寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-28
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-15 22:28:40 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
TOPIC: ISSUE203 - "The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its heroines."
WORDS: 503          TIME: 00:45:00          DATE: 2007-8-15 21:10:33

I partly agree with the arguer's assertion. To understand the character of a society is to examine the character of its heroes or its heroines which the men and women choose. But this is only a way to understand the character of a society not the best way in my opinion.
    Actually the society heroes can represent the whole society's character in some extent. For instance, In Japan, all the people advocate persistence and rigidity, so the hero in their heart is warrior and mikado .But in china, the people advocate world peace, the hero in their mind is leifeng the people who advocate peace and do something well for all the people.

Admittedly, this is not the best way to understand the character of a society .Although the heroes and heroines can represent the character of a society in some extent, it can not represent the whole situation. Firstly the people in a society have different religion, culture, belief, education level and background. The heroes ,some of them are famous, some of them are president, some of them maybe solider, some of them have amount of money which can afford a country  .So how to define a hero is a task issue to whole people. A young lady may think the Top -star singer bulany as the heroes in his mind, obviously it can not replace the other people just like older, male and child's judgment. In conclusion, everybody is an individual, they have different opinion, so the heroes in their mind perhaps different. One thousand people have one thousand heroes they like. Are there one thousand character of a society? Secondly only to analysis the heroes, who is advanced in their contemporize; can not whole represent the common people's character. Not every individual are the president, not every individual have amount of money  which can afford a country .The common people always have a job, a husband or a wife , one or two children ,a suitable but not very luxuries house. The society of character are focus on not the hero in the contemporary but  the majority common people .It is no sense  to only understand the character of the heroes although it can represent in some extent.

Finally, In my personal experience, I found out  in the traveling .The best way to understand the character of a society is "involve " them. When I travel to the other county not my hometown Hunan where a beautiful city in China .I come to there, live with their people. I eat the food which they eat, I dress the cloth which style they dress, although their language i can not speak but i listen to them very carefully and earnestly. After the travel trip, I understand the character of the society ,they are friendly ,well-talked .They advocate world peace hate  conflict,they love the things which is beauty .

In conclusion, i concede to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its heroines is a way to understand the character of a society in some extent, but actually there is some other way better than that just like “involve “way.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: issue203 拍把拍把不是罪(留链必回) [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子