注册时间
2005-3-19
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-6-28 22:55:47 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
背景:文科MA90%奖了,每年自己掏2000$。

约的今天11am,9点半到。10点半已经进去交表了。现场情况:1,2号窗交表。3号漂亮金发mm打指纹,也负责面谈,情况不清楚,5号女杀手,6号黑水车,8号中年男子,高瘦,好像挺严。

交表时狼狈就放生了。156名自没写电码,地址没写中文;157 employment因为没工作所以留空,结果要补上none。结构又没带笔,要问一个J1的MM借。还好,终于顺利交了表。漫长又累人的等待叫名开始了。座位不多,人超级多。等了大概一小时,终于到我,分到5号女杀手,心想:好!等我收拾女杀手!

前面一大堆探亲都KO了,还有一些商务的也KO,最好一个也是check。一直到我前面那个本科生,他英语不是很好,而且说的时候腿狂抖,听得出很害怕。VO问他" does ur family have a car"英文问了两遍,不懂,中文第一遍不懂,第二遍懂了。然后英文,what car?不懂,中文问第一遍不懂,第二遍“宝来”。看了存款,最后还是收拾了女杀手!唉,原来女杀手还是怕F1的。

到我:

me: good morning madam
vo: good morning.  .....graduate......?(听不清,周围很吵,又隔了玻璃,以为问我什么时候毕业)
me: last june, i mean, june 2006.
vo: no. i mean u r going for graduate study in **** university?
me: yep
vo: what major?
me: American Studies,
vo: what's that?
me: the major helps me understand what identifies the american culture and it's an interdisciplinary program, so i'll study from the american literature, american history, american music or even photography.

vo: what will you do after you graduate.
me: i will come back and hopefully find a job in a publisher. i wanna become a columnist of the american culture because most magazines here about the american culture focus on the unhealthy and material side of the country, which has had a negative impact on the kids. i wanna introduce the positive sides of the american culture to the kids.

vo: you have your financial statement?
me: yep.
vo: oh! you've got assistantship, very impressive!
me: thank you(暗爽,但还是要交上存折)
vo: your parents support you?
me: actually my mother because my parents divorced about 6 years ago and i'm living with my mother.
vo: what does ur mother do?
me: she's a teacher in a middle school. you wanna see the employment certificate?
vo: no.
me: ok
vo: what does ur father do?
me: i dont know. he hasn't contacted me ever since they divorced.
vo: 撕蓝条.说一大堆什么到时邮政会寄给我护照。。。。。。。。。
me: is it passed?
vo: yes.
me: thank you! but you are not gonna give me back the I20?
vo: i'll staple it on the passport and mail them to you.(me: thank you)然后她继续不耐烦地说of course i know the I20 is very important for the students.

不水,但气氛不想说的这么恐怖,由于口语比较有信心,也没怎么准备那些问题。但我觉得奖学金还是有点用的。我后面那个本科也过了。旁边窗口一个去加州读MSc的也过了!F1还是比较容易!
all for dt
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-8-15
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-6-28 23:46:09 |只看该作者
恭喜LZ,我7月2日签 ,自费的,好担心哦