注册时间
2009-10-6
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-10-30 11:47:59 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
本帖最后由 sunskystar 于 2009-10-31 03:04 编辑

我现在上高三.SAT1630.TOEFL108.额 因为SAT没用功考的太烂所以托福拼了拼.我SAT没时间再考了因为现在要准备期末考.其实我学校挺有名气的.我主科不错但政史地不好所以成绩还行吧.我没什么特别的社会活动.就是去过几次敬老院然后今年暑假去四川汶川支教了.我想学习环境工程专业.大家觉得我要申60.70来名的学校风险多大?像普渡大学和爱荷华大学.如果申请90.100来名的几率大吗?拜托了.谢谢呀各位!!
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-6-7
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Libra天秤座 US Assistant US Applicant

沙发
发表于 2009-10-31 02:07:21 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 sunskystar 于 2009-10-31 02:08 编辑

You should post your question in SAT/UNDERGRA section cuz most of the ppl here are applying for gra school. So they might not have that much info/experience for undergra applicant.

Since I am undergra here, so things I think u might want to consider:

1. FA (how much can u pay each yr? )
This is extremly important if you/ ur family don't have that much funding cuz you don't want to stress out about this while u have sorts of other stuff to worry about.
Also, requesting FA may reduce your possibility of getting accepted from good school in some cases(exception are the ones  are need-blind)
2. Your major/ potential major/insterest
Make sure the school you choose have all the majors you might wanna do. Cuz it happens while u r in school your insterest/ goal changes even though u already decided what you are going to do.
3 . Enviroment (what kind of enviroment do u like, big school(lots activity goes on) or small school which is tends to be a bit quiet)
4. What do u want to do after graducation
I know it is kind of hard for u to answer this question right now but choosing schools is tight with your plan of post graduation.

I hope I didn't wrote too much for u to read. Butmy point here is ranking sometimes is not the major factor for you to decide if you are going or not. Instead finding the matching ones are more important.
Also I don't think US college really take much of your high school store into account if you didn't go to high school here(assume u r doing relatively good, i guess what I mean is 90 and 95 doesn't really make a difference here) They tends to take SAT  and PS more seriously if you did your high school abroad.(not to scare u or anything) So make good effort on your PS and this may help u to make up your SAT score. Be sure to include the activity/project you have done to show your ability of leadership and all other things.

使用道具 举报

RE: 请大家帮帮看看!感谢!!!! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
请大家帮帮看看!感谢!!!!