2007-5-7
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2008-8-23 11:21:04 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
23号作业

8月23日

Do you agree or disagree: People can learn more from watching television than reading books.  (2007.2.3,学习教育类)

Currently, the controversial issue whether people can learn more from watching television or reading books urges great attention from both public and individual. Some people consider the former is better while others prefer the latter. As far as I am concerned, from a personal rather than a theoretical perspective, I hold the idea that people can learn more from watching  television nowadays.

Admittedly, books, from ancient to last century, is the main medium for people to achieve knowledge. And some old people always likes reading books in their spare times rather than  watching television. In many museum, ancient books record lots of ancient history.

However, as a proverb says,'Other times, other manners'. Along with new technology revolution storm blow out the world, almost every family has its own television. So, watching television  had already became one part of daily life. An instance can give the detail of this point: one Cambridge research team has made a survey in Brazil to research that how many hours  
people watching television each day. The result shows that in the year 2000, each Brazil women spend 5 hours each day in watching television programs. However, if you keep on make a research about that how many hours were used in reading books, I think it would be half an hour each day.

Additionally, the second reason I single out and present here is that television is more powerful and colourful than books. TV programs attach so many people at present, for the reason that people can see everything they never seen before. Nevertheless, books just through words express things. Here is an appropriate example which is very persuasive: if you want to went to Beijing, watching the Olympic Games, you have an introductive book and a live introductive TV program. Which do you prefer? Of course, everybody will choose television. Because, they can see what is happing in Beijing right now! So, here is another merit of TV, people can learn more latest news form watching television.

In sum, nowadays television has already become the main media for transport knowledge and news. So, after weighing the pros and cons about this issue, I believe people can learn more from watching television than reading books.
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2007-7-7
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2008-8-23 12:20:59 |只看该作者
Currently, the controversial issue whether people can learn more from watching television or reading books urges great attention from both public and individual. Some people consider the former is better while others prefer the latter. As far as I am concerned, from a personal rather than a theoretical perspective, I hold the idea that people can learn more from watching  television nowadays./i~KL QSsHP

Admittedly, books, from ancient to last century, is the main medium for people to achieve knowledge. And some old people always likes reading books in their spare times rather than  watching television. In many museum, ancient books record lots of ancient history.|留学|签证|TOEFL|GRE        P;s*no_;U:k
bbs.gter.nett7bk~z,q8f
However, as a proverb says,'Other times, other manners'. Along with new technology revolution storm blow out the world, almost every family has its own television. So, watching television  had already became one part of daily life. An instance can give the detail of this point: one Cambridge research team has made a survey in Brazil to research that how many hours  
people watching television each day. The result shows that in the year 2000, each Brazil women spend 5 hours each day in watching television programs. However, if you keep on make--making a research about that how many hours were used in reading books, I think it would be half an hour each day.这句有点绝对。
这段的调查只能说明看电视的时间多了,并不能论证人们通过电视学得更多,LZ最好再多论述几句:当电视进入人们生活后的具体利益,与主题句呼应。

Additionally, the second reason I single out and present here is that television is more powerful and colourful than books. TV programs attach so many people at present, for the reason that people can see everything they never seen before. Nevertheless, books just through words express things短语顺序改下. Here is an appropriate example which is very persuasive: if you want to went--go to Beijing, watching the Olympic Games, you have an introductive book and a live introductive TV program. Which do you prefer? Of course, everybody will choose television. Because, they can see what is happing in Beijing right now! So, here is another merit of TV, people can learn more latest news form watching television.最好再具体举个比赛项目的例子,说明用电视来看会感受到场上激烈的气氛,直播也让人有零距离感。

In sum, nowadays television has already become the main media for transport knowledge and news. So, after weighing the pros and cons about this issue, I believe people can learn more from watching television than reading books.

全文很公整,建议加强论证,一起努力吧!

[ 本帖最后由 qawsed 于 2008-8-23 12:22 编辑 ]

使用道具 举报

RE: COMEON作文小组------ 8月23日作业 [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发