寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-7
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2008-8-23 11:35:23 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Do you agree or disagree: People can learn more from watching television than reading books.  (2007.2.3,学习教育类)

Books can teach people a lot of knowledge. However, with the accelerated development of the society, the growing openings provide people more accesses to absorb and learn new information. Television, as a modern medium, is stepping into our learning life and teaching people more knowledge. I have several reasons to support my point.

To beging with, although there are all kinds of knowledge in various books, when television bring forth knowledge with combination of picture, text as well as sound, we are absolutely fully attracted by it, while books can only show us the content by characters. For example, when we want to learn the living habits of Giant Panda, video records show us a series of pictures about the process of its born, the eating habits, the moving modality and the sleeping look. From that vivid description and perform we understand this cherished animal in detail and this memory toward panda would be more remarkable in our mind. In addition, a scene conversation could teach children how to use English dialogue directly and correctly. Adding captions to this dialogue is one comprehensive mode for students to learn pronunciation, characters and exercise of English. In this case, the skills and information learned from television are more useful and meaningful than in books, because learners are more likely to react to and satisfy the real needs.

Furthermore, watching television inform us access to the latest news and an intuitionistic sight to see what happened in the world. Sending signals are faster than wrting books, so we could keep in touch with the latest news from television rather than books. Take the world-shaking Sichuan earthquake as an example; we know the happening of his event from television at the first time. Importantly, by viewing the pictures sent by journalists, we know the severity and emergency of that area, which stimulates the sympathize and care of mass people. Moreover, when it comes to election, by centering politics on the person of the candidate, television accelerated the citizen's focus on his integrated ability such as the ability of making speech, the behavior when meeting citizens and also the response of facing problems. Taking account into all this aspects can change the standpoint of voters. Therefore, television shows us a broader stage to learn new trend and promote our deepness and span of knowledge.

From these reasons I mentioned above, I firmly believe that people can learn more from watching television because in the modern society television give us a new mode of learning---study from various aspects such as picture, character and sound rather than only in one form of books.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-12-26
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2008-8-23 14:19:51 |只看该作者
Books can teach people a lot of knowledge. However, with the accelerated development of the society, the growing openings(这个growing opening 没看懂) provide people more accesses to absorb and learn new information. Television, as a modern medium, is stepping into our learning life and teaching people more knowledge. I have several reasons to support my point.

To beging with, although there are all kinds of knowledge in various books, when television brings forth knowledge with combination of picture, text as well as sound, we are absolutely fully attracted by it, while books can only show us the content by characters. (这句作为分论点的总起,似乎太长了,要强调的观点不突出,分成两个小句子会更好些) For example, when we want to learn the living habits of Giant Panda, video records show us a series of pictures about the process of its bornbirth, the eating habits, the moving modality and the sleeping look. From that vivid description and perform performance we understand this cherished animal in detail and this memory toward (of ) panda would be more remarkable in our mind. In addition, a scene conversation could teach children how to use English dialogue directly and correctly. Adding captions to this dialogue is one comprehensive mode for students to learn pronunciation, characters and exercise usage of English. In this case, the skills and information learned from television are more useful and meaningful than in books, because learners are more likely to react to and satisfy the real needs.

Furthermore, watching television inform us access to(去掉access toof the latest news and an intuitionistic sight to see what happened in the world. Sending signals are faster than wrting books, so we could keep in touch with the latest news from television rather than books. Take the world-shaking Sichuan earthquake as an example; we know the happening of his event from television at the first time at once. Importantly, by viewing the pictures sent by journalists, we know the severity and emergency of that area, which stimulates the sympathize sympathy and care of mass people. Moreover, when it comes to election, by centering politics on the person of (去掉)the candidate, television accelerated the citizen's focus on his integrated ability such as the ability of making speech, the behavior when meeting citizens and also the response of whenfacing problems. Taking account into all this aspects Taking all these aspects into accountcan change the standpoint of voters. Therefore, television shows us a broader stage to learn new trend and promote our deepness and span of knowledge.

From these reasons I mentioned above, I firmly believe that people can learn more from watching television because in the modern society television gives us a new mode of learning---study from various aspects such as picture, character and sound rather than only in one form of books.
例子的支撑都很好,学习了

[ 本帖最后由 devilkineleven 于 2008-8-23 14:21 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-10-25
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2008-9-6 12:10:28 |只看该作者

写的不错,修改的也不错