帖子

US-applicant

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-3-20 06:50:55 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
就西北大学要求的打疫苗问题,我问了healthcare office几个问题。现在把我的问题和他们的答复贴在这里,希望对有同此疑惑的同学有所帮助。

我的去信:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is ***. I was admitted to Northwestern Law LLM class of 2015. And now I am filling out the form of Admission Health Record. I have some questions about PART II: Required Immunizations.

1. For the vaccinations of Td, DT, DTP, DTaP or Tdap, I can choose one of them (I prefer Tdap), right? If I have record of Tdap in my childhood and that record is over 10 years prior to my entrance into Northwestern University, what I need to do is to do a booster, is it correct? If I have no record of Tdap in my childhood, I need to have two doses, is my understanding right?

2. If I choose to submit to your office the International Certificates of Vaccinations, can I keep the original for custom check and send to your office a copy first and have the original checked by your office after my entrance to Northwestern University? If I choose to deliver to your office a copy of my International Certificates of Vaccinations, do I still need to request my healthcare professional to fill out Part II of my Admission Health Record?

3. As to the TB test, as my answer to question 4 of PART III is “Yes” because of my life in China, so I need to do a TB test. I am a little bit confused by the first sentence of “Northwestern requires that, if you need a TB test, that it be done in the USA, and within 6 months prior to entrance into the University” of your office’s answer to Q 16 of FAQ. My question is: can I have the TB test in China before my entrance into Northwestern?

Look forward to your answers.

Sincerely yours,

对方的答复:

Thank you for your email.  I will answer your questions in the order asked:

1.      International students are required to provide proof of 2 childhood Tetanus/Diphtheria series vaccinations which could be Td, DT, DPT, DTaP or Tdap.  In addition, proof of a booster vaccination in the last 10 years is also required and could be any of the combinations listed.  If you do not have proof of any childhood vaccinations, you will need to complete a total of 3 Tetanus/Diphtheria vaccinations according to the following schedule:

- The 2nd date must be at least 28 days after the 1st date.
- The 3rd date must be at least 6 months after the 2nd date.

2.      You may submit a copy of your vaccination booklet; we do not need to see the original.  If you submit a copy, you do not have to have Part II completed.

3.      We do not accept TB test results from outside the US. All international students are able to complete a TB test at the Chicago or Evanston health service at no charge.  When we receive your Admission Health Record, we will provide you with instructions on how to schedule a TB test appointment.  You have until 30 days after the start of classes to complete this requirement.

I believe this answers all of your questions.  If it is convenient, you may scan and email the form and copies of your vaccination records to me instead of mailing them.  Please let me know if you have additional questions.  Thank you.

已有 1 人评分声望 收起 理由
jituoh + 4 西北团前来助威~

总评分: 声望 + 4   查看全部投币

回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2013-12-6
精华
帖子
沙发