注册时间
2003-1-8
精华
帖子

Virgo处女座 荣誉版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-2-10 20:03:12 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
I can't tolerate and understand why we ,China has this bad image in other countrie people's impression.. Lots of foreign forumites visiting western websites are attacking China and berating our human rights record, which is actually improving... Included in this group of China-haters, are a few born Chinese( i know some) from either the mainland, and Taiwan. Why not for us to fight back , WHY????

Look at these vicious attacks on China those ugly worms posted:

Eiffel Tower with red lights (24 january) , chinese parade on Champs-Elyess (for the chinese new year) and finally the chinese president (27 january) which might visit the world biggest chinese embassy. ....and what is forgotten in the midst of all of this? The human rights abuses.
--------- western country

Wow, I had no idea that the French were so sensative towards other cultures. Or that there was even a significant Chinese community in France - They r very...well... may be... I don't know.

Another thing I know is that there would be massive protest if the Chinese president was to visit the US during the Chinese New Year, especially if the visit was made into such a major deal as it has in Paris. And I could only imagine the uproar that would ensue if a major national monument was illuminated in red during said visit. Every human rights group, Chinese dissident group and anti-Communists in the country would be up in arms over such a move.

Honestly, the French government claims to be the standard of enlightenment and freedom in the world, but yet it welcomes the "leader" of one of the most oppresive nations in the world with pomp, pageantry and open arms.
------------ a forumer in US

Please. Remember when the Chinese Prime Minister came to the US? Bush bent over backwards to kiss the guy's ass, saying he didn't support a democracy in Taiwan, all the while touting freedom in Iraq as a model to all tyrranical countries.

As long as the idea of a better economy, better relations and most importantly "terrorism" was played out to the public they would swallow a red illuminated Statue of Liberty just as easily as the French a red illuminated Eiffel Tower.
.------------ a forumer in US

I can gaurantee that the public wouldn't swallow a red illumination of the Statue of Liberty, any more than the sizable Chinese populations of Canada would on the CN Tower or the Parliament Building.

I was angry with Bush for not publicly backing Taiwan in they're quest for independance. But as we all know there were two things preventing him from doing so. The first reason being that business interest always seems to win with this administration. The second being that China has all but said that they will attack Taiwan if they declared themselves independent. The only props I can give the White House is that later that day they quietly said at a press conference that any attempt by the Chinese to use force against Taiwan would not go unpunished by the United States.

I still find it ironic that the French government would have the President of China make such a high profile visit - during a major Chinese holiday of all times - considering that many of the Chinese in France probably came there to escape the communistic tyranny that he represents.
---------a forumer in US

Well recently the US rolled out the red carpet for them so maybe they're going overboard as well. Would have looked funny though if they turned the White House to the Red House for the day
-----------a forumer in Canada

I am thinking why people in western countries are so annoyed that the leader of China was welcomed by other countries?
I am sick of keeping explanation of taiwan and tibet and FLG.
Whistling softly in the dark
Is a better cure than anything
For a confused mind searching for an answer

Whistling loudly enough to drown out that little voice inside your head
Is a better way than any other
To prevent miscommunication of feelings

Whistling quickly for a dog
Is a necessary task
If you wish to be a best friend in return

And whistling a tune all your own
Is the only way
To survive this life in one piece
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-8-26
精华
帖子

Capricorn摩羯座 荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2004-2-11 21:30:38 |只看该作者
Franchesca said :" Wow, I had no idea that the French were so sensative towards other cultures. Or that there was even a significant Chinese community in France - There very well may be... I don't know."

Here comes my opinion on this issue :

the problem of foreign immigrants in France is quite complicated. In fact the frenchmen are not offensive to the Chinese, but rather to the arabians and the africains becuz they have really caused many social security problems in the country. In most frenchmen's mind, the Chinese are generally peaceful and polite people, but during the recent years, the french gouvernment has noticed that there are increasing illegal affairs between a minority of Chinese living in France, particularly in Paris, and the mafias or criminal networks in Europe. We can not negligate this problem.

the Western society has been used to criticize China on every possible occasion, at the same time, they do not want to give up every little opportunity to develop the economic cooperation with our country. They are, i'd like to say, in a somewhat dilemma. Our motherland, which is now experiencing such a great and rapid development, is becoming more and more a focus in the western countries, the economic potential of the Country of Middle ( China ) is so attracting that the government leaders of all the developed countries, such as those in US, in France and in Germany, want to sign more contract with us in order to have more profits in the biggest market in the world; on the other hand, the developped countries are afraid of the incredible potentiel of China, thus they are trying hard to abuse China for its politics, esp. for the problem of human rights. Of course a lot of their critics are based on non-sense and are exaggerated in a unreasanable way, which are far different from the reality in China. The Western Society are in a kind of contradiction, or to say , in a dilemma. To cooperate or not to cooerate? to abuse or to be tolerant? That's a question.

But as we are usually been told : every coin has two sides. We can not be so aggressive every time we read or listen to the critics or abusing reports from the western mass medias. We have to acknowledge that China still have a grave problem in human rights, or to say, most of our chinese people are still
living in a society where the idea of " equality of every human being" is not yet been planted. We were long time taught to obey the orders, to stay in where we are told to and to receive the ideas without an objective analyse. We should not forget that a lot of chinese people living in rural regions are still being negligated by the society.

What the Chinese people of OUR GENERATION have to do, is to continue to contribute to economic and scientific development in the country, and to try to make our dear rmotherland a better place to live, where the democracy and the equality are not longer somekind of SLOGAN, but something that can be observed and respected in our society.

----------------  teafortwo
                                           11/02/04, cité universitaire de Dauphine, Paris

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-9-22
精华
帖子

Sagittarius射手座 荣誉版主

板凳
发表于 2004-2-13 04:34:01 |只看该作者
What, so only Chinese people can bash other people now?
歸去來兮,田園將蕪胡不歸?
既自以心為形役,奚惆悵而獨悲!
悟已往之不諫,知來者之可追。
實迷途其未遠,覺今是而昨非。

木ノ葉舞うところに火は燃ゆる
火の影は里を照らし、また木ノ葉は芽吹く
----ナルト

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-10-25
精华
帖子
地板
发表于 2004-2-13 11:34:58 |只看该作者
whenever i meet such things, i feel ...
sigh :mad:
red & green ...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-10-25
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-2-13 11:41:39 |只看该作者
tea
in my impression about Frecnchmen, they are so haughty.
red & green ...

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-8-26
精华
帖子

Capricorn摩羯座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-2-15 02:23:57 |只看该作者
they r as haughty as the americans

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-7-14
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Sub luck

发表于 2004-2-15 17:00:16 |只看该作者
Franchesa, copy this to GRE AWA board.(and also modify this title please)

I DO think you can make recommendations occasionally and this will be beneficial for both of us.

Btw, teafortwo's essay seems pretty good!
Rien de réel ne peut être menacé.
Rien d'irréel n'existe.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-8-26
精华
帖子

Capricorn摩羯座 荣誉版主

发表于 2004-2-15 21:34:35 |只看该作者
thanx imong...in fact my english is ... how to say, a frenchish, becuz i do not know how to express some words exactly in english so i write them in a french way...... if you can help me to correct my english expressions i would be very happy....... thank you in advance

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-12-1
精华
帖子
发表于 2004-2-17 09:56:39 |只看该作者
Wow, easy man! All of you! We need ration not emotion to solve this problem. We couldn’t draw any conclusion just because of such little words. Basically, many western people know nothing about China but a country on the East Coast of Pacific Ocean, so it is reasonable for them to have some misunderstandings. In addition, most of those opinions are from individuals, depends on their amount, it’s stupid to say that the whole western society discriminate China. I do can understand the feeling; however, we must scrutinize the whole issue before a decision can make. You should know that, if an undergraduate student choose this topic to write a paper, I am afraid 50 pages are not enough.
Finally, I have to say the world is not fair. And never supposed it should be fair. Think of the people, who are in Iraq, they are still worrying if they could past a day alive. Look the people in Africa, they are still struggling in the mud of poverty.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2003-7-14
精华
帖子

荣誉版主 Sub luck

发表于 2004-2-20 16:44:45 |只看该作者
从英文水版找来的参考资料
Rien de réel ne peut être menacé.
Rien d'irréel n'existe.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2002-6-8
精华
帖子

寄托兑换店纪念章 梦舞槿樱 2015 US-applicant 寄托之心勋章 Libra天秤座 在任资深版主 Sub luck 读书种子 寄托16周年纪念勋章

发表于 2004-3-26 10:04:57 |只看该作者
UP.
以上言论仅代表个人观点

使用道具 举报

RE: [参考资料] How our foreign "FRIENDS" describe our dear China! [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子
[参考资料] How our foreign "FRIENDS" describe our dear China!
https://bbs.gter.net/thread-167501-1-1.html
复制链接
发送
报offer 祈福 爆照
回顶部