声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-1-4
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2005-8-11 20:59:02 |只看该作者
In the speaker’s claim I can conclude two main points one is that the speaker thinks the nonmainstream areas such as astrology, fortune-telling, and psychic and paranormal pursuits are some important parts for human being; the other one is that they can replace mainstream science when it cannot satisfy our needs. In my point of view, I agree with the speaker insofar as the nonmainstream areas do not exceed the rational and logical minds.

Admittedly, the development of our society has experienced thousands of years. During ancient eras, science and technology was mysterious for human being, through several years observing and thinking, the stars became the targets of study. Because our forefather thought they could show us something unknown through the different location of different stars, as a consequently the astrology became into being结构没明白. As the time passed by, our society is developing step by step用一般时态是不是好一点, while the astrology is passing down我记得一个用法是be passed on from one generation to another. When people doare not sureadj about their future, they are willing to resort to the astrology, for they think the stars can direct them to a right direction. While, in my opinion, to some extent our emotion relays on those imagine world, with the prediction the astrology has given us, we can approach the goal easily, because we are surelyadv to the target for the stars tell us we can achieve it, or in another wordin other words, we have achieved the target in my mind, we have conquer ourselves. This kind of psychological indication plays an important role in our way to success.

When it comes to the fields of fortune-telling, psychic and paranormal pursuits, I think it can also help us in our emotion, feeling or belief. You can imagine that, when a person is wandering the edge of life, the last hope for his relief or life is due to his strong mind, if we told the pity person that every thing will be fine for him according to the fortune-telling or psychic and paranormal pursuits, maybe he or she could hold the last hope for life or for success. The function of the mind and willingness cannot be ignored, because they are the motivation for our achievement which we get from fortune-telling, psychic and paranormal pursuit. This kind of willingness is powerful and beyond our imagination. So I think that those nonmainstream areas are really helpful to us.

On the contrast, if we depend every thing on the nonmainstream areas without thinking, it will be dangerous. Our original motivation for the development of the society is science and technology rather than emotion. Only professional technology can direct the society forward. If we reject the science and technology but only rely on astrology, fortune-telling, psychic and paranormal pursuits, our society will stop develop even goto extinction. This is not a joke, if all people on the world do nothing but focus on the nonmainstream areas, they will live in illusion, they might think that everything has been done, all they need to do is just wait for the consequence. No one work hard, no experiment is undertook, then our world will step into extinction. So we could not depend too much on those nonmainstream areas, the most important and effective method for survival is developing the world by science and technology.

Just as I have mentioned above I really agree with the speaker’s claim that the nonmainstream areas play an important role in society, but this kind of satisfaction is only thriving with science and technology-logical and rational thingking.

1后面几段写和很好,思路比较清晰,而第2段的思路不是很清晰,感觉中间在拐~
2第2段和第3段是把astrology和fortune-telling, and psychic and paranormal pursuits分开讨论吗?
3单复数的问题
一家之言,仅供参考,不实之处,一笑耳^_^~~~~
转战verbal

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-11
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2005-8-11 21:55:20 |只看该作者
占座
10G:
V:510 62%
Q:800 92%
AW:4.5 51%
Go on.
1T
61 6? 63
TWE 5.0
go on 5T
m(T_T)m

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-3-19
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2005-8-11 23:29:11 |只看该作者
to dapopi

第2段和第3段是把astrology和fortune-telling, and psychic and paranormal pursuits分开讨论,主要是看了看范文,也是这个结构,就这么写下来了……
pass down……应该有这个短语吧!?偶也记不清楚了,大家来看看……

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-11 23:37:05 |只看该作者
Originally posted by duckyl35 at 2005-8-11 23:29
to dapopi

第2段和第3段是把astrology和fortune-telling, and psychic and paranormal pursuits分开讨论,主要是看了看范文,也是这个结构,就这么写下来了……
pass down……应该有这个短语吧!?偶也记不清 ...

pass down是有这个意思~传递交接吧?
10G:
Go on.
1T
61 6? 63
TWE 5.0
go on 5T
m(T_T)m

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-6-11
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-8-11 23:50:00 |只看该作者
In the speaker’s claim I can conclude two main points one is that the speaker thinks the nonmainstream areas such as astrology, fortune-telling, and psychic and paranormal pursuits are some important parts for human being; the other one is that they can replace mainstream science when it指代不明 can not satisfy our needs. In my point of view, I agree with the speaker insofar as the nonmainstream areas do not exceed the rational and logical minds.没有转折?

Admittedly, the development of our society has experienced thousands of years.这句有点啰嗦~背景放到后面比较好吧 During ancient eras, science and technology was mysterious for human being, through several years observing and thinking, the stars became the target of study. Because our forefather thought they could show us 表达不好something unknown through the different location of different stars, as a consequently the astrology became into being. As the time passed by, our society is developing step by step, while the astrology is passing down from one generation to another. When people do not sure 语法啊!about their future, they are willing to resort to the astrology, for they think the stars can direct them to a right direction. While, in my opinion, to some extent our emotion relays on those imagine world, with the prediction the astrology has given us, we can approach the goal easily, because we are surely to the target for the stars tell us we can achieve it这句话混乱死了~动词好几个~从句标志词都没有, or in another word, we have achieved the target in my mind, we have conquer ourselves. This kind of psychological indication plays an important role in our way to success.

When it comes to the fields of fortune-telling, psychic and paranormal pursuits, I think it can also help us in our emotion, feeling or belief. You can imagine that, when a person is wandering the edge of life, the last hope for his relief or life is due to his strong mind, if we told the pity person that every thing will be fine for him according to the fortune-telling or psychic and paranormal pursuits, maybe he or she could hold the last hope for life or for success. The function of the mind and willingness can not be ignored, because they are the motivation for our achievement which we get from fortune-telling, psychic and paranormal pursuit这里有点绝对了吧~为啥一定要从这些处得来呢?. This kind of willingness is powerful and beyond our imagination. So I think that those nonmainstream areas are really helpful to us.

On the contrast, if we depend every thing on the nonmainstream areas without thinking, it will be dangerous. Our original motivation for the development of the society is science and technology rather than emotion. Only professional technology can direct the society forward.不错 If we reject the science and technology but only rely on astrology, fortune-telling, psychic and paranormal pursuits, our society will stop develop even go extinction. This is not a joke, if all people on the world do nothing but focus on the nonmainstream areas, they will live in illusion, they might think that everything has been done,连词 all they need to do is just wait for the consequence. No one work hard, no experiment is undertook,这个句子很有问题~ then our world will step into extinction. So we could not depend too much on those nonmainstream areas, the most important and effective method for survival is developing the world by science and technology.

Just as I have mentioned above I really agree with the speaker’s claim that the nonmainstream areas play an important role in society, but this kind of satisfaction is only thriving with science and technology-logical and rational thingking.
--------------------
第一段只有让步没有转折,其他的思路还不错。
注意一下表达
10G:
Go on.
1T
61 6? 63
TWE 5.0
go on 5T