注册时间
2005-12-21
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-7-20 17:20:28 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
作文
If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

My hometown is a very remote and mountainous village which is far from China’s capital, with backward economy. If I could change one thing about my hometown, I would like to improve the transportation conditions there. There are some reasons for this purpose.

In the first place, since my hometown is mountainous, the economy is limited by the poor transportation conditions. There are many mountains around my hometown, and the streets are very narrow and rough there. In this case, purchase for commodities is very difficult there which results in the slow development of economy. For example, if we want to buy a thing, even a pencil or an eraser, it always takes us 3 hours to go to the nearest shop. Moreover, the price of an ordinary pencil is 3.5 yuan compared with 0.8 yuan of the same one in big cities. The reason for so high price can be attributed to the cost and difficulty to transport these goods to my hometown. In this sense, no investor wants to visit my hometown to set up any factory or company. So the transportation is the vital problem to the economic development.

Secondly, the poor transportation condition makes it very inconvenient to get information there. Almost 75 percent of the residents there have not been out of my hometown all their life. That is to say, they do not know what outside world is, not mention many places of interest around our country, China. They hardly know what a bus looks like, a computer can get onto the internet, and an exciting football match is so attractive. In my dream, I want to let these villagers travel around my country if only the transportation permitted.

Besides the above reasons, the more important point is that going to a hospital is also difficult for the residents in my hometown. People who get severe diseases still have to walk for 25 miles to the nearest hospital in a small town. If their diseases cannot be cured in that hospital, they have to continue to walk for 60 miles to a larger hospital in the county. However, my grandpa died on his way to this hospital because precious time was delayed in the long distance. What is a pity!

In sum, I want to improve the transportation conditions in my hometown so as to benefit the living standards there. In this case, the residents there will start to become richer and more prosperous.

口语
A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country. Where should this visitor go on that day? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

I strongly recommend the foreigner to visit the capital of China, Beijng. Firstly, there are many places of interest in Beijing, such as Tian’an Men Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall. Especially for the Great Wall, the scenery there is very beautiful. And the foreigner can feel how marvelous and bright ancient Chinese people were. Secondly, foreigners in Beijing can feel the customs and culture of Chinese traditions. There are many temples around the city. I am sure all these places can be visited in only one day.

[ 本帖最后由 sigtem 于 2007-7-20 17:24 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-1-24
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-7-20 22:30:24 |只看该作者
作文
If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

My hometown is a very remote and mountainous village which is far from China’s capital, with backward economy. If I could change one thing about my hometown, I would like to improve the transportation conditions there. There are some reasons for this purpose.

In the first place, since my hometown is mountainous, the economy is limited by the poor transportation conditions. There are many mountains around my hometown, and the streets are very narrow and rough there. In this case, purchase for commodities is very difficult
there(去掉) which results in the slow development of economy. For example, if we want to buy a thing, even a pencil or an eraser, it always takes us 3 hours to go to the nearest shop. Moreover, the price of an ordinary pencil is 3.5 yuan compared with 0.8 yuan of the same one in big cities. The reason for so high price can be attributed to the cost and difficulty to transport these goods to my hometown. In this sense, no investor wants to visit(投资)my hometown to set up any factory or company. So the transportation is the vital problem to the economic development.

Secondly, the poor transportation condition makes it very inconvenient to get information there. Almost 75 percent of the residents there have not been out of my hometown all their life. That is to say, they do not know what outside world is, not mention many places of interest around our country, China. They hardly know what a bus looks like,
in what waya computer can(去掉) gets onto the internet, and an exciting football match is so attractive(how exciting football matches are). In my dream, I want to let these villagers travel around my country if only the transportation permitted.

Besides the above reasons, the more important point is that going to a hospital is also difficult for the residents in my hometown. People who get severe diseases still have to walk for 25 miles to the nearest hospital in a small town. If their diseases cannot be cured in that hospital, they have to continue to walk for 60 miles to a larger hospital in the county.
However,
I remembermy grandpa died on histhe way to this hospital because precious time was delayed (治疗被耽误了,好像很少见到英语中有时间被耽误的说法,DELAY本身就是说时间耽误的意思) in the long distance. What is a pity!

In sum, I want to improve the transportation conditions in my hometown so as to benefit the living standards there. In this case, the residents there will start to become richer and more prosperous.
文章的三个分论点很好,赞!也都有具体例子支撑,美中不足是个别句子的润色还有待提高。
口语
A foreign visitor has only one day to spend in your country. Where should this visitor go on that day? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

I strongly recommend the foreigner to visit the capital of China, Beijng. Firstly, there are many places of interest in Beijing, such as Tian’an Men Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall. Especially for the Great Wall, the scenery there is very beautiful. And the foreigner can feel how marvelous and bright ancient Chinese people were. Secondly, foreigners in Beijing can
feel(?没听过FEEL CUSTOM的说法) the customs and culture of Chinese traditions. There are many temples around the city. I am sure all these places can be visited in only one day.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-1-24
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-7-20 22:31:35 |只看该作者
怎么搞的?明明字体缩小,改过的地方都是蓝的,怎么弄成这个样子...

使用道具 举报

声望