声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 11:00:02 |只看该作者
试着点评一下 :-)

上个月一个同学去签证,后来一直没消息。我们都以为她过了,谁知昨晚她从家回来说被拒了.........打听了一下经过。上月在上海全奖被拒,麻烦版主帮忙分析一下,我是看不出来是啥原因了
按完指纹后,
vo:What will you do in USA?
S:go to the university ** to pursuit my doctoral degree in transportation. The university is strong in this area and its phd program matches my interest, academic background and my career goal well. (vo一直低头不理) 后半句确实答非所问

vo:Whatwill you study?
S: I will concencrate on transportation science. I think this area will become hotter and hotter in china because of China’s increasingly terrible traffic conditions.  同上
vo:What is your graduate major?
S: applied math. i specilize in operations research
vo:so you are changing your major. Why are you interested in this major?
S:I think this major would have a bright future in china. China will need more transportation professionals like me to address its traffic problem. And this major is an important application of what I have learned before. Moreover, my former advisor specilizes in this major. I begun to doing research on this area two years ago.(被打断。。。)

VO在此处已经开始有厌烦china假大空理由的迹象了!China need,advisor 的影响,这些都是客观因素,VO希望听到你自己的东西...转专业是敏感的,这里是个很好的chance解释自己为什么转专业--但必须从自己的研究兴趣角度出发,而不是什么hot就学什么。

vo:why this univ?
S:the university is strong in this area and it even has a center for it.
Its phd program matches my interest and academic background. My future advisor is a renowned Chinese scholar. I think I can learn more knowledge and get more research experience from him. Moreover, his(被打断。。。)
无语,VO越来越不耐烦背书了。。。
the univeristy .vo:what are you doing now? what is your position?
S:I left campus only two months ago. And I am doing some research work on operations research and transportation with my former advisor. I am engaged in a national research project.
vo:so...you are unemployed now....do u have your transcripts?.. and resume. And your offer letter.
这里VO就开始怀疑移民倾向了。一般来说,unemployed不是好事,给人一心一意出国的感觉。在这里我觉得有必要解释一下
No corp.would like to employ a student for only two months! Moreover, I also want to prepare better for my future Phd career
So i have been keeping in xxxxx project ...

S:Yes, here are the transcripts from all the universities i have attended and my resume offer letter.
vo:边看边问what will you do after graduation?
老毛病,背书,假大空,全是客观原因,你自己的主观原因呢?
中国再怎么发展,你一定会回来么?more details...
S:I will come back to china and find a position as a researcher or professor in university. China is paying more attention to its traffic problems nowadays. And China’s transportation is becoming an important focus of investment.  China will need more professionals to manage its transportation infrastructures and systems. So there would be more opportunities for me in china.(被打断...)
vo:why do you think you will not have opportunities in US?
这个问题其实是VO对你上个问题回答不满,再给一次机会。很可惜没有抓住。
依然是在假大空的背书。我不得不说,其实这个vo比较nice了。后面的问题其实都没有意义,在这的回答,基本就已经要悲剧了。
这样的回答,我可以一个字不改的搬到任何一份归国计划里面去。如此毫无特色的答案,如何让人信服呢?
回答归国计划应该紧紧抠着“技术在米国,市场在中国”的思路。
也就是说,如果你在国内也能达到学习的目的,VO完全可以劝你 U‘d better stay in China。
如果米国也有这个市场,VO不会相信你会回中国。

SO,建议(以下全是杜撰,我并不知道OR和transportation有什么必然联系)
1 Not a major change... I wanna focus in the mathematical model of Transportation--yeah, that's what I accmulated in previous Operation Reseaches--Do u know what's mathematical model of OR? it is such as xxxx , and xxxxxx(比如如何shedule啊 用大白话,举例). U can see, it has lots of similarity with Transpoation and more applications--such as traffic schedule(瞎编的,汗)! How cool if I can apply my knowledge in OR to do something for transportation trafic(乱编的,汗,要的就是transportation的detail)!

2 Why this university? wow, so many universitis have transportation major, but very few university's transporataion program place mathematical model background(瞎编,还是一个字,detail,自己的dd) so much as xxxx univeristy! It suits & support my research interest very much.(强调few,强调uniqueness,强调“技术在米国”)

3 it is my research plan that determines I will return China. To be honest, transportation is very hot in USA, but it is refered to xxxxxx(随便举个确实很热的,vo也知道的来博得vo的认同感),not my mathematcal model field(or编个更专业生冷的vo不太了解的)-it is not Industry-Oriented, (it is more theoretical,编吧~) The best way out of my field is to search a research position in R&D in China--(啥在美国我最多不过就是当个assistant,而且我心爱的方向还无用武之地),但在中国,The interaction between Transportation xxx field and basic mathe xxx is not as mature as USA,随便再加点什么未来五年更加急需更加拉大差距啥的. I will be a media between the math basic research and transporatation industry(纯属乱编)--be a irreplacable gap filler! Can I let this precious opportunity go? (嗯,market在中国)

以上只是举例,每一句说求学动机,当中都有归国的计划。每一步的归国计划,都无法和你的专业分割开来。里面的例子也不够具体。但anyway,一定要有你专业的特色。

S:this specialty is relatively mature and there have been lots of top professionals like my future advisor in your country. That’s why I want to learn from you. However, it also means the space left for me in your country is very limit. (被打断..)
vo:do you have relatives in us?
S:no
vo:what are your parents do?
S:mother retired. My father had been working in 某国 for eigth years and he return China last year.
vo:似乎是沉默了一会,do you have any bank statement?
S:yes, here you are(他事先开了10W存款证明)摆手没要。
vo:do you have any houses?
S;no, but my parents have two houses and they have set aside one for me. here are the 房产证.do you want to see it?
vo:no. i am sorry i cannot give you visa this time. you cannot convice me you will come back. Sorry.
S;傻眼。
麻烦班主分析一下,我好像看不出啥毛病。

问题很多,这个被拒,基本是因为没有好好准备,没有遇到放水的悲剧了。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 12:17:32 |只看该作者
看了这些例子,感觉真像是一篇一篇的argument啊...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-7-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 12:38:12 |只看该作者
同意ls的

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 14:19:51 |只看该作者
说实话,是这个人太倒霉了,刚好VO心情不好,她又罗里罗嗦的背了这么多话,然后把VO惹烦了,直接就据签了。我的建议是VO问啥就回答啥,yes或者no最简单。别罗嗦说那么多。还有一个原因是此人的ds表可能填的有问题,VO会以为她是半奖,她自己偏偏又开了财产证明,弄巧成拙。VO以为她自己家里出了钱,她自己也要负担钱,误认为她不是全奖,再加上VO的第一印象就反感她的背书,还有转专业的硬伤,所以就把她据了。如果VO问她要财力证明的时候,她说她没有因为已经拿到了学校的full financial support,情况可能就不是这样子了。会好很多,顶多被check了。其实我觉得她冤枉的很。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 15:13:55 |只看该作者
说一下我的个人见解吧,仅供参考

vo:What will you do in USA?
S:go to the university ** to pursuit my doctoral degree in transportation. The university is strong in this area and its phd program matches my interest, academic background and my career goal well. (vo一直低头不理)

vo:Whatwill you study?从这里就可以看出上面回答得并不好,VO明显没有听出来他到底是去学什么的,虽然他已经说过了。回答并不是越多越好,设身处地的想一想,如果你是提问者,你期望别人怎样回答问题呢?当然是简明扼要,清清楚楚。所以如果是我的话,一定会回答to study transportation science in xxxx university,并且transportation science和xxxx university一定会放慢速度重点念出来
S: I will concencrate on transportation science. I think this area will become hotter and hotter in china because of China’s increasingly terrible traffic conditions.
vo:What is your graduate major?
S: applied math. i specilize in operations research
vo:so you are changing your major. Why are you interested in this major?从这里可以看到,VO在问前一个问题的时候就已经是这个意思了。对于转专业的人,必然会面临这个问题,即使不是专专业,是要研究方向的名称不一样,这个问题也是要准备的。如果是我,会这样回答前一个问题applied math, and it will contribute a lot to my future study on transportation science. Acturally many researcher specialized in applied math have made great achievements in transportation science, such as my former supervisor. In fact I have been doing research on transportation science for more than two years.
S:I think this major would have a bright future in china. China will need more transportation professionals like me to address its traffic problem. And this major is an important application of what I have learned before. Moreover, my former advisor specilizes in this major. I begun to doing research on this area two years ago.(被打断。。。)
vo:why this univ?
S:the university is strong in this area and it even has a center for it.
Its phd program matches my interest and academic background. My future advisor is a renowned Chinese scholar. I think I can learn more knowledge and get more research experience from him. Moreover, his(被打断。。。)天哪,这是什么呀,只能用缠杂不请来形容。VO肯定是被绕晕了,于是拒绝听下去。直接这样说不就行了吗because I think it is the best school in this study area, which I am extremely interested in
the univeristy .vo:what are you doing now? what is your position?
S:I left campus only two months ago. And I am doing some research work on operations research and transportation with my former advisor. I am engaged in a national research project.我只能说,如果是我的话,一定不会这么说,太没有力度了。我会这样说的I have continued doing research on transportation scince after my graduation. Acturally I have already achieved very good results, and here are my publications然后直接把文章拿出来给VO看,虽然VO一定不会看,会问你要resume,因为VO只看题目就行了
vo:so...you are unemployed now....do u have your transcripts?.. and resume. And your offer letter.
S:Yes, here are the transcripts from all the universities i have attended and my resume offer letter.这是能够表现自己的地方,却被浪费了。如果是我的话,会这么说的yes, this is my resume, and these are my transcripts, I have very high scores in my courses, and this is my offer letter, I have received full finacial support from XXXX university because of my skillfulness in this study area
vo:边看边问what will you do after graduation?
S:I will come back to china and find a position as a researcher or professor in university. China is paying more attention to its traffic problems nowadays. And China’s transportation is becoming an important focus of investment.  China will need more professionals to manage its transportation infrastructures and systems. So there would be more opportunities for me in china.(被打断...)还是一样,太没有力度了。如果是我的话,我会这么说I would like to come back to china to find a very decent job in academic institutions. Transportation sicence is very hot, and is very useful for current China. Currently our knowledge is limited. As a result, when I come back with the best knowledge, I am sure to find the best position多点自负吧,作为全奖的phd,你根本就有那个本钱,告诉VO,你是最棒的,现在是No1,将来也是NO1
vo:why do you think you will not have opportunities in US?
S:this specialty is relatively mature and there have been lots of top professionals like my future advisor in your country. That’s why I want to learn from you. However, it also means the space left for me in your country is very limit. (被打断..)如果VO这么问我的话,我就这么告诉他Acturally I think I will have a lot of opportunities in US, but I prefer to come back to China. I can find a decent job here as good as that in US, and the Chinese culture makes me more happy and more comfortable. I also would like to take care of my parents. They are becoming old, and they do not want to go to US as all.
vo:do you have relatives in us?
S:no
vo:what are your parents do?
S:mother retired. My father had been working in 某国 for eigth years and he return China last year.多加一句吧,and he tells me that China is the most suitable place for Chinese people to live
vo:似乎是沉默了一会,do you have any bank statement?
S:yes, here you are(他事先开了10W存款证明)摆手没要。开那么多干什么,你不是全奖么,开个2W就够了吧yes, here is my bank statement, I have 2W in my account, so it is no problem for me to cover the expenses in the first 1 month开多了反而让人怀疑你有移民倾向
vo:do you have any houses?
S;no, but my parents have two houses and they have set aside one for me. here are the 房产证.do you want to see it?直接告诉VO yes, I have one, and this is the certification不就完了,扯那么多干嘛
vo:no. i am sorry i cannot give you visa this time. you cannot convice me you will come back. Sorry.

是看不出什么问题,但其实到处都是问题
签证的时候就能说那么几句话,所以一定要说的有力度,告诉VO
我要去的学校是最好的,我是最好的,所以我拿到offer,我学完回来还是最好的,我要回来因为我能找到好的工作,跟美国一样好,而且我喜欢这里

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-2
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 17:04:14 |只看该作者
长知识!越看越像改作文。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-4-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 20:29:32 |只看该作者
真会忽悠!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-10-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-8 21:40:58 |只看该作者
确实很有问题,LS们分析得真好

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-2-8
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-9 00:01:10 |只看该作者
总而言之, 给人以假大空的感觉. 而且回答得太多,一再被VO打断,就是这个原因。那么多china, 那么多要回china, 有欲盖弥彰的感觉, 个人的学习就是与本人利益有关.
更糟糕的是陷入VO陷阱, 否定美国机会多本来就是错误的。OV也知道学成后有90%的人是不会回来的,只是他想知道万一你没有机会留在美国,会不会竭力留下,成为社会的负担。
而且一再提到My future advisor is a renowned Chinese scholar,也是很大的败笔。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-5-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-9 00:41:07 |只看该作者
像小学生背书.......为祖国的四化建设做贡献...........
APPLY:5 OFFER:4 AD:1 REJ:0

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-9 03:15:57 |只看该作者
实际上他答得并不是很差,多说的那些话,正是以前某些大虾建议说的,让主动控制话题导向什么的……:o
From Zero to Hero,誓将裸奔进行到底!现在闭关修炼中

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-9 03:16:41 |只看该作者
被拒了,应该是职业规划不具体吧:o 却是空了一点
From Zero to Hero,誓将裸奔进行到底!现在闭关修炼中

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-9-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-9 11:13:48 |只看该作者
我相信很多pass的人都曾经这么回答过,这个人只不过撞到枪口上了
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-4-5
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-5-9 12:36:17 |只看该作者
运气不好罢了

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币