field.
还是太宽泛了,算一下,你比一个正常的本科生已经晚入学了七年,你还是一个有工作经验的人,结果你说出来的理由还是跟一个innocent senior high graduate说出来的理由一样的宽泛,很容易被VO攻击。首先你要思考的是你具体要一个什么领域的什么岗位,然后你的学习会,要么对于这个领域,有独到的优势,要么对于锻炼你对于这个岗位的职业技能的preparation,有独到的优势。
20) Why do you want to pursue a doctor's degree?
这个问题会换个问法问吗?本科需要回答这类问题吗?
degree;
22) What is the difficult class do you have?
Propablly Molecular Biology because it required deep 什么什么 understanding and mastery.which includes a comprehensive overview of prokaryotic and eukaryotic genome structure and function examined through the lens of molecular biotechnology, with practical application of molecular biology techniques in the laboratory.But I managed to get a satisfactory score in that course anyway. When I encountered the difficulty, I tried to seek help from my professors. They have been helpful but in a limited way, since they are really busy due to the overwhelming student-to-professor rate in Chinese Universities. I am expecting much more personal communication opportunities from my American program instead.
你扯一堆专有名词只会带来VO不屑的表情。按照我这个思路,顺道把why I choose this university or why USA university又暗示了一下。

25) What's the difference between your major now and the major in USA?
One is Chinese traditional medicine, one is western medicine.
就没了啊?你有想过VO为什么问你这个问题吗?是因为他对医药行业很感兴趣吗?
你后面要追加解释,despite their difference, there is a deeper opportunity for integration between them(这一句引发一点悬念,防治VO打断你)。然后后面就是怎样这两个专业相辅相成会让你在中国更容易在什么行业什么医院什么职位上变得很屌。

除了这些问题,你有很多一定要好好准备的问题:

- 上次为什么拒签?

- 这么大年纪不结婚,晚了7年还去读本科?不想结婚吗?还是想去美国结婚?国内现在谈了对象没有?

- 你上的是私立大学,钱够不够?全部是你的父母出吗?你自己工作三年一点积蓄都没有?你这个人很没谱啊。

- 这三年干了什么?工作吗?那么现在辞职了吗?什么时候开始规划出国的?如果规划的早,为什么语言考试没有考出来,还要过去学语言?你学习能力够吗(尤其是你年龄也大,怀疑你很合理);

- 为什么选择读本科而不是选择读研究生?(这个你自己好好想,这个问题如果被问到,基本是杀招);

- 为什么当初刚刚大专毕业的时候不选择立刻出国?

- 如果是为了追求再教育,为什么现在不愿意选择国内的学校?你语言也不好,申请国内学校不比申请美国学校简单吗?

好好准备吧,签证没有天注定,只有人姑息,不要越错越深。
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
babybluelynn + 1 不能更认同

总评分: 声望 + 1   查看全部投币

有问题请版区提问, 私信不保证有时间回复
使领馆扫地僧说过:非移民签证基本看印象,移民签证基本看材料.
健康阳光自信的印象可以大幅降低 VO 提问和发难的欲望.
拒签多少次,有多少硬伤,下一次都有水过的可能,签证是件小事,相信自己才是大事.

Informative Posts:
大龄,未婚女,语言,有 gap,有拒签历史
【F1疑难杂症面签攻略】之国内已经有研究硕士学位,去美国读同专业授课硕士
敏感户口
成绩不好,有 quit 经历,拒签史
毕业gap多年,语言表达缺陷,准备不足,F1
【F1疑难杂症面签攻略】之在美国有亲戚的10岁小孩怎样面签?
大龄,有 gap, 之前有健康原因导致的drop out记录

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2016-8-1
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2016-8-7 11:50:13 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 粳米粥 于 2016-8-7 13:04 编辑

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2016-8-1
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2016-8-7 13:03:51 |只看该作者
gterlann 发表于 2016-8-7 02:10
说下基本情况,大专中药毕业3年,女,未婚,申请的是普通的私立大学双录取,发的i20是语言的。1000因214b被 ...

膜拜之,还以为回答的还可以,想不到这么多问题。多谢大神指教!
首先再详细说下自己的情况。
1.大专中药毕业3年,女25岁,未婚,申请的是普通的私立大学双录取,发的i20是语言的,offer信有写biomedical science,咨询过顾问说ds160的表格可以写biomedical,所以我写的是biomedical。

2.工作经历。都是无合同的医院药房工作,所以ds160里没有体现,写的是现在在家族事业工作,以前无。

3.拒签经历:
vo:您好
me:good morning
vo:good morning。give me your i20
me:here,it‘s
vo:what will u do in usa
me:i want to study medical technology at XXX Univ. in MI.
vo:Why do you choose this Univ.?或者Why do you choose this major?太紧张,没听清最后一个词。。。
me:下意识就立刻回答了,我太紧张就会这样。Because XXX university is great for medical science,i can study the most up-to-date technology and theories in the field and the school facilities and technology are great.
it's a private Catholic University, so the style of study should be good and safe.
vo:看电脑,敲键盘
me:。。。
vo:sorry。。。
me:thank u

4. 为什么选择读本科而不是选择读研究生?(这个你自己好好想,这个问题如果被问到,基本是杀招);
大专中药还能申请研究生啊?我当初是和学校说的要报研究生,但是学校说不行,只能读本科然后转学分。

5.这么大年纪不结婚,晚了7年还去读本科?不想结婚吗?还是想去美国结婚?国内现在谈了对象没有?
没有对象,这个是硬伤,我已经没招了。

6.你上的是私立大学,钱够不够?全部是你的父母出吗?你自己工作三年一点积蓄都没有?你这个人很没谱啊。
资金充足,父母资助。原来在外地打拼的,没存下多少钱,都上交父母了。。。

7.这三年干了什么?工作吗?那么现在辞职了吗?什么时候开始规划出国的?如果规划的早,为什么语言考试没有考出来,还要过去学语言?你学习能力够吗(尤其是你年龄也大,怀疑你很合理);
现在在家族事业(与专业无关),不需要辞职。今年4月才开始申请大学。

8.为什么当初刚刚大专毕业的时候不选择立刻出国?
家里认为一个人出国不安全,现在是正好有个好朋友也在这学校。(在美国一个亲戚都没的)

9.如果是为了追求再教育,为什么现在不愿意选择国内的学校?你语言也不好,申请国内学校不比申请美国学校简单吗?
申请美国学校不用入学考试0-0

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2015-2-11
精华
帖子

发表于 2016-8-7 15:29:00 |只看该作者
粳米粥 发表于 2016-8-7 13:03
膜拜之,还以为回答的还可以,想不到这么多问题。多谢大神指教!
首先再详细说下自己的情况。
1.大专中 ...

大专那个我查了一下,还真的是不可以的。不过要准备被vo问到为什么在国内没有专升本,或者成人高考转本之后申请研究生。

我看了一下你这个回答,写的还是太草率了,你的所有问题的回答的组织,一定要体现亮点暗示:我留学合理且有必要,我会回国。你不要要么就能不说就不说,要么就流水账一样一笔带过。

自己仔细看看我上面写的内容,不要看一遍就过了,我为什么要这样写?vo为什么喜欢这样听?以及我另外一个帖子关于第二硕士的,对你也有参考。我看了你这一楼写的东西,我感觉你现在最大的问题是还是没有开始思考。你这个这么困难的case,决定自己diy了,还几乎没有什么思考,我觉得你还是再好好检讨一下自己。多的我也不打了,我自己本身这两天就很苦逼,半夜打了那么多字希望你好好咂摸清楚。现在再打多少字,我感觉你估计还是跟看微信一样一扫而过。

思考,为自己负责,我就算讲了一堆,最后你还是没过,对我是没什么影响,我照样在这里当版主,误人子弟;你呢?我自己准备签证时期,不知道看过多少自己不上心最后多次美签拒签,最后一年后开始发帖咨询加拿大签证,澳签的楼主。

签证是你自己的事情,gear up now

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2015-2-11
精华
帖子

发表于 2016-8-7 16:10:49 |只看该作者
另外这段时间练练口语,每天朗读托福作文就可以,你本身就准备不充分,加上是紧张体质,到时候如果现场口语不过关很可能第一印象给vo就不好。现在很多水过的f1签基本都是靠的第一印象表情放松自信,口语流利自然

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2016-8-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2016-8-7 16:29:46 |只看该作者
gterlann 发表于 2016-8-7 16:10
另外这段时间练练口语,每天朗读托福作文就可以,你本身就准备不充分,加上是紧张体质,到时候如果现场口语 ...

先谢谢版主半夜辛苦指教。确实给了我很大的帮助的。
这楼并不是回答vo的,就是单纯回答下版主的问题,具体思路还在整。:p
目前对于回国计划刚想到结合2个专业在中医药研究所或中医院实验室谋职,同时开始进修国内的中医或中药的研究生。
目前在网上找到一份政府针对中医药的政策-----中医药创新发展规划纲要(2006-2020年),里面有提到对于中医药研究的支持,整份全打印出来内容在十几页左右,我想问下版主是全打印再画出需要的部分还是直接打印有用的部分内容呢?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2015-2-11
精华
帖子

发表于 2016-8-7 17:16:03 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 gterlann 于 2016-8-7 17:17 编辑
粳米粥 发表于 2016-8-7 16:29
先谢谢版主半夜辛苦指教。确实给了我很大的帮助的。
这楼并不是回答vo的,就是单纯回答下版主的问题,具 ...

可以全打印,但是自己要用荧光笔划出你希望VO看到的,或者提纲挈领的东西,VO看一份材料的时间一般不超过10秒,你自己模拟一下你10秒内随手翻翻能看到多少内容,然后allocate this amount。这个适用于所有材料的整理。

另外材料的提出时机要参考我的另一个帖子,不要面签完了到时候觉得“VO怎么不看我材料呢”

口语不要大意,我自认为口语还算可以的,但是面签前一个月我每天都要读三到五篇作文,为的就是锻炼口腔肌肉的肌肉记忆。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2016-8-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2016-8-7 17:40:13 |只看该作者
gterlann 发表于 2016-8-7 17:16
可以全打印,但是自己要用荧光笔划出你希望VO看到的,或者提纲挈领的东西,VO看一份材料的时间一般不超 ...

:hug::hug:好的。我知道了。谢谢版主。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2016-8-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2016-8-11 20:31:50 |只看该作者
gterlann 发表于 2016-8-7 17:16
可以全打印,但是自己要用荧光笔划出你希望VO看到的,或者提纲挈领的东西,VO看一份材料的时间一般不超 ...

报告版主,多亏了版主的谆谆教导,我面签通过啦!!!非常感谢版主!!!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2015-2-11
精华
帖子

发表于 2016-8-11 21:47:16 |只看该作者
粳米粥 发表于 2016-8-11 20:31
报告版主,多亏了版主的谆谆教导,我面签通过啦!!!非常感谢版主!!!