注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-4-24 00:00:23 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
事先声明,以下内容为沈阳领事馆的Vice-Consul,Josh Goldberg所作的演讲,如果你不同意以下的任何观点,欢迎你指出。但是请不要因为你不同意其中的某个观点而与我进行争论,我没有任何签证经验,也不认为Josh Goldberg都是对的,我更无意与任何人进行争论,我只想把我在那个讲座里了解到的信息和大家一起分享。

先上传那个讲座的ppt:
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?立即注册
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

沙发
发表于 2006-4-24 00:01:15 |只看该作者
part2

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

板凳
发表于 2006-4-24 00:01:51 |只看该作者
part3

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

地板
发表于 2006-4-24 00:12:32 |只看该作者
先是Xiao Bai, Information Resource Center Director介绍了一下使馆网站的资源(见PPT),还有其他的一些和留学有关的官方网站。在以下网站有相关的信息:
http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/shenyang/cons/c/index.html
国内的各个大使馆的签证信息好像都是一样的。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 00:21:17 |只看该作者
然后Josh Goldberg重点讲了3个misconception和5个取得签证的secret.
由于ppt里讲的不详细,我在这里把他说的话都打出来吧。
misconception:
1.We have a quota of visas for students
NOT true!
We do not have any form of quota for the students. Do not think that today we have already released 100 student visa, and you are the 101 applicant, so you could not get a visa. In fact, if you are qualified, no matter how many visa we have released today, you will still get your visa. We release the visa by the rule, not by the quota.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 00:38:23 |只看该作者
2.There are special rules for Chinese applicants
NOT true!
The us embassy all over the world abey the same rule. If you have enough money to support your study and you can prove that you are really going to america for study and go back to China after you have finished your study, then you will get teh visa.

Someone may ask why a student was rejected in one place but later get the visa in another place, my explanation is that he has better evidence to show that he is qualified for the visa in the later place. This may happen if you have strong ties in the later place or you have better prepation for the interview after tehe forst rejection. I can promiss that, we all abey the same rule. I would explain about the importance of the strong ties later.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 00:49:20 |只看该作者
3.The larger U.S.-China political climate  impacts visa adjudications
NOT true!
For example, Mr Hu will have a meeting with Mr Bush (当时胡锦涛还没有访美). If they don't feel good with the meeting, will it affect the visa policy? NO. The visa is released by the law, the law will not changed by the political climate.

Someone argue that the 911 affect the visa policy. What I want to say is, we do have soem changes after 911, but the changes is for the security researon, such as you need to have a finger print, the law is the same. If you are qualified, we will still give you the visa.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 01:01:31 |只看该作者
Law 214b(见ppt) :

The US visa policy is different from other countries in that, you have to prove that you are not going abroad for immigration, other wise we would consider you as planning for immigration. Every visa applicant was first considered to be planning for immigration, unless later they could show evidence they are not aiming for that.

How could you prove that you are not going US for imigration? You should show that you have strong ties here in China.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 01:20:47 |只看该作者
Strong ties(见ppt):

Strong ties are the ties between you and your home counrty that make you go back after your study in the US. If you have a good job in China and you are likely to continue your job after the study in US, that's a strong tie. If you own a company, a house or a car in China, that's a strong tie. I know, as a student, most of you have no money, but you at least have one strong tie--your family. Your parents may stay in China,that make you a strong tie to China.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 01:37:27 |只看该作者
Personal Finance:

I know, as a student, you have no money. When I was a student, I do not have any money. So it is usual that your parents pay the money to support your study. It is very important that you show you would have enough money to support your study. We not only look at your bank statement, but also the income of your family. We should make sure that, your family would have reasonalbe income to supprt your study. Although you only need to show that you have the money for the first year, but you should show that you could PROBABALY pay for the consequence years.If you have a scholarship just for one year, show me that you could probabaly get it in the second year.

We should make sure that you are going america for study, if you do not have enough money, we would consider that you may do other things in US to make money.

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 01:49:44 |只看该作者
5 Secrets(见ppt):

1.Get good, accurate and free information

All the information available are on the website of US embassy as showed at the beginning. We do not cooperate with any other "consultants", never beleive that they could offer you more information that others may not know. If they ask you to pay a large amount of money, it is very possible that they are cheating you for your money but do nothing for you. Be careful! All the information are on our web site,  no one could offer you additional information other than our web site.

For example, if you are going to apply a visa, the consultant tell you that we have already released many visa this month, so it seems that we will not easily release more visa in the rest of this month. However, if you pay them money, they could help you get a visa.

Never believe them! They could not help you get the visa. You could get the visa by yourself, under the instructions on our website.

[ 本帖最后由 yezhenyu 于 2006-4-24 03:24 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 02:17:39 |只看该作者
2.Prepare

Try to think about how to prove that you could support your study in US. Try to think about your strong ties to China that make me believe you would come back.

If you are studying in some sensitive field, you may be required a check. Don't be afraid, evry year many students and professors from HIT(Harbin Inst. of Tech.,哈工大) are asked for a check, but most of them finally get the visa. If you know that you are probably required a check, try to prepare all the required documents on the day you go to the interview. Even you have not been told to have a check, you should prepare the required dicuments for the check beforehand. If you are asked for a check, then we will have your documents mailed to US for review. This may take a long time. So, apply for the visa at least 1 months before your day of departure.

以下网页有“特殊核查”一项,还列出了要求的额外材料。
http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/shenyang/cons/c/index.html#f1m1
我问过他,是不是在interwiew当天就要把check的材料带去,即使他还没通知我要被check.他说是, 只要你觉得你可能要被check,就提前把材料准备好,在interview的那天带去。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 02:42:54 |只看该作者
Answer questions which the officers asks
Use English (if required for program)
Do not recite a memorized speech.

Only answer questions that I ask, do not provide unrelative information. If I ask why you want to study in US, what would you say? (他提问在场的一位学生)Student: To study. VO: what field do you study? Studetns: Architechture. VO: Good!

This is a good example how you should answer my questions. If I ask you why you go to study in US, do not tell me that you want to go to US since childhood and how you work hard to do so. If I ask you why you go to study in US, do not say, "when I was young, my mother told me that I should go to america when I grow up" (台下大笑).

Answer what I ask you to answer, if you give the accurate information, you could probabaly get your visa. If you give unrelavent information, I would think that you do not have clear plan for your study, this would only lessen the chance you could get a visa.

If you are going abroad for a master degree, he interview would be taken in English. Since we think you have the ability to communicate in English. However, never worry that your English is not good. We are not looking at your English, we are looking at whether your are really going to study. If you have difficulty in communicatign in English, we could interview in Chinese.

If your parents want to visit you in the US, don't worry that they know nothing about English. We just looking at the relationship between your parents and you are really true.

Never memorize a speech. If I find that you are trying to recite something that you have prepared before, I would think that you are not confident to the interview, I would guess you may have some weakpoints, which I don't know yet,that make you unconfident. In this situation, I would probabally NOT give you the visa.

[ 本帖最后由 yezhenyu 于 2006-4-24 02:45 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 02:53:45 |只看该作者
4.Be truthful

不要撒谎,这就没什么好说的了。直接跳过。

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-3-31
精华
帖子

荣誉版主

发表于 2006-4-24 03:00:52 |只看该作者
5.If you are refused, go home and consider what you can do to show compelling ties to your country.  

If unable to show such ties, wait until your circumstances have changed and consider reapplying.

If you are single, you are rejected one time. Then several months later, you get married, and have a child. Then you should show this to me next time you go to interview. Since your family is a strong tie. If your wife, your child are in China, it is probabaly that you would go back to China.

今天VO讲了那么久,一直在强调strong ties。

使用道具 举报

RE: 两周前沈阳的签证官来介绍签证政策 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发
转发该帖子