声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-23 16:46:49 |只看该作者
Lesson 5 Youth
People always talk about youth issues(people are always thinking about “the problem of youth”: youth可单独使用 ), if which has existedif there is one:要学会这个表达). Please leave me doubt about itwhich I take leave to doubt:允许我对此存疑,学会这个表达). Then, the problem transpired due to the old instead of the youngthen it is old people who create it, not the young themselves. Let us circumspectly research some fundamental facts(let us get down to the fundamentals: get down to the fundamentals 研究本质,要学会): to admit the young is similar with his predecessor as a humanand agree that the young are after all human beings——people just like their elders: the young 做主语可以表示复数;elder代替predecessor 表示长辈). There is one distinction between the young and the oldthere is only one difference between an old man and a young one: the young has gloriously promising vista(the young man has a glorious future before him: the young man 做单数;has a glorious future before him), while the old only has the splendid past(and the old one has a splendid future behind him). I am afraid this is the pointand maybe that is where the rub is : 这就是问题的所在maybe that is where the rub is 学会这个表达).
When I was in teenagewhen I was a teenager, I often thought I am young, and something I could not hand well(I felt I was just young and uncertain). I was a freshman in college(that I was a new boy in a huge school). Had I been considered as a issue, I will feel glad(and I would have been very pleased to be regarded as something so interesting as a problem: be pleased to be regarded as), because this made me get some kind of admission chased by the youth(for one thing, being a problem gives you a certain identity, and that is one of the things the young are busily engaged in seeking: for one thing 代替because; be busily engaged in seeking 努力追寻的).
I feel exciting about the young and no confinement(I find young people exciting. They have an air of freedom: find… exciting; have an air of freedom 拥有自由的天空,学会用). They neither pursue contemptible benefits, nor crave comfortable lifeand they are not a commitment to mean ambitions or love of comfort: be not a commitment to sth.没有对。。
的义务 ;mean 卑鄙的;a love of sth.. They are neither anxious to climb high(they are not anxious social climbers: social climber 向上爬的人), nor go in for substantial enjoymentand they have no devotion to material things: have devotion to 热衷于; material things 物质的东西). In my assessment, all above make them connect their lives with the origin of the worldall this seems to me to link them with life, and the origins of things: all this /all that做主语;link sb. with. In some senses(in some sense: 是单数), they seem to be cosmic men, which sharply contrast with our mundane peoplecosmic beings in violent and lovely contrast with us suburban creatures: in violent and lovely contrast with强烈而鲜明的对比;suburban 城郊的,呆板的;suburban creature 凡夫俗子
. Whenever I meet youthall that is in my mind when I meet a young person, we may think them arrogant, conceited, presumptuous and fatuous(he may be conceited, ill-manned, presumptuous or fatuous: 记住这几个形容人的词). Nevertheless, I will use the platitudes as respecting the old to defend myselfbut I do not turn for protection to dreary cliches about respect of elders: dreary cliches about 陈词滥调;respect of elders. It seems the age is the reason that the old should be revered(as if merely age were a reason for respect: 虚拟语气as if merely something were a reason for 注意用were,要学会用). I think me and them are equalI accept that we are equals:我们是平等的用we are equals. If I consider them wrong, I will argue with them by a equal identity(and I will argue with him, as an equal, if I think he is wrong: 以平等的身份 as an equal).

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-25 18:50:10 |只看该作者
Lesson 6
The sporting spirit

When I heard people said that sports could cultivate friend between countries(I am always amazed when I heard that sport creates goodwill between the nations: I am amazed; create goodwill between), and if there had only been allowed contests in the football field or cricket field among different national people(and that if only the common peoples of the world could meet one another at football or cricket: common people 大众), they would be no inclination to kill each other in the battle fieldthey would have no inclination to meet on the battlefield: have inclination to do愿意做。。。;battlefield 连写), I was often surprised. If one can not understand from a concrete example like the Olympic Game in 1936 about the insane hatred incurred by international sports contesteven if one didn’t know from concrete examples(the 1936 Olympic Games, for instance)that international sporting contests lead to orgies of hatred: concrete example 具体例子,真实例子;sporting contest 运动比赛; orgy of hatred 无节制的仇恨,要学会), he will draw the conclusion from the common sense(one could deduce if from general principles: 前面用one 后面还用one; general principle 代替common sense).
Nowadays all the sports are competitive(nearly all the sports practiced nowadays are competitive: 多用nearly all 代替all). Attending contests aims to win(you play to win). If not struggling for win, there are little meaning to do so(and the game has little meaning unless you do your utmost to win: do your utmost 尽全力). In the country side lawnon the village green, when you organize two teams and involve with no patriotism(where you pick up sides and no feeling of local patriotism is involved: no something is involved 代替 something is not involved; local patriotism 地方主义), this is a pure playing just for entertainment and exerciseit is possible to play simply for the fun and exercise. However, when it comes related with honor(but as soon as the question of prestige arises: 多用as soon as 代替when; the question arises 要学会这样用), thinking about you and your team will lose face because of youas soon as you feel that you and some larger unit will be disgraced if you lose: 蒙羞用 disgrace , then the most brutal nature of competition will be stimulatedthe most savage combative instincts are aroused: savage combative instinct 野蛮好斗的本性,要学会; 多用arouse, 唤醒). Even those who attended school football sports have the same feelinganyone who has played even in a school football match knows this: match 代替 contest. In the international contest(at the international level: 议论文中多用 at …. level), a sport is akin to a mimic warfare(sport is frankly mimic warfare: 注意用sport的不可数形式). Additionally, the matter is not the action of athletes but the attitudes of audiencesbut the significant thing is not the behavior of the players but the attitude of the spectators: 多用the significant thing 做主语;behavior 代替 action; 观众是spectators and all the nations behind them(and , behind the spectators, of the nations who work themselves into furies over these absurd contests: absurd 代替ridiculous). In front of these ridiculous contests, every attending country will be driven crazy, and what is more to believe that(and seriously believe), at least in short time(at any rate for short periods: at any rate 至少,代替 at least; short periods 代替 short time), running, jumping and playing football are the test of a nation’s quality(running, jumping and kicking a ball are tests of national virtue: 注意主语用复数,宾语也要用复数).

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-26 16:40:35 |只看该作者
Lesson 10
Silicon valley

The trend of technology is possible to push the Silicon Valley into a new futuretechnology trends may push Silicon Valley back to the future. Careful Media, a pioneer in integrated circuits, the computer professor of California Science and Engineering School(a professor of computer science at the California Institute of Technology), noticed(note 代替 notice) that nowadays there are some kinds of computer workstation could allow(enable 多用这个词) engineers to
design, test and produce chips right on their worktable, just like an editor draw up a newsletter in his Macintosh(much the way an editor creates a newsletter on a Macintosh: in the way
中的in 常省略). Since the producing period of chips have reduced to several days, and cost has been low to just hundreds dollarsas the time and cost of making a chip drop to a few days and a few hundreds dollars: drop to 代替 reduce 是及物动词,应为reduce something to + 某状态,意为使处于,使变为), therefore, engineers can immediately and totally utilize their imaginations, and will not be penalized by failureengineers may soon be free to let their imaginations soar without being penalized by expensive failures: soar 翱翔 let the imaginations soar 学会这个用法;without being penalized by … 不会承担. Media predicted that inventor could produce a perfect, multifunctional and customizing chipperfect powerful customized chips: 学会用perfect 的动词) in the officeat the office记住;in office 是在职期间) within a weekendover a weekend记住), which may create a new generation of engineers starting from the garagespawning a new generation of garage start-ups: spawn 代替 create,要多用这个词), who will beat heavily to those foreign competitors in the marketand giving the U.S. a jump on its foreign rivals in getting new products to market fast: give a jump on 超越,学会用;rival 代替 competitor. “We have more garage, and there are more smart people(we’re got more garages with smart people)”, said Media(Mead observes: observe 有评述的意思,要会用), “We indeed came from anarchywe really thrive on anarchy: something thrive on 在。。。方面繁荣,学会用)”, especially depending on Asiansand on Asians. Many companies’ majority of employees in Silicon Valley are oriental and Asian Americans(already, oriental and Asian Americans constitute the majority of the engineering staffs at many Valley firms: 组成用 constitute). Chinese, Korean, Philippine and India engineers are going to graduate (in droves :成群结队的,要会用) from California universities. As the emerging leaders of new generationas the head of next-generation start-ups: head 代替leader, Asian inventors could take advantage of his custom and language and form a firmer connection with Pacific coastwise key markets(these Asian innovators can draw on customs and languages to forge righter links with crucial Pacific Rim markets: innovator 代替 inventor; draw on 是吸收利用,要学会;forge links with 代替 form a connection with). As Alicas Au for instance, a PHD of Stanford University came from Hong Kong, has established his factory in Taiwan, has challenged the monopolization of Japan in memory-chip market(has set up a Taiwan factory to challenge Japan’s near lock on the memory-chip market: set up 代替 establish). N. Damoda born in India operating an small California company reuse a chip factory of AT & T, and received financial support from Missouri governmentwith financing from the state of Missouri:多用with 引导的介词结构简化句子). Before Silicon Valley has become a retirement village, it would be a teaching field to build a global commerceSilicon Valley may prove a classroom for building a global business.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2008-2-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-2-28 17:39:02 |只看该作者
Lesson 11
How to grow old

Some older people are bothered by thinking about death(some old people are oppressed by the fear of death: be oppressed by 对。。感到压抑). The young having those feelings are reasonablein the young there is a justification for this feeling: a justification 代替 a reasonable thing. It is understandable that youth are afraid to die in the battlefield and get pain when thinking about being deprived the best things life can offer(young men who have reason to fear that they will be killed in battle may justifiably feel bitter in the thought that they have cheated of the best things that life has to offer: feel bitter 感到痛苦的;in the thought of 要学会这样用). But the old have tasted all tastes in life and have done all could be donebut in an old men who has known human joys and sorrows, and has achieved whatever work it was in him to do: 尝尽人间酸甜苦辣have known human joys and sorrows, and then having fears to death, that will be pathetic and contemptible(the fear of death is somewhat abject and ignoble: abject and ignoble 可怜和可悲的,形容行为). The best way of surmounting the fear of deaththe best way to overcome it: overcome 代替 surmount, at least in my opinion(so at least it seems to me: 学会用这句), is gradually expanding one’s interests and getting rid of one’s narrow life circlesis to make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, until the ego-surrounding walls have collapsed(until bit by bit the walls of the ego recede: the walls recede 学会), and one’s life can be integrated with the whole life of universeand your life becomes increasingly merged in the universal life merge in 代替 integrate with. The existence of a single man should be like a river(an individual human existence should be like a river: should be like). From the beginning, we are bonded between shores, then we break through the rocks and go down with the waterfall(small at first, narrowly contained within its banks, and rushing passionately past boulders and over waterfalls). Afterwards, the width of the river expends, and shores are back, and flows become slow(gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly: 并列句不用连词或分号吗). Finally, it is an influx into sea and disappearing with the vanish of ego-existenceand in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea, and painlessly lose their individual being: being 是存在). Old age people who look on death like this would be not afraid of itthe man who, in old age, can see his life in this way, will not suffer from the fear of death: 多用suffer from, because everything concerned by them will keep going on(since the things he cares for will continue). Additionally(and if ), with the worse of energies(with the decay of vitality: decay of vitality 精力的衰退,学会这个表达), old people’s wearness will increase and would have a thought of at rest, which cannot be a bad thingweariness increases, the thought of rest will be not unwelcome: weariness 疲倦;the thought of 代替thought about; something will be not unwelcome,学会这样表达). We hope we can work until dieI should wish to die while still at work, but we think about what we have done what we can do and someone will continue our work, we will be calm(knowing that others will carry on what I can no longer do, and content in the thought that what was possible has been done).

使用道具 举报

RE: EEEE456258 的作文贴 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
EEEE456258 的作文贴