帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 US-applicant

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-4-6 15:45:57 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 msunxm 于 2014-4-6 15:55 编辑

求互改,老实说超时了五分钟,因为第一次写真的好紧张啊,好多词到嘴边想不起来。。。。。。。。。。。

写的十分不好,不要鄙视。。。

17.The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of WWAC radio station.
"To reverse a decline in listener numbers, our owners have decided that WWAC must change from its current rock-music format. The decline has occurred despite population growth in our listening area, but that growth has resulted mainly from people moving here after their retirement. We must make listeners of these new residents. We could switch to a music format tailored to their tastes, but a continuing decline in local sales of recorded music suggests limited interest in music. Instead we should change to a news and talk format, a form of radio that is increasingly popular in our area."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
———————————————————————————————————————
The manager holds the idea that WWAC radio station has to change from its current rock-music format into a news and talk format so that the radio station can prevent itself from continuing losing listeners. In manager’s opinion, the declines of the listener numbers firstly result from the change of residents and their interests. Despite such change, there is also some information of the local sales of recorded music. Through the analysis of the manager, he or she gives the radio station the suggestion I mentioned at the beginning. But I think I need to know more information and evidence before convince the manager.

If the manager regards the declines of listener numbers as the result of the rock-music format, I cannot believe such reason unless the manager gives me some evidence that the format is the only factor that can cause the declines of listener numbers. As we know, there are many reasons for people to like and listen to a radio program besides the format. For example, the emcee in the program may be many people’s favorite emcee, so they choose to listen to the radio without considering about what does the emcee talk about in the program. Without the evidence in such aspect, we cannot simply regard the format as the main reason that cause the declines.

Except for the evidence that the format is the only factor can influence the listener numbers, I also need some information about the relationship between a continuing decline in the sales of recorded music and the change of people’s interests in music. As the manager talking about, the decline of recorded music means that people now have less interest in music. But there may be some other reason can also result in the decline. Just use my feelings about it; I used to buy recorded music in the shop years ago. For the development of the Internet and digital music, I prefer to download music instead of buying music and playing it with a CD machine. So I cannot agree with the conclusion made by the manager that the decline in sales of recorded music equals to less interest now compared with past without a specific evidence.

I can guarantee the manager’s idea about reasons cause the decline in listener numbers for the moment, but there is also a big problem need evidence that the prospect of the news and talk format will be good enough to stop the radio station from losing audiences to be solved out. It may be true that people living in this area like listening to the format of news and talk now, but even the manager cannot predict the prospect of such format. There is possibility that a news and talk format is not popular with residents when the WWAC radio station begins to change its own program format. The goal manager wants to achieve will not come true without thinking about it carefully in such situation.

To guarantee the manager’s suggestion, I need at least three more evidences mentioned in the article. What’s more, I suggest the staff in WWAC radio station can make some other plans may be better than the manager’s suggestion, such as inviting some top stars to be their emcees so that they can attract their fans to listening to the program.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2014-2-13
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2014-4-8 15:16:28 |只看该作者
不会的!!