注册时间
2008-6-30
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-2-5 08:26:32 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
XXXXXX,

Thank you for your message.  I apologize for not replying sooner.  Your portfolio and transcript have been received.  We will update Wolverineaccess.  Financial certification has not been submitted.  Every year, many international applicants delay in submitting the required financial certification because the amount of money required to certify is high and difficult to secure. Many applicants choose to wait for an admission decision before sending financial certification. In previous years, the delay in submitting financial documents has prevented international students from securing F-1 Visas in time to attend the program. The financial certification is needed in order for the University of Michigan to be able to issue an I-20 document.
An applicant must have an I-20 document in his/her possession in order to make a Visa appointment with the US Consulate at the United States Embassy. The wait times for visa appointments vary from country to country. Please check for wait times for your country at this website.

If an applicant has submitted proper financial certification documents and is admitted to the University of Michigan, Taubman College can send a regular admit offer which contains enrollment deposit information in early March. An applicant is then able to pay the enrollment deposit fee anytime after receiving this letter to secure a seat in the incoming class. When an enrollment deposit is received, the I-20 document process can begin which can take 1-3 weeks. Once the I-20 is prepared, it is sent via courier to the applicant and so they may begin the visa process by making an appointment with the US Consulate. In this scenario, students may have an I-20 document in their possession as early as April 1st and usually no later than May 15th if they have sent the financial certification by Jan. 15th.

If an applicant has not submitted proper financial certification documents and is admitted to the University of Michigan, Taubman College can only extend a conditional admit offer in early March. The conditional admit letter states that the applicant is conditionally admitted provided that financial certification is submitted within 3 weeks. The applicant then sends the certification to Taubman College (1-3 weeks). Taubman College confirms that the certification meets the requirements and a new regular admission letter is generated (1-2 weeks). An applicant is then able to pay the enrollment deposit fee anytime after receiving this regular admit letter to secure a seat in the incoming Master of Architecture class. The University of Michigan can then generate an I-20 for the student (1-3 weeks). Once the I-20 is prepared, it is sent via courier to the applicant and they may begin the visa process by making an appointment with the US Consulate (wait times for appointments will vary by country).
The additional time it takes to mail documents back and forth can take the applicant 3-8 weeks longer than if the applicant had sent the financial certification by the January 15th deadline. This I-20 delay can negatively impact the Visa appointment availability.

Please note - Financial certification does NOT affect scholarship decisions. The financial certification is not in the applicant’s file during the Admissions Committee’s review. Scholarship decisions are based solely on the merit of the application materials submitted (statement of purpose, resume, letters of recommendation, portfolio, GRE, TOEFL, and transcripts).
It is better to submit some financial certification, even if it is not the full required amount. If the applicant receives a scholarship, it would be applied towards the financial certification, lessening the certification amount required.

Thank you,

Meghan Lee
Admissions Counselor
Taubman College of Architecture + Urban Planning
University of Michigan
2000 Bonisteel Blvd
Ann Arbor MI  48109-2069

734/764-1649     fax 734/763-2322
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-6-30
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2010-2-5 08:33:23 |只看该作者
明明所有材料都在一个包裹里,为啥又说资产证明没交呢......

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-28
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2010-2-5 08:37:47 |只看该作者
你交了资产证明了啊?牛,他今天还说我的成绩单没有交呢,也明明是一个邮件。你那一段话也发给我了,意思就是说你最好能交资产证明,不过录取之后再交也可以只是时间会紧迫,估计他们给每个国际生都发了这段话,根本没看谁交了谁没交。请问你的status显示transcript 和portfolio是同一天receive还是transcript最后最近才到啊?你的transcript有没有几天是in process状态呢?谢谢啊! 2# kennychenyu

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-6-30
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2010-2-5 08:45:06 |只看该作者
Received 02/04/2010  Official In Progress Transcript  
Portfolio  Received 01/15/2010  

之前一直是NOT RECEIVED的,今天她终于想起我来了......

原来她用的是模版回复我的......我刚还感动的想她竟然给我写这么一大段话.....

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-9
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Scorpio天蝎座 US Applicant Golden Apple

发表于 2010-2-5 11:08:24 |只看该作者
之前人间蒸发,昨天统一发这么一封信…
先读贴,后提问
建筑版快速入口|提问前必读