注册时间
2002-8-10
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-8-19 12:22:38 |显示全部楼层 |倒序浏览
B2中第一次尝试用了下定义的方法,不知道用得合不合适,大家拍吧~

Society does not place enough emphasis on the intellect—that is, on reasoning and other cognitive skills.

Whether the society paid enough emphasis on the intellect, including the capabilities of reasoning and other cognitions, as the speaker assert? I fundamentally agree with the speaker's assertion.

To begin with, the emphasis paid on reasoning is too limited. Although we have learned and trained such capability from the day we came into a high school, actually, the occasions we use it in our daily life are very very rare. Take people's attitude to the so-called authorities in certain field for example. People usually regard the words and opinions of the authorities as something absolutely correct and will never fail. Few people will question the authors. Even when they have learned the capability of reasoning, which can make people to analyze and question, people who use the reasoning capability in their lives are very rare. Not only in the attitude towards the authority, but also in the attitude to the various so-called facts and the superficial phenomena of the world, people show little emphasis on reasoning. Take the large amount of appealing advertises in all kinds of media nowadays for example, few people can completely keep a cool brain and use the reasoning capability to analyze them. Most of the commons, unfortunately, can realize the truth masked under the appealing surface. For these reason, I assert that reasoning capability in fact call little attention to our society, although we actually has this capability.

While the reasoning has learned by most people, I find our society place even lower emphasis on the capability of cognitions. In my article, I define it in the field of emotion, such as the capability of cognizing beauty, the consciousness and judgement to the good and evil. In fact, most of us, including the professional educators place little attention to the cognition. From the time we grow up, our parents and educators emphasize much on the learning of knowledge such as math, languages, kinds of sciences, or specified technologies, which can help us finding a good job in the future. However, rarely we are told to learn the capabilities of cognition to the goods and evils. This also is a reason that why nowadays, many highly refined people, including the political leaders, the sports players, the singers, cannot escape from evils minds--some of them reduce to the lawbreakers, the murders, or the druggers. In fact, only with the proper judgement and consciousness can we become the true independent people. Unfortunately, the society in fact has paid little emphasis on them.

To conclude, I fundamentally agree with the speaker in that the emphasis placed on the capability of reasoning and the cognition by our society is so limited and far away from enough.

我不去想是否能够成功
既然选择了远方
便只顾风雨兼程
……一切,都在意料之中。
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-8-10
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2004-8-19 13:03:43 |显示全部楼层
23号,考前第4天成功,可能是限时成功最晚了的吧?大家有我例子可以no worry啦,
下午再写2篇巩固胜利,坚持到底HOHO~

我不去想是否能够成功
既然选择了远方
便只顾风雨兼程
……一切,都在意料之中。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-8-10
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2004-8-19 16:46:41 |显示全部楼层
to Jonsoncao :不惨不惨,总之在考试之前写完了
to cleonlx: 几号考呢?

我不去想是否能够成功
既然选择了远方
便只顾风雨兼程
……一切,都在意料之中。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-8-10
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2004-8-19 21:49:04 |显示全部楼层
谢谢大家!那个judgment 原来我有一贯上的错误认识:)
另外to cleonlx:
emphasis ->emphasize
问:the happening of Enron Gate是什么丑闻哪?另外我觉得Iraq war牵涉到政治动机,不一定就是没有reasoning啊,你的B3是不是这个意思,也许我理解错了。其实我觉得你在B2可以说明没有reasoning会怎么样,因为题目讨论的是否enough?而不是有没有重视?试体会一下,如果reasoning没有用,即使不重视也没有错,也不存在enough了。所以我觉得B3加上去可以显得更好一些,不一定对,你再斟酌一下
总的来说不错的,特别对intellect的分析很有力,是查了字典的吧?羡慕ing,偶对好多词的理解可能还有问题呢,没有时间了。另外请教一下,其实我对intellect的介定不是很了解,你说包括有意识和无意识的?有意识的无非就是reasoning,memorizing等等了,但无意是的是什么呢
在我的B2中所说的judgment to goods and evils是有意识还是无意识的呢?你说的那是理性判断不属于emotion我好象不太懂。对cognition,我只查了一下浪文,cognition是consciousness and judgment to things...大概之类的吧,我记不得了,现在怎么觉得我定义的道德观念(是非感)好象不是intellect呢?讨论一下~

到底那些属于理性上的

我不去想是否能够成功
既然选择了远方
便只顾风雨兼程
……一切,都在意料之中。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-8-10
精华
帖子