注册时间
2010-1-3
精华
帖子

美版2016offer达人

发表于 2010-6-26 23:23:19 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 tmdxlp 于 2010-6-26 23:24 编辑

Agree or disagree;
The best way to learn about a foreign country is by reading newspaper or magazines

All road leads to Rome. This idiom tells us there are many ways to reach the goal. So if we desire to learn about a foreign country, we could also use many methods. Reading newspaper or magazines is the best way to learn about a foreign country? I quite agree that it is the way to learn about a foreign country, however, there is other ways better than that.

To begin with, reading newspaper or magazines is a way to learn about the foreign country, but it is not the best. Admittedly, newspaper and magazines publish people’s view, concept, and their customs. But we should notice that Newspaper and magazines have their shortage. If a person who know nothing about a foreign country, reading newspaper or magazines may difficult for him or her to understanding the point of views. As we know, both newspaper and magazines are written for natives, so most of the articles do not introduce much background. Hence, reading newspaper or magazines do help us to learn more about a foreign country, but there is no doubt, it is not the best.

Moreover, for a people who are rich, the best way to learn about a foreign country is to living there for a period. When we are living in the foreign country, talking with people, understanding how they lives could help us to learn their culture, their way of working and thinking directly. For instance, Tony Wang, one of my professor, who is the former president of Asia- Pacific Area of KFC and also lives in American for many years, he knows American culture very deeply. And the subject he teaches is American culture.

At last, for a people who are cannot afford the expense for living in a foreign country, the best way for them is to reading the foreign country’s the novels, history writings or some kind of serious literatures. These kinds of books have detailed background about how their culture formed, and also why they are thinking or doing something which we cannot understand in that way. So this is the best way for people who cannot afford the expense but has strong desire to learn about a foreign country.

To sum up, because of there are many shortage by reading newspaper and magazines to learn a foreign country, I cannot consider it to be the best way. Living in foreign country or reading serious literatures is better than reading newspaper and magazines.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-3-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-6-29 21:36:53 |只看该作者
All road leads to Rome. This idiom tells us there are many ways to reach the goal. So if we desire to learn about a foreign country, we could also use many methods. Reading newspaper or magazines is the best way to learn about a foreign country? I quite agree that it is the way to learn about a foreign country, however, there is (are) other ways better than that.

To begin with, reading newspaper or magazines is a way to learn about the foreign country, but it is not the best. Admittedly, newspaper and magazines publish people’s view, concept, and their customs(不太清楚 view 用不用复数?). But we should notice that Newspaper and magazines have their shortage. If a person who know nothing about a foreign country, reading newspaper or magazines may (be) difficult for him or her to (去掉) understanding the point of views. As we know, both newspaper and magazines are written for natives, so most of the articles do not introduce much background. Hence, reading newspaper or magazines do help us to learn more about a foreign country, but there is no doubt, it is not the best.

Moreover, for a people who are rich, the best way to learn about a foreign country is to living there for a period. When we are living in the foreign country, talking with people, understanding how they lives could help us to learn their culture, their way of working and thinking directly. For instance, Tony Wang, one of my professor, who is the former president of Asia- Pacific Area of KFC and also lives in American for many years,(我觉得改成,it’s because that he live in American for many years, ) he knows American culture very deeply. And the subject he teaches is American culture.(这一句感觉有些怪怪的)

At last, for a people who are(去掉) cannot afford the expense for living in a foreign country, the best way for them is to reading (read) the foreign country’s the novels, history writings or some kind of serious literatures. These kinds of books have detailed (?)background about how their culture formed, and also why they are thinking or doing something (somethings) which we cannot understand in that way (before). So this is the best way for people who cannot afford the expense but has strong desire to learn about a foreign country.

To sum up, because of there are many shortage (shortages?) by reading newspaper and magazines to learn a foreign country, I cannot consider it to be the best way. Living in foreign country or reading serious literatures is better than reading newspaper and magazines.
整体还不错,词汇和句子还需提升,加油!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-1-3
精华
帖子

美版2016offer达人

发表于 2010-7-29 23:19:45 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 tmdxlp 于 2010-7-29 23:23 编辑

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Young people should try several different jobs before they take a long term career.

One of the hottest topic many young people talk about now is should they try several different jobs before they take a long term career. There is not doubt, different people has different ideas, it is impossible to find out an answer to satisfied everyone. In my point of view, I quiet agree with the statement that before young people take a long term career, they should try several different jobs, even though this way may leads some mistakes.

First and foremost, try several different jobs may help young people to find the job that they are really interested in. Most of young people feel confuse when they are starting to work, because they do not know exactly what kind of job they are truly like. My sister, whose first job is as a designer. Several months later, she changes her job as a secretary, and at last, she chooses to be a teacher in the middle school. She said, it is very lucky for her to try several jobs before, or, she will never know what kinds of job she really loves. Hence, if young people do not know what there are really interested in, they should try more jobs before they take a long term career.

Besides, try several jobs before could also help young people get more experience and get a better job finally. There is no doubt, nowadays, all the jobs are interact with others. For example, a person, who works in a logistics company before, and now change his job as a consultant, I firmly believe the experience that he got in the logistics also could play an important role when he as a consultant, and also, the employee like the person who has wider experience.

Last but not least, it may lead some bad results if young people choose the first job as their long term career. Firstly, some young person may not wise enough to choose the good job as their first job, secondly, it also hard for young person to get a good job when they begin to work, because they do not have much working experience. Thirdly, if all people choose the first job as their long term career, it will be fewer entrepreneurs in the world. As we know, most of entrepreneurs were having several years working experience before they start their own businesses. Hence, to avoid those negative results, I deem young people should try several different jobs before they take a long term career.

To sum up, trying several different jobs could help young people to find out their interests, to improve their working experience, and most important, to avoid some negative result. So I strongly believe young people should try several different jobs before they take a long term career.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-7-30 10:32:00 |只看该作者
您好,作文已修改,请查收!水平有限,请包涵!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-7-30 18:54:26 |只看该作者
18# tmdxlp

加油~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-1-3
精华
帖子

美版2016offer达人

发表于 2010-8-14 22:19:34 |只看该作者
8月14日
09.08.07NA      Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine their children’s future for them.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-1-4
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-8-15 20:32:05 |只看该作者
您好,文章已修改,请查收,水平有限,请包涵!

使用道具 举报