寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-12
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-7-29 21:48:22 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
TOPIC: ISSUE51 - "Education will be truly effective only when it is specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student."
WORDS: 418          TIME: 00:45:00          DATE: 2007-7-29 18:00:02

【说明】此帖是第一篇issue,完全按照时间要求所写。提纲中内容没有写完,只写到第2点的(1)。此后会自己跟贴,先写完,然后在再做一些自改。  真正写出第一篇,发现问题很多,还请各位大牛不吝赐教,从比较宽泛的文章写法到语言各个方面,指出一些问题。非常感谢!

简要提纲:
1.题目中论述部分正确,原因在于当前标准化的教学、大规模授课不能满足学生要求。eg类比:工厂大规模生产和现在的教育培养制度;quotation:同学自己的话,说明不能满足学生要求

2.但要满足题目中论述的“education specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interestes  of each student”也有诸多问题,相反的,共同的、表中的一种教育安排,可能有其优势。
(1)完全做到这点不实际:没有足够的教育资源以供达到此目的
(2)需要共同的academical core,提供必须的学术基础,保持一个标准的水平 eg:cs学科不同方向的共同基础; 高中的共同水平的数    序、语文的基础
(3)难于组织等其他问题。

Education is of great importance for a society, especially for modern countries, whose development is based, to a great extent on the advance of science and technology. And the problems of education are always a hot topic among university students and even in the public. A lot of people doubt the efficiency of the education system and they argue that education will be truly effective only when it is specially designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student.

This point of view is appreciable in the sense that the curriculum of our schools, high schools or colleges, are highly standardized in most part of the world. It is no surprising to see hundreds of students crowd in a hall listening to their teachers, and in some countries virtually all the students of the certain grade have the identical textbooks on their desk. Education has much in common with massive production in a factory. Same raw materials are put on the pipeline and after same procedure, products of virtually same quality are manufactured. But how about the students characters, needs and interests? Unfortunately, these things are totally ignored. So the direct result of this standard procedure of education is that the students are not satisfied. As a student of a top university in my nation, I always hear my schoolmates complaining about the boring classes that they have to take. A friend of mine says "I can not imagine why I have to take the computer vision class, which focus on a highly specialized  area of artificial intelligence, when my goal it to be a IC designer " That is one the embarrassment one usually encounter in our higher education.

However, the real world is more complicated than what idealists think. Education special designed for the individual demand is not always a good solution. The special attention to each student is just impossible in modern education, considering the efficiency of the whole education system. The task of the education nowadays is to educate hundreds of thousands of educated citizen who will take part in all aspects of social life. It is the time that education is for the majority, not the elites only.  Since our resources are always scarce, the burden of the education system will be too heavy if the education is not standardized or teachers do not teach more students than ever before. We just have no adequate resources to afford education specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student.

[ 本帖最后由 mabla 于 2007-7-29 21:53 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-17
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-7-30 01:24:25 |只看该作者
;) 你是最早交作业的~~~~呵呵~然后就是偶啦!

先占座,再看:rolleyes: +U
【University of South Florida】
09FALL   QQ群:  84820702

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-17
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-7-31 00:11:45 |只看该作者
要提
1.目中述部分正确,原因在于准化的教学、大模授不能生要求。eg比:工模生在的育培制度;quotation:同自己的明不能生要求
2.但要目中述的“education specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interestes  of each student”也有问题,相反的,共同的、表中的一种教育安排,可能有其优势
1)完全做到点不实际有足源以供到此目的
2)需要共同的academical core,提供必学术,保持一个标准的水平 egcs科不同方向的共同基;高中的共同水平的数学文的基
3组织等其他问题
理不够清~只是简单分成。建纲写细一点,至少按照一段一句中心这样来写这样写也比较轻~

Education is of great importance for a society, especially for modern countries, whose development is based(,??) to a great extent on the advance of science and technology. (可以用the development of which take…as foundation的句式)And the problems of education are always a hot topic among university students and even in the public(教育本来就不是学生关注的事情吧,一直都是社会关注的问题,所以我觉得用one of the hot spots of society就可以了). A lot of people doubt(about) the efficiency of the education system and they argue that education will be truly effective only when it is specially designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student.
第一段说了很多,关于教育的重要性、大众对教育的看法,但是,致命的是,你的观点一点都没有体现出来
    This point of view is appreciable in the sense that the curriculum of our schools, high schools or colleges, are highly standardized in most part of the world. (段首应该放中心句!)It is no surprising to see hundreds of students crowd in a hall listening to their teachers, and in some countries virtually all the students of the certain grade have the identical textbooks on their desk.(一样的教科书和教育多样性冲突吗?) Education has much in common with massive production in a factory. Same raw materials are put on the pipeline and after same procedure, products of virtually same quality are manufactured.(例子挺好~.^-^.)But how about the students characters, needs and interests? Unfortunately, these things are totally ignored. So the direct result of this standard procedure of education is that the students are not satisfied.(这个结果似乎不够严重啊……)As a student of a top university in my nation, I always hear my schoolmates complaining about the boring classes that they have to take. A friend of mine says"I can not imagine why I have to take the computer vision class, which focus on a highly specialized area of artificial(“人造的?”) intelligence, when(while才表示对比) my goal it(应该是is) to be a IC designer " That is one the embarrassment one (这个句子是不是打错了?没看懂。。。)usually encounter in our higher education.
这一段应该是说反面的吧?感觉前一个例子蛮好,但是逻辑还是不够清晰~中心不够突出
     However, the real world is more complicated than what idealists think. Education specially designed for the individual demand is not always a good solution. The special attention to each student is just impossible in modern education, considering the efficiency of the whole education system. The task of the education nowadays is to educate hundreds of thousands of educated citizen who will take part in all aspects of social life. It is the time that education is for the majority, not the elites only.  Since our resources are always scarce, the burden of the education system will be too heavy if the education is not standardized or teachers do not teach more students than ever before. We just have no adequate resources to afford education specifically designed to meet the individual needs and interests of each student.
你的文章似乎。。。没有总结段?最后一段好像也是论述……

小结:1.一般Issue都用4~5段比较好:表明观点1段、论证(正、反)2~3段、总结1
          2.思维还可以,逻辑要加强,还有语言——共勉!!!
      3.都是第一次写,都是这种情况……以后一起加油吧~.^-^.

[ 本帖最后由 kiki1988 于 2007-7-31 00:12 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-17
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-7-31 00:14:12 |只看该作者

顺便帮我看看吧?我的作业没人改呢。。。

;d: 谢谢啦~
Argument147 【0710G-HIT坚持交作业小组作文大帖】第一次作业
   https://bbs.gter.net/viewthre ... e%3D1#pid1770627588
Issue51 【0710G-HIT坚持交作业小组作文大帖】第一次作业
   https://bbs.gter.net/viewthre ... e%3D1#pid1770622567

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-12
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-7-31 02:28:46 |只看该作者

回复 #1 mabla 的帖子

强哥,我觉得你这篇写得挺好的,例子很恰当也很好理解,特别我觉得你的短句写得很漂亮。唯一的问题就是开头和结尾没有明确观点,还有没段的中心句不太明白,不过这个好解决。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-7-31 11:27:19 |只看该作者

回复 #5 xsr6064 的帖子

同意~~~:o ;d: