寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-8-21 14:01:05 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
do you agree or disagree the following statement: Being happy with your job is more important than high salary.

Nowadays, with the competition of nearly every realms, it is not very easy to find a job. To find a good job is more difficult. But when it is coming about the "good" job, there is a quetion, happiness and high salary, which one is more important? In my opinion, the former one is the answer.

Admittedly, happiness could not exist without giving you proper salary. But here we should distinguish the conception of high salary with that of the reasonable salary. If your favourite job is to be a teacher which is paied about $3000 per month, but another job about IT could give me $30000 per month. Which one should you choose? My opinion is to do the work that can make you happy and the following is the reasons.

Happiness comes from the feeling of achievements. For instance, if we work as a pineer teacher in a remote area, we can feel that we are crucial to the students  there. Their improvements connect directly with our effort. So we can enjoy the respect from others.

Another advantage of working happily is that we would not get tired of it. Everyday is a fruitful day and everyday we have achievements. If we are at a hatred work, the work itself is a torture. Then the high salary is just worthless. After all, we have sacrificed our valuable time.
Also, the happiness means interest in the work. If we want to succeed in our career, interest is a key no matter we are in scientific research or in service realm. Think about Bill Gates, when he droped out from the Harvard University and began to do his software program, what he lose is the high salary of being a lawyer in the future. But if Gates were appeald by the temporary high salary at that time, he would have been a common lawyer intead of the founder of the Microsoft company.

So when we choose our job, pay more attention to the work itself rather than the salary it brings. If we can gain happiness from it,  then we will get all.
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2005-11-10
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-8-21 20:23:48 |只看该作者
do you agree or disagree the following statement: Being happy with your job is more important than high salary.

Nowadays, with the fierce competition of job position in nearly every realm, people gradually realize the difficulty of finding a job, especially a good job with high salary. So the controversy about whether we should put the salary instead of happiness on the most imporatant seat in job applying has been brought to public attention. In my opinion, the happiness about my job is the more important than high salary.

Admittedly, happiness could not exist without salary. But happiness consists of some other things which money can not replace, such as the respect of others, the feeling of achievement and the passion and interest in the job.

First of all, happiness always relates to the feeling of achievements. For instance, if we work as a volunteer teacher in a remote area, we can feel that we are crucial to the students  there. Their improvements connect directly with our effort. So we can see our wealth according to our achievements.  

Another advantage of working happilly is that we would not get tired of it. If we do what I like, then every day is a fruitful day and everyday we have achievements. Stick around what you are not like, with high salary as the only impetus, you will soon feel boring, not mention to pursue some achievements.

Also, the happiness means interest in the work at the same time. If we want to succeed in our career, interest is an indispensable factor no matter what we are doing. Think about Bill Gates, when he droped out from the Harvard University and began to do his favourite software program, what he lose is the high salary of being a lawyer. But if Gates were attracted by the temporary high salary at that time, he would have been a common lawyer intead of the founder of the Microsoft company. So the high salary is just temporary while the happiness means we can look for opportunities at any time.

So when we choose our job, pay more attention to the work itself rather than the salary it brings. If we can gain happiness from it,  then we will get all.
不懈地努力
来告慰自己未竟的梦想!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-4-15
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2007-8-21 22:48:59 |只看该作者
十月金秋第九次作业

Nowadays, with the competition of nearly every realms, it is not very easy to find a job. To find a good job is more difficult. But when it is coming about the "good" job, there is a quetion, happiness and high salary, which one is more important? In my opinion, the former one is the answer.开头写得很明确

Admittedly, happiness could not exist without giving you proper salary. But here we should distinguish the conception of high salary with that of the reasonable salary. If your favourite job is to be a teacher which is paied about $3000 per month,这里感觉应该再强调一下3000是个reasonable salary吧 but another job about IT could give me $30000 per month. Which one should you choose? My opinion is to do the work that can make you happy and the following is the reasons.

Happiness comes from the feeling of achievements. For instance, if we work as a pineer? teacher in a remote area, we can feel that we are crucial to the students  there. Their improvements connect directly with our effort. So we can enjoy the respect from others.

Another advantage of working happily is that we would not get tired of it. Everyday is a fruitful day and everyday we have achievements. If we are at a hatred work, the work itself is a torture. Then the high salary is just worthless. After all, we have sacrificed our valuable time.感觉这段论述得不是很充分阿,应该再详细写写很更好
Also, the happiness means interest in the work. If we want to succeed in our career, interest is a key no matter we are in scientific research or in service realm. Think about Bill Gates, when he droped out from the Harvard University and began to do his software program, what he lose is the high salary of being a lawyer in the future. But if Gates were appeald by the temporary high salary at that time, he would have been a common lawyer intead of the founder of the Microsoft company.

总的感觉楼主写得不错啊,文章论述全面,但是建议修改一下第四段,觉得有点不充分
(个人意见,仅供楼主参考:))

使用道具 举报

RE: 十月金秋第九次作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发