声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-3-19
精华
帖子

Scorpio天蝎座 荣誉版主

发表于 2005-4-24 16:11:55 |只看该作者
2)  What is your major? What is your favorite subject? Can it be used to military utilities []?  
    第一个问题有

5)  When/where did you get your BS/MS?
    简单的说明,都是医学方面应该不算换专业,而且美国M.D都是需要做科研的。
I got my Diploma in clinical Medicine in 2001. School of Medicine, the XXX University of medical sciences
I got my Master of science degree in 2004 in the XXX University of medical sciences.

6)  What/where are you working now?   76) What is your current project in your company? What are you responsible for in your present post?  102) what have you done in your research? 26)  What have you done after you graduated from university? What do you do now? What’s your duty? How long have you been working for the institute?

考察科研能力和工作经历的。也同时考察回国的tie。要好好回答。
After graduation, I’m working as Professor XXX`s research assistant in the Institute for Viral Hepatitis Research. Mainly my work is studying the relations between the Hepatitis B virus X protein and Liver cancer development. 什么工作,工作具体内容

Professor XXX and I applied for and finally got a research fund from Natural Science Foundation of China to investigate the possible regulatory role of Wnt signaling in liver cancer development.经费申请

The institute I’m working in is one of the best hepatitis B research facilities in mainland China, and has been recently awarded with the distinguished title of National Key Laboratory by the Chinese government. 介绍所里情况

7)  How long will you study in USA?
    时间不太长就要注意好好规划回国的计划,因为时间不太长归国计划可信度比较高,要重视。
   I am supposed to study in the USA about 1 year. My visit is partially supported by a postdoctoral fellowship award from the XXX university of Medical sciences. Under the conditions for my award, I am obligated to return to my current institute at the request of the XXX university of Medical sciences.

12)  What is your academic background? Do you have any publication (Yes, they are listed on my resume)?
I have been studying HBV and Liver cancer in the Institute for Viral Hepatitis Research for three years and have some papers. Would you like to look at the Paper list or resume? I wrote it on my resume. Also I take some copies of my research papers and magazines.回顾科研的历程
During the study in the institute, Professor Feng and I applied for and finally got a fund from Natural Science Foundation of China to investigate the possible regulatory role of Wnt signaling in liver cancer development. 经费申请
When the SARS spread in China in 2003,the Chinese Department of Public Health gave me a unique opportunity to join in the research team in charge of developing quick diagnostic kits for early detection of the SARS. 抗击sars经历

18)  Why do you like your major?   90) Why did you choose your present job?
As I said before,More than 10% of the population in China may suffer from HBV infection and many of the infected individuals subsequently develop liver cancer. It is urgent that immediate measures should be taken to stop the situation. As a doctor and a researcher,I am under an obligation to help. I took the chance and I’ve never regretted it.  社会意义
Chinese government pays much attention on the HBV and liver cancer and always provides many research funds in this field. 国家重视 And the researcher in this field gets a good salary.

20)  Why do you want to pursue a master's/doctoral degree?
      J1不会问,但是可能改为postdoctoral training
I really need further education now. As a researcher, I have been studying HBV and Liver cancer in the Institute for Viral Hepatitis Research for three years. Lacking of advanced theories and techniques has become an obstacle in my career path. The postdoctoral training about cancer development in the university of Chicago can not only enables me to acquire modern theories and techniques in the field of primary bone tumors, but also assists me in becoming a more proficient, methodic physician scientist contributing to liver cancer therapy in China.

25)  What institution did you attend and what was your major?
     本来是属于第二问的,但是看人家的回答都是说学历,faint!简单的说明,都是医学方面应该不算换专业,而且美国M.D都是需要做科研的。
I got my Diploma in clinical Medicine in 2001. School of Medicine, the XXX University of medical sciences
I got my Master of science degree in 2004 in the XXX University of medical sciences.
如果以前没有说过专业方面的东西,那就把第二问的答案接着说一遍。

49)  What does your major mean?
    第一,二个问题已经说的很清楚了,大不了再说一遍^_^ 可以更通俗 Molecular oncology means we study the cause of tumor through proteins and genes inside human body. You know,~接专业的用处。

13)  How do you know this Univ.? 33)  Why did you choose Xxxxxx University? How much do you know about the university? 17) Why do you choose this Univ.?
     这个问题核心在于如何知道的,为何选择它。所以从芝加哥大学的角度说明。
First,the university of Chicago is a famous university in the world. 大学好
Second, My future advisor, professor He working in The molecular oncology laboratory, the University of Chicago, does the same research and has the similar background. He is a key scientist in the field of Wnt pathway and cancer development in the world, which my research field is concerned. Wnt signaling pathway is an very important role in liver cancer development which HBV causes.专业对口The molecular oncology laboratory in the university of Chicago has a strong research track record in the field of Wnt signaling pathway.专业对口,实验室也对口

Third, Professor  He is an Honorary Professor of XXXg University of Medical Sciences. I knew him ,then I knew the University of Chicago.是我学校荣誉教授

19) Why do you want to study in USA? 27)  Why do you want go to the United States for further study?   重点是why us?
     注意这里是问你为何去美国,从自身的不足开始阐述到芝大和芝大老板的特点。
Because of my major and my research field 开门见山的说。
My future advisor, professor He working in The molecular oncology laboratory, the University of Chicago, does the same research and has the similar background. He is a key scientist in the field of Wnt pathway and cancer development in the world, which my research field is concerned. Wnt signaling pathway is an very important role in liver cancer development which HBV causes.专业对口,并且芝大老板大牛
As a researcher, I have been studying HBV and Liver cancer in the Institute for Viral Hepatitis Research for three years. But I found Lacking of advanced theories and techniques has become an obstacle in my career path. I really need further education. 自身的不足,需要提高
As good luck would have it, The molecular oncology laboratory in the university of Chicago has a strong research track record in the field of Wnt signaling pathway.专业对口,实验室也对口
The postdoctoral training about cancer development there can not only enables me to acquire modern theories and techniques in the field of primary bone tumors, but also assists me in becoming a more proficient, methodic physician scientist contributing to liver cancer therapy in China. So I think I can quickly further my understanding of the relation between the Wnt signal and cancer development there.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-3-19
精华
帖子

Scorpio天蝎座 荣誉版主

发表于 2005-4-29 08:51:22 |只看该作者
还有一个问题请教
小弟大学本科两年前毕业,不过只工作了1年,剩下的时间一边准备GT考试,一边帮朋友做点临时工作(可以让朋友单位领导出具证明)。我大学本科是学习CS的,后因为工作中接触数据分析工作比较多了,加上喜欢编程,所以申请的时候选择的是应用数学,现在的offer是全奖。

关于以上情况,我想问问在面签的时候,VO会不会觉得我后一年的时间为了出国放弃了以前的工作(在一个国内很知名的通信公司工作,待遇一般),而努力学习,意图过于明显而拒签呢?

毕竟转专业也算硬伤,不过我个人觉得数学和计算机之间联系紧密,应该好些。对于工作履历的问题,你觉得我应该坦诚一点,在面签时候说自己在一个单位工作一年,然后自由职业1年好?还是说我在这个单位工作了两年好呢?(我争取可以让我的上级帮忙出具证明)

我觉得还是说在原来单位一年,朋友那个单位一年(不要说自由职业,当成和第一年一样的固定工作),准备好找个好的理由解释为何换工作,千万不要说是为了考gt。
可以结合你的换专业来解释你换工作。多多开发专业的应用前景,一定要通俗易懂。  工资和工作证明都是需要的。    换专业这个东西在国外很常见,不是什么怪事,所以不用担心,不是硬伤。但是如果你不能证明你这个专业和前面专业的联系,不能证明现在专业更有前景(在中国的前景),那么VO 就会觉得你是为了出国而出国(目的就是移民),这样就是超级硬伤了。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2004-7-28
精华
帖子
发表于 2005-4-29 17:55:06 |只看该作者
wow~great!!
很充分的准备。:)
我很快也要在成都签证了。希望好运。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-3-19
精华
帖子

Scorpio天蝎座 荣誉版主

发表于 2005-5-5 20:21:44 |只看该作者
急着及时发签经哟,快啊
高峰就要到了,听到成都形势大好了一天,今天,开心

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-3-19
精华
帖子

Scorpio天蝎座 荣誉版主

发表于 2005-5-7 00:46:18 |只看该作者
Can you explain why 90% Chinese students didn't come back?
     我脾气撅,决定不承认这个数字。本身这个数字怎么回事也不明白。

First, I know nothing about this number!  Is it correct?   
You know, In fact, for the past few years, Professor He have sponsored the training of three scientist. All three of them have returned to   University of Medical Sciences, and are playing leadership roles in their respective research areas. Two current postdoctoral fellows in his laboratory, Dr.   and Dr. , are scheduled to return to the Children’s Hospital of   University of Medical Sciences by the end of September, 2005. Professor He mentioned it in his support letter. Would you like to see?
Second, I am an individual. I only need to be responsible to my own action.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-12
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-4-14 18:42:16 |只看该作者
谢谢啊

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-9-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-5-5 14:00:53 |只看该作者
好贴啊

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-5-15 21:02:13 |只看该作者
10# 莫名N

youyong

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-5-18
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-5-18 20:22:24 |只看该作者
支持一个:)

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-5-26
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-5-27 14:31:11 |只看该作者
终于一睹牛人啊,怎么不见来了啊?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-5-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-5-27 14:32:14 |只看该作者
谢谢分享,正在准备中,很紧张啊~~~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-6-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-6-29 16:00:49 |只看该作者
找了好久十分感谢

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-1-13
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-1-13 22:13:24 |只看该作者
顶 支持 支持

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-4-6
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-3-25 10:35:56 |只看该作者
人磕碜了点

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-4-10 17:31:49 |只看该作者
我根据楼主提供的网址,发现了这么一个信息。
就是大部分的J1似乎已经可以用B1代替了,福音啊……

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1367.html

赫然发现上一个回帖是我哥们儿莫名同学在6年前回的……真是感慨万千,唏嘘不已啊……
莫名滴御用贴手

使用道具 举报

RE: chris song 成都2005年4月6日 J1 1000 jfmm 过 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子