寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-25
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-3-29 23:44:15 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
TOPIC: ISSUE130 - "How children are socialized today determines the destiny of society. Unfortunately, we have not yet learned how to raise children who can help bring about a better society."
WORDS: 479          TIME: 2:35:44          DATE: 2007-3-29

提纲:1、开头:基本不同意作者观点。
      2、社会的命运是由多方面决定的。
      3、孩子是否可以建设更好的社会是由怎样的社会才算最好决定的。
      4、总结:社会命运由多方面决定,孩子是否能建设一个更好的社会就交给历史去裁判。

According to the statement, the speaker claims that the destiny of society depended on the extent of the socialization of children today and that we have not yet learned to raise children properly that make them to help bring about a better society. I tend to disagree with both aspect of this claim. Firstly, how children are socialized is not the most important factor which decides the destiny of society and secondly, in my viewpoint, whether children raised today can build a better society depends on the definition of "better".

Admittedly, socialization of children is one of the factors which determines whether it is good society, because it is these children that will take over the mission to make our society better, and a socialized children may understanding the society better and do more excellent than those are not.

However, the destiny of society is determined by many factors such as policies of government, enterprises to support economy, without which we may not have the well-organized society like today. Apt examples involve the New Deal implement by Roosevelt, which help America to overcome its depression and retrieval the country. Beside politics, Bill Gates and his Microsoft Corporation also have a great contribution to the development of economy in American society, and so does Picasso and his impressionism in the area of culture. All of these also are equally crucial ingredients with the socialization of children in determining the social destiny, and they affect different aspects of the society, so there is no more important one than the others.

Consider the next claim of the speaker that we have not yet learned how to raise children as bringing about a better society, in my opinion it depends on the definition of "better society". Undoubtedly, everybody has his own expectation of it, and if we define the "better society" as greater tolerance of differing viewpoints and people who are different from ourselves, greater respect for individual rights, greater development on the science and greater cooperation across cultural and national boundaries, then, I think the children of the most recent half-century are creating a better society. Education nowadays is focus on knowledge and sense, competition and cooperation, skepticism and tolerance. Children today will learn inoculations to cure diseases, classics of another culture, using laws to protect themselves, and so on. They may use these abilities they have learnt to serve for the society and to make it better and better. Although there may be some insufficiencies in the education nowadays, it will not affect the overall situation greatly. Yet, it does not mean parents and educators need not prevent children from the dregs of the society like violence. And a judgment of history may be candid, since we do not have a standard to scale whether the society today is better or worse.

To sum up, I concede that socialization will do good to children in some aspects, however, I disagree with the speaker that socialization of children will determine the destiny of society, and about the question if our children has abilities to bring about a better society, it depends, leaving it to afterworld may be more equity.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-12-13
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-3-30 19:44:46 |只看该作者
According to the statement, the speaker claims that the destiny of society depended on the extent of the socialization of children today and that we have not yet learned to raise children properly that make them to help bring about a better society. I tend to disagree with both aspect of this claim. Firstly, how children are socialized is not the most important factor which decides the destiny of society and secondly, in my viewpoint, whether children raised today can build a better society depends on the definition of "better".(开头的形式很好,既表明了自己的态度,也说明了原因。)

Admittedly, socialization of children is one of the factors which determines whether it is good society, because it is these children that will take over the mission to make our society better, and a socialized children may understanding the society better and do more excellent than those are not.

However, the destiny of society is determined by many factors such as policies of government, enterprises to support economy, without which we may not have the well-organized society like today. Apt examples involve the New Deal implement by Roosevelt, which help America to overcome its depression and retrieval the country. Beside politics, Bill Gates and his Microsoft Corporation also have a great contribution to the development of economy in American society, and so does Picasso and his impressionism in the area of culture. All of these also are equally crucial ingredients with the socialization of children in determining the social destiny, and they affect different aspects of the society, so there is no more important one than the others.

Consider the next claim of the speaker that we have not yet learned how to raise children as bringing about a better society, in my opinion it depends on the definition of "better society". Undoubtedly, everybody has his own expectation of it, and if we define the "better society" as greater tolerance of differing viewpoints and people who are different from ourselves, greater respect for individual rights, greater development on the science and greater cooperation across cultural and national boundaries, then, I think the children of the most recent half-century are creating a better society. Education nowadays is focus on knowledge and sense, competition and cooperation, skepticism and tolerance. Children today will learn inoculations to cure diseases, classics of another culture, using laws to protect themselves, and so on. They may use these abilities they have learnt to serve for the society and to make it better and better. Although there may be some insufficiencies in the education nowadays, it will not affect the overall situation greatly. Yet, it does not mean parents and educators need not prevent children from the dregs of the society like violence. And a judgment of history may be candid, since we do not have a standard to scale whether the society today is better or worse.(论述很完整)

To sum up, I concede that socialization will do good to children in some aspects, however, I disagree with the speaker that socialization of children will determine the destiny of society, and about the question if our children has abilities to bring about a better society, it depends, leaving it to afterworld may be more equity.

lz英语水平确实高,语言很好,我要好好向你学学,我的i很烂,所以对你的i改的地方很少还望lz不要见怪,只是提醒lz一下,如果你很快就要考试的话,注意一下时间吧,考场上可是没有那么多时间让你思考的。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-2-25
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-3-31 20:12:30 |只看该作者
谢谢你的意见,我是4月底考的,所以打算先练10篇不限时的再限时练~
一起加油吧~

使用道具 举报