寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-8 21:50:13 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most experiences in our lives that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future. Use reasons and specific examples to support our answer.
口语
A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country. Where should this visitor go on that day? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Most part of our lives, as a philosopher said, is difficult and bitter, only the small part of it is happy and sweet. So how do we treat the difficult time in our lives? Depression, sad or pessimism? As far as I am concerned, I agree that we can learn much from these difficulties. They are actually valuable lessons and teach us what we can not get from the success. Although I am a youth in my 20th, I have also experienced some difficulties before and through these times I had gaind much, such as persistence and optimisticness.  

Persistence is such a kind of quality that we can only get from those difficult times because we have two choices at that time: persisitence or giving up. If we endure some pains and difficulties, we could know the value of persistence--persistence can give us the drive to achieve our goals. When I was in my highschool, my math was a big problem for me. I even worried that the math test could fail in the final college entrance examination. Encountering such a difficulty, I have no other choice but to persist. During the whole three years, I tried my best to learn math well and spent much more time on it than other students. Finally, my math score become the highest one in my class. From this case, I know that if we overcome the difficulties, then we can own persistence and some impossibilities may become reality.

However, there is no denying that some difficulties are really beyond our ability to solve. So that we have to face a failure at last, although we have persisted. If so, we should lead ourselves to think about the better side about the difficulty and the failure. In other words, the failure could give us an opportunity to become an optimistic person. Take me as an example. I was majored in chemistry when I entered the university. But I did not like it at all. So I tried my best to seize the opportunity which allows the freshmen to change their majors after the first year. Efforts of a whole year have been spent, but I have not had such a chance because of the change of college's policy. What a pity it is! I felt depressed very much at that time. But later I felt that only depression did make any sense. What I should do is to be optimistic and trust my original major. After another year of study, I began to like my major gradually. So from this failure, I can see things optimistically and find the benefits from the seemingly bad result.

When we encounter difficulties, keep on pursuing our dreams and once fail at last, face the new life optimisticly. That is what I have learned from the difficulties. I remember one saying, "experience itself is wealth". For me, these difficulties are valuable lessons for my future.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-13
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-8 23:53:59 |只看该作者
lz, 请问你怎么上传声音文件的?
我发了writing之后,点“编辑”,在“browse”里选了要上传的文件,
然后再点完成编辑,可是声音文件传不上来。
困惑中……

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-6
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-8-9 17:31:30 |只看该作者
Most part of our lives, as a philosopher said, is difficult and bitter, only the small part of it is happy and sweet. So how do we treat the difficult time in our lives? Depression, sad or pessimism? As far as I am concerned, I agree that we can learn much from these difficulties. They are actually valuable lessons and teach us what we can not get from the success. Although I am a youth in my 20th, I have also experienced some difficulties before and through these times I had gained much, such as persistence and optimisticness.  

Persistence is such a kind of quality that we can only get from those difficult times because we have two choices at that time: persistence or giving up(to insist on or to give up). If we endure some pains and difficulties, we could know the value of persistence—persistence (it) can give us the drive to achieve our goals.(persistence在这里出现的次数比较多,可以用同义词替换一下。) When I was in my high school, my math was a big problem for me. I even worried that the math test could fail in the final college entrance examination. Encountering such a difficulty, I have no other choice but to persist. During the whole three years, I tried my best to learn math well and spent much more time on it than other students. Finally, my math score become the highest one in my class. From this case, I know that if we overcome the difficulties, then we can own persistence and some impossibilities may become reality.

However, there is no denying that some difficulties are really beyond our ability to solve. So that we have to face a failure at last, although we have persisted. If so, we should lead ourselves to think about the better side about the difficulty and the failure. In other words, the failure could give us an opportunity to become an optimistic person. Take me as an example. I was majored in chemistry when I entered the university. But I did not like it at all (at that time). So I tried my best to seize the opportunity which allows (allowed) the freshmen to change their majors after the first year. Efforts of a whole year have been spent, but I have not had such a chance because of the change of college's policy. What a pity it is! I felt depressed very much at that time. But later I felt that only depression did (not) make any sense. What I should do is to be optimistic and trust my original major. After another year of study, I began to like my major gradually. So from this failure, I can see things optimistically and find the benefits from the seemingly bad result. (个人认为,这里可以做一下小修改。例子中说由于不喜欢本专业所以作出努力,为的是换个喜欢的专业。可最后又说受挫之后乐观向上最后还是喜欢本专业了,这严格讲不能算是failure了,读起来有点别扭。认为稍微与主题有冲突。可以改为最后由于乐观努力还是在本专业有所成就,把like 换成interest 之类或许会好一些)

When we encounter difficulties, keep on pursuing our dreams and once fail at last, face the new life optimistically. That is what I have learned from the difficulties. I remember one saying, "experience itself is wealth". For me, these difficulties are valuable lessons for my future.
楼主的论证逻辑性很强了。我算是鸡蛋里挑骨头了,呵呵。:loveliness:
口语
楼主所讲的内容很完整。只是最后一句稍微有些不清晰。And know how great…and Chinese ancestors are…J 如果说的时候一些小词稍微慢点发音再清晰一些会更好。

[ 本帖最后由 fss528 于 2007-8-9 17:34 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2007-8-9 17:38:45 |只看该作者

回复 #2 ensue 的帖子

我没有碰到过类似的问题,提醒你注意以下问题“
附件要小于 524.288 kb , 可用扩展名: ppt, mp3, gif, jpg, png, txt, zip, bmp, rar, jpeg, doc, pdf
如果需要,我给你一个小录音软件,录完后把后缀改为mp3即可
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-9 20:19:35 |只看该作者

修改后的。

Most part of our lives, as a philosopher said, is difficult and bitter, only the small part of it is happy and sweet. So how do we treat the difficult time in our lives? Depression, sad or pessimism? As far as I am concerned, I agree that we can learn much from these difficulties. They are actually valuable lessons and teach us what we can not get from the success. Although I am a youth in my 20th, I have also experienced some difficulties before and through these times I had gained much, such as persistence and optimism.  

Persistence is such a kind of quality that we can only get from those difficult times because we have two choices at that time: to insist on or to give up. If we endure the pains and difficulties, we could know the value of persistence, that is, persistence can give us the drive to achieve our goals. When I was in my high school, my math was a big problem for me. I even worried that the math test could fail in the final college entrance examination. Encountering such a difficulty, I have no other choice but to persist. During the whole three years, I tried my best to learn math well and spent much more time on it than other students. Finally, my math score become the highest one in my class. From this case, I know that if we overcome the difficulties, then we can own persistence and some difficult problems in the future may become easy to deal with.

However, there are some difficulties that are beyond our ability to solve, although we have persisted. So  we have to face a failure at last. If so, can we call them valuable lessons? The answer is positive. Even the difficult times end with a failure, they are still valuable lessons because they could lead us to think about the better side about the difficulty and the failure. Gradually, we will become an optimistic person. Take me as an example. I was majored in chemistry when I entered the university. But I did not like it at first. Whenever I compare my major with those popular ones such as IT and computer science, I would be depressed very much. I had no interest in my lessons and no confidence about my future. But I also realized that the depression made no sense. So I tried to persuade myself that chemistry is also a good subject and I would also have a good future if I work hard. When the difficult times had finished, I have been more optimistic than before.

When we encounter difficulties, keep on pursuing our dreams and even fail at last, face the new life optimistically. That is what I have learned from the difficulties. As an old saying goes, "experience itself is wealth". For me, these difficulties are valuable lessons for my future.
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-10-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2007-8-10 15:45:50 |只看该作者

回复 #5 glxing 的帖子

呵呵.改了以后就比较完美了.
顺便问一下,我的编辑器里为何要求附件要小于262.144kb...这样子就没法上传口语了...

使用道具 举报

RE: 十月金秋 第四次作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
十月金秋 第四次作业