注册时间
2004-8-21
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-11-9 14:04:30 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
issue147

Tradition and modernization are incompatible. One must choose between them.
提纲 (观点 不同意)

1 T 对 M 的帮助
2 M 对 T的保护
3 让步,必要时候二者选一 但结尾转过来到我的原观点了

注: 我用了习作区的一些例子 谢谢heihui和 feire 我把自己的例子想起了就改下
     此外,我自己感觉主要 语言 有欠缺,希望大家能在这方面帮我改下 :)
     此外,凡是建议都欢迎!

Tradition or modernization, is it a dilemma that we have to choose between them? As far as I am concerned, though the two conflicts sometimes, they are mutually benefit and coexist with each other.

On the one hand, tradition serves as the fundamentals of the modernization. Many new discoveries today are based on traditional ideas. For example, the Astronomy, a science to explore and study the celestial world, leans heavily on the researches in the past. Ancient people observed space, recorded those phenomena and handed down through generations, which provides extremely valuable proofs and information for our research today. Undeniable, without those data, no matter how an advanced telescope is or what an accurate computer we use, all the conclusions we theorize as well as our arduous work are in vain. Besides, a lot of traditional virtues are still highly appreciated in today's developed society and guild people's behavior in their very walks of modern lives. For instance, the virtue of honesty, which used be one of the standards to measure one's morality, is no longer old-fashioned. Take a businessperson for example, he/she should be honesty, not sell fake products if he/she wants to keep customer loyalty; as for a politician, he/she is expected not to withhold information about the country, but tells the truth to his or her citizens. In this sense, tradition brings benefits to modernization.

On the other hand, the relationship between tradition and modernization is not just signal directed, and modernization also plays a paramount effect on protesting tradition. One striking example is move of historical site by the Nile river owing to the instruction of Aswan High Dam in Egyptian. If it is not for the use of modern technologies and advanced tools, such a big project cannot be done; otherwise the water would flood this place of interest. What's more, our predecessors have leaven much precious knowledge distilled from their experience and wisdom most in the form of books, which would probably be destroyed if two many people directly touch and read it. Yet we need not worrying about it anymore, since we can establish a online library and scan those books on the internet, then readers are able to access into it conveniently.

However, there is certain time that traditional ideas and people's modern attitude is not compatible due to the development of society, and we have to choose a one while abject another. The transition of people’s attitude towards the woman's status in society serves as an example. But in most other time tradition and modernization are bound closely to each other. Without tradition, our modern world is like a skyscraper that has no base; without modernization, traditional heritages just a lake of dead water that has no exit.

Obviously, both tradition and modernization have their essence and effect on the other. Only if we put both of them in the right positions and coordinate them well, our society can be better benefited.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-2-22
精华
帖子

Libra天秤座 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2004-11-10 22:31:27 |只看该作者
请再仔细看看NEEDLE的那个关于发贴格式的帖子
issue 147 中间不要加那个空格
另外,看得出你很努力,加油:)
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky!

坚强 是无论面前是高山还是海洋
都能始终执着的去追求心中的梦想~~~~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-10-17
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2004-11-11 06:23:45 |只看该作者
"he/she should be honesty" - honest
"plays a paramount effect on protesting" - protecting
also, p1 & p2 both seems to be on the same side of the argument, therefore using "On the one hand...On the other hand..." isn't a very good choice (as they usually mean two opposing ideas).  maybe something like "First of all...Secondly..."
haha, I never think of anything funny to put here

使用道具 举报

RE: issue 147 tradition 和 modernization [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子