注册时间
2014-3-4
精华
帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant 荷兰队

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-5-19 14:37:25 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览

很高兴寄托此次与NUS ISS的合作!本场联合举办的在线访谈提供给寄托学子踊跃提问的机会,该访谈活动已圆满结束,再次感谢Dr. Leong来到坡版现场!也感谢GTers的大力支持!问答汇编整理如下:

2014.06.14update:PDF版可下载附件↓

Q1:Computer control andautomation专业的就业前景怎样?

Computer control and automation are important inmanufacturing. Singapore is still trying to maintain 30% of economy inmanufacturing. But it's likely that systems level programming for computercontrol and automation will be for specialized areas only.

Q2:在新加坡做IT的话,一般什么岗位需求量大一些呢?我学的是Java方面,目前在做J2EE,安卓和hadoop,请问这些方向在新加坡前景怎么样?提升的空间大不大?

J2EE is in high demand in enterprise IT - the kind of jobs inbig corporations. Android is good but companies working on mobile in Singaporewill want iOS, Android and HTML5. Native app development (iOS and Android) isuseful in many startups and small companies. Hadoop is quite specialized andmost large organizations are likely to use tools from vendors, rather thangoing down into Hadoop itself. But again, small companies and startups will useHadoop and related extensions for "Big Data".

Q3:What is the trend for IT inSingapore? Ascending, descending or maintaining? What is the average salary andapproximate employment rate for GDip students in Singapore IT industries? Andfor Masters? What is the most possible occupation for entry level GDipstudents? And Masters?

We must first understand what is "IT". There is adifference between the IT work in large organizations in contrast to IT(computer science) efforts in smaller companies and startups. All companiestoday have a very strong digital components, and their need for data storage,data centre, application development, etc., is increasing. For small companies,there is a greater need for strong programmers able to be flexible and get thejob done using open source platforms and tools.

Average salary for GDipSA students is overS$3000-S$3500. Employment rate of students is high. Most students will get ajob offer - but not everybody accepts the job because it may not be the rightjob for them. One of the advantages of the GDipSA internships is that potentialemployers can see how well the interns work. That's why it's important thatinterns are very serious about internships in the companies.

The salary for masters degrees depends on theorganization. Many of our students who graduate with masters degree have manyyears of working experience so it's not easy to compare.

The most likely job for entry level GDipSA studentsis as a programmer. For masters degree, there are many jobs available.

Q4: I am student whomajored in biotechnology, and now I am planing for admission to system analysisin ISS. But I have some doubts in the transition of my occupation in the future.My questions are:

1)   Do you thinkthere would be a general trend of multidisciplinary development in informationtechnology and biological technology in coming years?

2)   If they do, isit would be an advantages for student who have both been educated in biologyand informatics, just like me, to get into the relevant industry?

3)   and I alsowonder you suggestions towards how to make a preferable planning if I want tocombine those two fields and bring them into full play?

1. There is already a strong trend in cross-disciplinarystudies and IT and Bio-technology is one of them. We have such courses inschools in Singapore too.

2. Yes, there is always an advantage forstudents who have domain knowledge outside of IT skills. Biotechnology is astrong core area for Singapore economy.

3. There is no magic about planning. You need toget your degree and manage a good grade (distinction is always better) thenlook for jobs in the biotechnology domain. Work hard and get the rightexperience. Because you have domain knowledge, it will help you do better thanyour peers.

Q5: I am a senior studentmajoring in automation, and about to go to NTU's MSc program Embedded Systemsfor further study. below are my questions.

1) I choose this program to strengthen my codingability, but I prefer to join an automation company in the future. How are thedevelopments of those EE company such as Siemens, ABB in Singapore? Can a freshgraduate in embedded system find a relevant job there?

2) Could you introduce some different careerpaths of an IT staff, especially an embedded engineer?

3) What kind of companies do embedded graduatesmainly go for? (Electrical, Software, Chip, Network……)And which can developmore comprehensive abilities for us ?

4) How is the work stress of low leveldevelopment engineer like embedded engineers in Singapore? I heard many CSemployers often stay up late to finish the coding  tasks. what's thecircumstance in embeded developing?

The NTU MSc programme in embedded systems is very good. Itwill prepare you for jobs in the hardware and systems engineering companies.

1. Siemens, ABB, etc. all have largemanufacturing organizations in Singapore. They come to Singapore because theycan hire the right level of expertise. This has to be at higher skill levels.For the lower skill work, it's much cheaper in other countries.

2. One of the strongest growth areas is inhardware products for consumers, and there are many startups building suchdevices, e.g., for health monitoring, e-watch, virtual reality, etc., and theseall require integration of the hardware and the software. So there is a lot ofopportunity for engineers who can program at the driver level.

3. I'm sorry but I don't know which is the bestarea. I'm also not familiar with the US market for automation and control.

4. Whether work is stressful or not is the samewhether you are in Singapore or USA. There are always times when everybody hasto work very hard, e.g., when there is a project dateline. It doesn't matterwhether you are in software engineering, programming or embedded systems. Inmany cases, it depends more on the company than the job.

Q6:what's the  averagesalary that an IT company pays for a new Master graduate?what ’s the skill that  an hiring IT company regard as themost important?

Average starting salary depends on the degree and yourprevious working experience. For our graduates (no working experience), it isover S$4000/month before bonuses, etc.

The most important skill is to get the job done- persistence. You need to be broad based and the technology doesn't matter.

Q7:Any books to recommend forthe system analysis students?

There are many sites on the internet where you can find outmore about systems analysis. No recommendations for books.

Q8:毕业后起薪多少新币啊?根据往届毕业生情况,一般毕业多久可拿PR和公民?ISS或其他机构的短期课程是否对ISS学生有优惠?

The starting salary after graduation for most of our studentsis about S$3000-S$3500/month, but some will earn more.We are unable to say anything about PR and citizenshipas that is up to the government. It has varied a lot in the past. There are no discounts at other institutions forISS students signing up for short courses.

Q9:从新加坡IT圈Q群里收集来的提问,代表已工作人士的实际心声。

1)what job can earn highestsalary in Singapore averagely in IT industry?

2)what job can get PR moreeasier than others in IT industry?

3)what job can get girls moreeasier than others in IT industry?

4)why the average salary ofIndian is much more than we Chinese in IT industry?

1. The best paying jobs (on average) tend to come in theFinance Industry. The jobs where you take responsibility and deliverprojects/profits are those that give the best rewards.

2. We do not know what jobs are likely to get PRmore easily. That is up to the government.

3. I have no idea which IT jobs are more likelyfor you to meet possible girlfriends (or boyfriends if you are a girl), but theIT industry on the whole has many men. The ladies often end up in projectmanagement roles, but you will work with everybody.

4. I believe that the typical Indian ITprofessional has a language advantage over the Chinese professional. As youwork longer and rise in your position, one of the most important skills isgoing to be the ability to communicate, present and write.

Q10:Is getting working visa easyfor IT professionals in Singapore?

I'm sorry but I'm unable to comment on visa issues as that isup to the government.

Q11:Why Singapore is a good placeto study IT?

Singapore is a good place to study many subjects, not justIT. There is a very strong IT sector especially for large organizations.Students who do internships can find a large variety of positions in manydifferent areas.

Q12:What type of IT business arepopular in Singapore?

There is a lot of growth in various areas of IT. Theseinclude business analytics, internet-of-things (sensors and drivers), machinelearning, etc.

Q13:Which area of IT has betterprospect in Singapore?

There is opportunity in Singapore for most areas of IT. Whatyou learn in terms of IT skills is not as important as what you do with it.It's the attitude and the ability to learn from mistakes, and to contributeback to the company that you work for. This is likely to make more of adifference than specific IT skills.

Q14:Why the MNC like to set up anoffice in Singapore?

Many reasons. From the corporate perspective, they set upheadquarters in Singapore because it's politically stable, and is wellprotected from natural disasters (no typhoon, no earthquake, no volcano, etc.),and has strong R&D and trained people. Also the government supportsbusiness and foreign companies coming to Singapore.

Q15:What is KnowledgeEngineering? Who is suitable to study it? What business will need knowledgeengineers?

1. Knowledge Engineering (KE) is basically building systemsthat use data driven techniques (machine learning, business analytics, etc.) toautomate processes that are usually done by human beings, or else to providedata and insight for better decision making.

2. KE is approachable by many students, but thebest would be those that are stronger in computer science subjects, includedata mining, algorithms, intelligent systems, etc.

3. All businesses need KE if they have strategicsystems that have a lot of data. Currently our students work in many companiesin a lot of different domains.

Q16:What’s unique about GraduateDiploma in Systems Analysis? How do you teach the IT skills in a year? Whatdoes Singapore IT industry see the students from graduate diploma in systemsanalysis?

The GDipSA degree is different in being a conversion course -we do not assume that the student has any prior background in computer scienceor IT, though if you have such a background, it will help you. We have had topstudents in the programme who did not have either computer science orengineering background.

The GDipSA course is divided into many veryintensive modules. We expect students to work very hard to learn what we teach,and to finish the assignments. We are currently recruiting our 40th batch ofGDipSA students (we started teaching in 1981) so we have a lot of experience inmaking sure we are successful in our teaching. The programme is hands-on andattendance in all lectures/workshops is compulsory. This has been a recipe forsuccess for many years.

Q17:How does ISS find internshipopportunities for its students? Why ISS thinks internship is important to theirstudents?

We have been teaching GDipSA for 33 years. Many companies inSingapore know of us, and know that we have interns every year or twice a year.So it is not difficult for us to get opportunities for our students to work ininteresting organizations.

Internship is a very important part of theprogramme. You can't learn everything from just lectures and assignments. Theinternship is a safe place where you can learn and make mistakes where youremployer is more forgiving. It also introduces the students to the real world.Sometimes in teaching, the answers are either black or white (you either get itright or wrong). But in the real world, it's often grey in colour - not asimple answer. So you have to learn to deal with that.

Q18:How’s job market in ITindustry? What are the paths for advancing careers in IT?

The job market in the IT industry is very very tight - thereare a lot more jobs than there are workers. But it depends on what skills youhave, and how good they are. Our internship companies often tell us that if wecan give them good students as interns, it's very likely they will get a joboffer at the end of the internship.

There are two main paths for advancement in IT -either technical or management. Technical means you continue to deepen yourtechnical area in a domain (such as system architecture, or softwareengineering, etc.) and you become an expert in those areas. The other ismanagement where you can focus on project management, outsourcing, etc.

Q19:Will female have goodprospect in Singapore IT job market?

There is no discrimination against women in the Singapore ITjob market.

Q20:What’s your advice forstudents who want to come to ISS?

Be prepared to work very hard. Improve your English. You cando that by speaking English among yourselves (or mix with Indian students onceyou're in Singapore). Watch English TV and read English newspapers. Always say"yes" when people ask you to do something :-)

Q21:What is the differencesbetween ISS and School of Computing in NUS?

The School of Computing (SoC) is one of the top computerscience research departments in the world (not just in Asia). So the professorsare very good but they will teach at the academic level. Many of them wouldnever have worked in industry (the real world) before.

ISS teaching is based on practice - we are ITprofessionals teaching others to become IT professionals. Most of us have manyyears of experience in the industry - we can share what really happens incompanies, and what works and doesn't work. As I said in an earlier reply, thereal world is not black or white - there are often no "right" answer.So you have to do the best you can, and we are used to that.

Q22:I am a M.Eng. stuent ofMAE.Is it easy for a MAE student to change his field to CS? I mean Ph.D.

I assume that MAE = Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering?It actually doesn't matter. The GDipSA programme is designed to convert anybodyto an IT career. It's not designed to take you to a PhD programme. Our mastersdegrees are also professional masters, not research masters, degrees so theyprepare you for a working life, not a PhD.

Whether it's easy for you to convert from MAE toCS PhD depends on you more than it depends on your background. My PhD is not inthe same area as my undergraduate degree - what it meant was that in my firstyear, I studied twice as hard as everybody else to catch up.

Q23:I joined the exam of GDipSAyesterday in Shanghai. I want to know if I want a Master Degree on this course,what can I do ?

The GDipSA and Masters programme are totally differentprogrammes. We normally require that our Masters students have at least a fewyears of working experience. But we will accept top students without workingexperience.

Quite a few of our GDipSa students come back todo a part-time masters with ISS. They work for a while then come back becausethey know they got a very good education with the GDipSA so they trust us andthey come back for the Masters.

Q24:I want to know what we shouldprepare to employment in IT industry in Singapore ?and What the biggest problemwill happen to Non-professional students?

I answered the first part in another post above. You need to workvery hard (during and after you graduate from ISS) but you must also improveyour language skills, presentation skills and writing skills.

I don't think there is a problem fornon-professional students. Many of the startups today are started by non-technicalpeople. They are the ones with the dreams and the ideas. But they need partnerswho are technical and together they can create things that neither person cando by themselves.

Q25:what's the difference betweenKE and the new major EBAC?

EBAC (Enterprise Business Analytics) is designed to createdata scientists - the people who ask the right kind of questions that areanswered by the right data. You do not have to be a programmer to be a datascientist. Many are mainly tool users - using software systems in aninteractive manner.

The KE degree is slightly different in that weteach the students to build the software systems to do the same thing. So mustbe more programming oriented.

So both are related to Business Analytics, butEBAC is for the end-user and KE is for the intelligent system developer.

Q26:what the proportion ofinternational students at NUS?

I'm sorry but I don't know the proportion of internationalstudents at NUS. However, forISS, we have a large number of international students. Our students are eitherpart-time or full-time. Most of the part-time students are local, and most ofthe full-time masters students are international students.

Q27I'm preparing for the certificationexams of SAS. Could a good degree in SAS be a plus for my application to ECBA?

When we evaluate the applications for EBAC, we do not look atcertifications unless you meet the other requirements. However, if you getadmitted to the MTech EBAC and you have experience with SAS, it will be veryhelpful for you.

Q28:whether You honor school willprovide our students English communications or writing skills in IT industry ?Imean like seminar or something else?

No, we do not provide English communication or writing skillsfor IT industry. The main reason is that you need practice in speaking Englishand in writing English not more lessons. If you come to NUS-ISS, I stronglyrecommend that you become fully immersed in English - speak English with yourfellow students, watch English TV and read English books/newspapers. That isthe only way to improve. Even today, I listen to the BBC radio every morningand try and get my own children to listen to it.

However, the university as a whole does havesome help for English writing and communication but most of it is forundergraduates. They will help if you are writing your resume for a job, orpreparing for an interview, but that is only once off. It doesn't improve yourEnglish language skills.

近日论坛内关于『转CS』的话题引发了很多争论,对于不了解这一专业的GTer以及身为本专业的学生,想必都会用很多的疑问及困惑。当今IT行业需要甚麽技术?未来信息技术行业将以何种趋势发展?在新加坡读IT/CS研究生院有哪些竞争优势?15年的申请者是否有将NUS纳入梦校申请列表?

请厘清思路抛出英文问题 让我们期待Dr. Leong的回答!

活动时间

互动时间:2014年5月30日(周五) 20:30—22:30
提问时间:即刻起到互动环节结束

嘉宾介绍

本次我们请到的嘉宾是Dr. Leong Mun Kew。Dr. Leong现为新加坡国立大学系统科学院副院长,曾任职于新加坡国家图书馆首席技术官及副首席信息官兼董事。他拥有斯坦福大学博士学位,超过25年的研发和IT的商务经验。曾为ISO/JTC1/WG2/24800 JPSearch国际标准主席及主编及信息检索,信息处理与管理期刊杂志的主编。

参与方式

❀所有GTer均可在本帖中回复并写下提问。Dr. Leong将于在线访谈时段进行回答。
GTers用英文提问,嘉宾Dr. Leong英文回复(寄托版主会适时补充一些中文说明)。
嘉宾Dr. Leong将于访谈时段保持在线,以NUS-MunKew账号回答大家提出的问题,NUS-ISS学院官方届时也会与同学们进行即时的线上交流(全程在论坛以回帖方式进行 )。

扩展阅读

(✌゚∀゚)☞NUS ISS专业采访介绍 (20楼详情)
(✌゚∀゚)☞葡萄哥回答NUS生活问题
(✌゚∀゚)☞开帖回答关于NUS申请的问题
(✌゚∀゚)☞关于NUS的ISS,SMU硕士项目的问题 (21楼详情)
(✌゚∀゚)☞NUS ISS Master of Technology 2011招生简章

新加坡国立大学(NUS)始创于1905年,是新加坡历史最悠久、学科设置最广泛、学生人数最多的著名学府。新加坡国立大学因其全球教育和研究方法而享有盛誉,是亚洲排名第1名及全球前25名的一所高校。

系统科学院(ISS)成立于1981年,是新加坡国立大学的一个专业培训学院,提供IT研究生教育和专业发展课程,旨在培养信息通讯领导者并推动企业和组织创新。迄今已有来自138个国家的7.5万余名信息通讯专业人士从这些课程中获益。该学院提供世界一流的研究生课程和专业文凭,以及专业发展课程。此外,该学院还开展研究工作,并为业界提供咨询服务,以帮助推动公私营部门进行创新。

系统科学院提供新加坡国立大学软件工程科技硕士,知识工程科技硕士,企业商务分析科技硕士学位及系统分析研究生文凭课程课程。

*软件工程科技硕士学位课程旨在培养IT专业人士和管理人员,领导企业采用先进的方法、技术和工具来管理软件生态系统,从而获得更好的成果。课程设置主要强调对先进技术和管理学科的了解和利用。课程注重创新技术的实际应用以及培养IT人员的创新能力。

*知识工程科技硕士学位课程设置注重智能系统的概念、技巧和方法,以及运用这些概念、技巧和方法开发数据解析应用程序。该课程将使您掌握相关的知识、观念和专门技能,从而利用各种方法、工具和技术帮助企业创建知识密集型解决方案和应用程序。

*企业商务分析科技硕士学位课程将使您成为变革的推动者,了解如何在充斥着大量数据的环境中利用信息技术和商业解析来提供有效的增长策略。它为有志成为企业商业解析专家、精英和领导者的学生提供了一条康庄大道。

*系统分析研究生文凭课程是硕士的预科。为专门有志于从事IT行业或者希望提升自身IT技能的专业人士所设。毕业时可获得新国大毕业证书,也获得中国教育部认证。同时为升学或就业准备。课程注重到新加坡IT业界5个月实践和学习。

*附官网:http://www.iss.nus.edu.sg/

附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
shuaiman + 20 + 5 嘉宾的规格好高啊!管理员太威武了

总评分: 寄托币 + 20  声望 + 5   查看全部投币

Every path is the right path.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-11-28
精华
帖子

在任资深版主 19周年勋章 Golden Apple US-applicant 寄托兑换店纪念章 新加坡SG APPLICANT 新加坡SG ASSISTANT 新加坡SG ADVISOR Gemini双子座 新任版主 寄托22周年 FALL祈福章

沙发
发表于 2014-5-19 17:06:55 |只看该作者
big cong!
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 15 + 15 lol

总评分: 寄托币 + 15  声望 + 15   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-1-18
精华
帖子

寄托优秀版主 Gemini双子座 德意志之心 新加坡SG ADVISOR 新加坡SG ASSISTANT 新加坡SG APPLICANT 寄托兑换店纪念章 烤鸭大厨 在任资深版主

板凳
发表于 2014-5-19 21:59:07 |只看该作者
全力支持!
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 19 + 12 感谢支持!

总评分: 寄托币 + 19  声望 + 12   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2012-3-16
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2014-5-19 22:56:29 |只看该作者
别的专业就业前景能问吗

例如 computer control and automation
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由
homuncilus + 17 感谢支持!

总评分: 寄托币 + 17   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-22
精华
帖子
发表于 2014-5-20 15:51:17 |只看该作者
kingwoeway 发表于 2014-5-19 22:56
别的专业就业前景能问吗

例如 computer control and automation

谢谢提问!

对不起,隔行如隔山!Dr Leong 只回答IT产业相关问题。无法帮到别的专业。
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 18 赞隔行如隔山

总评分: 声望 + 18   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-3-30
精华
帖子

新加坡SG APPLICANT

发表于 2014-5-20 19:07:56 来自手机 |只看该作者
顶一个
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由
homuncilus + 19 感谢支持!

总评分: 寄托币 + 19   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-24
精华
帖子

新加坡SG APPLICANT

发表于 2014-5-20 20:52:26 |只看该作者
您好!我想请问下在新加坡做IT的话,一般什么岗位需求量大一些呢?我学的是Java方面,目前在做J2EE,安卓和hadoop,请问这些方向在新加坡前景怎么样?提升的空间大不大?
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 11 + 6 互动那天记得英文提问唷

总评分: 寄托币 + 11  声望 + 6   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-2-22
精华
帖子
发表于 2014-5-21 08:46:45 |只看该作者
loseair123 发表于 2014-5-20 20:52
您好!我想请问下在新加坡做IT的话,一般什么岗位需求量大一些呢?我学的是Java方面,目前在做J2EE,安卓和 ...

谢谢提问!

已将您的问题翻译给Dr Leong. 他将会在5月30日回答。
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 20 辛苦!

总评分: 声望 + 20   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-4-16
精华
帖子

Golden Apple 新加坡SG ADVISOR 新加坡SG ASSISTANT 新加坡SG APPLICANT 寄托兑换店纪念章 中秋勋章

发表于 2014-5-21 09:39:00 |只看该作者
大力赞!辛苦管理员了~
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 15 蟹蟹Yumi支持!

总评分: 声望 + 15   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-8-20
精华
帖子

一帆枫顺   寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant

发表于 2014-5-21 10:13:27 |只看该作者
越来越高级了~~~赞!!!!
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 12 XDDDD

总评分: 声望 + 12   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-8-18
精华
帖子

新加坡SG APPLICANT

发表于 2014-5-21 14:36:02 |只看该作者
到时候一定上线关注!
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 15 + 9 现在也可以提问吖

总评分: 寄托币 + 15  声望 + 9   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-5-12
精华
帖子
发表于 2014-5-22 00:08:21 |只看该作者
Dear Dr Leong, I wish you may kindly let me know,

1. What is the trend for IT in Singapore? Ascending, descending or maintaining?

2. What is the average salary and approximate employment rate for GDip students in Singapore IT industries? And for Masters?

3. What is the most possible occupation for entry level GDip students? And Masters?

Thanks for your answers!
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由
homuncilus + 50 Thanks for your question!

总评分: 寄托币 + 50   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-1-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2014-5-25 14:32:45 来自手机 |只看该作者
Dr Leong:
         I am student who majored in biotechnology,and now I am planing for admission to system analysis in ISS. But I have some doubts in the transition of my occupation in the future. My questions are:
         1) Do you think there would be a general trend of multidisciplinary development in information technology and biological technology in coming years?
         2) If they do, is it would be an advantages for student who have both been educated in biology and informatics,just like me,to get into the relevant industry?
         3) and I also wonder you suggestions towards how to make a preferable planing if I want to combine those two fields and bring them into full play?
         I would appreciate for any directions you give
          Thank you
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-6-22
精华
帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant

发表于 2014-5-26 11:30:20 |只看该作者

大力赞!辛苦管理员了~ ME坐观CS大战
已有 1 人评分寄托币 声望 收起 理由
homuncilus + 6 + 8 噗 赶紧搬板凳儿

总评分: 寄托币 + 6  声望 + 8   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-9-2
精华
帖子

新加坡SG APPLICANT US-applicant

发表于 2014-5-26 16:10:06 |只看该作者
Dear Dr. Leong,
I am a senior student majoring in automation, and about to go to NTU's MSc program Embedded Systems for further study. below are my questions.

1. I choose this program to strengthen my coding ability, but I prefer to join an automation company in the future. How are the developments of those EE company such as Siemens, ABB in Singapore? Can a fresh graduate in embedded system find a relevant job there?

2. Could you introduce some different career paths of an IT staff, especially an embedded engineer?

3. What kind of companies do embedded graduates mainly go for? (Electrical, Software, Chip, Network……)And which can develop more comprehensive abilities for us ?

4. How is the work stress of low level development engineer like embedded engineers in Singapore? I heard many CS employers often stay up late to finish the coding  tasks. what's the circumstance in embeded developing?

Thank you very much. Best wishes.
已有 1 人评分寄托币 收起 理由

使用道具 举报

RE: 【问答汇总】[寄托在线谈]NUS ISS副院长与你聊聊IT行业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子