寄托币
注册时间
2007-11-30
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-8-29 16:32:54 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
125 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All students should be required to
study art and music in secondary school. Use specific reasons to support your answer.

When asked about whether students should receive music and art training in their schools, educators, parents and students split apart within themselves. Some advocate that it is valuable to have this type of experience as it add new blood to the conventional education, but others contend that it would lead students astray from the purpose of education if the music courses becomes requirement. To my mind, cultivation of music and arts can never be neglected, however, it should not turn into a burden of students. It is well known that when the training is assigned as a compulsory task, it would finally lose its spirit.

A good education should always aim for a comprehensive training for well-rounded individuals. If students are told they could only do mathematic homework all day along, or they are trained as computational machines by teachers, could it be what we intend to acquire from education? Arts and music courses at school can even be a good helper for students on their accomplishment of some other courses. They might be a good way for students to release themselves from the heavy-load study tasks. What's more, a recent survey showed that people who are trained to be familiar with music notes or literatures would develope other parts of our brain which is seldom used, so as to strengthen the compacity of the brain. There is no denying that it would be instrumental to students’ study. Take me as an example. I have been trained the Latin Dance for four years, which becomes indispensible as part of my life. Nevertheless, I never feel it waste my time and cut back my vigor to study. Especially in the week before the final exam, I still keep on dancing every other night. To many people's surprise, it instead brings me more energy and efficiency in my study. I always feel exhausted after long time of reviewing-a feeling that your brain can never work again. But it is somewhat magical that after dancing, my speed of reading, comprehension accelarate, and sometimes I even come up with new ideas. Besides, it also keep me healthy and be in a good mood. Suppose what if I do not dance?

However, the benefits from arts or music does not promise requirement from school. The significant thing is not the regular compelling to accomplish the training, but to intrigue the real interest of students. If students were forced to do what they do not intend to, how can they perform well and gain pleasure from it? Clearly, students have various interests, whereas school can merely offer limited courses. For instance, a student might be zeal about playing chess, but he can not find it in he course list; and the school require him to at least choose one course the school provides, what should he do? To give up his favorite and give way to a disgusting one?

As far as I'm concerned,encouragement on the appreciation of music and arts would be a better alternative for schools. Wise decisions should be made to set up favorable environment for students, such as to invite distinguished college professors to give lectures to students, or help student associations to hold music concerts, literature competitions, stimulating students to positively participate in the activities. By no means students would decline them. In this respect,
students can be well served by inspiration, rather than coersion, and as a result, they do not only enjoy themselves, but also get a momentum to study well. Reversely, if one day students should have to place their interest as a required work, there are constant tedious assignments again.

In conlusion, overall education is a requirement, but it should not be converted to a load towards students. The school should figure out proper scheme to fulfill the goal. As we all know, when things becomes a duty, it would never be an ease to people, especially for the yet homework loaded students.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-12-18
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2009-8-29 16:55:44 |只看该作者
lz 我的点评变成一个问题了 呵呵 具体请看 https://bbs.gter.net/viewthread.php?tid=1001650&extra=

使用道具 举报