寄托币
注册时间
2010-8-15
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-1-20 10:29:27 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
"Some educational systems emphasize the development of students' capacity for reasoning and logical thinking, but students would benefit more from an education that also taught them to explore their own emotions."

Psychologists say that self is consisted of thought, emotion and will. Thought, which can be explained as reasoning and logical thinking is so important that Aristotle defined human as "rational creature". But without understanding our own emotion at the same time, one can't understand his whole self. So I agree with the claim that students would benefit more from an education that also taught them to explore their own emotions.

Emotion plays such a significance role on human life that it decides one's life quality. Here I say life quality, I don't mean the high income of a person and the comfortable or even luxury life he leads, but whether he finds himself happy and satisfied. In most cases, a person won't be happy without a satisfactory emotion life, a person won't be happy even if he achieved a lot in a field but without true love of it (it is also true that one can hardly achieve much in a field he doesn't love), a person won't be happy without good control of his emotions and always live in worry or anger… So, in order to live a life of high quality, exploration of one’s own emotion is essential.

But why it should be the schools to teach students to explore their emotions? In my opinion, it is the most if not the only feasible way for teenagers to get a systematical knowledge of their emotions. That will help teenagers a lot understanding and controlling their emotions. Look at our society which lacks that kind of instructions from schools, teenagers’ emotions is so easily controlled by the music they listen, the TV programs they watch, the people they meet and the problems they face that they can hardly find their “self” which should originally be the producer and controller of their emotions, thus leading to emotional crisis and even melancholia. In order to solve this problem, the education system should play its part.

Besides its important role in everyone’s daily life, emotion is also the origin of inspirations in the field of art. Schools are not only to produce scientists and scholars. They also have the responsibility to help the students who have the ambition to be musicians, painters, writer…to develop their talents, so teaching the students to explore their emotions should necessarily be a part of education.

In conclusion, emotions is a part of “self” that is of so much significance that we should not ignore. Students would benefit from the instructions on exploration of their emotions, as these instructions help students understanding and controlling their emotions and help those students who have the talent or dream to be artist to develop their ability.
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: 第一篇ISSUE请高人指点 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子