2009-9-5
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-8-29 22:44:53 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
8月31日! ^5 `
09.05.30NA  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Younger school children (ages five to ten) should be required to study art and music in addition to math, science, history and language.

Evidently, modern people have been showering the issue about the requirement of studying art and music for younger children with enormous attention. I am not the exception. Thus, years of observation drive me to believe that for younger children, it is necessary for them to study art and music in addition to math, language, science and history. Clearly, three reasons act as the cornerstone of my view.

First and foremost, what I need to emphasize is that learning art and music is exceedingly beneficial to younger school children’s psychological health, which is a propeller of their growth. Specifically, inasmuch as the current developing pace of society is exceeding fast and even younger school students are forced to learn a tremendous amount of “useful" knowledge regarded as the bedrock for their future career by their parents, a wealth of younger school boys and girls are suffering from psychological diseases and find it quite difficult to release their pressure. Notably, if schools begin to widen access to art and music, a huge number of younger students will reap an unparalleled opportunities not only to foster their interests in art and music, but also to reduce their stress from their real life by totally addicting them into art and music, which will make them return to other courses with passion, motivation and dedication. More pivotally, a happier psychological state will be the foundation of healthy development. It deserves our attention that a host of examples help to consolidate my argument. New Zealand is a salient case. Deep down, since the government called on all schools to require five-years-to-ten-years students to study art and music, the suicide rate of juveniles decreased from 0.5% (2008) down to 0.1% (2009).To sum up, the demand of learning on art and music apart from other courses can make a great contribution to healthy growing up for most juveniles.

Another equally significant reason is that the study of art and music contribute positively to the mastery of culture. Rather, no fewer than a dozen of educational experts tend to believe that culture plays an irreplaceable role in individuals' success and schools, especially elementary schools, are supposed to ask young students to take art and music classes. Notably, in the process of taking art and music courses, younger individuals are able to learn what the elegance is, how their custom be built up, what the real meaning of romance of love is, how to appreciate art masterpieces and etc. It is noteworthy that a good many examples can be listed in order to support my view. Barack Obama is an eye-catching one. Deep down, when he was young in Honolulu (1971-1977), he often took part in classes on art and music. Reflecting later on his formative years in Honolulu, he wrote “The opportunities that those art and music courses that I took in Honolulu offered---to experience a variety of culture of mutual respect----became an integral part of my world view, and a basis for the values that I hold most dear." Those courses contribute positively to improving his speaking skills, building up a charming personality and reaping respect and trust from others. In conclusion, asking younger students to take art and music classes is massively beneficial to their future success.

Admittedly, for some geniuses on other fields, it is an inappropriate must to learn art and music. No one can refute the fact that nothing can prevent talents addicted into their interested subjects. Obviously, if they are forced to sit in the art and music classes, their mind would not be there and they will be thinking problems such as some mathematics puzzles, the universalities of some physics laws, chemic reaction equations and etc all the time. More importantly, hardly can some younger talents live without doing their interested work. Therefore, for those younger geniuses, schools should provide them with freedom to do their own interested work and not ask them to study the art and music.

In a word, except for a few of geniuses, younger boys and girls are supposed to learn art and music since they are incredibly influential in their psychological health and understanding of culture, which plays an peerlessly significant role in their future career. No longer can we ignore the importance of art and music, it is high time elementary schools called on all juveniles to focus their attention on them.
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
ruiquan2003 + 1 太强大了

总评分: 声望 + 1   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-3-1
精华
帖子