2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-21 15:41:22 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 nathanyc 于 2010-2-21 23:06 编辑

2.21 Independent Writing

384 words/29min(已修改拼写和语法错误)

Teachers should not show their political or social views known in the classroom

The issue at hand is whether teachers should show their view concerning political and social affairs to the students. There is no doubt that such issue will inevitably spark a heated discussion for people have their own unique experiences and angles. While I concede there may certain advantage for teachers to show such views, nonetheless, I am inclining to agree with the following statement.

To begin with, as the classroom is mainly for academic discussion and teaching, such point of view will undoubtedly distract the attentions of students from focusing on acquiring knowledge on their professional subjects. To put it another way, even the view shown by the teachers about the politics and society is accurate and appropriate, the classroom is still not a suitable place for them to speak out such standpoints. Perhaps students will discuss those affairs during their class and chatting with each other on these topics. To make things worse, they may probably lose their interest in their major academic studies and shift their attention on these issues.

Furthermore, if the foregoing assumption was being cast doubt on, namely teachers have somewhat negative inclinations through their expression of political or social affairs; it will mislead the students to inappropriate situations. The following example may aptly illustrate my point. Suppose a teacher is not satisfied with the current political leaders, so she gives a negative evaluation of the leader in the classroom. After that, the students got the first bed impression of the leader and they formulate their own evaluation criteria based on these misleading views. It is entirely possible that they will keep such biased ideas when they grow up and start to apply them into their practical speech or articles. Even worse they may teach their own children such viewpoint. If such circle continues, the results will turn out to a moral disaster.

Admittedly, certain and appropriate comment on the current political or social issues may have the students to keep in touch with the rapid pace of modern society to some extent, nevertheless, the superficial merits cannot hide the potential detriment due to various unexpected factors.

As far as I am concerned, we can safely draw the conclusion that it would be a bad idea for teachers to express their views about the politics or society to students.

附上word版本,方便修改(~ o ~)~zZ
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-21 15:44:35 |只看该作者
Sigh! 今天听力没做,只做了阅读和写作...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-21 15:45:14 |只看该作者
先把做的分析了再管听力...恩,一个脚印一个脚印地走

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-21 23:08:59 |只看该作者
晚上什么都不想做...搞完阅读的纠错,Sigh...之前错的依旧错
今天权当恢复状态了...听力明天要跟进了,否则又要杯具了

今天无老师TOEFL单词LIST1过完才许睡觉

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-11
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 寄托与我 IBT Zeal Sagittarius射手座

发表于 2010-2-22 08:29:57 |只看该作者
Nathan加油~~~今天03发现昨晚饱睡以后,今早精神焕发,吼吼~~~感到全身鸡血沸腾。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-8-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 16:40:07 |只看该作者
强度好大啊…… 加油。:handshake
借鉴了~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 17:26:39 |只看该作者
2\21 作文修改---Nicole
请看附件
戒浮躁,戒懒惰,虚心学习,对自己狠点,再狠点……

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-10-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 17:27:49 |只看该作者
加油哦,看得出来,你比我勤奋多了。。
戒浮躁,戒懒惰,虚心学习,对自己狠点,再狠点……

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 17:54:09 |只看该作者

应该确切是中午做了TPO11的三篇阅读,几乎米有超时...下午改了小组的作文,录了TPO11的口语,其他
哎,看了俩集Friends...笔记本就这点娱乐的东西,Nathan该打...跟读去了
晚上总结TPO阅读和背单词,考试日期不到,就不能停下
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
我是chineselady + 5 我今天也阅读的TPO11,加油

总评分: 声望 + 5   查看全部投币

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-11-19
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 17:55:24 |只看该作者
:handshake 加油~~~
我明天新计划~~好兴奋~~~!!!
我要提高英语实力~~~!
嘻嘻

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 20:56:46 |只看该作者
小睡了半个多小时,又有精神了,继续革命

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-7-17
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 21:34:03 |只看该作者
The issue at hand is whether teachers should show their view concerning political and social affairs to the students. There is no doubt that such issues will inevitably spark a heated discussion for people have their own unique experiences and angles. While I concede there may certain advantages for teachers to show such views, nonetheless, I am inclining to agree with the following statement.

To begin with, as the classroom is mainly for academic discussion and teaching, such point of view will undoubtedly distract the attentions of students from focusing on acquiring knowledge on their professional subjects. To put it another way, even the view shown by the teachers about the politics and society is accurate and appropriate, the classroom is still not a suitable place for them to speak out such standpoints. Perhaps students will discuss those affairs during their class and chatting with each other on these topics. To make things worse, they may probably lose their interest in their major academic studies and shift their attention on(to) these issues. 可以再有点details

Furthermore, if the foregoing assumption was being cast doubt on, namely teachers have somewhat negative inclinations through their expression of political or social affairs; it will mislead the students to inappropriate situations. The following example may aptly illustrate my point. Suppose a teacher is not satisfied with the current political leaders, so she gives a negative evaluation of the leader in the classroom. After that, the students got the first bed impression of the leader and they formulate their own evaluation criteria based on these misleading views. It is entirely possible that they will keep such biased ideas when they grow up and start to apply them into their practical speech or articles. Even worse they may teach their own children such viewpoint. If such circle continues, the results will turn out to a moral disaster.  

Admittedly, certain and appropriate comment on the current political or social issues may have(enable?) the students to keep in touch with the rapid pace of modern society to some extent, nevertheless, the superficial merits cannot hide the potential detriment due to various unexpected factors.

As far as I am concerned, we can safely draw the conclusion that it would be a bad idea for teachers to express their views about the politics or society to students.

不好意思给你评晚了,nathan的结构和我的一样啊,注意以下单复数,没有什么大问题,可以在细节一点
加油啊~~~
I forsee the dark ahead if i stay

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-22 22:33:29 |只看该作者
Nathan  2.22独立作文

For successful development of a country, should a government focus its budget more on very young children education rather than on universities?

The issue at hand is whether the government should spend more money on education for young children than in university. Undoubtedly it will trigger a severe hated debate on such controversial issue due to various angles and experiences of individuals. While I concede that the education of children is important to some extent, nevertheless, the college education should be put on the first place among those two things.

To begin with, I hold the view that the college education requires much more funds and investment for students to perfect experiment facilities for student to do academic research. While for children, there hardly needs such investments. To put it another way, their requirement are not the complex and diversified compared with college. Furthermore, college may need to invest on some Co-operation programs to facilitate their student better prepared for the future job hunting. According to a survey on the budget of Research-oriented Universities in our nation, three quarters among them have deficits which caused by the ever-increasing improvement of better teaching environment.

Furthermore, compared with investment on college education, spending money on the education of young children may have several unexpected drawbacks. No one can deny the childhood is the most precious time free of pressure and full of joy and happiness. Suppose we provide perfect education facilities to educate them, it will take up plenty of time on the study or courses which are still profound for them. It will undoubtedly severe impacts their proper development both physically and psychologically. We should let them grow in a much nature environment. Thus, investment on children education will not only be nearly impossible to achieve its final goals and expected values, but also puts heavy burden on the young children.

Thus, as far as I am concerned, government should place the college education on a relatively critical position when spending money when compared with children education.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-9-29
精华
帖子
发表于 2010-2-23 08:48:21 |只看该作者
今天早上起得还不算迟...Check下邮箱,O(∩_∩)O~
早上先听力跟读,接着TPO9阅读,然后口语brain storm
顺便等DHL的Official Admission Letter