寄托币
注册时间
2007-10-2
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-1-5 21:34:10 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Choose the difficult or challenge classes in college or university though you can not get a great grade.

Courses and classes in the college and university usually offer the students essential knowledge which would be useful in their future life. However, it is a controversial problem when it comes to choose courses. Some people would like to choose some easy classes in order to gain a high mark; however, I claim that we should choose some difficult classes in order to learn more, both about knowledge and in how to deal with difficulty.

First of all, difficult classes place the students at a positive role rather than a passive one and this will make the students learn more about the subject. Those who choose easy courses would just scratch the surface of the subject, since it’s easy to get a high mark. But for those students in a challenge class, facing with the probability of a lower grade, they are much more positive thus more time would be spend on the courses. It would come out that they have learned more. I would like to take myself as an example. Last semester I have chosen a difficult subject named Computational Fluid Dynamic. It is difficult because I have to utilize fluid mechanics and computational method as well as programming skills to get a computational sample passed. Well, I was quite aware of all these difficulties and pour nearly all my time into studying this knowledge and skills. In the end though I gain a relatively lower grade than those who chose an easy course, I am delighted by a sense of achievement from the extra knowledge I have learned.

Further more, those challenge classes, as a kind of hardship, will offer us the opportunity to deal with some difficult conditions and the experience will benefit us a lot in our future life. We students mostly live an easy life in the campus; the chances for most students to deal with some difficult problems are remote. While on the other hand, nobody can avoid difficulties in his future life. Then why not do something difficult and choose some challenge classes to gain some experiences? A prime example would be those who choose to study abroad. They have chosen to study those courses offered by the universities abroad, its difficulty comes not only from the courses itself but also from the unacquainted environment. However, most students who have passed this hard time would say they have gained a lot from the hardship and will benefit dramatically in the future.

In general, choosing some challenge classes not only can help the students learn more about the subject itself, but also will give them a chance to obtain some experience on how to deal with difficulty. Taking into account of all these merits, why not choose some difficult and challenge classes?

[ 本帖最后由 hustly0415 于 2009-1-5 22:30 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-9-23
精华
帖子

IBT Zeal

沙发
发表于 2009-1-6 10:36:37 |只看该作者
Courses and classes in the college and university usually offer the students essential knowledge which would be useful in their future life. However, it is a controversial problem when it comes to choose courses. Some people would like to choose some easy classes in order to gain a high mark; however, I claim that we should choose some difficult classes in order to learn more, both about knowledge and in how to deal with difficulty是与挑战课程联系的还是简易课程? 这个地方有点迷惑哦

First of all, difficult classes place the students at a positive role rather than a passive one and this will make the students learn more about the subject. Those who choose easy courses would just scratch the surface of the subject, since it’s easy to get a high mark. But for those students in a challenge class, facing with the probability of a lower grade, they are much more positive thus more time would be spend on the courses. It would come out that they have learned more. I would like to take myself as an example. Last semester I have chosen a difficult subject named Computational Fluid Dynamic. It is difficult because I have to utilize fluid mechanics and computational method as well as programming skills to get a computational sample passed. Well, I was quite aware of all these difficulties and pour nearly all my time into studying this knowledge and skills. In the end though I gain a relatively lower grade than those who chose an easy course, I am delighted by a sense of achievement/ I gained the sense of achievement from the extra knowledge I have learned

Further more, those challenge classes, as a kind of hardship, will offer us the opportunity to deal with some difficult conditions and the experience will benefit us a lot in our future life. We students mostly live an easy life in the campus; the chances for most students to deal with some difficult problems are remote. While on the other hand, nobody can avoid difficulties in his future life. Then why not do something difficult and choose some challenge classes to gain some experiences? A prime example would be those who choose to study abroad. They have chosen to study those courses offered by the universities abroad, its difficulty comes not only from the courses itself but also from the unacquainted environment. However, most students who have passed this hard time would say they have gained a lot from the hardship and will benefit dramatically in the future
In general, choosing some challenge classes not only can help the students learn more about the subject itself, but also will give them a chance to obtain some experience on how to deal with difficulty. Taking into account of all these merits, why not choose some difficult and challenge classes? LZ的字数好多,30分内敲出这么多值得学习!语言结构都挺好,很容易理解!用词也不错,2段描写自己上学期经历的我觉得都用过去时态比较好,我MARK

使用道具 举报

RE: 【12月-1月IBT综合备考活动】之【TWE写作】1.5日作文 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
【12月-1月IBT综合备考活动】之【TWE写作】1.5日作文