寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-30
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-12 12:42:04 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
OPIC: ISSUE36 - "The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries."
WORDS:508         TIME: 00:45:00          DATE: 2007/8/11 16:53:32

The speaker asserts that the greatness of individuals only can be decided people who live after them. At first glance, this opinion seems to be somewhat appealing, but further reflection tells me that I cannot agree with it. It is fact that the greatness of individuals can both evaluate by people who live with them or after them. I will argue my conclusion in the following respects.

In the science realm, scientists’ greatness can be shown immediately and when their theory or discovery meet block in their life, their greatness only can be decided by the people who live after them. There are many examples that prove my view, Edison is a typical one. Before he finally invented the bulb, he experienced countless times of failure. However, when the time he light the whole world, his greatness has been decided by the whole world. Did his greatness need decided by people who live after him? However, it is true that lots of other scientists do not have his luck and their works are known and realized after they died many years ago. Mendel is a good example, when he has finished his study of crossbred plant; his study took little people's notice. However, thirty years after he died, people realized the studies important for Genetics and people who live after him gave the name of Genetics’ father for him.

In art realm, many opuses' value has the ability of pilot, while lots of the productions approbate by contemporaries. The artist's greatness is shown by their works essentially. Mozart’s serenade have touch numberless people's chord. His value and greatness has been shown from his young and every people realize his talent in music. In contrast, Mark Twain, the great novelist who satirized the gloomy politics controlled by money in his novel was attracted by the critics who actually sever to the politicians. Many years after his dead, people began to know his greatness.

In politic realm, the accomplishment of the politicians can be shown immediately and also can be evaluating for people who live after them. Before Martin Load King made his famous speech that I have a dream, he have tasted numberless failure, indignity, and despondence. However, he succeeded at last, his diligent and fortitude affect everyone. His greatness has decided when he made the speech and it will be remembered by people eternal. However, some famous people's greatness is decided by people who live after them. Take the Emperor Qin for example; he once marked as pharaoh in his period for his truculence in war. But considering the development of history about china, people understand the unification's important in china and the war's purpose is peace. That is the reason people honor and commemorate Emperor Qin's reason.

In sum, it is true that individuals' greatness is decided by people who live after them. Because, the greatness need time's test and people may not understand the great people's achievement at that time. Nevertheless, the greatness can also evaluated by the contemporaries if it is sparking in that time.        
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-3-16
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-12 15:09:13 |只看该作者
The speaker asserts that the greatness of individuals only can be decided by people who live after them. At first glance, this opinion seems to be somewhat appealing, but further reflection tells me that I cannot agree with it. It is fact that the greatness of individuals can both evaluate by people who live with them or after them. I will argue my conclusion in the following respects.In the science realm, scientists greatness can be shown immediately and when their theory or discovery meet block in their life, their greatness only can be decided by the people who live after them. (这句让人不太能理解)There are many examples that prove my view, Edison is a typical one. Before he finally invented the bulb, he experienced countless times of failure. However, when the time he light the whole world, his greatness has been decided by the whole world. Did his greatness need decided by people who live after him? However, it is true that lots of other scientists do not have his luck and their works are known and realized after they died many years ago. Mendel is a good example, when he has finished his study of crossbred plant; his study took little people's notice. However, thirty years after he died, people realized the studies important for Genetics and people who live after him gave the name of Genetics father for(to) him.In art realm, many opuses' value has the ability of pilot, while lots of the productions approbate by contemporaries. The artist's greatness is shown by their works essentially. Mozarts serenade have touch numberless people's chord. His value and greatness has been shown from his young and every people realize his talent in music. In contrast, Mark Twain, the great novelist who satirized the gloomy politics controlled by money in his novel, was attracted(attacked) by the critics who actually server to the politicians. Many years after his dead(death), people began to know his greatness.In politic realm, the accomplishment of the politicians can be shown immediately and also can be evaluating for people who live after them. Before Martin Load King made his famous speech that I have a dream, he have tasted numberless failure, indignity, and despondence. However, he succeeded at last, his diligent and fortitude affect everyone. His greatness has decided when he made the speech and it will be remembered by people eternal. However, some famous people's greatness is decided by people who live after them. Take the Emperor Qin for example; he once marked as pharaoh in his period for his truculence in war. But considering the development of history about china, people understand the unification's important (importance) in china and the war's purpose is peace. That is the reason people honor and commemorate Emperor Qin's reason.In sum, it is true that individuals' greatness is decided by people who live after them. Because, the greatness need time's test and people may not understand the great people's achievement at that time. Nevertheless, the greatness can also evaluated by the contemporaries if it is sparking in that time.
这篇文章分三个部分,每个部分都分正反两方面写。只是觉得例子好象有点多了,没有说理的部分。觉得最好例子后有点评。如秦始皇那段,可以说当时人们不理解是因为,秦始皇的行为造成了他们家破人亡,占在自己的立场上,emotional, personal,而不能看到对整个历史的贡献。个人的恩怨蒙蔽了双眼,或是思想等的局限性。例子不在多,把它用透了,可能效果更好。

使用道具 举报

RE: issue36 痛苦无比的题材。。。(GREAW小组)第6次作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
issue36 痛苦无比的题材。。。(GREAW小组)第6次作业