寄托币
注册时间
2006-7-21
精华
帖子
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-7-18 16:52:24 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community
Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.(
类似题目:neighborhood的一系列建设,博物馆\医院\高中\电影院...)

We know that a company has announced that it would like to build a large factory near our community. Obviously, it will have some advantages and disadvantages to our community. Thinking in whole way, I can not support the factory according to the requirement of our mainly benefit.

To the beginning, the operation of the factory will have harm influence to the environment in our community, which is vital to the residents’ health. The factory could release some waste gas and water, which would do harm to our community environment. As we know, people’s health situation is highly influenced by the environment they live in. So, if we agree the plan of the company, we will sacrifices the health of our neighbor and ours.

What’s more, the factory will have some noise while operating. As the development of society, people live in a community not only because of the environment and facilities, but also caring about the quality of living there. If it happens in the time people need quiet, the factory would make residents can not rest, read books, and do other things which require quiet environment. And this will undoubtedly reduce the quality of living.

Admittedly, the plan of building a factory will improve the development of the community. But we should cognize that this benefit in economy is short-arm and cost too much. If we see the long term benefit, we should oppose the factory.

As a conclusion, the plan of building a factory could cause much more long-lasting disadvantages than advantages; hence, I oppose the factory after considering these factors above.

口语Describe a teacher you admire. Explain why you admire him or her. Include reasons and examples to support your response.(典型题目:一类人物的characteristic)

Well, to me, my physical teacher in high school is the teacher I most admire. Firstly, he is so smart that he seems to know all the answer to our questions. Secondly, he is very kind and patient ,so he would like to teach us until we know the answer correctly. Thirdly, besides physical principles, he always tell us some other principles of being a good and useful individual of the society.

[ 本帖最后由 guiyuan 于 2007-7-18 16:53 编辑 ]
回应

使用道具 举报

声望
寄托币
注册时间
2006-11-3
精华
帖子
沙发
发表于 2007-7-19 15:58:29 |只看该作者
9月ibt小组第二次作业--guiyuan

A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community
Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.(
类似题目:neighborhood的一系列建设,博物馆\医院\高中\电影院...)

We know that a company has announced that it would like to build a large factory near our community. Obviously, it will have some advantages and disadvantages to our community(开头可以稍微换一下词和句式,不要让ETS觉得实在明显抄题目). Thinking in whole way(可以用As far as I concerned ), I can not support the factory(to be built) according to (the requirement of,可以去掉) our mainly benefit.

To the beginning, the operation of the factory will have harmful influence to(换成on) the environment in our community, which is vital(考虑一下crucial) to the residents’ health. The factory could release some waste(考虑一下poisonous) gas and water, which would do harm to our community environment. As we know, people’s health situation(是不是换成conditions会更好?不大确定) is highly influenced(affected) by the environment they live in(in which they live). So, if we agree (with) the plan of the company, we will sacrifices(sacrifice) the health of our neighbor and ours.

What’s more, the factory will have(produce) some noise while operating. As the development of society, (When)people (choose to)live in a community, they consider not only (because of, 去掉) the environment and facilities, but also caring(care) about the quality of living there. If it happens in the time people need quiet(这句不大看懂), the factory would make(have a result that) residents can not rest, read books, and do other things which require quiet environment. And this will undoubtedly reduce the quality of living.

Admittedly, the plan of building a factory will improve the development of the community. But we should cognize that this benefit in economy is short-arm and costs too much. If we see the long term benefit,(有一句话好像叫At a long-term stand, 不确定) we should oppose (building)the factory.(以前上XDF的GRE班时,老师建议过用欲抑先扬,欲扬先抑的trick。个人觉得这段支持的可以放在第二段反对的前面)

As a conclusion, the plan of building a factory could cause much more long-lasting disadvantages than advantages; hence, I oppose the factory after considering these factors above.(如果时间够的话还可以再啰嗦几句)

整篇文章的结构、观点比较清晰,不足的是用词和句子还不够灵活多变,多多练习就行啦~~

口语Describe a teacher you admire. Explain why you admire him or her. Include reasons and examples to support your response.(典型题目:一类人物的characteristic)

Well, to me, my physical teacher in high school is the teacher I most admire. Firstly, he is so smart that he seems to know all the answers to (all of)our questions. Secondly, he is very kind and patient ,so he would like to(always keeps on teaching) teach us until we know(understand) the answer correctly. Thirdly, besides physical principles, he always tell us some other principles of being a good and useful individual of(in) the society.

恩,我口语样题还没听过,对口语的要求不大熟悉,随便说几句
这篇分三点写老师的特点,结构很清晰,不过有的句子有点中式英语哈~~~

使用道具 举报

RE: 9月ibt小组第二次作业--guiyuan [修改]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

问答
Offer
投票
面经
最新
精华
转发