注册时间
2011-2-27
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-5-31 13:00:18 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
题目

33As we acquire moreknowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more complex and mysterious.

Write a response in which you discuss theextent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain yourreasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yourposition, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might nothold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

作文

Indeed, things will be harder to understandwhile we have a deeper insightful research into it through accumulatingknowledge. However, I cannot agree with the statement above because it is notthat things become more complex and incomprehensible but when we know more about them,we finally find their intricate essence.

Although giving a simple explanation bylooking at the superficial phenomenon will meet most people's need, it will resultin that people's knowledge about the world is partial and even misleading dueto the limited cognition. To verify this point, we could observe the process ofhuman's cognition about the world through history. For example, in ancienttime, people mistakenly believed that the earth was the center of the universeand other planets revolved around the earth. As far as they concerned, theuniverse was simply constituted with earth, moon and sun, and the sky wascircular and the earth was square. Such explanations may better meet what theysaw in their eyes, but neglected what is beyond their eyes. With the inventionof telescope, human know more about the universe and realize that it is never suchsimple as the old people think, the complicity of which is so complicated thathuman cannot thoroughly understand it. This is not because the increasinglyaccumulated knowledge of human beings makes the universe become more complexand mysterious, but the nature of intricacy of the universe has been found byhuman gradually. Only through this process of closing to the truth, can peoplefinally know comprehensively about the universe.

Moreover, followed by the rapid science andtechnology development, the number of disciplines in academic sphere is muchmore than ever before, and nowadays people are more and more emphasizing on focusingin one specialized field which prompt them have more knowledge in this areathan others. Thus, it will make them more understandable about what theyspecialize rather than incomprehensible stated by the claim. Taking myself as aninstance, I am specializing in electric and electronic engineering, and I knowmuch about the function of a resistor, a capacitor and an inductance than mygirlfriend who major in landscape. For her, an amplifier circuit is complex andelusive, but for me, as a specialized electronic engineer, it is the mostsimple and fundamental knowledge in my field. So, like I said, the more youhave the knowledge of a discipline, the better you know about it.

In sum, things will not become more incomprehensibleand complex when we accumulate more knowledge about them. In fact, every timewe find a question become more complicated than ever we thought means that wemove a step closer to the truth. In order to keep the increasing speed ofdevelopment, human should maintain exploration to the unknown world and solveevery problem discovered during this procedure.
NONO
回应

使用道具 举报

RE: I33 希望得到批评指正,感谢 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发