寄托币
注册时间
2004-6-15
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-11-16 21:16:32 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
When I first saw the live show that Rover “spirit” shuttled precisely and flexibly through the bumpy surface on Mars, my thought resonated with those of crews who designed the explorer cooperatively. It is a really exciting and significant moment for me because this technology not only advances the human spectrum into a much higher level, but also makes me share the passion and pride to create an control and intelligent system with perfect performance, which is my academic target in the perspective Ph.D studies.

After profoundly tracing back my past three-year undergraduate life in XXX University, I evaluate reasonably that my interest and understanding about the control and intelligent system have been developed in three phases. In these differe phases, relevantly different learning methods have been found out and the extra-curriculum knowledge have been introduced in my studying range. Also, the process is like climbing a ladder, step by step, but finally reach a peak and a whole picture surfaces, so is my mastery about the architecture of the intelligent system.

The first one is just after the initiating course Circuit Analysis. Although it is my first touch about the system and of course, it can’t stand for the connotation of “intelligent”, it stimulated my appetite for the mystery of system for the first time. I feel zealous about the circuit modules with some specific function, analyzing them and synthetize them into a new and complicated module with superior functions. Like a surgeon learning anthropotomy, I accumulated many typical circuit modules, create a new system by logically organizing them and shared them with my classmates in great pride. However, that extent of my academic cognization and ability was merely a start, not embodying the “intelligent” concept and spirit profoundly and conprehensively.

The innovative progress of my understanding about the intelligent system occurred in the second phase in my sophomore year. It is a mutual development combining theoretical unstanding with pratical experience. Under the encourgement of my tuitor, I learned Principle of Microprocessor by myself with sustaining dilligence and confidence, referring to related literatures in library and launching many projects afterwards. Subsequently, I realized that between two components of an intelligent system, hareware and software, a mutul-reliance relationship exists and sometime it is a contradiction: one becomes simpler, the other complicates and vice versa. In my mind, a designer of an intelligent system should be dedicated to the coordination between them, effienctly and effectively. We developers share a paralleling task with MBA, handling all kinds of system resources with anticipating talent, serious attitude and infinite patience. Thus, I facilitated myself from hardware and software. I became an experiment assistant in my junior year and was assigned designing of a step-motor’s driven system. After altering chips for countless times, I finally adopt a “principal and subordinate” strategy to construct the hardware system. The main processor is responsible for the arithematic and interface and perphery microprocessors perform as a detector and executor. As for the software, the same project provided me a fruitful experience- making clear software hierarchy. This year’s National Undergraduate Electronics Design Contest (NUEDC) gives me this opportunity to apply the thought into practice. It is about a robot which can draw any line style and can trace an uncertain routine. My team allocate its software system into 3 levels to ensure its stable and precise performance. The tracing-road arithematic is my creation, it’s actually an logical table to cover all action senarios. Under our joint-effort, we finally win the Nation First Grade prize, 2% out of all participants.

I never neglect the mathematical method to describe a control and intelligent system, which is my third probing phase. The course Auto control theory enlighten me that we can optimize a control system by meliorating its mathematic model. Thus, I engage in the learning of engineering application of mathematics and won the Honorable Mention prize in 2005 American Undergraduate Mathematic Model Contest. In this year, I assisted my tuitor to find a new method-fuzzy control method to describe an water tank with uncertain input system, computing fuzzy data and publish the relate theory in my first paper.

The control and intelligent direction has full potential in wide interdispline application. It can and has ignited my probing inqusitiveness, leaving me keep the curiosity about the system and spur me to further my intellectual development into a much higher level, which is my reason to earn a Ph.D degree. Founding an intelligent system requires creativity, cooperation, enourge and a reasonable mind, which is always cherished and pursued by me. In the graduate handbook, I got to know your university provides so many interdiscipline programs about control,  intelligent system and robots. They are a platform for me to realize my dream to create. Based on my understanding and practical experience about control and intelligent system, I believe, I am more capable of working in the research program in control theory, embedded system and robots. After years studying, and when I become a system design engineer, I will also taste the unforgetable happiness like the crews of Mars rover design project.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-3-19
精华
帖子

Virgo处女座 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2005-11-16 22:52:35 |只看该作者
A little longer...