寄托币
注册时间
2003-1-23
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2003-9-20 02:44:57 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
Many people all over the world dream of coming to the U.S. Lucky enough, I’m one of those whose dream becomes “true”. However, since I arrived in the U.S, I keep asking myself a very “stupid” question: Why do I come here?

In order to get the chance to be qualified as an exchange student, I worked extremely hard for the past 2 years. In another words, I gave up too much things may goes beyond a “normal” person’s imagination.  Several days ago, I met a girl on a party, she’s 3 years younger than me. To be frank, I was attracted by her although she’s not pretty. However, in the same night soon after the party was over, my “reasonable analysis” told me: I can do nothing with her. Because it doesn’t make any sense that I travel thousands miles away from China to the U.S just to find a girlfriend who speaking Chinese.

“Lucky” enough again, things went under control. However, I do realize I’ve come to the very time that I have to face the life, and, myself.

Suppose that I were not in the U.S, what I’m doing? I may chat with my girl friend in a elegant cafeteria; I may enjoy a delectable dinner paid by my father; I may stay in my dormitory playing TV games with my Chinese classmate. But what I’m actually doing now? I’m struggling for understanding a joke that make every body laugh in the classroom except me; I’m eating chicken and beef with boiling water every day just because it’s the cheapest meat that I can find here; I’m listen to a Chinese songs in my computer after I come back to my dormitory because those are the only things that can “pronounce”  besides me. And, I’m trying to restrict me from falling in love with girls.
Am I nuts?

Definitely the answer is no. I’m not that stupid to choose “tough” life deliberately instead of a “comfortable” one.  And, I’m not a “saint” like Newton who sacrificed his own happiness for the sake of “All the human beings”.   What drive me to suffer all the things that are not supposed to imposed on me is: Seeking for the very truth and freedom of life.

It’s true I have “every thing” in China, however, I’m not happy. Because I want to spend my holiday with my girl friend in a hotspring in Japan rather than a small cafeteria; Because I want to be regarded as independent individual in the dinner and share my idea equally with those “uncles”, “aunts” rather than a “silent boy” just keep eating; Because I want to appreciate the real life of my own rather than hiding behind the virtual world created by someone else.  However, how to put them into effect? The U.S may be one of the answers.

The U.S has the strongest economy in the world, it’s much easier for me to gain enough money here to bring my girlfriend to lie in the outdoors hot water in a cold winter.   Because I have to outshine most of the people around me in China to get there and then now I’ve  the rare chances to learn from those top professors who graduate from Yale, Standford or MIT, my understanding of the world becomes more profound than ordinary people not only in China but also the general America publics, and believe it or not, whatever I say when I come back to China will attract more attention just because I ‘ve been to the U.S, it’s the reality.  Additionally, the happy, the sad whatever I get from my journey to the U.S will give me a new perspective on life that I may never get in China, for example, now I feel much happier than my peers when I phoned my family, and I do appreciate more the chance to love and be loved.

People who died at his 70 just means that he had been a advanced creature in the earth for 70 years not necessarily means he had been a people in the society for 70 years supposed that he spend his rest of life since 25 in a very small office doing the same work everyday.  Because at the very moment his heart stop beating, what he can live back over for his life may be very tedious: several segments of his childhood, his first date with a girl, the day his mother passed away, and, the office and those every day paper works.  I hope that my life won’t stop in this way hundred years later.

“You can’t get out of mediocrity before you go into loneliness”, I first picked up this  sentence in a book named <<The Generation of GRE and TOEFL>, a collection of the interviews of those students come from Peking University and Tsinghua University who were on their threshold of leaving for the U.S to pursue their graduate study. “Loneliness” here doesn’t just mean you have no friends or you always stay alone, it’s a loneliness of heart that not being understand.  I do agree with it.

Now, it’s my own turn to appreciate it.
人生最大的快乐就是为了梦想努力:)
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-10-29
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2003-9-22 01:15:22 |只看该作者
文采不错,PS一定写得很好

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-10-28
精华
帖子
板凳
发表于 2003-9-22 05:52:28 |只看该作者
paper实在看不下去了,上来溜溜,看见这篇也好长哦,都没有耐心看下去。建议下次用中文,适合我这样的懒人~~

谁看完的给用中文归纳一下大意?

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-9-27
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

地板
发表于 2003-9-22 11:54:48 |只看该作者
是阿,给点中文大意吧...

风风雨雨要一起走过

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-10-27
精华
帖子
发表于 2003-9-22 21:51:32 |只看该作者
hehe, "Newton who sacrificed his own happiness for the sake of “All the human beings”. "

Newton never thought he should like this.
Relax yourself! Everything will be all right.
照相本子

使用道具 举报

RE: why the U.S? [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子