寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-8-3 16:50:52 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 ilhrx 于 2011-8-3 16:53 编辑

8.3 综合
In the lecture, the speaker casts doubts on the reading passage's idea that the planting of genetically modified trees promises to bring a number of benefits. Instead, the speakers points out that it is better to plant nature trees rather that genetically modified trees.

First, genetically modified trees which are designed to resist one particular environmental threat could not survive in the nature because genes of these trees are uniform. If other threats come, they could not resist them and will all die. On the contrary, nature trees have different genes. Those which can adapt to different environmental changes can survive. Therefore, the saying that genetically modified trees are hardier than nature trees is problematic.

Second, planting genetically modified trees cost a large amount of money and may not bring economic benefits. Due to the law, farmers have to pay genetic company money every time when they grow these trees. What is more, since they are more likely to die as mentioned above, the returns seem to be less great than nature trees.

Last, genetically modified trees are aggressive. They may compete for resources with wild trees and thus the number of wild trees may decline. This directly contradicts the idea that genetically modified trees can prevent overexploitation of wild trees.

In sum, all the information indicates that planting genetically modified trees will not bring benefits of economy nor environment.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-8-3 22:17:43 |只看该作者
8.3 独立
Whether kids should manage their own money? This question becomes a difficult problem in many families. On the one hand, parents want to cultivate their children's ability to manage money when they grow up. On the other hand, children who are permitted to spend money by themselves may use the money in an inappropriate way. As far as I am concerned, parents should give their children the right to use money and should also provide necessary guidance for them.

First, kids are too young to spend money all by themselves. They usually do not have a specific plan of money spending and are likely to be influenced by advertisement easily. For example, when I was six years old, I often saw a milk advertisement. In the advertisement, a little boy drank up a bottle of milk and then became much stronger immediately. I was impressed by it and thought I can become strong by drinking it. So I bought one bottle in the supermarket, which cost me 10 dollars, a large amount of money for me at that time. After drinking it, nothing happened and I was disappointed. Indeed, if children spend their money of their own free will, they may waste it. So, parents should teach their children how to use money in a right way.

However, many parents help their children with money issues in an arbitrary way. In other words, they buy everything for their children and it makes children unable to manage money appropriately in the adult stage. Thus, proper methods are needed to solve this problem. Wise parents may teach their children the money managing skills and let them deal with money independently. My neighborhood, Mr. Green, is good at using this method. He asks his son to make a detailed plan of how to use his money and record everyday's expenses. Gradually, little Green has learned what is necessary to buy and what is not, and uses his money more efficiently. In addition, these skills will be of great use when children grow. As we know, adults spend money on many things: have to buy house, food, and pay education fees for their children. If an adult could not manage their money well, they may be faced with severe economic crisis. Therefore, parents should cultivate their children's money managing skills in a good way.

In sum, parents have the responsibility to teach their children how to deal with money in a proper way.  They should not neither let their children spend money freely nor forbid them spend money by themselves. Instead, they must adopt methods that could help children learn to spend money in a right way.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-8-4 10:42:55 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 米陌 于 2011-8-4 10:44 编辑

写的不错~第一次见到了两段论~
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2009-7-10
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-8-4 11:18:51 |只看该作者
感觉最大的一个问题是自己加入了推断~这个文还是客观点比较好~学到了一些词~这个……我不会删附件,所以独立传重了~

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-10-30
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-8-4 12:23:26 |只看该作者
有点晚给你了,不好意思,希望还对你有用~~~欢迎你以后多来帮我修改作文啊,^_^共勉!

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2011-1-23
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-8-4 18:09:35 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 april0515 于 2011-8-4 18:11 编辑

18# ilhrx Whether kids should manage their own money? This question becomes a difficult problem in many families. On the one hand, parents want to cultivate their children's ability to manage money when they grow up. On the other hand, children who are permitted to spend money by themselves may use the money in an inappropriate way. As far as I am concerned, parents should give their children the right to use money and should also provide necessary guidance for them (开头写的很好,简洁明了,清晰易懂,学习啦)' E4 E+ {6 x& d7 h4 |" s$ u3 ]First, kids are too young to spend money all by themselves. They usually do not have a specific plan of money spending and are likely to be influenced by advertisement easily. For example, when I was six years old, I often saw a milk advertisement. In the advertisement, a little boy drank up a bottle of milk and then became much stronger immediately. I was impressed by it and thought I can become strong by drinking it. So I bought one bottle in the supermarket, which cost me 10 dollars, a large amount of money for me at that time. After drinking it, nothing happened and I was disappointed. Indeed, if children spend their money of their own free will, they may waste it. So, parents should teach their children how to use money in a right way.9 j: X8 b) O2 `) a* Y+ i. F2 a(r                         个人觉得如果把最后一句话放到本段的第一句话会更好一些~However, many parents help their children with money issues in an arbitrary way. In other words, they buy everything for their children and it makes children unable to manage money appropriately in the adult stage. Thus, proper methods are needed to solve this problem. Wise parents may teach their children the money managing skills and let them deal with money independently. My neighborhood, Mr. Green, is good at using this method. He asks his son to make a detailed plan of how to use his money and record everyday's expenses. Gradually, little Green has learned what is necessary to buy and what is not, and uses his money more efficiently. In addition, these skills will be of great use when children grow. As we know, adults spend money on many things: have to buy house, food, and pay education fees for their children. If an adult could not manage their money well, they may be faced with severe economic crisis. Therefore, parents should cultivate their children's money managing skills in a good way.In sum, parents have the responsibility to teach their children how to deal with money in a proper way.  They should not neither let their children spend money freely nor forbid them spend money by themselves. Instead, they must adopt methods that could help children learn to spend money in a right way.(写得很不错~ 学习啦,观点以及例子都很明确。  嘿嘿,解决了我一点点对于例子以及论据的困惑,我总是写的很罗嗦 (((加油~~~)
欢迎来批改我的作文https://bbs.gter.net/thread-1285640-5-1.html   39楼和40楼!
applying for 2012 fall
pending:2 ;
offer: 1 ad:4 ;
rej:6;

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2010-2-3
精华
帖子
发表于 2011-8-4 21:13:38 |只看该作者
In this age of information explosion, more and more knowledge is created. It is common that what we learned last year becomes old-fashioned now. What is more, many old theories are proven to be wrong by the results of new researches. Obviously, it is important for teachers to update their knowledge so that they are capable to teach students the most advanced knowledge. However, there is no need to ask them to take courses every five years as mentioned above.

First, taking courses every five years is not a good way to refresh knowledge for teachers. On the one hand, teachers are too busy to spare extra time for taking courses. Teachers have a lot work to do such as preparing for the class, answering students' questions, revising students' homework and often work overtime. They would not finish the teaching task did they take extra classes. On the other hand, as adults, teachers could not learn quickly in classes. People's ability to acquire new knowledge decreases when they become older. For example, my mother and I took a course of traffic rules in preparation of the drive license test. I found it easy to memorize all the rules but my mother had difficulty with it. As a result, my score was higher than my mother's even she spent more time than me. Since taking courses is not suitable for teachers, other ways of obtaining new knowledge are needed.

The best way to obtain new knowledge for teachers is a method that has fewer limitations. Unlike taking courses in which teacher acquire knowledge passively, it is an active way that enable them get whatever they want at any time. For example, teachers can consult Internet database to learn the latest academic findings. As we know, every published article and book is indexed and saved in the data base. Any computer that accesses Internet can login the database and find any book or article in it. So teachers who want to get new knowledge can just sit in front of a computer and click the mouse, then all the materials about the knowledge is printed out. It is much more convenient than attending a course and taking notes. In this way, the busy teachers can save their time and get the most suitable knowledge.

In sum, new knowledge is important for teachers, but it is unnecessary to ask them to take courses to obtain it. Instead, they should use methods like Internet that enable them get information efficiently.

使用道具 举报

RE: ilhrx 的作文贴 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
ilhrx 的作文贴